Europe edging towards total coronavirus lockdown - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
@Sivad

and our old people, the people who's lives we're saving with this massive sacrifice, don't have the wisdom or the decency to refuse it. These are people who have completely wasted their lives on bullshit and consumerism. They've cultivated no wisdom, they have zero fucking character, and the only thing they're gonna do with the few worthless years they have left is shop and consume. So what are the lives of selfish old fools really worth? I could give a fuck if they all dropped dead.

So you want the elderly to die? Well let's see...

The elderly, in addition to fighting wars, building charities, ect. built their countries. Roads, airports, harbours, schools, hospitals, etc. all with their tax dollars.

Kids' health care, education, buses, etc weren't paid for by kids. It was tax payers through years of hard work and sacrifice. How much are you paying in taxes? I'll bet the seniors in my family pay, to this day, more in taxes then you earn in a year.

And how do you know they wasted their lives? Compared to you? What wisdom have you bestowed upon society?

And what's this massive sacrifice you're making? A few weeks of watching that you don't get too close to someone else? Christ, that must be rough! How do you bare it?

I'll skip the bit where you think they are selfish.
Stormsmith wrote:
So you want the elderly to die?

I don't want the elderly to die, I want them to start acting their age and stop wrecking society out of fear and selfishness.

The elderly, in addition to fighting wars, building charities, ect. built their countries. Roads, airports, harbours, schools, hospitals, etc. all with their tax dollars.

They started bullshit wars that my generation died in, they gave some chump change to charity so they could avoid the cost of real equity, and they let the infrastructure crumble to shit. That's the reality.

Let me put it this way, if you look around at this world and you're proud of what your generation did with it then there is something fundamentally wrong with you.

Kids' health care

Millions of kids don't have healthcare and tens of millions have inadequate healthcare because your generation is selfish and greedy. Your generation takes more than its due and doesn't pay what it owes.

weren't paid for by kids. It was tax payers through years of hard work and sacrifice. How much are you paying in taxes? I'll bet the seniors in my family pay, to this day, more in taxes then you earn in a year.

I'm sure you're a very rich liberal lady, you exhibit all the hallmark moral and intellectual failings of very rich liberal ladies.

And all that money you pay in taxes, it's not your money and it never was. You didn't earn it, it doesn't belong to you. It's surplus wealth created from social cooperation going back many generations, it belongs to all of society. Your generation just embezzles it and hoards it.

And how do you know they wasted their lives?

The purpose of life is to develop wisdom and substance, people who fail to develop wisdom and substance have wasted their lives. I know that most of your generation have wasted their lives because wise and substantive people don't hoard wealth and power or crash civilization just to save their own asses.

Compared to you? What wisdom have you bestowed upon society?

My contribution to society is that I'm not the problem. I pay what I owe and I only take what I'm due, I'm intellectually honest, my politics are reasonable and moral, and I'm doing everything I can to save the future from people like you.

And what's this massive sacrifice you're making? A few weeks of watching that you don't get too close to someone else? Christ, that must be rough! How do you bare it?

See, this is one of those intellectual and moral failings I was talking about. It's not "a few weeks of watching that you don't get too close to someone else", it's permanently eroded civil liberties from worldwide martial law and at least a decade of economic and social immiseration from the shutdown of the global economy. Your ignorance here is an intellectual failing because you should know better and a moral failing because you don't care enough about the consequences to other people to even bother to know what's going on.
Funny how all these old Liberals are screaming for a lock-down. I wonder what these hypocrites would have said if our governments had reacted the same way to the China-68 virus. I wonder if they would have just quietly given up their marches and sit downs and gone quietly into the night. I wonder how they would have felt about having Woodstock cancelled, Woodstock and other mass gatherings in 69 almost certainly contributed to the revival of the virus later in the year.
Sivad wrote:I don't want the elderly to die, I want them to start acting their age and stop wrecking society out of fear and selfishness.

Re: "acting one's age" can you be more specific, please?

They started bullshit wars that my generation died in, they gave some chump change to charity so they could avoid the cost of real equity, and they let the infrastructure crumble to shit. That's the reality.

Yes. Happens a lot. Republicans blame Democrats. Democrats blame Republicans. Everyone blames corporate greed. You blame great grandparents.. Someone blames..

The only ones who avoided 'the cost of equity were the weathy and some die hard republicans. Everyone one else wanted these changes. That's why FDR was elected for four terms.

Let me put it this way, if you look around at this world and you're proud of what your generation did with it then there is something fundamentally wrong with you.

You're lumping people together and condemning some to die, regardless of what they've done or not done, and by implication, pose as a virtual juggernaut of virtue.I'm not convinced.

Millions of kids don't have healthcare and tens of millions have inadequate healthcare because your generation is selfish and greedy. Your generation takes more than its due and doesn't pay what it owes.

All our people, regardless of demographics, has excellent healthcare, here, sweetie, because regardless of age or income we cherish good health and wouldn't begrudge any one it. So how am I or any other Canadian selfish and greedy?

BTW I'm not an octogenarian. Not by a long shot.

I'm sure you're a very rich liberal lady, you exhibit all the hallmark moral and intellectual failings of very rich liberal ladies.

The mortgage and car are paid for. Bills are paid in full, monthly. There's money in the bank. But rich...well according to world income standards most North Americans are, but by my reckoning, no. Comfortable, not wealthy. That's next.

And all that money you pay in taxes, it's not your money and it never was. You didn't earn it, it doesn't belong to you. It's surplus wealth created from social cooperation going back many generations, it belongs to all of society. Your generation just embezzles it and hoards it.

Yes it is

I did research in epilepsy and earned income the usual way, and every dime was mine. We bought acreage, built our home - and I mean we built it, every nail, and according to the land tax assessment notice, we did well. My husband bought me a stud, we breed him, and did well by him. He did pretty well by us, now that I think of it, but both the investment and the income was ours, all made by the sweat of our own fair hands.

A study done a few years ago estimated 70% of all annual wealth wound up being paid out in taxes.The tax men came by regularly and that's fine with me. Healthcare is gold, and a good, affordable education is better stll. Wouldn't begrudge anyone either. It's the gift of all taxpayers give to each other and to the ungotten and unborn, as Shakespeare might say.

The purpose of life is to develop wisdom and substance, people who fail to develop wisdom and substance have wasted their lives. I know that most of your generation have wasted their lives because wise and substantive people don't hoard wealth and power or crash civilization just to save their own asses.

Maybe you could have a look in a library some time if you're interested in wisdom. Or anywhere that man's contributed to culture. And try to forgive a little. No one's perfect. No one's right all the time.

also, please define substance

My contribution to society is that I'm not the problem. I pay what I owe and I only take what I'm due, I'm intellectually honest, my politics are reasonable and moral, and I'm doing everything I can to save the future from people like you.

Thanks, but one day I won't be needing it.

See, this is one of those intellectual and moral failings I was talking about. It's not "a few weeks of watching that you don't get too close to someone else", it's permanently eroded civil liberties from worldwide martial law and at least a decade of economic and social immiseration from the shutdown of the global economy. Your ignorance here is an intellectual failing because you should know better and a moral failing because you don't care enough about the consequences to other people to even bother to know what's going on.

I disagee, and since you clearly don't know me from Adam Ant, I suggest you don't presuppose so much so soon. Stop trying to lump everyone into a category upon whom you can spew vitriol . It will just leave a bad taste in your mouth.

What civil liberties are you worried you will loose, what martial law? As for the the shut down of the global economy that's on President Trump. No body wanted it to tank, but what goes down must go up. Well, it historically has.

Your capital concern seems to centre on wealth hoarding. Here's your challenge:

Go look at Super seniors in your community. Most are getting by, some eat cat food, some dine better but after a lifetime of hard graph, everyone should. I'd bet real money few are uber weathy, in fact, I doubt the one % or the one tenth of one% live there. So if your miffed at the uber weathy, don't attack the 99% who don't qualify as hoarders. They are savers. They didn't squander every dime the made. That's not a sin The old deers with a bit of money earned it, don't owe anyone a dime, but many give to charity as is their wont. They probably have two or three kids, each of whom probably has kids and oh the great grand kids are arriving. The older generation has a right to divide their earnings as they see fit not you.

As for your contribution, most people can say that. Up your game, and don't let compassion skip your generation
Last edited by Stormsmith on 22 Mar 2020 18:28, edited 2 times in total.
Sivad wrote:So what are the lives of selfish old fools really worth? I could give a fuck if they all dropped dead.

Does that include your parents and grandparents ?
You should be ashamed of yourself.
I didn't mind you being a curmudgeon, but now you have become despicable and disgusting.

@FiveofSwords When have I denied it? I've sai[…]

…. I don't know who in their right mind would be[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That doesn't answer the question though, how come[…]

@Godstud I suggest you fact-check that. :lo[…]