Election 2020 - Page 90 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By Hindsite
#15081351
late wrote:He can't read anything of substance. Even his allies complain about having to dumb things down. His temper tantrums suggest a transition into serious cognitive decline. He routinely gets things wrong, and then lies about it, as if that would work. When he talks, his vocabulary and sentence structure are close to what a grade school child could produce. He's being coached, they try and train him on what to say every time. It never really works, does it.

But the killer is just how nightmarishly bad his handling of the Corona crisis has been.

And when I say killer, I am being entirely literal.

I completely disagree. All your complaints are just left-wing partisan nonsense. Normal people want him to say and read only those things he believes and in a way that most people can easily understand, even a grade school child. I have yet to see these so-called temper tantrums that suggest a transition into serious cognitive decline. His cognitive ability of thinking, reasoning, and remembering have served him very well as president and his cognitive ability is certainly much better than Joe Biden's. Trump is much better without prepared text than Joe Biden, who has a hard time speaking a coherent thought.

The left-wing media are always trying to pick apart everything he says so they can say he was wrong and lying, so I don't take that criticism seriously.
By SolarCross
#15081356
I wonder if Trump Derangement Syndrome can be understood as a kind of inverted cult of personality? Libtard fanatics, for having ant-like personalities, are prone to cults of personality but what happens to libtard fanatics when they don't get the Dear Leader that is aligned with their ideology? Surely they will reject this alien Dear Leader as fanatically as they would be slavishy devoted to one that was correctly aligned with their ideology. There is no room for indifference in the tiny mind of the prig fanatic.
By Pants-of-dog
#15081358
I think Trump can still win the next election.

He just has to recreate the results of 2016, and can win again with the same minority of votes.

And it seems like the same minority of people still support him despite his incredibly awful handling of the Coronavirus.
By SolarCross
#15081363
Pants-of-dog wrote:I think Trump can still win the next election.

He just has to recreate the results of 2016, and can win again with the same minority of votes.

And it seems like the same minority of people still support him despite his incredibly awful handling of the Coronavirus.

The US is a federation of states and a democratic republic. There is no Dear Leader like Kim Jong Un to take the credit for everything. There is separation of powers, and distribution of powers and responsibilities. You can't expect the US to be like the DPRK, it is just not how it works over there and that is a good thing too.
By Pants-of-dog
#15081369
No one cares about that strawman. Back to the topic:

The only thing that I can see that might tip it in the Democrats’ favour would be a relaxing of voterID and mail in voting laws due to the Coronavirus. If that happened, Republican efforts to disenfranchise Democrat voters would not work as effectively.
By SolarCross
#15081373
Pants-of-dog wrote:No one cares about that strawman. Back to the topic:

The only thing that I can see that might tip it in the Democrats’ favour would be a relaxing of voterID and mail in voting laws due to the Coronavirus. If that happened, Republican efforts to disenfranchise Democrat voters would not work as effectively.

You mean allowing voter fraud by giving non-nationals a vote. lol.
By Pants-of-dog
#15081378
SolarCross wrote:You mean allowing voter fraud by giving non-nationals a vote. lol.


We both know you will never support this claim with evidence.

But since you essentially agree with me, this is unimportant.
By late
#15081385
SolarCross wrote:
I wonder if Trump Derangement Syndrome can be understood as a kind of inverted cult of personality?



Rubber and glue from the Cult.

Cool.
By SolarCross
#15081395
late wrote:Rubber and glue from the Cult.

Cool.

Is the US still viable if half the country lose their shit over the other team getting their man elected? What if the US split up into two federations one for the Democrats and the other for the Republicans? Would that make you happy?
By late
#15081399
SolarCross wrote:
Is the US still viable if half the country lose their shit over the other team getting their man elected?



You mean Obama Derangement Syndrome.
By SolarCross
#15081402
late wrote:You mean Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Okay, let's say the conservatives have their own version of TDS, so you are each as bad as the other. Would a solution be to split the US up into two different federations? If libtards can't tolerate conservatives and conservatives can't tolerate libtards why stay in the same union?
User avatar
By Drlee
#15081403
Is the US still viable if half the country lose their shit over the other team getting their man elected? What if the US split up into two federations one for the Democrats and the other for the Republicans? Would that make you happy?


That would be great. Let's do it geographically. The blue states keep their stuff and the red ones theirs. Of course the blue states would be far wealthier but at least the red states could keep their dumbed down schools, medieval laws and substandard pay.

The ability of Trump supporters to ignore evidence is not surprising. It takes a certain amount of intelligence to understand obscure evidence like...you know....words.
By SolarCross
#15081404
Drlee wrote:That would be great. Let's do it geographically. The blue states keep their stuff and the red ones theirs. Of course the blue states would be far wealthier but at least the red states could keep their dumbed down schools, medieval laws and substandard pay.

The ability of Trump supporters to ignore evidence is not surprising. It takes a certain amount of intelligence to understand obscure evidence like...you know....words.

Well the red ones have Texas.. and the selling out of the rustbelt to Chinese slave plantations was at least part of the reason why their economies tanked. I guess China will have to give back those jobs now they unleashed coronavirus on the world so the rustbelt may continue to get less rusty in the longterm.

But you are not addressing my solution, if your two camps can't play nice with each other why not go your separate ways?

----------

EDIT: Actually this proposition merits its own thread so I started one here:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=178237
User avatar
By Hindsite
#15081509
Pants-of-dog wrote:No one cares about that strawman. Back to the topic:

The only thing that I can see that might tip it in the Democrats’ favour would be a relaxing of voterID and mail in voting laws due to the Coronavirus. If that happened, Republican efforts to disenfranchise Democrat voters would not work as effectively.

Yeah, because that would make it easier for the Democrats to cheat as they always do.

SolarCross wrote:You mean allowing voter fraud by giving non-nationals a vote. lol.

They already do that as much as they can.
User avatar
By colliric
#15081517


This is why I like Jimmy Dore. I like passionate genuine progressive Democrats.
By late
#15082770
Hindsite wrote:
Yeah, because that would make it easier for the Democrats to cheat as they always do.



All lies, all the time...

Image
By Finfinder
#15082772
Drlee wrote:That would be great. Let's do it geographically. The blue states keep their stuff and the red ones theirs. Of course the blue states would be far wealthier but at least the red states could keep their dumbed down schools, medieval laws and substandard pay.

The ability of Trump supporters to ignore evidence is not surprising. It takes a certain amount of intelligence to understand obscure evidence like...you know....words.


It does take a certain amount of intelligence to fully understand that the Red States could starve you out of existence at their will.
By late
#15082774
Finfinder wrote:
It does take a certain amount of intelligence to fully understand that the Red States could starve you out of existence at their will.



We import over half our food. Of the remaining half, roughly 13% comes from Cal, and another few percent from local farms.

So food would get a little more expensive, but imports would ramp up, as would Cal and local farms.

A lot of Red states already have a lot of food insecurity, this would just make that worse because it doesn't take a big loss of revenue to kill off a farm (damaging the state economy, reducing tax income and thus help for the poor).
User avatar
By Trajan
#15082776
Born in 1941 the year America entered the second world war. The 50's was his decade and then university and early woriking life in lock step with some of the most pivotal moments in domestic American history. And involved in all of them the civil rights movement the anti-war protests and supported the veterans when they returned. Was a hard working man moved to Vermont in search of a laid back country life spoke up when he saw injustice, then won election to be Mayor of his town then ran for congress won a seat. Sounds like a great fella I got to say I didn't know a whole lot about him until 10 minutes ago. But jeez anyone that picks the farm over the condo gets my vote don't care what side he butters his toast on. Good luck to you Mr Sanders and don't belittle your legacy as a running mate for Biden.
  • 1
  • 88
  • 89
  • 90
  • 91
  • 92
  • 153
Now reading

I enjoy audio books. I guess I am pre-zoned out.

Election 2020

New York is going to get him on either Tax Fraud o[…]

So yesterday Florida set a new record with 15,000 […]

Perhaps I am reading this incorrectly, but it seem[…]