" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Page 57 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The "experts" were predicting millions just a few weeks ago. These people don't have a clue as to what is going on.

Read the fucking article. They still are predicting millions. The 200,000 is a "best case if we do things perfectly".

What the fuck! How can you say that the government's response is appalling while you are quoting the very people who are advising the government!

Yes. That is the point son. And the president is ignoring them or worse, deciding to overrule them and do very little. But you stick with Trump. He appears to be operating at about your level of understanding.

I may not be here but there will come a day when someone will call you on your idiotic posts. You can own them then.
Drlee wrote:There is no way to parse this. The US Government response is appalling. And it is getting worse. We are still doing nowhere near enough to fight this epidemic. From today's news:

200,000 deaths. And that is if we "do things almost perfectly". And only a fool would think we are doing "things" even close to that.

In time the take away will be that the republican party was responsible for the deaths of a half a million Americans or more. Our Arizona governor listed on his "essential industries" list Golf Courses. He also prohibited mayors from going beyond his proclamations. So I can go to a dry cleaner, "inside" the bank, to the hearing aid store, a business supply store, the dog park, playground at the park, and ice cream shop, the gun store (of course we know how essential that is these days) on and on.

If you look at the democratic governors and the republican governors you can see a clear difference. There are some republican governors who have done OK but manywho are a literal disaster.

I find it very hard to believe that we are even having a discussion about balancing the deaths of individuals with the DOW. It is beyond appalling. All we have to do is look at China to see how to do this. I don't care if they cooked the books to some extent. They still are doing FAR better than we are. And they are prepared to sell us masks and other equipment if large quantities.

The CDC under the Trump administration is suffering from a failure to tell the truth. It cowardly leaders are in full Kowtow mode. Remember Trump and the CEOs of the three largest drug store chains in the country standing in the White House garden and promising tests at the drug store? There are 67,000 drug stores in America. 5 are testing.

ON a death per capita basis the USA is doing far better than Italy, Spain, France, UK, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, and Austria. By the way smaller nations tend to do better, Norway has a death rate of 6 per million and South Korea, the world's standard of reference has a death rate of 3 per million. The USA has a death rate of 8 per million. The data is only valid for the morning of 3-30-20.

By the way 200, 000 deaths in a nation with 333 million is a very tiny fraction.

What do you think of the way Sweden is handling the Corona outbreak? They did not close down businesses. They assume Swedish citizens will do the right thing on their own.
Drlee wrote:Yes. That is the point son. And the president is ignoring them or worse, deciding to overrule them and do very little. But you stick with Trump. He appears to be operating at about your level of understanding.

What are the experts telling Trump to do and what is he not doing?
Last edited by maz on 30 Mar 2020 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
Julian658 wrote:Corona is like the flu virus, but with a higher fatality rate-----------probably 15 times more than influenza-------it is also very contagious. Blaming that on Trump is just cheap politics and demagogy.

Trump is being blamed because he is the president - supposedly the top control spot in the USA. Of course, he isn't really in charge, nor are any other presidents. Giant corporations are in charge, and they are entirely profit motivated.

But the current empty-suit-role of "country X leader" that is what most of our fake leaders have become... has allowed corporate interests to strip all of our social infrastructure to the bone in order to "PROFIT!!", and that is why we're here now.

Just as our fake governments have stripped health care, they have stripped environmental protection, education, social services, community, and anything else they could get their hand-picked fake-leaders to cut.

You talk about cheap politics, but our fake, corrupt political classes have given us dime-store education and health care, along with a genocidal foreign policy based on lies and greed. The rest of the world knows this, and this means the reputation of the West is going to be needing respirators soon.
QatzelOk wrote:Trump is being blamed because he is the president - supposedly the top control spot in the USA. Of course, he isn't really in charge, nor are any other presidents. Giant corporations are in charge, and they are entirely profit motivated.

But the current empty-suit-role of "country X leader" that is what most of our fake leaders have become... has allowed corporate interests to strip all of our social infrastructure to the bone in order to "PROFIT!!", and that is why we're here now.

Just as our fake governments have stripped health care, they have stripped environmental protection, education, social services, community, and anything else they could get their hand-picked fake-leaders to cut.

You talk about cheap politics, but our fake, corrupt political classes have given us dime-store education and health care, along with a genocidal foreign policy based on lies and greed. The rest of the world knows this, and this means the reputation of the West is going to be needing respirators soon.

Sure, corporations have power. However, I have less fear of the corporations than the politburo.
maz wrote:The media did not blame Obama for H1N1

The function of the media is to do whatever they can to dethrone Trump. However, they are unknowingly re-electing Trump. The more they put down Trump the more popular he gets.
blackjack21 wrote:
Trump makes the decisions, not them.

That's now the way it went down.

The head of the NSC pandemic team gave a speech about it, and Trump fired her. He wanted to ignore it and hope it would go away. He then lied about it many times. Actually, he's still lying about it.

The only real question here is how many people this screwup will kill.
Julian658 wrote:Sure, corporations have power. However, I have less fear of the corporations than the politburo.

Well, if the Western "politburos" are staffed with arms-dealing merchants, corporate CEOs, and banksters... then you should fear them.

Thing is, this is who America's (and its allies) current politburo IS made up of. That's why only corporate profits are ever "saved" by the current regimes in Washington and its puppets.
QatzelOk wrote:Well, if the Western "politburos" are staffed with arms-dealing merchants, corporate CEOs, and banksters... then you should fear them.

Thing is, this is who America's (and its allies) current politburo IS made up of. That's why only corporate profits are ever "saved" by the current regimes in Washington and its puppets.

The issue is: I am doing quite well in this system. Why should I fight to demolish a system that has given me so much? I do not see the doom and gloom you mention.
Julian658 wrote:The issue is: I am doing quite well in this system. Why should I fight to demolish a system that has given me so much? I do not see the doom and gloom you mention.

Are you able to see the "gloom and doom" that the world's scientists have been mentionning for the last 50 years?

Or are you "doing so well in this system" that there's just no eyeglasses prescription that's strong enough?
Drlee wrote:There is no way to parse this. The US Government response is appalling. And it is getting worse. We are still doing nowhere near enough to fight this epidemic. From today's news:

200,000 deaths. And that is if we "do things almost perfectly". And only a fool would think we are doing "things" even close to that.

In time the take away will be that the republican party was responsible for the deaths of a half a million Americans or more. Our Arizona governor listed on his "essential industries" list Golf Courses. He also prohibited mayors from going beyond his proclamations. So I can go to a dry cleaner, "inside" the bank, to the hearing aid store, a business supply store, the dog park, playground at the park, and ice cream shop, the gun store (of course we know how essential that is these days) on and on.

If you look at the democratic governors and the republican governors you can see a clear difference. There are some republican governors who have done OK but manywho are a literal disaster.

I find it very hard to believe that we are even having a discussion about balancing the deaths of individuals with the DOW. It is beyond appalling. All we have to do is look at China to see how to do this. I don't care if they cooked the books to some extent. They still are doing FAR better than we are. And they are prepared to sell us masks and other equipment if large quantities.

The CDC under the Trump administration is suffering from a failure to tell the truth. It cowardly leaders are in full Kowtow mode. Remember Trump and the CEOs of the three largest drug store chains in the country standing in the White House garden and promising tests at the drug store? There are 67,000 drug stores in America. 5 are testing.

No way to parse treasonous Chinese propaganda other than it is the reincarnation of John McCain. Democrats will do and say anything to retain power. There is nothing constructive about this.
MistyTiger wrote:Conservatives tend to favor corporations more. Our current POTUS is a conservative. He seemed so proud of himself for raising the stock market to record highs just months ago. Financial experts were astounded and praising him for inspiring such growth, more than during Obama's presidency.

Now, stocks are falling. And he wants to open up the economy by Easter...not a chance! April will be a terrible month for COVID-19. Recovery is not in sight yet.

What is your point liberals don't own stock they don't work for corporations they don't own companies and they hate wealth and money? Are your trying to blame conservatives or you are happy that conservatives are being damaged or both? What is the point of this?
While Putin has said that the rich in Russia will pay for the COVID disaster, in the USA, it's being used to transfer trillions to crooked and bankrupt banksters and corporate welfare whores:

Alex Christoforou wrote:What every American needs to know is that our crooked bought-and-paid-for Congress just passed a bill that transfers the credit risk for $4.5 trillion of corporate sludge onto the National Debt.

A bailout of this magnitude could impact the nation’s credit rating (Fitch has already issued a warning), send interest rates to the moon, dampen economic activity for years to come, and pave the way for a long and painful slump. The much ballyhooed $1,200 checks for unemployed workers are merely a tactical diversion that’s being used to conceal the giant ripoff that is taking place right under our noses.

So while you were quarantined, your "government" just lent $10,000 dollars of your money (per US citizen) to crooked banks so they can continue to play richie-rich for a few more years.

There will be no money left for any health care improvements, but don't worry: the 1% will have oil tankers full of Purell and abandoned silver mines full of toilet paper.
The media did not blame Obama for H1N1

Nobody is blaming Trump for Corona Virus. :roll:

We are blaming him for the pathetic response.

I find the assertion that because this morning we have fewer deaths per million than some other countries to be laughable. It is a non-statistic. Of course if you have an instant cure for all future cases that we can universally implement today then I will grant your point. Wait a month and then tell me about it.

What I just did was write down you post number on my desk pad and we will address this again in a month. Let's see how you weasel out of it then.

The US response is a disaster in the making and getting worse every day. The sooner you come to grips with the fact that your beloved leader and his republican sycophants have failed you and the people you know who will die the better off you will be.

But tell you what. You feel really safe right now. Trump will protect you. Why don't you go volunteer in a hospital? :roll:
QatzelOk wrote:Are you able to see the "gloom and doom" that the world's scientists have been mentionning for the last 50 years?

Or are you "doing so well in this system" that there's just no eyeglasses prescription that's strong enough?

We are living in the most prosperous and peaceful era in world history. Life has never been this good (even with the Corona virus doing its thing). Steven Pinker, a left leaning experimental psychologist from Harvard has written a book summarizing this. He looked at thousands of parameters and how things are way better today.

late wrote:The head of the NSC pandemic team gave a speech about it, and Trump fired her.

What are you rattling on about? Bolton reorganized the team in 2018. Trump should have fired all Obama holdovers. Yet, you seem to think that there is some indispensable person here who would have made all the difference. It's a ludicrous proposition.

late wrote:The only real question here is how many people this screwup will kill.

Firing someone isn't a screw up. Generally, bureaucrats aren't first responders. So the answer to that question is zero.

QatzelOk wrote:While Putin has said that the rich in Russia will pay for the COVID disaster, in the USA, it's being used to transfer trillions to crooked and bankrupt banksters and corporate welfare whores:

And you believe Putin, do you? In the US, public employee retirement systems are heavily invested in companies that could go bankrupt. There's no problem in the companies going to the bankruptcy court to discharge debt and recapitalize, EXCEPT PERS systems would lose too much money. Bureaucrats will bail themselves out first.
Drlee wrote:Nobody is blaming Trump for Corona Virus. :roll:

We are blaming him for the pathetic response.

I find the assertion that because this morning we have fewer deaths per million than some other countries to be laughable. It is a non-statistic. Of course if you have an instant cure for all future cases that we can universally implement today then I will grant your point. Wait a month and then tell me about it.

What I just did was write down you post number on my desk pad and we will address this again in a month. Let's see how you weasel out of it then.

The US response is a disaster in the making and getting worse every day. The sooner you come to grips with the fact that your beloved leader and his republican sycophants have failed you and the people you know who will die the better off you will be.

But tell you what. You feel really safe right now. Trump will protect you. Why don't you go volunteer in a hospital? :roll:

This is a very SJWsque post. Why do you guys root for doom and gloom? It is not worth it and it is not working. Debating with a "what if" is not a sound technique.
blackjack21 wrote:
What are you rattling on about? Bolton reorganized the team in 2018.

"Borio left the Trump administration in 2019. Other high-level global health experts headed for the exits even earlier, after the White House dismantled the National Security Council’s global health security office.

The demise of that elite team is now under scrutiny as the Trump administration struggles to respond to the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump bristled when asked about his decision to disband the office at a news conference in the Rose Garden on Friday.

“I just think it's a nasty question,” the president responded. “And when you say ‘me,' I didn't do it. ... I don't know anything about it.”

John Bolton, Trump’s former national security adviser, has defended the decision in recent days.

Trump chose Bolton to lead the National Security Council in April 2018. A month later, Bolton nixed the pandemic preparedness office as part of an effort to streamline the agency.

But global health experts say Bolton's decision left the Trump administration flat-footed in confronting the virus..."Bolton’s chosen approach to NSC 'streamlining' involved decapitating and diluting the White House’s focus on pandemic threats," Jeremy Konyndyk, a senior policy fellow at the Center for Global Development, wrote in a rebuttal. "He eliminated the senior director position entirely, closed the biodefense directorate, and spread the remaining staff across other parts of the NSC."

Closing the pandemic office "clearly reflected the White House’s misplaced priorities and has proven to be a gross misjudgment"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/03/18/coronavirus-did-president-trumps-decision-disband-global-pandemic-office-hinder-response/5064881002/

Last time the White House killed this many American without cause was the Vietnam conflict.

This will kill more people than that.

You can keep babbling, I suppose, but this is a series of failures that is going to kill many many thousands.

So how does it feel to be an accessory to mass manslaughter.
late wrote:Last time the White House killed this many American without cause was the Vietnam conflict.

That's kind of dumb. The White House is a building. The anthropomorphisms don't make sense when you're making allegations. In the Vietnam War, the Vietcong and the NVA were the likely culprits killing American soldiers.

late wrote:This will kill more people than that.

Coronavirus is killing people. Not the White House. Borio left the administration. She wasn't fired. Trump did not fire her, so you were wrong in alleging as much. John Bolton was reorganizing the NSC.

late wrote:You can keep babbling, I suppose, but this is a series of failures that is going to kill many many thousands.

Probably millions world wide, and probably hundreds of thousands in the United States.

late wrote:So how does it feel to be an accessory to mass manslaughter.

I'm not sure what you mean. As for your histrionics, I find them humorous. :lol:

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]