US Diplomat's Wife Hit and Run in UK - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15066511
The Mariner wrote:Yes, she did and she did, too. Diplomatic immunity extends to the families of diplomats.

Also, ask yourself this: If she didn't have diplomatic immunity, why were there requests for a waiver of that diplomatic immunity?


There has been all sorts of crap reported in the media. There was no need to ask for a waiver, because she didn't have it.



And all you've "explained" is that this is all nonsense. She had diplomatic immunity.


I've told you the foreign office has confirmed neither she nor her husband had diplomatic immunity.

If you have evidence that she did, then let's see it.



Dr Lee has been watching too many old John Wayne films he thinks are based on fact.

He also seems to think that people who commit a crime shouldn't need to face justice.
#15066516
snapdragon wrote:He also seems to think that people who commit a crime shouldn't need to face justice.


It was an accident, not a crime.
And she was neither drunk nor under the influence of drugs.
This matter seems to have become @snapdragon 's pet project.
#15066517
Ter wrote:It was an accident, not a crime.
And she was neither drunk nor under the influence of drugs.
This matter seems to have become @snapdragon 's pet project.


Hit and run is not just an accident. Plus if i remember correctly, a person died so getting away with just a slap on a wrist sends a bad message.

On the other hand she has diplomatic immunity. So without it getting recinded, there is nothing that can be done.
#15066524
snapdragon wrote:What nonsense. Why should she not receive a fair trial?

Oh please, its not my fault if most people are so ignorant, they can't devote five minutes of their lives to the study of jurisprudence. Britain has adversarial justice systems. The right to silence is an essential, non-negotiable part of an adversarial justice system. I really can't be bothered to educate people on this point.

And if you're going to quote me, could you make sure my handle is in the quote.
#15066529
JohnRawls wrote:Hit and run is not just an accident.

It was not a hit and run.
The way you make it sound is like she sped away after being in the accident.
She didn't.
She stayed behind, tried to help the boy, talked to the police.
She left the country later, probably on advice of her husband/lawyer/employer.
#15066533
Ter wrote:It was not a hit and run.
The way you make it sound is like she sped away after being in the accident.
She didn't.
She stayed behind, tried to help the boy, talked to the police.
She left the country later, probably on advice of her husband/lawyer/employer.


Then what is it? If somebody consults with the lawyer and then leaves the country where they have definitely wronged the law then how do we qualify this considering that she has immunity?

Suspect on the run? (I mean, she doesn't deny it so she isn't a suspect)
Criminal on the run?(I guess she can't be a criminal because she has immunity)
Person of interest on the run? ( Pretty PC term )

Also i am quite curious, why are you defending her? (I didn't read the topic before this) I mean that she definately broke the law but it is not possible to charge her with anything due to her status unless it gets removed and she gets extradited/moved to the UK. I always thought that you are more of a law and order kind of poster here.
#15066537
JohnRawls wrote:Then what is it? If somebody consults with the lawyer and then leaves the country where they have definitely wronged the law then how do we qualify this considering that she has immunity?

Suspect on the run? (I mean, she doesn't deny it so she isn't a suspect)
Criminal on the run?(I guess she can't be a criminal because she has immunity)
Person of interest on the run? ( Pretty PC term )

Also i am quite curious, why are you defending her? (I didn't read the topic before this) I mean that she definately broke the law but it is not possible to charge her with anything due to her status unless it gets removed and she gets extradited/moved to the UK. I always thought that you are more of a law and order kind of poster here.


I guess you could call her a fugitive of justice.
I am really not defending her. There was an accident, somebody died, it is very sad, she cannot be brought to justice because she has diplomatic immunity, and that is that.
It has been explained already a hundred times in this thread that diplomats cannot be brought to justice in a country that has granted that person diplomatic status unless that status is rescinded by the country of the diplomat.

Since her only fault was driving on the wrong side of the road because she had just arrived from a country where that side of the road is the correct one, it is not as if she has done something criminal like driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or texting whilst driving.
Please let this thread die, there is nothing to see here.
#15066564
snapdragon wrote:There has been all sorts of crap reported in the media. There was no need to ask for a waiver, because she didn't have it.


Yes, she did.

I've told you the foreign office has confirmed neither she nor her husband had diplomatic immunity.


Well, I've got to be honest with you, Sport, I don't care what you "told" me. You're wrong.

Where did the foreign office say she didn't have it?

I know where you're going with this, and you're only going to end up being more wrong.

If you have evidence that she did, then let's see it.


If there was no immunity, why were waivers requested?

I don't have documentation showing that she had it, but what I have is common sense. There would be no reason to request a waiver if she didn't have it. The fact that a waiver was requested is what tells us she had it.

Is that really so difficult for you to follow?

Now, you want justice? What do you think should be done to the 999 operator who initially assigned the wrong classification to the call, resulting in a 43 minute wait for an ambulance to arrive? That resulted in Hunt not arriving at the hospital for two hours after he was hit. That 999 operator is supposed to be a professional. What should be done to that person for such a huge screw up? After all, it could certainly be argued that his/her mistake contributed to Hunt's death, and that Hunt may have survived had the call been handled properly.
#15066608
JohnRawls wrote:On the other hand she has diplomatic immunity.

Does diplomatic immunity count if you kill someone with a chainsaw, or only with an automobile?

I'm asking because even people without diplomatic immunity get away with killing people with their cars. Often they're "treated for shock" - given happy pills to get them right back in the saddle.
#15066619
QatzelOk wrote:Does diplomatic immunity count if you kill someone with a chainsaw, or only with an automobile?

I'm asking because even people without diplomatic immunity get away with killing people with their cars. Often they're "treated for shock" - given happy pills to get them right back in the saddle.


There are different levels of immunity.

Someone with full diplomatic immunity, say an Ambassador can, in theory, commit murder and claim diplomatic immunity.
#15066620
QatzelOk wrote:Does diplomatic immunity count if you kill someone with a chainsaw, or only with an automobile?

I'm asking because even people without diplomatic immunity get away with killing people with their cars. Often they're "treated for shock" - given happy pills to get them right back in the saddle.


To be honest, she might as well have nuked the UK but unless her immunity is removed, she can't be charged with anything. This doesn't mean that diplomatic immunity shouldn't exist because otherwise the diplomats will be abused which might lead to even worse things happening.
(I know that this was a shot at cars Qatz)
#15067012
JohnRawls wrote:(I know that this was a shot at cars Qatz)

It was a shot at the immunity of their drivers.

Letting drivers kill other people is a way of selling more cars and gasoline.

Our current"economy" is immunity-based, just like all murderous tyrannies are.
#15068188
While demanding Assange, US refuses to extradite CIA agent who killed British teen
High-ranking CIA agent Anne Sacoolas is charged with killing a teenage British citizen. While the US demands Julian Assange’s extradition, it refuses to give up its spy. And Boris Johnson seems to be rolling over.

An American has been charged with striking and killing a British teen while she was driving on the opposite side of the road in the United Kingdom, near a US Air Force listening post.

The culprit also happens to be a high-ranking CIA agent.

But while the United States refuses to extradite her to the UK, the British government is going full speed ahead with the extradition of Wikileaks editor Julian Assange to the land of the free.

US citizen Anne Sacoolas was leaving the military base with her teenage son in the passenger seat when she collided head-on with 19-year-old British citizen Harry Dunn, sending him hurtling over her SUV.

Sacoolas was subsequently exposed as having been a CIA officer, along with her husband. Yet the British government listed her spouse, Jonathan Sacoolas, as a diplomat and falsely informed Dunn’s family that she worked for the State Department. They thus concealed from the bereaved family the real reason Washington was so adamantly opposed to having Anne Sacoolas brought before a British court.

The family of Harry Dunn has been hunting for answers since the grisly death of their son in August. How was it that the reckless driver – the wife of Jonathan Sacoolas, who was stationed at the RAF Croughton base – could claim diplomatic immunity?



As it turns out, a “special arrangement” between the US and the UK allowed for those stationed at the spy base to claim diplomatic immunity for themselves and their dependents. While it has been claimed that Anne is no longer working as a CIA agent, her husband Jonathan is reportedly a “senior spy.” The base that served as their home in the UK processed a third of US military communications in Europe.

RAF Croughton base is known to house agents from the NSA and CIA. It is not the first time that the post has sparked an international incident; the base was exposed by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden for forwarding information from German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s phone to the CIA.

As former British diplomat Craig Murray first revealed, the names of the Sacoolases did not appear on the UK’s official Diplomatic list. Thus, neither had a right to claim diplomatic immunity.

While President Trump has called Jonathan a “diplomat,” and Anne was working for the State Department when the two married, CIA agents working abroad typically do so under diplomatic cover.

Trump attempts to bribe the victim’s family
Anne Sacoolas reportedly claimed diplomatic immunity in an interview with police the day after the crash. The Northamptonshire Police filed for a waiver to her immunity, but it was rejected by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

The family of Harry Dunn was not privy to this fact until after Anne had fled the UK on a US Air Force aircraft. Local police had also not been informed of Anne’s departure.

Radd Seiger, a spokesman for the victim’s family, stated at a press conference a few months after the crash, “The family have lost all faith and confidence in both the police and the Foreign Office. There is a clear breach of the victim code here – first and foremost they did not tell the family for a number of weeks that she had gone.”



In October, the Dunn family visited the White House and met with Donald Trump. According to Seiger, Trump tried to buy off the couple, promising them that Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin was “standing by ready to write a check.”

Trump reportedly blindsided the Dunns, telling them that Sacoolas was in the other room waiting to meet with them. The couple refused the offer.



In December, Sacoolas was officially charged in the UK with causing death by dangerous driving. Then, this January, the Home Office filed a formal request for her extradition. But later that month, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo rejected the demand. In an appearance on British broadcaster LBC, Pompeo dodged questions about the extradition.

The lawyers of Sacoolas have stated, “Anne will not return voluntarily to the United Kingdom to face a potential jail sentence for what was a terrible but unintentional accident.”

While the Home Office said the rejection of the extradition request “appears to be a denial of justice,” Sieger quickly called on Prime Minister Boris Johnson to take action, calling him “the leader of the gang.”



“Boris Johnson wanted to be Prime Minister, he is now being tested severely. I expect him today to rise to that challenge and come and meet with me and the family and tell us what he’s going to do about it,” the Dunns’ spokesperson said after the extradition request was denied.

The family has still yet to meet with Johnson despite repeated pleas. Sieger has accused the government of “making lots of public noise” but “deliver[ing] nothing of substance.”

While the extradition of Sacoolas is at an indefinite impasse, the British government will begin extradition hearings for Wikileaks editor Julian Assange on February 24. Assange’s lawyers will argue that the request is politically motivated.

Through a tragic collision, the Dunn family is learning the same lesson that Assange’s imprisonment illustrates. Their government is colluding with the United States to ensure that war criminals are pardoned, war crime whistleblowers are imprisoned, and the CIA remains above the law.
https://thegrayzone.com/2020/02/18/assa ... tish-teen/
#15068194
Political Interest wrote:For all their fears of foreign infiltration by continental powers it is clear that the British government have sold out and accepted colonisation by Americans instead.

Lets face it, the Brits after 1945 are just wannabe Americans.


@Political Interest ;

And thus my friend, the truth about Brexit is revealed, alas.

Symbolized by a Monarchy that has in some of it's members degenerated to the level of and married to, American celebrities.
#15068214
Skinster. One of these days you will quote a credible source. The story you listed is full of absurdities. It is nothing more than a hit piece.

It is time to just let this go. It has nothing to do with Assange.
  • 1
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
Virus Hysteria For Morons

That’s great. Are police doing general and rando[…]

I wasn’t making an argument for or against their c[…]

@Rich I don't trust the Turks nor do I like th[…]

https://i.redd.it/nwu60uy54vp41.[…]