China's Wuhan shuts down transport as global alarm mounts over virus spread - Page 115 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15082641
Hindsite wrote:You clearly have a bad case of Trump derangement syndrome if you actually believe all that nonsense you wrote.
That's called 'gaslighting', and it's a poor tactic to employ when you are incapable of making an argument to dispute what he says.

Please, demonstrate Trump's empathy and sympathy to us. Make an argument, and present some situations where Trump has been emotional, in response to people's pain or suffering. This should not be difficult, if it's as true as you say it is.

Is throwing paper towels to hurricane victims your idea of empathy?
#15082644
Godstud wrote:That's called 'gaslighting', and it's a poor tactic to employ when you are incapable of making an argument to dispute what he says.

Please, demonstrate Trump's empathy and sympathy to us. Make an argument, and present some situations where Trump has been emotional, in response to people's pain or suffering. This should not be difficult, if it's as true as you say it is.

I have seen Trump's empathy and sympathy for myself and feel no need to spend time making arguments and presenting the situations to prove something that Trump haters, like you, would not accept anyway.
HalleluYah
#15082648
Godstud wrote:I accept facts, and the reality that you cannot present any to support your statement. Of course, I expect no less from a person who cannot accept any criticism, whatsoever, of his false-god.

You admitted that you are an atheist. I believe in the true creator God.
Hallelu YaH
#15082650
Hindsite wrote:You admitted that you are an atheist. I believe in the true creator God.
Yes, I am. I am a heathen! I don't worship a politician though, so even if I'm an atheist, I am breaking less Christian rules than you are... like Idolatry. :p
#15082680
Godstud wrote:Worship myself? Who do you think I am, Donald Trump?


On the other hand, he often relates his admiration of Donald Trump to his religious devotion. To me this is idolatry.

Taking a step back, even if Trump is indeed sent by God to punish the world, one should avoid taking it as a point of argument because it is incredibly hard to prove (I believe God does not allow us mortals to question His authority that way)
#15082755
Trump was briefed about the pandemic in November

I have started this thread Jan. 22nd and consistently warned about the danger ever since. The Trump administration knew about this since November and did absolutely nothing.

US intelligence warned in November that coronavirus spreading in China could be 'cataclysmic event': report

U.S. intelligence officials warned last November that the coronavirus spreading in China’s Wuhan region could become a “cataclysmic event,” ABC News reported Wednesday.

The military’s National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI) documented concerns about the initial stages of the pandemic in an intelligence report, two officials familiar with the document told ABC News, which added that the document highlighted how the virus was disrupting life and business and threatened the population in the area.

Intelligence was reportedly obtained through wire and computer intercepts along with satellite images showing the new disease was not under control in China.

The report highlights that officials had knowledge to begin acting against the coronavirus months before it struck the U.S., ABC News noted.

"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources told the network, who added that the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House were briefed "multiple times."

After the NCMI report, policy makers, decision-makers and the National Security Council at the White House were repeatedly briefed on the issue, a source added.

The coronavirus first appeared in the President’s Daily Brief of intelligence matters in early January, according to ABC News.

Those who worked on presidential briefings in Republican and Democratic administrations said the initial concerns would have gone through weeks of vetting and analysis before appearing in the daily brief.

"The timeline of the intel side of this may be further back than we’re discussing," a source said of preliminary reports from Wuhan, the initial epicenter of the outbreak in China.

"But this was definitely being briefed beginning at the end of November as something the military needed to take a posture on."

The Trump administration has repeatedly said it could not have prepared for the pandemic, but the president’s critics have said the administration should have done more.

As of Wednesday morning, almost 400,000 Americans have tested positive for the virus, with at least 12,911 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

The Pentagon and the White House National Security Council did not immediately return requests to comment on the ABC News report.
#15082759
Atlantis wrote:Trump was briefed about the pandemic in November

I have started this thread Jan. 22nd and consistently warned about the danger ever since. The Trump administration knew about this since November and did absolutely nothing.

US intelligence warned in November that coronavirus spreading in China could be 'cataclysmic event': report



The great commander and chief is better at administration of this enormous problem because he is the best asshole prez 45 the world has ever known....with him in charge? The sky is the limit for the amount of people who are going to die in the USA. He will let everyone know who is charge and then blame everyone else for bad decisions he made like a toddler. He is such a macho man @Atlantis !





But, the USA is the best in the world and they are arrogant in that belief. No little virus is going to expose how disorganized and ineffective at a federal response the Trump administration is! They believe they are NUMBER ONE. Lol. Arrogant sons of bitches they are! They are going to kill thousands of their own people in their arrogance.
#15082762
Rancid wrote:Doesn't matter how much Trump screws up, he's getting re-elected.

I will bet 100 kola nuts with any of you, right now.


I think he might too. Because right now absentee balloting is going down. All the poll workers are viejos that don't want to catch coronavirus. So? He will be an unelected dictator Rancid. Enjoy that man. You know you want him in charge of post pandemic America. And martial law and eventually firing squads killing Trump dissenters in the public square.

Meanwhile they are selling testing kits for corona here finally for $25. Lol.
#15082763
@Rancid Doesn't matter how much Trump screws up, he's getting re-elected.

I will bet 100 kola nuts with any of you, right now.


I would not take this bet. Depending on how this pandemic plays out I think he is a shoo in.

One caveat. If the democrats run on how he screwed this up by just playing tapes of what Trump said over and over again rather than their usual pandering to every identity group out there they will win big. They won't though. They will run ads showing Latino trans lesbian vegan Greenpeace members petting whales, and they will loose.
#15082767
Tainari88 wrote:Rancid. Enjoy that man. You know you want him in charge of post pandemic America. And martial law and eventually firing squads killing Trump dissenters in the public square.


I would try to become a refugee into Europe (or Canada). Hopefully my skills and the fact that I can verify my great grand father was a French citizen would get me a leg up.

Drlee wrote:One caveat. If the democrats run on how he screwed this up by just playing tapes of what Trump said over and over again rather than their usual pandering to every identity group out there they will win big. They won't though. They will run ads showing Latino trans lesbian vegan Greenpeace members petting whales, and they will loose


True
#15082790
Drlee wrote:All too true.


I will disagree. Both sides have idiocy like this, it is just that the Republican side is shouting harder about it. It is not like the alt-right are not producing the same effect. Republicans are just shouting harder about it, trying to hide the problems and in general are better at dealing with this bs on their side a bit. So basically the democrats are not doing something catastrophically bad, the problem is that they don't know how to deal with it compared to the Rs.
#15082796
Tainari88 wrote:The great commander and chief is better at administration of this enormous problem because he is the best asshole prez 45 the world has ever known....with him in charge? The sky is the limit for the amount of people who are going to die in the USA. He will let everyone know who is charge and then blame everyone else for bad decisions he made like a toddler. He is such a macho man


Mass graves in New York, in the richest city in the most powerful country in the world. Posterity will continue to study forever how Trump was able to mismanage the pandemic. It defies comprehension, and yet it is crystal clear in view of Trump's personality.



@Sivad, is it deadly enough now or do you want more corpses?
#15082823
Trump won the primary because the base was sick of technocrats and elites. Then the Democrats thought Hillary could just ride Obama's coattails into office. Michael Moore predicted her loss saying demos would vote for her but without enthusiasm, which means they won't push their friends to vote for her and she lost the electoral college.
  • 1
  • 113
  • 114
  • 115
  • 116
  • 117
  • 136

Covid has exposed America as a failed state is a[…]

Eh Rich, you're 4 years late. There's a couple o[…]

Am I racist in your opinion?

@layman , you can hate the bl**dy French all day […]

Probably not a good idea.