Does China Owe Reparations for Coronavirus? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Does China Owe Reparations for Coronavirus?

1. Yes, they do.
31%
3. No.
66%
4. Other
3%
Other, shit poll is shit

Also, no, because it's just too complex to do something like that. Also, does this mean the US should pay reparations for the Spanish Flu? Mexico for the Swine flu? Korea for Hanta virus? so and so on?
Last edited by Rancid on 27 Mar 2020 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
Yes they do. And they are even so arrogant by saying that the world owe them something. I think the world owes them a crusade.
SolarCross wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kkw39g1pCQ

If it was anyone else you would all say yes.

[KS mod note: Keep it so serious poll options only.]

All things considered, no. But if you consider just the moral part of it then yes. I voted yes by the way. Unplugging Chinese labour market from the Wests labour markets and imposing an outsourcing tax would be good reparations.
Rancid wrote:Also, no, because it's just too complex to do something like that. Also, does this mean the US should pay reparations for the Spanish Flu?

You mean the 1918 China flu. The virus was circulating in China before the US and Europe. By 1918 the Chinese had built up a substantial level of herd immunity, hence why they were much less badly hit in 1918 and 1919 than the rest of the world.
Rich wrote:You mean the 1918 China flu. The virus was circulating in China before the US and Europe. By 1918 the Chinese had built up a substantial level of herd immunity, hence why they were much less badly hit in 1918 and 1919 than the rest of the world.

China back then was as bad as most sub-Saharan countries now. Epidemics like this probably just went unmentioned.
CHINA CHINA CHINA

Rich wrote:You mean the 1918 China flu. The virus was circulating in China before the US and Europe. By 1918 the Chinese had built up a substantial level of herd immunity, hence why they were much less badly hit in 1918 and 1919 than the rest of the world.

Should the US pay reparations for smallpox?
Rancid wrote:Should the US pay reparations for smallpox?

That one was invented by the ancient Egyptians. They have dug up mummies with it. We could hit up el-sisi of the arab republic of Egypt for 10,000 years of back payments, but they are a bunch of broke ass bums living off of charity from the US state dept. :(
This is way too complex of a problem to properly assign blame and punish. On a practical level, it's not fair, and it also serves to strain relations between nations. I see nothing positive from this.

Overall, I opposed reparations for this virus for the same reasons I opposed slave reparations.

Side note:
The irony here, is that I'm sure most people that are saying China should reparations, are people that think slave reparations should not be paid.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]