Justice "has effectively gone rogue" - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Finfinder wrote:So you believe you are always guilty and have to prove your innocence to your political rivals. Hasn't his oppositions behavior been even stranger? He was spied upon and then set up by his political opponents multiple times the same people who impeached him solely for political purposes and the the same people who sued him (and lost by the way) in the courts for his taxes. Why should he trust their intentions. To take from Hilary Clinton "what difference does it make?" There is nothing to gain. Will you vote for Trump if he produces his taxes and it reveals nothing?

I believe in a person's actions. People freak out or get furious when they feel threatened, animals are the same way. Trump is running scared. It seems like a lot of his photos lately show a man with orange hair, a scared, nervous looking man. His face looks paler than ever as if he is having serious insomnia. And his anger is not the best way to settle arguments. The brightest men in this world acted calm and collected, men like Steve Jobs, Winston Churchill. They did not have to defend themselves and people respect them.

If he produces his taxes, I will applaud. I would not vote for him because of all the vileness that he represents. I cannot forget his racism and his fighting with foreign leaders.

@late Good points.
MistyTiger wrote:I believe in a person's actions. People freak out or get furious when they feel threatened, animals are the same way. Trump is running scared. It seems like a lot of his photos lately show a man with orange hair, a scared, nervous looking man. His face looks paler than ever as if he is having serious insomnia. And his anger is not the best way to settle arguments. The brightest men in this world acted calm and collected, men like Steve Jobs, Winston Churchill. They did not have to defend themselves and people respect them.

If he produces his taxes, I will applaud. I would not vote for him because of all the vileness that he represents. I cannot forget his racism and his fighting with foreign leaders.

Everybody has their reasons to support a politician or not. I approve of the almost 200 federal judges Trump has appointed. I don't really get into appearance or personality I look at results. Trump is what he always has been, a combative and at times obnoxious New Yorker. I don't see evidence of racism carrying out in policy, in fact his support from the black and brown voter is increasing. Regardless of what his taxes say Trump has empowered the right to say f you to the lefts scare tactics. The left has proven they have no interest in being bipartisan. So in my opinion you have 2 choices to vote for president and you take the good with the bad. In the case of this topic Trump has enough political courage to say wait a minute why does this justice system have a different set of rules for Democrats and Republicans.
Finfinder wrote:
At the point when providing your income taxes is law in becoming the president of the United States, you might have an argument.

Congress passed a law requiring the IRS to hand over any return at any time.

You're writing fiction again.
Finfinder wrote:
At the point when providing your income taxes is law in becoming the president of the United States, you might have an argument.

Congress passed a law requiring the IRS to hand over any return at any time.

So are you ignorant, or doing propaganda for the blatant coverup of Trump's criminality?
late wrote:Congress passed a law requiring the IRS to hand over any return at any time.

So are you ignorant, or doing propaganda for the blatant coverup of Trump's criminality?

That has nothing to do with my comment that there is no law requiring presidential candidates provide tax return. Nice try.

What you stated is subject to code 2103 (you might want to educate yourself on that before you call people ignorant) and is why we have courts to rule on the unconstitutionality of partisan legislature.
The American justice system and no justice system anywhere for that matter is perfect. However, that being said, Trump is seeking to destroy any sort of independence the American justice system might have had just so that he can use that justice system simply to go after people he dislikes or he perceives could be a threat to his goal of being permanent dictator of the United States. Two of the things dictators do is go after a legitimately free press that reports facts and truth and go after an independent judiciary and seek to destroy the independence of that judiciary and make it completely subservient to him. This what Trump is doing with the US Justice Department today.

That way he can use the judiciary to lock up dissidents, anybody who disagrees or criticizes him or his government and political opponents. In order for a dictator to keep power, he also has to control the thoughts of the populace and keep them brainwashed, so going after a free press that reports fact and logical conclusions from the facts is another target while replacing that media with a sort of propaganda media that does not constitute a free press so he can use to control the thoughts of people and keep them brainwashed and subservient to him and his regime. This is the purpose of Fox News.

In George Orwell's book 1984, the media was called "The Ministry of Truth" and the job of the "The Ministry of Truth" was not to report facts and logical conclusions, but instead was to spread propaganda and lies. Fox News is analogous to "The Ministry of Truth" in George Orwell's novel, 1984. It's job is to keep people people brainwashed, control their thoughts and replace a legitimate free press that reports truth, fact and logical conclusions from fact. This serves the purposes of ensuring that Trump and his rich white backers can keep their dictatorship while ignoring the will of the people as a whole.
Finfinder wrote:
That has nothing to do with my comment that there is no law requiring presidential candidates provide tax return. Nice try.

What you stated is subject to code 2103 (you might want to educate yourself on that before you call people ignorant) and is why we have courts to rule on the unconstitutionality of partisan legislature.

Trump is president, and obstructing justice by hiding his tax returns.

His candidacy is simply not relevant to either the federal or state requests for his returns.

Lastly, the law is abundantly clear on the issue. There are no legal grounds here to hide his tax returns. If you don't know Trump is trying to run out the clock, you have no business discussing this.
Politics_Observer wrote:
The American justice system and no justice system anywhere for that matter is perfect. However, that being said, Trump is seeking to destroy any sort of independence the American justice system might have had just so that he can use that justice system simply to go after people he dislikes or he perceives could be a threat to his goal of being permanent dictator of the United States. Two of the things dictators do is go after a legitimately free press that reports facts and truth and go after an independent judiciary and seek to destroy the independence of that judiciary and make it completely subservient to him. This what Trump is doing with the US Justice Department today.

That way he can use the judiciary to lock up dissidents, anybody who disagrees or criticizes him or his government and political opponents. In order for a dictator to keep power, he also has to control the thoughts of the populace and keep them brainwashed, so going after a free press that reports fact and logical conclusions from the facts is another target while replacing that media with a sort of propaganda media that does not constitute a free press so he can use to control the thoughts of people and keep them brainwashed and subservient to him and his regime. This is the purpose of Fox News.

In George Orwell's book 1984, the media was called "The Ministry of Truth" and the job of the "The Ministry of Truth" was not to report facts and logical conclusions, but instead was to spread propaganda and lies. Fox News is analogous to "The Ministry of Truth" in George Orwell's novel, 1984. It's job is to keep people people brainwashed, control their thoughts and replace a legitimate free press that reports truth, fact and logical conclusions from fact. This serves the purposes of ensuring that Trump and his rich white backers can keep their dictatorship while ignoring the will of the people as a whole.

Exactly, and way more typing than I am willing to do.

Trump is inches away from being our first dictator.
MistyTiger wrote:I believe in a person's actions. People freak out or get furious when they feel threatened, animals are the same way. Trump is running scared. It seems like a lot of his photos lately show a man with orange hair, a scared, nervous looking man. His face looks paler than ever as if he is having serious insomnia. And his anger is not the best way to settle arguments. The brightest men in this world acted calm and collected, men like Steve Jobs, Winston Churchill. They did not have to defend themselves and people respect them.

President Trump does represent what I believe by his actions. He represents my Christian beliefs better than many previous presidents, especially Obama, and certainly better than any of the current Democrat candidates. To me he is the Trump of God.
Praise the Lord.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]