EU-BREXIT - Page 323 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
User avatar
By annatar1914
#15068718
Potemkin wrote:Lol. No I don't @Tainari88. I actually despise them, and have always done so. As you well know. :)


I've always had a hard time trying to understand the mindset of a person who regards those beneath them on the socio-economic scale as if they were a tool or domesticated animal. I remember helping a friend cater a party years ago for some high and mighty types and serving drinks on a tray. Those people were simply abominable, I can only imagine the products of many generations of them, how callous and inhuman some must be.
User avatar
By Tainari88
#15068719
annatar1914 wrote:I've always had a hard time trying to understand the mindset of a person who regards those beneath them on the socio-economic scale as if they were a tool or domesticated animal. I remember helping a friend cater a party years ago for some high and mighty types and serving drinks on a tray. Those people were simply abominable, I can only imagine the products of many generations of them, how callous and inhuman some must be.


You have never seen how abominable the Latin American upper class ruling class are my dear Annatar. They are just about the most snobby pieces of stuck up conceited crap thinkers the world has ever known.

No one sheds a tear when they finally get their comeuppance politically in the nations of America Latina.

I just wish the Yankee government would stop being interference machines for those nasty ones Annatar. They got a bad habit of doing that for sure!
User avatar
By Tainari88
#15068722
Potemkin wrote:Lol. No I don't @Tainari88. I actually despise them, and have always done so. As you well know. :)


Buenas noches Amor.

Don't despise the loving middle class British hordes....the cradle of human civilization. ;)
User avatar
By annatar1914
#15068725
You have never seen how abominable the Latin American upper class ruling class are my dear Annatar.


I'm sort of related by marriage ties to some upper class people from Mexico City, I hear stories, pretty bad, yes.


They are just about the most snobby pieces of stuck up conceited crap thinkers the world has ever known.


Full of Colonialist ''Hispanidad''. I heard once that about 40 extended families in Mexico basically own and run everything there, but that was back in the 1980's when I heard that.

No one sheds a tear when they finally get their comeuppance politically in the nations of America Latina.


I imagine not, like this punk Guaido from Venezuela will find out.

I just wish the Yankee government would stop being interference machines for those nasty ones Annatar. They got a bad habit of doing that for sure!


''The love of money is the root of all evil''
User avatar
By Potemkin
#15068726
Tainari88 wrote:Buenas noches Amor.

Don't despise the loving middle class British hordes....the cradle of human civilization. ;)

Buenas noches Querida. :)
User avatar
By Beren
#15068763
annatar1914 wrote:That's why I think the answer will be USSR 2.0.

Sure, and posterity will be grateful to Potemkin because Brexit inevitably leads to socialism in Britain. Those filthy reactionary capitalist bastards are digging their own graves again, why not help them? :lol:

This reminds me of when German Communists expected the Nazi takeover to turn out to be such a disaster, and in such a short period of time, that they even embraced it and believed it would make the people turn to them in droves. :roll:
User avatar
By Potemkin
#15068776
Beren wrote:Sure, and posterity will be grateful to Potemkin because Brexit inevitably leads to socialism in Britain. Those filthy reactionary capitalist bastards are digging their own graves again, why not help them? :lol:

This reminds me of when German Communists expected the Nazi takeover to turn out to be such a disaster, and in such a short period of time, that they even embraced it and believed it would make the people turn to them in droves. :roll:

And in the end, they were right, at least for half of Germany. :lol: ;)
User avatar
By Beren
#15068782
Potemkin wrote:And in the end, they were right, at least for half of Germany. :lol: ;)

How were they right? The people didn't turn to them in droves, the Red Army simply invaded and occupied them. Is that you count on too? :lol:

Even if socialism in Britain or even world socialism happened once, it still wouldn't mean either you or Weimar Communists were geniuses. ;)
User avatar
By Tainari88
#15068784
Potemkin wrote:And in the end, they were right, at least for half of Germany. :lol: ;)


Aren't you cheeky this morning? ;)
User avatar
By Potemkin
#15068788
Tainari88 wrote:Aren't you cheeky this morning? ;)

:D
By snapdragon
#15068862
Ter wrote:. For the EU to insist on continuing to harvest fish in UK waters is preposterous. What is the rationale for this ?


The government sold their quotas years ago.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/b ... 15516.html

An old article, but still pertinent.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... government

I hope the UK stands firm and refuses to budge.


Of course they won't. Why should they?

Brexit unicorns don't exist.
User avatar
By Ter
#15068903
snapdragon wrote:An old article, but still pertinent.

The 1996 article is indeed old but no longer pertinent because the UK left the EU and the ridiculous situation with the quotas and the foreign-owned British-flagged vessels can and should be stopped. The UK can legislate whatever they want and there will be no European Court to undo its laws.
User avatar
By ingliz
#15068955
Ter wrote:The UK can legislate whatever they want

The UK can legislate as they please but it would be very silly. You seem to be forgetting the EU's 'level playing field' laws - common rules and standards and all that stuff. If you lower your environmental standards and trash workers rights to gain a competitive advantage, you will not be allowed to sell your fish and a lot of other things in your biggest market.


:lol:
User avatar
By Ter
#15068962
ingliz wrote:The UK can legislate as they please but it would be very silly. You seem to be forgetting the EU's 'level playing field' laws - common rules and standards and all that stuff. If you lower your environmental standards and trash workers rights to gain a competitive advantage, you will not be allowed to sell your fish and a lot of other things in your biggest market.


:lol:


We were talking about fishing, not environmental standards or worker's rights.
The UK can legislate that only genuine British-owned fishing vessels can fish in British waters.
And contrary to earlier times, no European court will be able to overrule that.
Those fish speak English and God Save The Queen.

:roll:
User avatar
By ingliz
#15068966
Ter wrote:We were talking about fishing, not environmental standards or worker's rights.

How else will you make your fisheries competitive? You seem to be forgetting that your customers will be paying a 24% WTO tariff.


:lol:
User avatar
By Beren
#15068969
I don't mind if the Brits keep their fish to themselves if they are banned from fishing in European financial markets. :p

Also, @Ter, is it deliberate of you that you never see things in their complexity and put them in context but always deal with issues like they're simple single issues or is it just how you happen to be?
By foxdemon
#15068970
ingliz wrote:How else will you make your fisheries competitive? You seem to be forgetting that your customers will be paying a 24% WTO tariff.


:lol:



This diplomatic issue is already resolved. Instead of poaching British fisheries, EU citizens can eat bugs. Even Swedish environmental scientists agree. So it must be a good idea.

https://www.slu.se/en/ew-news/2019/1/lets-prepare-now-so-farming-insects-as-food-is-environmentally-friendly-say-scientists/



Image
User avatar
By Ter
#15068980
ingliz wrote:How else will you make your fisheries competitive? You seem to be forgetting that your customers will be paying a 24% WTO tariff.


Let's first see if some kind of an agreement will be struck by the end of the year.
The WTO solution is the last and worst but let's not run ahead of ourselves.

Beren wrote:I don't mind if the Brits keep their fish to themselves if they are banned from fishing in European financial markets.

It seems to me that those customers will flock to the London financial centre by themselves.

Beren wrote:Also, @Ter, is it deliberate of you that you never see things in their complexity and put them in context but always deal with issues like they're simple single issues or is it just how you happen to be?

That is a good question.
I see in the news that every single measure that the Boris administration implements is criticised by the remaining remainers.
The passports will be blue instead of burgundy... OOOh Oy vey very bad.
Low-level immigration will be stopped..... OOOh Oy vey very very bad.
Those are all single issues.

I just seized on the fishing rights question because even before the real negotiations began the EU Whales already mentioned that the fishing rights should remain untouched.

I personally consider the fishing rights important because in an age of dwindling natural resources, fish are a significant part of people's nutrition and for the UK, a natural wealth. Iceland went to war with the UK over fishing rights not so long ago. It is not a small matter.
User avatar
By ingliz
#15068989
Ter wrote:The passports will be blue instead of burgundy...

... and the contract to print them was given to a French-Dutch company and they will be made in Poland.


:lol:
User avatar
By Ter
#15068994
ingliz wrote:... and the contract to print them was given to a French-Dutch company and they will be made in Poland.


:lol:

And why is that a problem ?
Those Poles are in Poland, not in the UK...
Very few companies have the required security clearance to print money or passports and I suppose a tender procedure was used to allocate the order. I do not see any problem with that.

:roll:
  • 1
  • 321
  • 322
  • 323
  • 324
  • 325
  • 326
My reflections on 2020 AD

Why didn't you write something explaining "b[…]

Actually...they still can't get over 2016. Le[…]

Is Genocide Normal and Healthy?

I find it very funny that at least two members who[…]

Since 9/11, we have depended on Arabs giving the […]