#MeToo Hysteria Is A Pretext For Women To Take Power And Money Away From Men - Page 89 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Pants-of-dog wrote:No.

The presumption of innocence is used to defned individuals from government overreach. It is not a logical law.

You got confused. We are still looking at whether the presumption of innocence makes sense outside of a courtroom.

Let us imagine something.

Abe and Bea are in a locked room with the Carat diamond. Suddenly, the lights go out, and when the lights come back on, the C diamond is gone!

Obviously, A and B are both suspects. A says B did it, B says A did it.

Both cases go to trial and A gets acquitted because there is a reasonable doubt that B did it.

B gets acquitted because there is a reasonable doubt that A did it.

Now, by your logic, the CD was never actually stolen. But we know it was.

Using real logic, we know that one of them stole it but that we have no evidence to make a clear decision about what happened.

To relate this back to Kavanaugh, we do not have enough evidence to determine his guilt, but we also do not have enough evidence to determine that he did not sexually assault anyone.

Your hypothetical scenario is not relatable.

Whatever. Kavanaugh's on the bench. If you believe he shouldn't be there, then go ahead and believe he shouldn't be there. I'll go ahead and continue to believe he belongs there.
Godstud wrote:Oh, sorry, yes he was only blubbering, and talking about how he loved beer, while on the stand. :roll: So dignified. Just what a Republican wants from a Supreme Court Justice.

I think The Mariner, Indy, Harley and BigSteve are all the same person with different sock puppets accounts. He has resorted now to making things up and talking to himself. If some admin traces the origins of those screenames he might be all from the same address or domain.

His style hasn't changed Godstud, rude, pro-Trump, and vulgar among other things.

What people go through to be able to talk trash and get angry at others on the internet?

LOL!
Tainari88 wrote:He has resorted now to making things up and talking to himself. If some admin traces the origins of those screenames he might be all from the same address or domain.

Although I agree with his opinion on the Judge, I also did note the similarities, but I doubt it's all the same person, he's not the only Trump supporter with these exact opinions and attitude.

If he is smart enough to do that, he is also intelligent enough to mask his IP Address and use a VPN. So possibly useless to check if it's the same address or domain.
Lol @ making multiple accounts just so you can be dunked on for defending the crying rape judge.

Like just imagine being such a fucked up weirdo that not only do you want to white knight the sobbing drunken rape judge, but you have to make multiple accounts to do so even after crying drunken rape jugdge sobbed his way into the apex of his legal career (of which you know nothing, because politics is a team sport for you).
The Mariner,Indy, Harley and BigSteve wrote:And if that accusation can be 100% baseless, that's even better.

Well, if all four of you agree on this, it's not easy for one, single poster like me to argue against what appears to be some kind of consensus.

By the way, are you trying to take posting power and money away from single-account posters?
Taking the Kavanagh mindset to heart in debating: "What if I cried harder, and louder? With multiple accounts?"

I think it really demonstrates the fucked up mindset of the reactionary where a grown man, born from a privileged position in a society that would ensure nobody of his class could ever fail, sobbed his way into the SCOTUS and yet they still feel the need to legitimize this extremely fucked up example of classism. Despite the fact that there is no way, absolutely no way in hell unless it's actually Kavanagh running every account, that they benefit. The big business sociopaths the Heritage Foundation recommend for judgeships absolutely think everyone who makes less than 7 figures a year is a piece of shit. There is no upside for the average GOP voter, just a vague satisfaction that comes from reinforcing this fucked up system designed to uplift losers and punish everyone else.

Literally no examples were given by anyone defending Kavanagh on why he is qualified to be on the SCOTUS other than "Maybe hes not a rapist." One guy mentioned vaguely hearing that he had a good record as a judge. Yeah, I'm sure he wrote some really compelling and insightful opinions on why it's cool to torture people in one of the pointless decade plus long wars we're fighting. Lets absolutely place this drunken, sobbing sociopath on the bench because he's a good dad who drunk drives little girls to their dumb high school practice sessions in a minivan.

AFAIK wrote:Can I be a SCOTUS? I don't have any rape convictions.

I dunno man. How loud can you cry?
Big Steve-2 wrote:Your hypothetical scenario is not relatable.

Whatever. Kavanaugh's on the bench. If you believe he shouldn't be there, then go ahead and believe he shouldn't be there. I'll go ahead and continue to believe he belongs there.

It was not meant to be relatable.

It was meant to show how the legal presumption of innocence is not applicable outside a courtroom.
People who wish to make this about whether or not Kavanaugh did the deed miss the point entirely.

No president should ever even attempt to nominate someone under such a taint as this. Respect for the the institution of the SCOTUS is far more important than the feelings of one candidate. Kavanaugh should have withdrawn anyway for the good of the court. Now we have a significant portion of the population who see now and will always see his decisions in the light of these allegations and the overtly partisan way in which his appointment was handled.

But so-called conservatives these days are not smart enough or patriotic enough to actually see this. He is the candidate for dumb shits appointed to rule on law that appeals to dumb shits. I am getting so tired of ignorant people.
Drlee wrote:No president should ever even attempt to nominate someone under such a taint as this. Respect for the the institution of the SCOTUS is far more important than the feelings of one candidate. Kavanaugh should have withdrawn anyway for the good of the court. Now we have a significant portion of the population who see now and will always see his decisions in the light of these allegations and the overtly partisan way in which his appointment was handled.

What about Justice Clarence Thomas?
Gee, a hot but crazy woman? That never happens! :roll:

I doubt he'll cry much about being fired by Disney. The last few scripts for the movies, have sucked ass. He'll suffer so much. Poor guy will have to get by on $200 million. :*( Until his next movie can sustain him, I mean...

What exactly is wrong? We know how many rockets w[…]

Leslie woman gets to the point. Lol. https:[…]

I'm surprised to see the genocide supporters (lik[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]