COVID-19 outbreak all just storm in a teacup? Perhaps, possibly, maybe? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Everybody thought that China dropped the ball in the virus outbreak. But now it turns out that the Japanese are even more incompetent.

After forcing several thousand passengers and crew to stay on the Diamond Princess to breed over 600 infections, they now decided to release 500 passengers to merge with the crowds in Yokohama and Tokyo on the very same day they announced 79 new infections on the very same cruise ship.

This can't be called incompetent anymore, this is criminally insane. It's seppuku for the Health Minister, if you ask me.

An expert booted off the Diamond Princess says Japan’s coronavirus control is “completely chaotic”

Passengers begin leaving after ship's virus quarantine ends

They can forget about this year's Olympics and I wonder what Shibuya crossing will look like after the virus has moved through.

Or fancy a ride on the Yamanote line where the body fluids flow freely?

Atlantis wrote:Everybody thought that China dropped the ball in the virus outbreak. But now it turns out that the Japanese are even more incompetent.

After forcing several thousand passengers and crew to stay on the Diamond Princess to breed over 600 infections, they now decided to release 500 passengers to merge with the crowds in Yokohama and Tokyo on the very same day they announced 79 new infections on the very same cruise ship.

This can't be called incompetent anymore, this is criminally insane. It's seppuku for the Health Minister, if you ask me.

Some of Carrie Lam's policies during the epidemic (e.g. refusing to completely close down the border and calling people not to wear a facemask) also made us believe she's criminally or even genocidally insane. However, this sentiment has been so strong even before the epidemic, that people literally listen to nothing she advocates (in action, may I say -- she actually wore no mask when even Xi Jinping didn't dare). As a result Hong Kong suffered far less apart from the economics.

The problem of Japan might be that that their local governments had been very trustworthy before this.
likevegetable (HWZ) wrote:https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/show ... ?t=6194302

[COLOR="Red"]UPDATED: 2020 Feb 24[/COLOR]......

https://www.moh.gov.sg/2019-ncov-wuhan
Case Summaries
Feb 24 [Monday]
  • Case Summary (2020 Feb 24)
  • Confirmed: 90 (+1)
  • Negative: ()
  • Pending: ()
  • Total Tested: ()
  • Discharged: 53 (+2)
    • New: 46,87
    • Previous: 1-17,19, 21-34, 36,38,39,40, 44,45,48,50,51,55,57,63,64,65,66,70,76,83,84
  • Critical: 5 (+0)
  • Oxygen: 0 (+0)
  • Contact Tracing (Identified): -
    • In Singapore:
      • Contacted and quarantined: 2842 (+30)
        • Currently quarantined: 856 (-52)
        • Quarantine completed: 1986 (+82)
      • Yet to be Found:
  • DORSCON Level: [COLOR="orange"]Orange[/COLOR]

Feb 23 [Sunday]
  • Case Summary (2020 Feb 23)
  • Confirmed: 89 (+0)
  • Negative: 1202 (+45)
  • Pending: 41 (-14)
  • Total Tested: 1332 (+31)
  • Discharged: 51 (+2)
    • New: 9,64
    • Previous: 1-8, 10-17,19, 21-34, 36,38,39,40, 44,45,48,50,51,55,57,63,65,66,70,76,83,84
  • Critical: 5 (+0)
  • Oxygen: 0 (+0)
  • Contact Tracing (Identified): -
    • In Singapore:
      • Contacted and quarantined: 2812 (+78)
        • Currently quarantined: 908 (-193)
        • Quarantine completed: 1904 (+271)
      • Yet to be Found:
  • DORSCON Level: [COLOR="orange"]Orange[/COLOR]

How can they test only approx 30 new people per day when each day should be at least upwards 3000 people reporting for Upper respiratory track infections since a few years ago at just polyclinics? Even if test just 1% of polyclinic cases of flu, would be at least 30 cases already. And they also need to test even more normal people walking down Orchard road or HDB market etc to do a general surveillance of prevalence and spot asymptomatic cases.

More people need to be tested to spot new clusters early and to understand the true prevalence of this virus in community.

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I think future vice-president Kushner has the fact[…]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]

I (still) have a dream

...Kids don't need to drive anywhere to play with[…]

Jared Kushner is inspired by the real estate pote[…]