Trump, Oh my god ! - Page 68 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
blackjack21 wrote:The markets are a little jittery over Coronavirus. However, Trump has actually been one of the only voices in American politics pointing out the danger of relying so heavily on China. Once again, Trump has been proven right. Meanwhile, he's negotiating on trade with India, and over 100k people came out to give Trump a warm welcome. He seems to be considerably more popular than the media would have us believe. Notice all the Trump signs in the stands?

If you're so concerned about Trump being flippant, maybe you shouldn't taunt him this way. After all, he could plunge Germany into a steep recession on tariffs alone. Look how India treats him by comparison. Trump could plunge Germany into a deep recession at the stroke of a pen.

It's a big issue, because a lot of people think getting ripped off by liberals for a worthless scrap of paper (if it's not a STEM degree) is somehow a good idea.

He was illustrating the point that he could use tariffs to pay down the debt.

The reality is that Trump is quite a bit more popular than the media wants us to think he is. The reality is that the media is out of step. They're the weird ones that don't get it.

@blackjack21 uh....Relampaguito.....

Your version of events in in question....look at this version that I believe is true....

late wrote:
Thanks for the laugh. I've met the guy in real life, and he's not upper class, and certainly not acting aristocratic.

In 3 polls of presidential historians, each one has ranked Trump as the worst president in American history.

When nearly everyone talks about Nero, they are referring to the idea of him as a terrible and destructive ruler. Like most Americans, he thinks violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
This is not something to laugh. Comparison can sometimes bring different messages from whoever creating it intends to. I appreciate Member jimjam who expressed his understanding and made his point of sharing this clear afterwards.

IMHO historians hundreds or even thousands of years later might actually assess Trump differently from current historians (who would be in similar situation to traditional Nero assessors). Indeed, all of us, myself or more staunch Trump supporters (like Member blackjack21 or Member Hindsite) included, are probably clouded by the time or situations we are in.

On a side note, one can say Americans who perceive Nero being little more than a tyrannical maniac as a proof that propaganda working on them, even almost two millennia passed. In that sense, I would question their ability to distinguish facts (here, "fact" means all the lies told and mistakes or atrocities committed by the Trump administration) from propaganda (i.e. partisan attack on Trump administration in order to make others look better), or whether they had exaggerated their perception of facts because of their tendency to believe what they want to hear.

As for the violence, what I think is that some of the hatred against Trump (again I do not dispute the facts behind it -- everyone deserves some hatred as there are always haters, and everyone in power deserve more of that, but...) is presented in a form that violence on their part is necessary if they cannot turn things around.

Incompetence is not a sin.
Patrickov wrote:
IMHO historians hundreds or even thousands of years later might actually assess Trump differently from current historians

On a side note, one can say Americans who perceive Nero being little more than a tyrannical maniac as a proof that propaganda working on them,

As for the violence, what I think is that some of the hatred against Trump (again I do not dispute the facts behind it -- everyone deserves some hatred as there are always haters, and everyone in power deserve more of that, but...) is presented in a form that violence on their part is necessary if they cannot turn things around.

Historians look at a number of things when evaluating a president. While it's true that their judgement can change with time, the fact that Trump is dreadful will not.

Calling the old historical opinion of Nero propaganda is silly. Historians were not selling lies for personal gain.

You keep advocating violence. A civilisation finds civil ways to resolve conflict. It looks to me like you are advocating what Putin wants, to have us at each others throats.
late wrote:Historians look at a number of things when evaluating a president. While it's true that their judgement can change with time, the fact that Trump is dreadful will not.

Calling the old historical opinion of Nero propaganda is silly. Historians were not selling lies for personal gain.

You keep advocating violence. A civilisation finds civil ways to resolve conflict. It looks to me like you are advocating what Putin wants, to have us at each others throats.

Many at my place appreciate Trump for initiating an atmosphere that cause people realise China can be stood up to, and shows how the American system is superior. IMHO this is just like how Nero is appreciated in places farther away from Rome.

No one asks common people to cut each other's throats. However, it is sometimes justified against a powerful tyrant. If anything, it should be one-off and whoever doing that must bear appropriate responsibility.

Last but not least, I think comparing me with Putin is an unfounded flattery and honour in my favour. I regret to declare that I cannot accept it. We agree in at least some of Putin's flaws, but anyone gaining political leadership is not someone to be belittled. Same goes for Trump and Xi Jinping, though for the latter case I have no choice but to advocate measures against him because his policies apparently harmed my contemporaries, my family and myself to a considerable extent.
By jimjam
When in the midst of the coronavirus crisis and a market plunge the President plays golf and the First Lady cares about construction of a tennis court in the White House, I get reminded of Marie Antoinette’s famous quote when told the people had no bread: let them eat cake.
jimjam wrote:When in the midst of the coronavirus crisis and a market plunge the President plays golf and the First Lady cares about construction of a tennis court in the White House, I get reminded of Marie Antoinette’s famous quote when told the people had no bread: let them eat cake.

IMHO what the French people did to this Royal couple afterwards would be inspirational to stauch anti-Trumpers, such as the above Member.
By jimjam
If this country reelects this utterly incompetent and ignorant man, it will be time to look to move. Seriously. We are already failing on virtually all fronts - healthcare, education, the environment, and much more. Oh, except for billionaires: they're thriving.

We’re in big trouble, and the most incompetent President in modern times is in the Oval Office. Running the most important country in the world is complicated. Who knew?
By late
jimjam wrote:
If this country reelects this utterly incompetent and ignorant man, it will be time to look to move. Seriously. We are already failing on virtually all fronts - healthcare, education, the environment, and much more. Oh, except for billionaires: they're thriving.

We’re in big trouble, and the most incompetent President in modern times is in the Oval Office. Running the most important country in the world is complicated. Who knew?

There is an expat community in the mountains of Costa Rica, worth a look.

Great coffee, very low cost of living, and it's up high enough that the weather is tolerable.
By jimjam
True leadership is often most apparent during times of crisis. Never has there been such a stark difference in ability than what we are seeing right now. President Trump, once again, is demonstrating how not to lead. His messages are weak and wavering, and Americans are becoming more confused everyday. While governors like Phil Scott of Vermont, Larry Hogan in Maryland, and, most especially, Andrew Cuomo in New York, are decisive and clear with their messages of what the people of their states need to do at this very critical moment in history. Trump, who often invokes Abraham Lincoln, should consider something Lincoln said about leadership in a crisis:

“I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts.”

The link and quote has been posted. As well as li[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]