Election 2020 - Page 59 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Rich
Well my preferences at the moment are Yang first, Bernie second and Warren last. What do people think about Klobuchar, I think I might prefer her over Trump. She seems to have been fairly good on Yemen, but not as good as Bernie.
By Hindsite
Rich wrote:Well my preferences at the moment are Yang first, Bernie second and Warren last. What do people think about Klobuchar, I think I might prefer her over Trump. She seems to have been fairly good on Yemen, but not as good as Bernie.

Bernie is crazy.
By Big Steve-1
Donna wrote:Bernie is the only internally coherent candidate.

I hear the role of Emmet "Doc" Brown from "Back To The Future" was written with Bernie Sanders in mind.
By Donna
Harley wrote:I hear the role of Emmet "Doc" Brown from "Back To The Future" was written with Bernie Sanders in mind.

What the fuck?
By jimjam
Robert E. Lee surrendered to Ulysses S. Grant at Appommatix Court House on April 9, 1865.

The American Civil War never really ended, though. We have just had a 155 year truce.

The party of Jefferson Davis is now the party of Mitch McConnell and an authoritarian demagogue unable to locate Ukraine on a map.
By Rancid
Donna wrote:Bernie is the only internally coherent candidate.

Lies!

Yang 2020!
By colliric
jimjam wrote:The American Civil War never really ended, though. We have just had a 155 year truce.

It did end, the fighting was ended and the Southern United States became the Yankee's bitch.

It's the American Political System's insanity that has never ended.

I mean the Democratic Party was founded by a murderer, supported Slavery, founded the KKK then "had an epiphany" and subsequently elected a Black man as President.

The Republicans have voted in, A Former Professional Wrestler(and Lawyer), A Hollywood Actor(several times, Reagan as President, the Terminator as Governor and Charlton Heston as NRA President) and a Wall Street Tycoon.

The Electoral College + 8 Year Term Limitations system is the best system you Yanks could possibly have. Ensure a change of government every 8 years! Good! It's even more insane to change it. Keep it intact.
By jimjam
In a fair fight impeached president Trump would be toast. In a world of rational, honest debate he would be toast. But gerrymander, voter suppression, the constant pounding of Fox disinformation (acting like Pravda), the cynical manipulation of social media and the internet, and the likely repeat of Russian help to elevate their friend and merchant of distraction ... it is daunting and the possibility of failing is frightening.
Democrats are not wired for an unfair fight, yet.
By redcarpet
jimjam wrote:In a fair fight impeached president Trump would be toast. In a world of rational, honest debate he would be toast. But gerrymander, voter suppression, the constant pounding of Fox disinformation (acting like Pravda), the cynical manipulation of social media and the internet, and the likely repeat of Russian help to elevate their friend and merchant of distraction ... it is daunting and the possibility of failing is frightening.
Democrats are not wired for an unfair fight, yet.

The latest of his Tweet-a-trash is geography (AGAIN);

He barely, if at all, knows where he is, or can't concentrate (remember that 4 hour practise of testifying to Muller in which he could only answer 2 QUESTIONS, in 4 hours? YEAH!) to whatever you pick.

Even if he's not buzzing he's getting too old and incoherent to focus. He doesn't read, wants 1-page with big pictures and then goes golfing or watching FX & Friends. Pathetic
By Big Steve-1
redcarpet wrote:The latest of his Tweet-a-trash is geography (AGAIN);

He barely, if at all, knows where he is, or can't concentrate (remember that 4 hour practise of testifying to Muller in which he could only answer 2 QUESTIONS, in 4 hours? YEAH!) to whatever you pick.

Even if he's not buzzing he's getting too old and incoherent to focus. He doesn't read, wants 1-page with big pictures and then goes golfing or watching FX & Friends. Pathetic

Kinda' like when Obama said he'd visited 57 States or when Biden, standing in New Hampshire, said "I love it here. What's not to like about Vermont?"

Gaffes happen. Assigning any weight to them is sort of silly.
By redcarpet
Harley wrote:Kinda' like when Obama said he'd visited 57 States or when Biden, standing in New Hampshire, said "I love it here. What's not to like about Vermont?"

Gaffes happen. Assigning any weight to them is sort of silly.

He gaffes more often than most politicians. Say once -3 times a week. True, not in every speech or tweet, but often enough to disqualify him for a voter with a brain. Indeed I thought of that example with Obama, remember the OUTRAGE?

Where is the outrage by Republican-base voters? Are they flooding Twitter or his emails with hate mail? No.
By Big Steve-1
redcarpet wrote:He gaffes more often than most politicians. Say once -3 times a week. True, not in every speech or tweet, but often enough to disqualify him for a voter with a brain. Indeed I thought of that example with Obama, remember the OUTRAGE?

Where is the outrage by Republican-base voters? Are they flooding Twitter or his emails with hate mail? No.

I don't remember any outrage directed at Obama. We laughed at him and mocked him, just as you guys are doing to Trump.

It's all good.
By Godstud
Obama didn't lie or make a false statement whenever he opened his mouth. You cannot compare Trump to Obama, in any way. Trump's a demagogue who appeals to the lowest common denominator
By jimjam
What will defeat Trump is the same thing that eventually gets everyone. Old age and bad health. He breathes hard like he has congestive heart failure. He slurs his words. He's incoherent. He repeats himself. He's constantly angry. None of these things are signs of good health. He seems to have skipped his annual January physical. Trump's failing health should be considered when his supporters chant "Four more years."

I would love to know what drugs they have Fatso pumped up on......

“That was not a State of the Union,” Ms. Pelosi said Thursday. “That was his state of mind.” She also said the president “looked to me like he was a little sedated” at the State of the Union, adding, “he looked that way last year too.”
By maz

We've reached a point in some kind of bizarre singularity when Nancy Pelosi is echoing Alex Jones :lol:

Alex Jones claims the US government is drugging Donald Trump through his diet cokes

Far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has said that Donald Trump is being "covertly drugged" with small amounts of sedative in his drinks.

In a video posted to his website Infowars.com, the radio presenter said the US president had been fed tranquilisers for around two months and they were making his speech slur.

Mr Jones cited sources close to the President, but he did not provide any evidence for the claim.

“It's known that most presidents end up getting drugged," he said. "Small dosages of sedatives till they build it up. Trump's such a bull he hasn't fully understood it yet.”

“But I've talked to people, multiple ones, and they believe that they are putting a slow sedative that they're building up that's also addictive in his Diet Cokes and in his iced tea and that the president by six or seven at night is basically slurring his words and is drugged."
By jimjam
The world's leading scientists warn that unless something is done to curb greehouse gas accumulation the earth is on its way to becoming unihabitable for humans. Ignoring that warning, now that is DECADENCE. The US leads the way in that ignorance, officially at the Federal level. It does so because our dominant poltical party demands it.From the look of things, that lack of intelligent behavior will be endorsed once more by our ridiculous electoral college and non-democratic Senate again in 2020. Please convince me that I am wrong.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:Obama didn't lie or make a false statement whenever he opened his mouth. You cannot compare Trump to Obama, in any way. Trump's a demagogue who appeals to the lowest common denominator

Obama certainly made his share of false statements. I like Trump's false statements much better.
TRUMP 2020.
HalleluYah
By blackjack21
Godstud wrote:Trump's a demagogue who appeals to the lowest common denominator

I'm not sure how good you are at math, but the lower the denominator the higher the quotient. It's an excellent way to arrive at a political majority.

maz wrote:We've reached a point in some kind of bizarre singularity when Nancy Pelosi is echoing Alex Jones :lol:

:lol: She tried to get videos of herself taken down too.

jimjam wrote:The world's leading scientists warn that unless something is done to curb greehouse gas accumulation the earth is on its way to becoming unihabitable for humans. Ignoring that warning, now that is DECADENCE.

Snooze... Appeals to fear aren't working anymore. It's almost cliche nowadays. FoxNews Alert! Crisis!
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@late If you enter a country, without permiss[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]

@FiveofSwords " black " Genetically[…]

That is interesting why do you think that is? It[…]