Why We Have The Death Penalty - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Pants-of-dog wrote:No. I already read the thread and did not see the name mentioned.

If you want people to know whom you are discussing, you should provide the info.

If clicking a link and reading the article which appears as a result of clicking that link is beyond you [...
personal attack deleted. Don't be insulting. Prosthetic Conscience]

I don't care if you read it or not, but that's where the information is.
Indy wrote:If clicking a link and reading the article which appears as a result of clicking that link is beyond you ...

I don't care if you read it or not, but that's where the information is.

Oh, in the NY times article that you have to pay or have a subscription for. I do not.

When I click on the link, I just get an offer to join.

So, no, it is not there to be read by anyone who clicks on the link.

Though I understand why you think anyone can. The NY Times gives people the first few articles for free each month. That usually lasts me about two days. For you, it could easily have lasted 17 days.
That woman was a figher it says she bit her attackers. They found them by DNA. Lets not cheaper her death by executing a child just because he stab somebody, in this case her.
late wrote:If killing is wrong, don't do it.

If that's too complicated for you, I can explain.

Things are actually more complicated than that.

I understand that in United States the society is advanced enough that very few people are capable to do something or protected by the System so much that their killing is necessary. However, things can be very different in other countries like, say, China.

I do not think ordinary people, no matter how serious their crimes are, require to be killed, because it is very easy to stop them, compared with those in power. In contrast, for those in power and not easily be removed because of constraints of the System or other matters, killing them might be a quicker and more efficient way to open the path for the necessary change.

In other words, killing is not necessarily wrong. Death penalty, on the other hand, is, because penalties should be reversible even after the process has started -- death penalty lacks such resilience.

In that sense, I do not mind using taxpayer money to maintain these locked up people, or even paying more as long as I can afford it.
Patrickov wrote:
Things are actually more complicated than that.

Not really, but since you agreed with me, we won't point out that your point didn't pertain to the administration of justice.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:
Killing is not always wrong
some people deserve death
it should be done in most humane and cheap way
a bullet to the head

Stalin!!!

Where you been hiding, baby??

How's the ethnic cleansing going?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Oh, in the NY times article that you have to pay or have a subscription for. I do not.

When I click on the link, I just get an offer to join.

So, no, it is not there to be read by anyone who clicks on the link.

Though I understand why you think anyone can. The NY Times gives people the first few articles for free each month. That usually lasts me about two days. For you, it could easily have lasted 17 days.

Huh. Apologies, I didn't have to subscribe to it. I just clicked one of the links that came up on Google. I don't subscribe to it, though.

Here's another link: https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-tessa-major-killers-father-20200217-pkwwzfe26rb3nhxjkiceoezicy-story.html

Or you can Google Rashaun Weaver. He's the scumbag animal who killed a young woman for a phone.
Indy wrote:Huh. Apologies, I didn't have to subscribe to it. I just clicked one of the links that came up on Google. I don't subscribe to it, though.

Here's another link: https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-tessa-major-killers-father-20200217-pkwwzfe26rb3nhxjkiceoezicy-story.html

Or you can Google Rashaun Weaver. He's the scumbag animal who killed a young woman for a phone.

Thanks for the link.

I doubt a white kid would face the death penalty for this.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Thanks for the link.

I doubt a white kid would face the death penalty for this.

No, a white kid wouldn't.

This black kid isn't, either.

But if a white sub-human piece of shit did what this black sub-human piece of shit did, I would be saying the white sub-human piece of shit should get the death penalty, as well.
Indy wrote:No, a white kid wouldn't.

This black kid isn't, either.

But if a white sub-human piece of shit did what this black sub-human piece of shit did, I would be saying the white sub-human piece of shit should get the death penalty, as well.

I doubt you would call for a white kid to be killed over this, but that is off topic.
And I do not care about your imaginary feelings about an imaginary white murderer.

It is a good thing that NY has no death penalty. If it had, they might have actually killed those five innocent boys that Trump wanted to kill.
Indy wrote:
sub-human

Made the same mistake myself, when I was younger. Took me decades to back away from it.

"Humanity keeps learning the wrong lessons from it's mistakes." The Expanse

Human is a simple matter of biology. Hitler was human (that was my mistake). But the tricky part (and I admit I was old before I could let go) is not to become what we are punishing people for.
Pants-of-dog wrote:And I do not care about your imaginary feelings about an imaginary white murderer.

It is a good thing that NY has no death penalty. If it had, they might have actually killed those five innocent boys that Trump wanted to kill.

Trump's wishes were, and are, of no consequence with regards to New York State and its laws.
late wrote:But the tricky part (and I admit I was old before I could let go) is not to become what we are punishing people for.

Well, I don't think there's much of a chance of me stabbing a young woman to death for her phone, so I'm in good shape there.
Indy wrote:Trump's wishes were, and are, of no consequence with regards to New York State and its laws.

Yes, just like the wishes of an anonymous forum poster.

Anyway, it is a good thing that some states and most countries do not have the death penalty. Humans cannot be trusted with it.

A rich white man would never get the death penalty, while it would be commonly used against poor black males.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, just like the wishes of an anonymous forum poster.

Anyway, it is a good thing that some states and most countries do not have the death penalty. Humans cannot be trusted with it.

A rich white man would never get the death penalty, while it would be commonly used against poor black males.

I don't necessarily agree with you, but I do with the death penalty could apply to this "poor black male".
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Find Someone Who Loves You Like Israel Loves Att[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over mains[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainl[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0pAf3aBt18 How […]