Greta’s very corporate children’s crusade - Page 33 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Pants-of-dog wrote:Do you want examples of people who also work in the capitalist system?

Because that is literally almost all of us.

Do you want examples of environmental activists who have to work in the capitalist system?

Again, almost all of them.

Examples similar to what is described in the OP will do. Thanks.
@Kaiserschmarrn

If you are looking for examples of environmental groups that use marketing firms, social media, et cetera, then Greenpeace, the World Wildlife Fund, the Sierra Club, and almost any other environmental group that you have heard of.
Pants-of-dog wrote:@KaiserschmarrnIf you are looking for examples of environmental groups that use marketing firms, social media, et cetera, then Greenpeace, the World Wildlife Fund, the Sierra Club, and almost any other environmental group that you have heard of.

Sounds like you either haven't read the OP or you aren't able to come up with any examples. From our exchanges in this thread, it's probably both.
The argument is:

The left is perpetuating a vast Sorosian Jew conspiracy to encourage non-polluting sources of renewable energy. I hate the left, and obviously someone will profit of off any grand societal change to our basic infrastructure in a capitalist system, so therefore the left is bad and hypocritical. Also, I am a normal person who harbors feelings of genuine rage toward a little girl.
SpecialOlympian wrote: Also, I am a normal person who harbors feelings of genuine rage toward a little girl.

Also I'm a normal person who harbors feelings of genuine rage toward an older dude who is currently in hospital suffering serious health issues and nearly died.
Lol oh no Mr. Misogyny is dying because he rejected the Canadian healthcare system's unfair refusal to let him go cold turkey on benzos.

Don't worry colliric, another grifter willing to tell people that women are chaos dragons will replace him soon.
AFAIK wrote:Greta Thunberg receives positive attention in news media.
News media is owned by billionaires.
Therefore Greta is a corporate stooge.

It's an airtight syllogism, guys!

Personally, I prefer the quiet billionaires who run the fossil fuels industry. They are just so much more dignified. No reason to switch horses midstream. Plus, think of how owned the liberals will be if global warming is real and they have to die and/or reduce their living standards with me (I am secretly hoping for ecofascism where we ruin the world and have no choice but to kill billions to preserve our way of life as people fleeing climate catastrophe are gunned down from machine gun turrets at the border).

Ultimately, what the libs propose through Sorosian mouthpieces like Greta is unacceptable to me. Even assuming that climate change isn't real, we will only make the world a better place without anyone suffering for it by fostering a green energy industry. That is antithetical to my beliefs.

Also I cut off some pigtails from a doll and put them on my car so they look like they're sticking out of my car trunk. That way, other like minded people who are concerned with the (((billionaires))) behind the clean energy industry know they are not alone in their desire to murder a child.
AFAIK wrote:Greta Thunberg receives positive attention in news media.
News media is owned by billionaires.
Therefore Greta is a corporate stooge.

It's an airtight syllogism, guys!

It has become a crazy world when Greta Thunberg was named Time magazine’s Person of the Year for 2019.
I am going to hit back on this topic and why she does not sound like any of the examples of any of the Swedish teens who speak English. Greta sounds explicitly British; almost comically so. As if her parents raised her in front of the television watching only period films from the 50's and 60's.

The young woman in the video below explains that her English is accented by the different dialects that she has picked up along the way in her learning of the language.

So, where does Greta's accent come from and where can I find an accent from girls her age that resembles here anywhere online?

More importantly, where can we find Greta speaking exclusively in her native language?

She is Swedish, no need to attack her on her Swedish-ness.

She just delibrately puts on a posh "scientific" accent when speaking in English to the UN and whatnot, because she subconsciously thinks it sounds more "urgent" and "important". I don't think it's delibrate.

Her normal speaking is very Swedish, and she sounds much better normally instead of trying to sound "urgent in english".

Frankly she sounds cute speaking normally, sounds like a normal teenager.

Edit: clarifying my position.
Last edited by colliric on 22 Feb 2020 08:00, edited 2 times in total.
colliric wrote:
She is Swedish, no need to attack her on her Swedish-ness.

Thanks for posting the video of Greta speaking English. I wasn't implying that she is not Swedish. I just never came across a video where she was speaking in her native language.

I think that she is speaking that way on purpose, that is until I can find some evidence of typical Swedish people speaking with a British accent like she does. And there are plenty of examples on the internet of Swedes speaking English who don't sound anything like Greta.

Actually, I went on an autistic search for a Swede who speaks with a British accent and I did find exactly 1 (one) guy who was in Sweden speaking that way. But I want more than one because every other one that I came across sound very much like these people:

colliric wrote:
She just delibrately puts on a posh "scientific" accent when speaking in English to the UN and whatnot, because she subconsciously thinks it sounds more "urgent" and "important". I don't think it's delibrate.

I disagree and think that it is very deliberate. Maybe she just comes from an elitist family who runs in elitist circles who know their target audience - Americans. They have to present someone who speaks in a British accent because Americans subconsciously believe that someone who speaks that way is automatically credible and thus believable.

Sure, the advocates of fascism (or wholism as I p[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Saw an article about this story earlier in the mo[…]

@Godstud " blowjobs" You are like […]

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]