Election 2020 - Page 58 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By anasawad
@Indy
Not really, he's not only a pretty strong candidate, he's also pretty good and in ideal circumstances I personally would vote for someone like him if he was in my country or area.
But since I'm not an American and not in the US but rather in the middle east, Republican, and Trump in specific, 's policy in the middle east is for the best long term interests of the people here, also in specific my countries.
So I'd much rather Trump stay in office and keep cutting off European and liberal lifelines extended to the regime in Iran and Hezbollah rather than some of the liberal and left-leaning candidate that would shower the regime with money and trade deals to keep it alive.

For internal American policy, I'd generally go with Sanders, but I'm not really concerned with the US internally now, more so with Liberal governments keeping fascist and theocratic governments here alive.
By Big Steve-3
anasawad wrote:@Indy
Not really, he's not only a pretty strong candidate, he's also pretty good and in ideal circumstances I personally would vote for someone like him if he was in my country or area.

If Trump suffered a heart attack before the General, I would not vote for him. The stressors of the job are just far too great.

Likewise, Sanders has already proven to me that he's not the guy for the job.
By Finfinder
Indy wrote:If Sanders is the strongest in the field, the Democrats should be very, very worried.

Probably going to see a repeat of DNC sabotaging Sanders candidacy. All these stories of Sanders profiting from campaigning is surfacing, media buying commission. Some secret corporation located on a culdasac in Alexandria Va. Bootyjuge is probably the least corrupt he doesn't t have a chance. I agree the Dems are in a bad spot I think they are giving up on the presidency and this entire impeachment charade is about the house and senate elections.
By Drlee
Probably going to see a repeat of DNC sabotaging Sanders candidacy. All these stories of Sanders profiting from campaigning is surfacing, media buying commission. Some secret corporation located on a culdasac in Alexandria Va. Bootyjuge is probably the least corrupt he doesn't t have a chance. I agree the Dems are in a bad spot I think they are giving up on the presidency and this entire impeachment charade is about the house and senate elections.

I'll be damned. I agree with this entirely though I would disagree with the term "charade".
There is no doubt that the impeachment is ill advised, ill timed, and pointless but Trump did the deeds alleged. And they are enough to remove him from office. But he will not be removed so that is all academic.

A great deal depends on what Bloomberg does. If he decides to throw his reported Billion dollars into senate races then the impeachment might later be seen as a masterstroke. My guess is not.
By Hindsite
Indy wrote:If Trump suffered a heart attack before the General, I would not vote for him. The stressors of the job are just far too great.

Likewise, Sanders has already proven to me that he's not the guy for the job.

Sanders is stuck in the Senate during this impeachment hearing, but that has not hurt him like many had said. AOC has been campaigning in his place calling for the end of ICE and open borders and now the last report I saw had Sanders on top or moving up fast.

BERNIE SANDERS CLIMBS TO TOP OF DEMOCRATIC RACE FOR PRESIDENT IN NEW POLL, JOINING JOE BIDEN
BY JENNI FINK ON 1/22/20 AT 9:03 AM EST

On Wednesday, CNN released a monthly poll that showed Sanders at the top of the crowded field of contenders for the Democratic nomination. As support for Sanders jumped to 27 percent from 20 percent in December, support for Biden fell from 26 percent to 24 percent.

https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders ... en-1483428

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... president/
By Godstud
Hindsite wrote:AOC has been campaigning in his place calling for the end of ICE and open borders and now the last report I saw had Sanders on top or moving up fast.
That's a lie that you are spreading, because you don't understand the argument and it's simply not true. You are buying into the foolish lies told by Trump, unsurprisingly...

This an old, and factually false claim.

Calls to Abolish ICE Not ‘Open Borders’
Despite President Donald Trump’s repeated claims, Democrats are not advocating open borders, not even the ones who are calling to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The small minority of Democrats in Congress calling for the end of ICE have all said they would like to have many of ICE’s functions redistributed to other, existing government agencies. None has called for abandoning border enforcement.

Trump has for years wrongly accused Democrats of wanting open borders, but he has stepped up the frequency of that attack line as Democrats in recent weeks criticized his “no tolerance” policy that resulted in family separations at the border, and as some Democrats began calling for the abolishment of ICE.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/07/calls ... n-borders/
By jimjam
Sanders has built the largest, most diverse grass roots movement in American history. More women have sent him donations than all the other Democratic candidates combined. All along he has been the candidate with the highest favorability ratings and the press has never been kind to him, except briefly when they hoped his heart attack would lead him to drop out of the race.

Like all his life, Sanders is working within in the system, politely following the rules. The issues he promotes are issues that will help working class Americans and restore the reputation of our country. Those who do not understand this phenomenon need to look at his platform. It is the best platform since the Roosevelt-Truman decades.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:That's a lie that you are spreading, because you don't understand the argument and it's simply not true. You are buying into the foolish lies told by Trump, unsurprisingly...

This an old, and factually false claim.

Calls to Abolish ICE Not ‘Open Borders’
Despite President Donald Trump’s repeated claims, Democrats are not advocating open borders, not even the ones who are calling to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The small minority of Democrats in Congress calling for the end of ICE have all said they would like to have many of ICE’s functions redistributed to other, existing government agencies. None has called for abandoning border enforcement.

Trump has for years wrongly accused Democrats of wanting open borders, but he has stepped up the frequency of that attack line as Democrats in recent weeks criticized his “no tolerance” policy that resulted in family separations at the border, and as some Democrats began calling for the abolishment of ICE.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/07/calls ... n-borders/

I just saw and heard AOC say it on a campaign rally for Bernie. I don't know if Bernie believes that because Bernie was not there, but apparently AOC does.
By jimjam
Meanwhile in Iowa: “We’re going to win because working people are tired of being ignored, working two or three jobs,” Sanders proclaimed to heads nodding and amens.

The ballroom echoed in boos when Sanders detailed how 12 years ago “Congress bailed out crooks on Wall Street, and then Trump gave them a trillion dollars in tax breaks”. And Amazon pays no tax. Boo!

A man up front said his health insurance premiums are $1,400 per month.

As jimjam has been railing for months: Adjusted for inflation wages have been stagnant/flat for the past 40 years and household debt is at an all time high. Now, I may have missed it but I do not recall Impeached President Trump mentioning this :?: .
By Godstud
Hindsite wrote:I just saw and heard AOC say it on a campaign rally for Bernie. I don't know if Bernie believes that because Bernie was not there, but apparently AOC does.
You still don't understand that, and that is quite evident. Disbanding ICE is not open borders, which AOC is NOT calling for. Stop spreading lies you see on Breitbart. You don't understand what she's saying, or the argument. You are all about talking points and not about facts, because you don't listen to what is actually being said. You only listen to what people tell you, and you only listen to the people who are telling you BS, because you don't care about facts if they don't match what you want them to say. :knife:
By Drlee
I
just saw and heard AOC say it on a campaign rally for Bernie. I don't know if Bernie believes that because Bernie was not there, but apparently AOC does.

First of all, what were you doing at a Bernie campaign rally?

Second. She did no such thing.

What AOC believes and has posted on her website is that she wants to abolish ICE, which operates independently, and revert to the INS which operated under and subject to the rules of the Department of Justice. You will not bother to read it so I will not bother to post it.

Now @Hindsite here is something interesting. There is a group that is calling for open borders. It is called the US Libertarian Party. Closely linked to the Republican Party, its platform says:
3.4 Free Trade and Migration
We support the removal of governmental impediments to free trade. Political freedom and escape from tyranny demand that individuals not be unreasonably constrained by government in the crossing of political boundaries. Economic freedom demands the unrestricted movement of human as well as financial capital across national borders.

It also opposes the death penalty.

So if you want to go after a party that believes in open borders you can forget the Democrats. They believe in strong immigration enforcement and Obama is the proof of it. He deported more people than Bush did. But you can tear into the Libertarians. They are the ones you should be going after.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:I

First of all, what were you doing at a Bernie campaign rally?

Second. She did no such thing.

Democrats FINALLY Call For Overt Open Borders, Ocasio Cortez Says Bernie Will END Border Protections
Jan 26, 2020

Far left Democrats have proposed radical changes to immigration law going as far as to say no deportations and abolish ICE.

But many on the left and many democrats have argued that this doesn't mean we will have open borders. People will still be screened upon entry right?

Well not only did they then say they would decriminalize illegal border crossings, Ocasio Cortez has straight up said she wants ICE and CBP to be broken up and that Bernie Sanders has pledged to do it. Bernie was there as she said it as it was his own rally.

So there you have it. By their own definition they will get rid of border security, end deportations, and stop enforcing the law. This by any sane metric is open borders.

Republicans were already correct in saying they have been for open borders but now with the latest call to end Customs and Border Protection there is literally no defense. No more games, no more semantics, AOC called for open borders.
By Godstud
:roll: De-criminalizing illegal border crossings is not making illegal immigration legal.

FFS! @Hindsite, read the post @Drlee just made. He understands the argument. YOU DO NOT.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote::roll: De-criminalizing illegal border crossings is not making illegal immigration legal.

I don't fool that easily. You forget that I am a near genius.
HalleluYah
By Godstud
Anyone is a "near genius", since it's all relative. Please stop pretending you are anything more than a boring, average intelligence, Trump idolator. Being a prideful person isn't very Christian, either... but of course you knew that, right?
By Patrickov
Godstud wrote:You are closer to a near moron than a near genius. Please stop pretending you are anything more than a boring, average intelligence, Trump idolator.

IMHO the two bolded parts obviously contradict each other.
By Godstud
I deleted it, as it wasn't really accurate. Nearly dead is alive.
By jimjam
We're seeing a lot of Mike Bloomberg's ads, and they are good - concise, focused, professional. I will not be surprised to see him surge on Super Tuesday, when he will first be on ballots. I have to believe that he could really take it to the incumbent, and I am sure he's in Trump's head, his worst nightmare.
By colliric
jimjam wrote:We're seeing a lot of Mike Bloomberg's ads, and they are good - concise, focused, professional. I will not be surprised to see him surge on Super Tuesday, when he will first be on ballots. I have to believe that he could really take it to the incumbent, and I am sure he's in Trump's head, his worst nightmare.

You Americans are facing an NYC VS NYC election no matter what. Be prepared for the Yankee slang to dominate the debate stage.

Sanders VS Trump or Bloomberg(born in Boston, but lived in NY most of his life) VS Trump. All got the same exact accent. Lol.

Ironically both of these Jewish candidates are probably less Zionist than Trump is. Even Bloomberg.

Oh and speaking of Bernie....

Still trying to stop him from winning the nomination..... What a bitch. Go away woman, stop attacking members of your own party while simultaneously decrying the fact someone dared run against you. You are not the choosen one, deal with it.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]