It has started - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
#15080229
I've been predicting this for years.

But I was also beginning to think you actually could 'fool all the people all the time'. Or at least enough to finish ruining the country...

"Sports radio personality Mike Francesa, a longtime defender of President Donald Trump, tore into him over the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic...

And he told Trump that New Yorkers know that what’s happening isn’t right.

“They know it’s not,” he said. “They don’t have the supplies they need. So don’t give me the MyPillow guy doing a song and dance up here on a Monday afternoon when people are dying in Queens.”

“How is that a good job in our country?” Francesa asked. “Not if another 198,000 people die. So now 200,000 people are disposable?”

For an asshole like Trump, it's not going to take a lot of people like Francesa.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mike-francesa-trump-coronavirus_n_5e82bd7ac5b62dd9f5d4bed0
By late
#15080246
Ter wrote:

This is the editorial board.




Shooting the messenger won't help you.

Everything is going to get worse, people will notice.
User avatar
By Finfinder
#15080334
late wrote:I've been predicting this for years.

But I was also beginning to think you actually could 'fool all the people all the time'. Or at least enough to finish ruining the country...

"Sports radio personality Mike Francesa, a longtime defender of President Donald Trump, tore into him over the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic...

And he told Trump that New Yorkers know that what’s happening isn’t right.

“They know it’s not,” he said. “They don’t have the supplies they need. So don’t give me the MyPillow guy doing a song and dance up here on a Monday afternoon when people are dying in Queens.”

“How is that a good job in our country?” Francesa asked. “Not if another 198,000 people die. So now 200,000 people are disposable?”

For an asshole like Trump, it's not going to take a lot of people like Francesa.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mike-francesa-trump-coronavirus_n_5e82bd7ac5b62dd9f5d4bed0


Trump left NY because people like that spit in his face how ironic Cuomo gets a free pass. . If you live in a big city you have a higher chance of infection and diseas. No one forces you to live there.
By late
#15080337
Finfinder wrote:
Trump left NY because people like that spit in his face how ironic Cuomo gets a free pass. . If you live in a big city you have a higher chance of infection and diseas. No one forces you to live there.



I'm talking about Trump supporters.

I realise that asking for you to focus is asking the impossible... but could you at least try?
User avatar
By Finfinder
#15080341
late wrote:I'm talking about Trump supporters.

I realise that asking for you to focus is asking the impossible... but could you at least try?


I'm not the one who works for the Chinese government to spread this BS. If you can address the topic instead your real weak and lame attempts at the poster you wouldn't look so foolish.

Refute anything I posted if you can. Who cares who Mike Francesca is a liberal from NY that mainly reports on Football and is clearly biased and emotional. NY didn't even vote for Trump.
By late
#15080350
Finfinder wrote:

Refute anything I posted if you can. Who cares who Mike Francesca is a liberal from NY that mainly reports on Football and is clearly biased and emotional. NY didn't even vote for Trump.



"In 2016, Francesa came out as a supporter of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, supporting him as early as May 2016 and voting for him in the 2016 presidential election.[66] He has previously expressed support for Trump's national anthem perspectives, tweeting that the "NFL has lost its way" by allowing players to kneel for the playing of the national anthem.[67] Francesa also brushed off reports that President Trump's finances were in trouble, pointing out that he was still able to win the 2016 election." Wiki

While you're telling is who you troll for, could you maybe get real?

As a celebrity, he gets noticed, but this looks like the beginning of a trend.
By Patrickov
#15080360
Finfinder wrote:I'm not the one who works for the Chinese government to spread this BS.


Sorry, but I find this accusation pretty bullshit given that I am actually battling a real Chinese / Communist supporting sinister person elsewhere on this forum.

I just hope this insult be applied to more suitable targets instead of that maybe-hateful but righteous person.
User avatar
By Finfinder
#15080373
late wrote:"In 2016, Francesa came out as a supporter of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, supporting him as early as May 2016 and voting for him in the 2016 presidential election.[66] He has previously expressed support for Trump's national anthem perspectives, tweeting that the "NFL has lost its way" by allowing players to kneel for the playing of the national anthem.[67] Francesa also brushed off reports that President Trump's finances were in trouble, pointing out that he was still able to win the 2016 election." Wiki

While you're telling is who you troll for, could you maybe get real?

As a celebrity, he gets noticed, but this looks like the beginning of a trend.


No one knows who Mike Francesa is outside of NY and some NFL fans. He is hardly a B list celebrity.

People ouside are losing their jobs, savings, and retirement in part because of big a metropolis like NY City. Get real ? You tell that to the guy in rural Pennsylvania who is losing his job. That guy could give a shit about what Mike Francesa opinion is.

Patrickov wrote:Sorry, but I find this accusation pretty bullshit given that I am actually battling a real Chinese / Communist supporting sinister person elsewhere on this forum.

I just hope this insult be applied to more suitable targets instead of that maybe-hateful but righteous person.


Lighten up. How am I supposed to know who you are and who you battle? Suitable targets? OK you defend @late and and his thirst for blood with 10 active anti Trump virus threads and his personal attacks. You tell me? I read the posts and they are not pro American I'm sure others agree with me. You are such the contrarian I suggest picking your battles with me more wisely.
By Patrickov
#15080376
Finfinder wrote:Lighten up. How am I supposed to know who you are and who you battle? Suitable targets? OK you defend late and and his thirst for blood with 10 active anti Trump virus threads and his personal attacks. You tell me? I read the posts and they are not pro American I'm sure others agree with me. You are such the contrarian I suggest picking your battles with me more wisely.


I didn't defend him. Immense hate (which he possesses against Trump Administration) is different from thirst of blood. I know the difference because I possess both at different times.
Last edited by Patrickov on 31 Mar 2020 19:37, edited 2 times in total.
By late
#15080377
Finfinder wrote:
1) That guy could give a shit about what Mike Francesa opinion is.



2)Lighten up.



1) It's not about Mike. It's about Trump supporters having to confront his evil.

2) "Ugly American" is a stereotype depicting American citizens as exhibiting loud, arrogant, demeaning, thoughtless, ignorant, and ethnocentric behavior mainly abroad, but also at home" Wiki
User avatar
By Finfinder
#15080378
late wrote:1) It's not about Mike. It's about Trump supporters having to confront his evil.

2) "Ugly American" is a stereotype depicting American citizens as exhibiting loud, arrogant, demeaning, thoughtless, ignorant, and ethnocentric behavior mainly abroad, but also at home" Wiki


You see this where you are wrong its Americans dealing with this. You are the one dividing and taking a side just for your thirst for political power. You are the one making posts trying to gaslight that Republicans don't care about people and liberals are good. Sorry but I'll pass on your brand of virtue signaling I'm not buying it.
By late
#15080389
Finfinder wrote:
You see this where you are wrong its Americans dealing with this. You are the one dividing and taking a side just for your thirst for political power. You are the one making posts trying to gaslight that Republicans don't care about people and liberals are good.



They say turn around is fair play.

But I had no idea it could ever get that silly.

We are in this position because Trump didn't like some disease messing with his plans. IOW, he decided to let Americans die because it wasn't convenient for him.
User avatar
By Finfinder
#15080402
late wrote:They say turn around is fair play.

But I had no idea it could ever get that silly.

We are in this position because Trump didn't like some disease messing with his plans. IOW, he decided to let Americans die because it wasn't convenient for him.


Fortunately the facts and the majority of the public are not buying crap like this, and are not on your side. The polls have increased for Trump across the board even increases in Democrats supporting Trump.

Your gas-lighting isn't working and everybody see clearly what you are trying to do.
By late
#15080435
Finfinder wrote:
Fortunately the facts and the majority of the public are not buying crap like this, and are not on your side. The polls have increased for Trump across the board even increases in Democrats supporting Trump.




"But when you look beyond day-to-day events — which Trump often struggles to do — you see that he is creating the conditions for a miserable summer and fall, with extended virus outbreaks and a deeper recession. The summer and fall, of course, are the crux of the presidential campaign.

But the number of American infections is now rising uniquely fast, with 96,000 new cases in the last week — more than twice as many as in any seven-day period in any other country.

This surge doesn’t cause only more short-term deaths and overwhelmed hospitals. It also leads to more cases in later months, by creating a larger group of infected people who can spread the virus to others. As Tom Frieden, a former head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told me, “The higher the peak, the longer it lasts.”

And the longer that the country is gripped by the virus, the deeper that the economic downturn will be. Austan Goolsbee, a University of Chicago professor, refers to this as the first rule of “virus economics” "

While you know full well the Dems are certain to saturate TV time with ads pointing out Trump's failures, the nail in the coffin is that people that voted for Trump will feel disappointed or betrayed. And with good reason..


https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/opinion/trump-coronavirus-election.html
User avatar
By annatar1914
#15080444
late wrote:"But when you look beyond day-to-day events — which Trump often struggles to do — you see that he is creating the conditions for a miserable summer and fall, with extended virus outbreaks and a deeper recession. The summer and fall, of course, are the crux of the presidential campaign.

But the number of American infections is now rising uniquely fast, with 96,000 new cases in the last week — more than twice as many as in any seven-day period in any other country.

This surge doesn’t cause only more short-term deaths and overwhelmed hospitals. It also leads to more cases in later months, by creating a larger group of infected people who can spread the virus to others. As Tom Frieden, a former head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told me, “The higher the peak, the longer it lasts.”

And the longer that the country is gripped by the virus, the deeper that the economic downturn will be. Austan Goolsbee, a University of Chicago professor, refers to this as the first rule of “virus economics” "

While you know full well the Dems are certain to saturate TV time with ads pointing out Trump's failures, the nail in the coffin is that people that voted for Trump will feel disappointed or betrayed. And with good reason..


https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/opinion/trump-coronavirus-election.html


You're not fooling anyone. You're getting a boner at the prospect of what you're describing, for you that is your hopeful outcome.
By late
#15080448
annatar1914 wrote:
You're not fooling anyone. You're getting a boner at the prospect of what you're describing, for you that is your hopeful outcome.



Hardly.

There was a reform movement spearheaded by Docs to improve our ability to handle pandemics.

If you were an intellectual, back in the 90s, this was everywhere. We didn't do much. I've been expecting this.

I am in my late 60s, I have lung issues, and because of the cancer, I'm not as healthy as I used to be. I've told you this before. Slow learner, I guess.

I think I have a mild case of the Corona virus right now, I haven't stepped outside in a week.

I am not a happy camper...

You have a real talent for getting things backwards. Inverse retrograde, to be precise...
User avatar
By annatar1914
#15080455
late wrote:Hardly.

There was a reform movement spearheaded by Docs to improve our ability to handle pandemics.

If you were an intellectual, back in the 90s, this was everywhere. We didn't do much. I've been expecting this.

I am in my late 60s, I have lung issues, and because of the cancer, I'm not as healthy as I used to be. I've told you this before. Slow learner, I guess.

I think I have a mild case of the Corona virus right now, I haven't stepped outside in a week.

I am not a happy camper...

You have a real talent for getting things backwards. Inverse retrograde, to be precise...


Not really. You've found, like most people, some object or person(s) upon which to vent your spleen.

:lol: more stupidity from Hindsite. Take your […]

Well, @Drlee , you have to remember the mentalit[…]

https://i1.wp.com/see.news/wp-co[…]

Yeah we got rid of polio, but are vaccines worth i[…]