Dog lovers damage the planet - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Tainari88 wrote:Mouser loves him. Lol. That cat meows a lot when he sees my boy.

So does Sami, our cat. He's always trying to talk to me. Lol. :D

I think he needs to spend more time on Dulce de Coco and help her get trained well. The cat is independent. Dogs require a lot more work in educating and training them well.

He loves them both....but Mouser is the most attached to a human cat I have ever witnessed. He would be quite content following my son around for the rest of his existence. Hee hee.

I've always found cats to be deeply affectionate animals. I don't understand people who say they aren't. I've always found that if you give love, then it will be returned.

Animals are beautiful creatures. Pure of heart and full of instinct and full of nature's laws. I wish we would not be so incredibly complicated with our human loves and human attentions with each other.

Simple and pure love that is untainted by much else is always the best kind.

When I read this post of yours, I happened to be listening (through headphones) to the final movement of Mahler's 3rd symphony - the movement titled 'What Love Tells Me'. The symphony is a musical depiction of the process of evolution, from inchoate, brutal matter to the highest spiritual exaltation through love. Coincidence? I suspect not.... :) All of nature leads to love, and can only be understood in the light of love.
Potemkin wrote:So does Sami, our cat. He's always trying to talk to me. Lol. :D

I've always found cats to be deeply affectionate animals. I don't understand people who say they aren't. I've always found that if you give love, then it will be returned.

When I read this post of yours, I happened to be listening (through headphones) to the final movement of Mahler's 3rd symphony - the movement titled 'What Love Tells Me'. The symphony is a musical depiction of the process of evolution, from inchoate, brutal matter to the highest spiritual exaltation through love. Coincidence? I suspect not.... :) All of nature leads to love, and can only be understood in the light of love.

Yes it is. Love is what drives everything and it is the goal of sentient beings to be able to live free to be in a state of love and peace. We seek peace and we seek love and we won't find it in an ephimeral universe like this one in which all things change and fade away and what remains in the end is our sense of connection to something that is alive and ever changing but permanent as well. Where there is the beauty of uniqueness but in a permanently joyful state...at rest too.

This little mouser is a character. Hee hee. I have so much to talk about!
Tainari88 wrote:Yes it is. Love is what drives everything and it is the goal of sentient beings to be able to live free to be in a state of love and peace. We seek peace and we seek love and we won't find it in an ephimeral universe like this one in which all things change and fade away and what remains in the end is our sense of connection to something that is alive and ever changing but permanent as well. Where there is the beauty of uniqueness but in a permanently joyful state...at rest too.

Yes, querida. I truly believe that.

This little mouser is a character. Hee hee. I have so much to talk about!

Indeed, @Tainari88. We need to catch up! ;)
QatzelOk wrote:My point about Dogs=SUVs=AK-47s was that, if you only look at the positives of something, then you are marketing it to other people (or to yourself), rather than trying to understand it and make a rational decision about it.

You are making an unfounded, irrational and idiotic assumption there.
Robert Urbanek wrote:That was the "assumption" of the source material, not me. Your estimate may be more correct.

Yes, I accept that it was based on the source material. My figures, not an estimate, is what we give our 40kg dog. Dogs will eat pretty much whatever you put in front of them so it's easy for them to be overweight.
Tainari88 wrote:Dogs require a lot more work in educating and training them well.

I've heard that too but ours didn't need much. He behaves. People have asked me how I trained him. It's more that he learns.

A tail from yesterday. He brought a twig into the house. He chews them to pieces and makes a mess. My dear wife offered him a treat in exchange for the twig. Within a minute he brought in another expecting the same reward. Fast learner.
Besoeker2 wrote:I've heard that too but ours didn't need much. He behaves. People have asked me how I trained him. It's more that he learns.

A tail from yesterday. He brought a twig into the house. He chews them to pieces and makes a mess. My dear wife offered him a treat in exchange for the twig. Within a minute he brought in another expecting the same reward. Fast learner.

1. Bring twig into house.
2. Crazy human exchanges twig for treat.
3. Profit!!

:excited:
Besoeker2 wrote:You are making an unfounded, irrational and idiotic assumption there.

And you're countering ideas that you don't agree with, with bad words and insults.

Why don't you just type 'woof, woof?'

It would be just as effective at changing anyone's mind.

He brought a twig into the house.

I guess I don't know what I'm missing.

This sounds like a very interesting event. :lol:
OR, you don't do much traveling because you have a pet, and stay home more. That's a stupid generalization to make, and is almost as stupid as QatzelOk's statements... almost. :knife:

Our pet stays home, when we travel, and I have cousins and friends care for her.
Godstud wrote:OR, you don't do much traveling because you have a pet, and stay home more. That's a stupid generalization to make, and is almost as stupid as QatzelOk's statements... almost. :knife:

Our pet stays home, when we travel, and I have cousins and friends care for her.

Clearly, many people consider the needs of the dog when purchasing a vehicle. Of 13 vehicles recommended as best for dogs by U.S. News & World Report, most were SUVs.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/best-cars-for-dogs
@Godstud

I asked QatzelOk how he'd enslaved his Kat

QatzelOk wrote: My cat was an ugly stray that I helped a neighbor catch (with its mom and young sibling). The other two got the giant needle, like most abandoned cats do. Slaves in the Olde South didn't do much better if their masters abandoned them.

Anyway, a stray who is used to learning to hunt outside... needed to be broken (trained) and de-clawed (yikes). Eventually, she gave up on her independence and her social need for other cats, and became a normal, neurotic house-toy.

This doesn't strike me as 'enslaved', nor do I detect any indication of SUVism nor AKhoodery. I can't think why he had it declawed, though.
Stormsmith wrote:I can't think why he had it declawed, though.
Declawing a cat is animal cruelty. QatzelOk can't claim any sort of moral high ground if he did such a thing.

Declawing is both painful and traumatic, and it has been outlawed in Germany and other parts of Europe as a form of cruelty. Many veterinarians in the U.S. refuse to declaw cats, who experience extreme pain when they awaken after surgery and have difficulty walking until their paws heal.

I am sure that if QatzelOk had human slaves, he'd have them lobotomized, as well.

Pets are not slaves.
Robert Urbanek wrote:If you own a dog, then you are more likely to buy a gas-guzzling SUV or van to accommodate the extra space needed by your pet when travelling, thus adding to your carbon footprint.

Ours regularly travelled on the back seat of my car. A car that routinely returned better than 60 mpg.
Robert Urbanek wrote:If you own a dog, then you are more likely to buy a gas-guzzling SUV or van to accommodate the extra space needed by your pet when travelling, thus adding to your carbon footprint.

INDEED!!

My dogs enjoy the space they have in the back of the Defender!
Godstud wrote:Declawing a cat is animal cruelty. QatzelOk can't claim any sort of moral high ground if he did such a thing.

Having never been a cat owner, I had no idea what was involved with declawing a cat. Man, that's insane! It would be the equivalent of amputating a human tow at the last knuckle. That's insane.

A friend of mine actually has caps that go on her cat's claws. They're attached with an adhesive which naturally deteriorates as the claws grow and they fall off.

And maybe I did have a cat once, but it was a cat that just showed up on my back deck one day and never left, so I don't really feel I "owned" her. She was actually very friendly and certainly wasn't feral. We named her Ripple:

Indy wrote:INDEED!!

My dogs enjoy the space they have in the back of the Defender!

Really?
My first car was a Hillman Imp. I had a dog then, much like the one we have now. He jumped on to the back seat and loved it.
Besoeker2 wrote:Really?
My first car was a Hillman Imp. I had a dog then, much like the one we have now. He jumped on to the back seat and loved it.

I'll admit, I had to google that car. Looks like a hoot!

I've got a few different cars and trucks. The Land Rover Defender is my "go to" for scootin' around town.

...Gaza could become a tourist attraction if the […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

... rape ... You have mentionned "rape&quo[…]

The importance of out-breeding

DOG BREEDING https://external-content.[…]

Who needs a wall? We have all those land mines ju[…]