China a fascist state? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Powerful and Continuing Nationalism -- True

Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights -- True

Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause -- True

Supremacy of the Military -- Technically false, because China declares that voluntary recruitment meets the needs and compulsory military service is not required (Fascist Italy, Nazi Germany and North Korea all force their people to be soldiers). The military does report to the Party instead of the Nation.

Rampant Sexism -- False, at least apparently not worse than the United States. Though of course we don't have likes of Sarah Hanson-Young in Government.

Controlled Mass Media -- True

Obsession with National Security -- True

Religion and Government are Intertwined -- True

Corporate Power is Protected -- State corporate power

Labor Power is Suppressed. -- True

Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts -- True

Obsession with Crime and Punishment -- Neutral. Somehow their opponents might be more obsessed with punishing them, just like how anti-Trump people want to lock Trump's lot up.

Rampant Cronyism and Corruption -- True

Fraudulent Elections -- True. In fact, most people do not even get to elect national level representatives.
By Rancid
Patrickov wrote: The military does report to the Party instead of the Nation.

Really? how is that possible?
Rancid wrote:Really? how is that possible?

The military PLA is party-owned.

In other words, China only has SS but no Wehrmacht.

Even state corporation can be said as party-owned.
By Rancid
Patrickov wrote:
The military PLA is party-owned.

In other words, China only has SS but no Wehrmacht.

Even state corporation can be said as party-owned.

I'd imagine military members have to take an oath when they join. DOes that oath state they are in the service of the party?
Rancid wrote:I'd imagine military members have to take an oath when they join. DOes that oath state they are in the service of the party?

Allegedly, the first sentence of the oath is "I will obey leadership of the Chinese Communist Party".

(Source in Chinese Wikipedia)
The west is turning more and more authoritarian look at your own backyard before you look around at your neighbors (other countries)..
very soon anyone who criticize Globalism global warming and immigration will be sent to reeducation camps
and god forbid you say anything against a "person of color"
By Rancid
Patrickov wrote:Allegedly, the first sentence of the oath is "I will obey leadership of the Chinese Communist Party".

:eek:

Zionist Nationalist wrote:The west is turning more and more authoritarian look at your own backyard before you look around at your neighbors (other countries)..
very soon anyone who criticize Globalism global warming and immigration will be sent to reeducation camps
and god forbid you say anything against a "person of color"

Wing of the pendulum
By Rich
SSDR wrote:Incorrect. The Soviet Union increased the standards of living for many Russian workers. The Soviet Union's life expectancy rates increased. Education, health care, and agriculture went up. The average body mass index increased (photographs of people in the Soviet Union are slightly fatter then they were in the Russian Empire where they were skinnier).

The Soviet Union industrialized at a rapid rate at approximately 10 years after its formation. They had a very strong armoured military due to their rapid industrialization. The Soviet Union also launched the first spacecraft into outer space, Sputnik, in 1957. By the late 1970's, some of the educational sectors of the Soviet Union were more advanced than the United States.

:lol: The Soviet Union was an absolute catastrophe for ordinary people. Compare the Soviet Union to Finland, or compare the 1939 Soviet Union to the Baltic States and Poland before they were occupied. The people had nothing to thank their Marxist masters for.
By late
Rich wrote:
The Soviet Union was an absolute catastrophe for ordinary people. Compare the Soviet Union to Finland, or compare the 1939 Soviet Union to the Baltic States and Poland before they were occupied. The people had nothing to thank their Marxist masters for.

You're both right, within limits.

After WW2 the USSR was able to raise living standards modestly until the late 70s.

They weren't Marxists, that's just old propaganda. But their command economy was doomed by it's inability to adapt.
By Trajan
China is a communist state. The main thing it has in common with a fascist state is the Gulag system to impose thought control. The camps in Xinjiang are set up to make rebellious Muslim minorities good communists by re-educating them.

So you just take the word of a vlogger from youtube who does tricks with google earth? Come on don't you think the narrative is a little too cheesy? Innocent minority group abducted and tortured in secret camps? They couldn't be real criminals or maybe they are army bases or anything chicken farms. None of it matter because USA holding their own muslims in their own secretive camp.
Trajan wrote:None of it matter because USA holding their own muslims in their own secretive camp.

In some sense, two wrongs do not make a right. Although we may see the place of "wrong" a bit differently.
Trajan wrote:China is a communist state.

Right, in theory it's completely different from fascism.

The main thing it has in common with a fascist state is the Gulag system to impose thought control.

But in actual practice it has an authoritarian regime and favors only one ideology and party, so like fascism it is statist and monistic.
By Trajan
starman2003 wrote:

But in actual practice it has an authoritarian regime and favors only one ideology and party, so like fascism it is statist and monistic.

Sorry Starman I stuffed up my quote. What you have me quoted as saying actually came from
starman2003 wrote:

Hi Starman

I'm new to this forum and I stuffed up. What you have me saying was orginally posted by ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm wrote:

China is a communist state. The main thing it has in common with a fascist state is the Gulag system to impose thought control. The camps in Xinjiang are set up to make rebellious Muslim minorities good communists by re-educating them. The Chinese are erasing minority cultures from both the public and the private arena. They are criminalizing ethnic identities and minority languages just like Stalin went after Ukrainian nationalists. Hitler copied the Soviet system when he created Nazi Germany, which is why Nazi Germany resembled the USSR. The Nazi extermination camps and the vast Soviet Gulag represent the two dictatorships in their most inhuman form.

It's on the first page.

So my words are the last 2 lines of the Tragan post.
Of course both communists and fascists had concentration camps but at the core of all that and more is the primacy of the State and its agenda over the individual. The key difference is Statism was consistent with fascism in theory as well as in practice but not communism, under which the State was supposed to wither away.
By Rancid
SaddamHuseinovic wrote:China functions well, especially to Coronavirus shows this but China is a huge prison:

An authoritarian state is always going to be far far far more efficient than any sort of democratic society. I'll take living in an inefficient democratic society over a shithole authoritarian state like China. No matter how efficient it can ge.
By Godstud
China's not a prison. I've met too many progressive Chinese people, travelling and working abroad for this to be the case. This is just another ignorant person spouting nonsense because they've bought into all the Western propaganda leveled against China.

Yes, China does some nasty things to some of its people(Uyghurs), and the USA has wars, where it kills other people. Which is better?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
China is the best of both worlds. Which is why it is rapidly pulling past the stagnant west.

There is democracy in china, it is only on the city-wide level where it can actually impact those who engage in it. Hundreds of Millions of people vote for candidates every year and the only qualifier is economic performance of local officials.

On the national level on such a scale democracy is a joke, it doesn't work and should not be tolerated. Thankfully in China it isn't.

Also much more responsibility is piled on ordinary citizens, so you get city streets that are safe to walk at night, you get zero tax or regulation of alcohol because drunkards are eliminated not by the state but by their families. Technology is used to penalize idiotic behaviour. This results in much more flexibility and freedom in every day life. Sure you can jay walk or drive your car like a maniac, in the west cops would stop and charge you, maybe even chase you down. In China system is automated, you will get a message on your phone informing you a fine is due minutes after you commit a traffic offense, the penalty is always a known quantity.

It's a well oiled machine.

And have fun trying to pass off secondary and technical schools in xinjiang as concentration camps. It's not funny anymore it's just sad.
Last edited by Igor Antunov on 06 Nov 2020 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

The problem is exactly that China is not even a glass house.
By Rancid
Godstud wrote:Yes, China does some nasty things to some of its people(Uyghurs), and the USA has wars, where it kills other people. Which is better?

The US, clearly.

Let's put it this way. So long as I can stand on the street corner and say "Trump is a moron", or "Biden is a moron", or "Obama is a moron" and not worry about the government coming after me. America will always be better than China no matter what. The west will always be better than China. It's that simple. Anyone that supports or defends China is a fucking stooge that CHine will throw to the curb in and instance. Useful idiots. That's what @Igor Antunov is.

Fuck China, or more precisely the CCP.

What exactly is wrong? We know how many rockets w[…]

Leslie woman gets to the point. Lol. https:[…]

I'm surprised to see the genocide supporters (lik[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]