Virus Hysteria For Morons - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
That is a lot like a soup I make every week.

I usually use lentils,also a box of chicken bone broth, 4 ounces of meat (often sausage) 3-4 cups of cabbage ( I don't measure, but I recently became a big fan of cabbage), a ton of Szeged paprika, just a little of something spicy, just for background flavor, a tblsp or two of molasses, also for background flavor

Irish bangers are a good choice, chopped fine they will disappear into the broth.

Sometimes I substitute a can of drained spinach instead of the cabbage. Goes well with lentils.
** Update**

Confusion reigns.

The Prime Minister was on the TV this evening basically trashing what the Health Minister said yesterday. The old are now under partial lockdown not quarantined. So we are allowed out to buy food/medicine/go to the ATM and no threat of a fine. Somebody most likely told him the logistics didn't add up. We have a very small army with army jobs to do and having 118,000 people to see to was not doable for an open-ended unknown time.
Donna wrote:Enjoyed a lovely afternoon scolding people for not social distancing. I wish there was some sort of medical mutaween.

your inner flulagist is showing.
maz wrote:I'm the kind of person who eats soup all year round.If I actually get my paycheck this weekend I am going to got to the grocery store to pick up what I don't have and try it.

With bread and extra pancetta (I often double that too), I'm usually in for about $30. However, I can get enough meals that it is totally worth every penny. I do recommend the Trader Joe's Italian baguette though. It's got a bit more of a crust and a bit more gluten. Dip that with unsalted butter into the soup, and it's awesome.

Also, I realized one of the things that I ran out of that I think makes a big difference--white pepper. I like adding that to sauces, because if you don't overdo it, it can be subtle but it has a long tail.

late wrote:I usually use lentils,also a box of chicken bone broth, 4 ounces of meat (often sausage) 3-4 cups of cabbage ( I don't measure, but I recently became a big fan of cabbage), a ton of Szeged paprika, just a little of something spicy, just for background flavor, a tblsp or two of molasses, also for background flavor

Italian sausage and spinach soup is also excellent.
By late
blackjack21 wrote:
Also, I realized one of the things that I ran out of that I think makes a big difference--white pepper. I like adding that to sauces, because if you don't overdo it, it can be subtle but it has a long tail.

Italian sausage and spinach soup is also excellent.

I'm a big fan of white pepper, I don't usually use black pepper. Nothing against it, and I usually like it when it's in a dish at a restaurant. I don't know why I don't, I just don't.

Yeah, sausage and spinach is kinda awesome. I've been craving iron rich foods for a few years, used to have low iron.

I should have mention that I use a cup of lentils. The wife and I usually come close to demolishing it. We like my cooking.
MistyTiger wrote: I really just wanted to work up a sweat and improve my circulation.

Sweating is super important ….. I think. I try to work up a good sweat every day. It is like flushing the body's toilet. Has an inner cleansing effect. Plus, it actually energizes me ……. something that, at age 75, becomes increasingly rare. You are not there yet but try to remember that a "secret" to better aging is very simple ….. keep moving.
People are behaving like morons all over the world. I really shouldn't be surprised, but this virus thing has shown me once again that most people will do anything as long as they're being ''kept safe'' by the powers that be. They are unable to see the bigger picture. Every decade or so there's this big event (real or manufactured) that will be used to limit our rights. When will people finally understand this?
jimjam wrote:Sweating is super important ….. I think. I try to work up a good sweat every day. It is like flushing the body's toilet. Has an inner cleansing effect. Plus, it actually energizes me ……. something that, at age 75, becomes increasingly rare. You are not there yet but try to remember that a "secret" to better aging is very simple ….. keep moving.

Yes, we need to cleanse our body of wastes and environmental toxins. My uncles have suffered joint pain from an accumulation of fat in their bodies. I keep looking 10 years younger due in part to sweating. My manager cslls me a "young whippersnapper" because I am energetic at work, but I want to argue that I am not a spring chicken. I have listless moments. I just love the high I get during and after a run.

I have lost a lot of weight. I am still amazed. I feel great for 33.
On the bright side, Fox just fired Trish Regan, one of the plague-denying personalities who have ranted that the reality of 17 people dying every hour in New York City is all a liberal plot against Trump. I guess there comes a point when even the worst of them can't ignore the refrigerated morgue trucks outnumbering the ambulances parked outside our over-stressed health care system marketplaces (aka hospitals).
Apparently if you put a little olive oil in a pan, turn it on low, the melt a bit of butter and lemon juice, then stir in cooked spinach, the body can access the iron better and used it more efficiently, or so I read.

@jimjam

Pity about those respirators. Seems if used before 'necessary' the survival rate improves
maz wrote:The government is showing its real face and it is batshit crazy. Some are good at hiding it but others, not so much.

The gentle lady from Michigan needs a pill.
I give it a week 2 weeks tops before people are like fuck this take away all my liberties. How about the assholes having yards sales. Isn't all the grocery stores just giant Coronavirus petri dishes by now?
“We can expect that by June 1, we will be well on our way to recovery,” Mr. Trump said on Sunday evening, though he offered no scientific data to back up that claim. “We think by June 1. A lot of great things will be happening.”

"A lot of great things will be happening." WOW! Is this guy full of shit …. or what...…

A few days ago he informed us that come Easter the churches would be packed with people raring to get out to work the next day and Die For The Dow. We have a fiscal crisis, a physical crisis and a seriously incompetent head of state …… poor America.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]