Why has the public health establishment discouraged people from wearing masks? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Donna wrote:Sometimes a noble lie must be told to the plebs.

Yes, but that's why they have no credibility left.

Pants-of-dog wrote:There is a limited number of N95 masks. Do you agree or disagree?

Of course. Instead of lying, commandeer the masks and the production of the masks. Then you have resources and credibility at the same time. Lying only serves to undermine credibility.

This is why so many people don't believe global warming rhetoric.
How do we judge if a mask is disposable? I am using CVS “procedural face masks” which “filters out dust, bacteria, smoke & pollen,” which I bought several months ago to counter the smoke from California brush fires.

Although marked as “single use only” I have washed and reused a mask several times and it seems to have held up. Perhaps “single use” is a term intended to guarantee more mask sales.

I may buy more sturdy and snug-looking masks, but I am waiting for the price to drop below $10 each.

If gloves are useless, why are medical facilities requiring reporters to put on gloves before they enter? Given that medical authorities have reversed themselves on masks, maybe they will reverse themselves on gloves. I notice that some grocery store clerks are also wearing gloves.
As for gloves I guess you could buy reusable gloves for cleaning the floor / dishes. The advantage would be those can be washed and reused many times. It is also questionable whether viruses are able to stick on the surface of such gloves. But your skin could get irritated severely if you wore them regularly for long periods.

I wouldn't waste money on buying N95 masks. Just use simple cloth face masks, wash them regularly and keep distance to other people.
They aren’t recommended in the uk for various reasons.
They give people a false sense of security. Even when worn properly, they don’t give much prote
They often aren’t worn properly. Most people continuously pull them down so they can breathe, or wear them just over their mouths and not their noses, which make wearing them pointless and also dangerous, as it means these people are constantly touching their faces.
Nobody’s stopping anyone wearing one if they wish, but nobody should be fooled into thinking they’re protected
The other type of medical mask, which gives the best protection, is impossible to wear for very long.

My lovely niece is working as a covid nurse for the NHS and risking her life for 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Her two little boys have gone to stay with their father so she can self isolate while at home.

She knows more than you do.

You need to shut the fuck up with all this nonsense of yours, sivad. Better be thought a fool than keep posting this drivel and prove it
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

[quote='ate"]Whatever you're using, I want[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]

There is, or at least used to be, a Royalist Part[…]