Dog lovers damage the planet - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Indy wrote:I'll admit, I had to google that car. Looks like a hoot!

I've got a few different cars and trucks. The Land Rover Defender is my "go to" for scootin' around town.

When I had the Imp, we lived on a hill farm in Scotland and studied at University in Edinburgh. As a student, you do't have a lot of money hence the small car.

About three years ago, we went on holiday to the Loch Lomond area. In nine days we did over 1100 miles. Our dog was the best passenger one could wish for. And he didn't ruin the planet here.

Besoeker2 wrote:When I had the Imp, we lived on a hill farm in Scotland and studied at University in Edinburgh. As a student, you do't have a lot of money hence the small car.

About three years ago, we went on holiday to the Loch Lomond area. In nine days we did over 1100 miles. Our dog was the best passenger one could wish for. And he didn't ruin the planet here.

I went to Edinburgh last year. Had a great time! We found a place called Captain's Bar (I believe it's near the university) which became our "last stop" on the way back to the hotel each evening.
Indy wrote:I went to Edinburgh last year. Had a great time! We found a place called Captain's Bar (I believe it's near the university) which became our "last stop" on the way back to the hotel each evening.

Yes, the University of Edinburgh. There are two others, Heriot Watt and Napier universities.

Interesting city.
I've been doing a lot of thinking about what Besoeker2 said about his dog bringing a twig into the house, and I'm starting to see a link between dogs and the MK-Ultra program.

DOGS AND MK-ULTRA

The idea of MK-Ultra was to erase human minds so that they could be re-programmed to be slaves to giant corporations (like Chiquita).

The idea with dogs was to force-breed them into extreme, multi-generational incest until all the instincts and intelligence are gone, and you're left with stuffed toy animals with one or two specializations who are then broken (trained) to remove any traces of lasting instincts.

Yes, I had my cat de-clawed. Cat owners (and dog owners) can have that done to their property. Likewise, they can torture them with 'training,' force them to crap and pee in their tiny corner of the house, lock them in hot cars, abandon them in parks, let their teenagers torture them, etc.

Dogs were created as property. What a horrible thing mankind did in creating this Frankenstein monster of a useless species that can't survive without charity or vandalism. Just as horrible as creating the MK-Ultra program.
QatzelOk wrote:I've been doing a lot of thinking about what Besoeker2 said about his dog bringing a twig into the house, and I'm starting to see a link between dogs and the MK-Ultra program.

My point was how quickly he learned. After just one go, he went and got another.
And the twig was for his benefit - he likes to chew things so no slavery involved.
QatzelOk wrote:I've been doing a lot of thinking about what Besoeker2 said about his dog bringing a twig into the house, and I'm starting to see a link between dogs and the MK-Ultra program.

DOGS AND MK-ULTRA

The idea of MK-Ultra was to erase human minds so that they could be re-programmed to be slaves to giant corporations (like Chiquita).

The idea with dogs was to force-breed them into extreme, multi-generational incest until all the instincts and intelligence are gone, and you're left with stuffed toy animals with one or two specializations who are then broken (trained) to remove any traces of lasting instincts.

Yes, I had my cat de-clawed. Cat owners (and dog owners) can have that done to their property. Likewise, they can torture them with 'training,' force them to crap and pee in their tiny corner of the house, lock them in hot cars, abandon them in parks, let their teenagers torture them, etc.

Dogs were created as property. What a horrible thing mankind did in creating this Frankenstein monster of a useless species that can't survive without charity or vandalism. Just as horrible as creating the MK-Ultra program.

So, let me get this straight. You hate and despise dogs and you had your cat de-clawed, something which most vets refuse to do since they regard it as unnecessary and a form of animal cruelty. And then you turn around and accuse us of being immoral slave-owners, because... reasons. Hmm.... :eh:
[quote="Potemkin"And then you turn around and accuse us of being immoral slave-owners, [/quote]
If he'd ever had a dog as a pet, he would understand which one is the slave.....and stop drawing such idiotic conclusions.
Indy wrote:I will definitely return.

Sometimes called the Athens of the north. If you are feeling energetic, clime Arthur's Seat. Gives superb views of the city.
The "Cutty Sark" is a clipper moored in Lieth docks and iswas open to visitors.

If you have a chance, visit Culross (pronounced Kooross). Across the Forth bridge and turn left.
Best kept village village in Fife. It has a Palace, West Kirk historical ruins, interesting historical graveyard.......
North Bank of the Forth estuary, remains of a local salt mine, history abounds......and not very from Dunfermline...
Besoeker2 wrote:Sometimes called the Athens of the north. If you are feeling energetic, clime Arthur's Seat. Gives superb views of the city.

We went to Holyrood Park on our "hop on/hop off" bus, but didn't make the climb.

We were in Leith, but I don't recall seeing the Cutty Sark. We didn, however, find The Granary where we had a wonderful late lunch, complete with haggis.

...history abounds......and not very from Dunfermline...

Most Americans don't realize the depth and wealth of history which is found in Europe.
Besoeker2 wrote:Sometimes called the Athens of the north. If you are feeling energetic, clime Arthur's Seat. Gives superb views of the city.

I believe you're thinking of the Royal Yacht Britannia, which is indeed at Leith Docks and is well worth a visit. I think the Cutty Sark is in London.

If you have a chance, visit Culross (pronounced Kooross). Across the Forth bridge and turn left.
Best kept village village in Fife. It has a Palace, West Kirk historical ruins, interesting historical graveyard.......
North Bank of the Forth estuary, remains of a local salt mine, history abounds......and not very from Dunfermline...

Seconded! :up:
[quote="Potemkin"]
I believe you're thinking of the Royal Yacht Britannia, which is indeed at Leith Docks and is well worth a visit. I think the Cutty Sark is in London.
Quite right. I think it was in Edinburgh. But that when I was a student in the 1960s.
Could be wrong.
Besoeker2 wrote:
Quite right. I think it was in Edinburgh. But that when I was a student in the 1960s.
Could be wrong.

The Britannia is most definitely in Leith. We didn't take the tour, but we checked out the gift shop!
Besoeker2 wrote:Quite right. I think it was in Edinburgh. But that when I was a student in the 1960s.
Could be wrong.

I can't find any mention of that in the Wikipedia page on the Cutty Sark. And I don't recall it being there from my childhood in the 1970s. I'm not accusing you of False Memory Syndrome, but.... ;)
Potemkin wrote:So, let me get this straight. You hate and despise dogs and you had your cat de-clawed, something which most vets refuse to do since they regard it as unnecessary and a form of animal cruelty. And then you turn around and accuse us of being immoral slave-owners, because... reasons. Hmm.... :eh:

People in this thread are virtue-signalling, saying nice things about how they treat dogs. But the reality is that house pets are helpless to defend themselves against the cruelty of their owners.

People drown unwanted kittens and puppies, teenagers torture cats and dogs, and these animals are frequently neglected to the point of psychological damage.

And there's nothing they can do about it because they have no voice. Pets are recognized as being inferior to humans, and thus a master-slave relationship is what is created.

FYI: Some masters were really nice to their slaves and would be in this thread defending slavery because 'I am nice.' This proves nothing and has zero weight in the OP argument. You might as well be promoting tourism since you've proven nothing about pet ownership being non-cruel.
QatzelOk wrote:People in this thread are virtue-signalling, saying nice things about how they treat dogs. But the reality is that house pets are helpless to defend themselves against the cruelty of their owners.

Uh-huh.

People drown unwanted kittens and puppies, teenagers torture cats and dogs, and these animals are frequently neglected to the point of psychological damage.

Uh-huh.

And there's nothing they can do about it because they have no voice. Pets are recognized as being inferior to humans, and thus a master-slave relationship is what is created.

Animals aren't as good at being human as humans, yet are living in a human household as one of the family. They must therefore have their behaviour monitored and controlled to some degree, especially dogs. This is different from regarding them as 'inferior'. Essentially, they are treated as human toddlers are treated, not as slaves are treated.

FYI: Some masters were really nice to their slaves and would be in this thread defending slavery because 'I am nice.' This proves nothing and has zero weight in the OP argument. You might as well be promoting tourism since you've proven nothing about pet ownership being non-cruel.

Uh-huh.
QatzelOk wrote:People in this thread are virtue-signalling, saying nice things about how they treat dogs. But the reality is that house pets are helpless to defend themselves against the cruelty of their owners. People drown unwanted kittens and puppies, teenagers torture cats and dogs, and these animals are frequently neglected to the point of psychological damage. And there's nothing they can do about it because they have no voice. Pets are recognized as being inferior to humans, and thus a master-slave relationship is what is created.

All you've done is hack everyone with an animal as being abusive vs implied all animals abuse people. I don't know what Quebecers are up to, but in my entire life I've never seen a dog threaten a person, and only once have I seen a person abuse an animal. The SPCA soon parted them and the dog was adopted. Our SPCA doesn't put animals down without good cause. Also, if you're so worried about animals abusing you, maybe get therapy. I'm not being meañ, you outlook is just too OTT
Babies are slaves because they're not human adults.
Children are slaves because they're not human adults.
Retards are slaves because they're not human adults.

I recently heard a video where Penn Jillette (worl[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to fi[…]

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2024/04/18/ron-des[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

70% of Americans view Ukraine as an ally or frien[…]