" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Page 83 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15082540
Rancid wrote:Those things were horrible even in those days. There's no shortage of shit we've done much more recently that is also horrible. All governments do nasty shit, not just in the past, but today. They will also continue to do so into the future. Doesn't matter how you choose to judge it.

MAN is an imperfect beast. And we evolved in tribes. And if I do not belong to your tribe I must be evil and wiped out. This is how MAN operates.

I'm a centrist: I hold some conservative views and some liberal views.

But I'm more afraid of talking to my liberal friends about my conservative views than I am talking to my conservative friends about my liberal views.
#15082542
Julian658 wrote: MAN is an imperfect beast. And we evolved in tribes. And if I do not belong to your tribe I must be evil and wiped out. This is how MAN operates.


ok, and governments are extensions of man's will. Hence, governments can do horrible shit too. It all lines up, so we agree.

Julian658 wrote:But I'm more afraid of talking to my liberal friends about my conservative views than I am talking to my conservative friends about my liberal views.

I don't have such fears either way.
#15082544
I'm genuinely afraid of Yakubians because the vast majority of terrorists are honkeys. They are also likely infected with Covid because they hate human life and want to infect people, so they catch it on purpose. Yakubians are a drain on society and I am tired of my dollars going to social programs that enable their violent and indolent "culture" of doing meth in trailers.
#15082546
SpecialOlympian wrote:I'm genuinely afraid of Yakubians because the vast majority of terrorists are honkeys. They are also likely infected with Covid because they hate human life and want to infect people, so they catch it on purpose. Yakubians are a drain on society and I am tired of my dollars going to social programs that enable their violent and indolent "culture" of doing meth in trailers.



After reading that I need go watch some Tony Robbins. That virtue signaling cut to my soul. Paging Dr Phil. :lol:
#15082556
Julian658 wrote:The Dems were saying Trump caused the Corona virus outbreak. That was the hoax! The Dems want people to believe that Trump said the virus is a hoax. There is a difference and they know it.

I stand corrected. Donald has been providing stellar/inspirational leadership from the start. All one has to do is read his comments: 'I don't take responsibility at all', On February 28, Trump said that coronavirus will “disappear” like a “miracle” , Trump told Fox viewers that the death rate was low— a “fraction of 1 percent” — based on his “hunch.” And too much more to waste any more time with...….

This guy is way inspirational ……. awesome.
#15082561
jimjam wrote:I stand corrected. Donald has been providing stellar/inspirational leadership from the start. All one has to do is read his comments: 'I don't take responsibility at all', On February 28, Trump said that coronavirus will “disappear” like a “miracle” , Trump told Fox viewers that the death rate was low— a “fraction of 1 percent” — based on his “hunch.” And too much more to waste any more time with...….

This guy is way inspirational ……. awesome.


Trump said exactly what the liberal media and even Dr. Fauci had said. He was unconcerned and hopeful.
#15082564
Finfinder wrote:After reading that I need go watch some Tony Robbins. That virtue signaling cut to my soul. Paging Dr Phil. :lol:


The way this sentence is written it's pretty clear you don't understand what virtue signalling is, even as it's used in the context of the alt-right and other sociopaths who use it to say "anyone who cares about stuff is wrong I'm a hard man making the hard decisions (to yell at black people on the internet)."

But the rest of the sentence doesn't make any sense either. I have no idea what you were trying to convey. Tony Robbins and Dr. Phil? What?
#15082567
SpecialOlympian wrote:The way this sentence is written it's pretty clear you don't understand what virtue signalling is, even as it's used in the context of the alt-right and other sociopaths who use it to say "anyone who cares about stuff is wrong I'm a hard man making the hard decisions (to yell at black people on the internet)."

But the rest of the sentence doesn't make any sense either. I have no idea what you were trying to convey. Tony Robbins and Dr. Phil? What?


I think you know exactly what it meant or you wouldn't be so triggered right now. :lol: I thought you were a white guy who is a Wall Street stock broker. You are making a killing right now, rock on you'd think your sense of humor might be a little more open. :lol:
#15082575
Atlantis wrote:Banning flights from China was blind activism that had no positive effect whatsoever. Italy made the same mistake with the same result.

Genetic sequencing shows that the US imported more of an early version of the virus than Europe. In other words, the virus was imported into the US in early January - long before the flight ban was imposed. Moreover, banning flights from one country while allowing flights from other countries that also have the virus is stupid.

The WHO rightly advised against flight bans because it interrupts the international supply chain, including medical supplies. The Chinese are again doing the right thing by limiting travel to essential travel. Everybody who absolutely wants to travel goes into a 14-day quarantine.

The effect of the travel ban was to satisfy xenophobic sentiments and to create a sense of complacency that allowed the virus to spread out of control in Italy and the US.

That is what has to happen when you replace reason by populist gut feeling as the guiding principle of government. America was screwed the moment it elected an immature man-child into government.

cc @Hindsite

If you wish to blame someone for America's coronavirus response, then I believe it should start with Democrat Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York. They have most of the problem there, but the first known case was clear across the country in Washington state. Cuomo has done such a terrible job for his state that President Trump had to call in the military to help him out. Besides that, Cuomo has allowed the virus to spread out from his state because he did not take action and refused to quarantine his state at the President's suggestion and at the request of Florida's governor.
Last edited by Hindsite on 07 Apr 2020 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
#15082577
If you wish to blame someone for America's coronavirus response, then I believe it should start with Democrat Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York.


Because he is America's elected leader? :roll:


They have most of the problem there, but the first known case was clear across the country in Washington state. Cuomo has done such a terrible job for his state that President Trump had to call in the military to help him out.


:lol:


Beside that, Cuomo has allowed the virus to spread out from his state because he did not take action and refused to quarantine his state at the President's suggestion.


:lol:

So tell me Hindsite. Why hasn't Trump ordered quarantines? He has the authority. Or is it better for him to just stand on the sidelines and blame everyone but himself?
#15082578
Drlee wrote:So tell me Hindsite. Why hasn't Trump ordered quarantines? He has the authority. Or is it better for him to just stand on the sidelines and blame everyone but himself?

President Trump believes in state's rights under our Constitution, Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation
#15082580
late wrote:Trump believes in Trump.

If he actually did his job, that would piss off the only people that like him, the Cult.

President Trump has been doing his job. We would have been able to open up the economy by Easter like Trump said, if Governor Cuomo had done his job in New York to control the virus.
#15082585
@Hindsite "President Trump believes in state's rights under our Constitution....."

Actually this is laughable. Care to tell me, if he believes in states rights, why he sued to stop California from having its own auto emission and mileage standards? Care to tell me why he sued to stop Arizona from regulating a mine?

The fact is that Trump does not believe in state's rights at all. You kind and lovely person.
#15082596
Hindsite wrote:
We would have been able to open up the economy by Easter like Trump said, if Governor Cuomo had done his job in New York to control the virus.



We still don't have a national lockdown. Which is not something Cuomo could do. Cuomo didn't ignore quarantine procedures for long enough to spread the virus here. Cuomo didn't kill the NSC pandemic team. Cuomo didn't say it was a hoax, or any of the several other lies. Cuomo didn't screw up the handling of the emergency stockpile.

[mod edit: @late , please do not say members lie. Prosthetic Conscience.]
#15082598
Crantag wrote:Yeah, except then you have to live on an island.

Having lived in both China and Japan, it's a funny thing, but I don't like living on an island really. I like living on a continent and reasonably close to the ocean.


I lived in Japan (15 years) and regularly visited most countries in the Asia Pacific region on business, including Korea, Taiwan, the PRC, Hong Kong, Singapore. In the end we decided to return to Europe, but I could have stayed for good in Japan or the PRC. Obviously, I don't like the totalitarian regime, but as long as you weren't political, you could do pretty much what you wanted. People who think that Japan or Singapore have a Western-style democracy don't know what they are talking about. Japan de facto has a one-party rule with a guided press, where peer pressure prevents critical analysis. A Japanese soiling the nest has the choice between external or internal exile.

The PRC definitely is a better choice than Taiwan, Hong Kong or Singapore.
  • 1
  • 81
  • 82
  • 83
  • 84
  • 85
  • 162

You think people who don't subscribe to your narr[…]

Stockholm syndrome, Xog. Named after a failed ban[…]

Election 2020

Even Trump is not so crazy. He's not. I am cri[…]

Libyan civil war

Your words are at least delusional and show your […]