If you want to become a dictator - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
You need to get rid of anyone that could challenge you in any way. The attack on Obama, real subtle...

But you have to pay attention to the details. The devil is in there.

"Democratic lawmakers condemned Linick’s removal, with Eliot Engel, the Democratic chairman of the House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee, suggesting it was connected to a probe that the inspector general had opened into Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

“I have learned that the Office of the Inspector General had opened an investigation into Secretary Pompeo,” Engel said in a statement. Pelosi described Linick’s ousting as an acceleration of a “dangerous pattern of retaliation” from Trump.

Last month, Republican President Trump removed a top coronavirus watchdog, Glenn Fine, who was to oversee the government’s COVID-19 financial relief response.

Earlier in May, Trump ousted Christi Grimm, who led the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General (OIG) after accusing her of having produced a “fake dossier” on American hospitals suffering shortages on the frontlines of the coronavirus outbreak.

In April, the president notified Congress that he was firing the inspector general of the U.S. intelligence community, Michael Atkinson, who was involved in triggering an impeachment probe of Trump last year."

He's turning the government into a criminal organisation, one lackey at a time.

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-trump-inspectorgeneral/trump-fires-state-department-inspector-general-in-latest-broadside-against-watchdogs-idUSKBN22S0A1
Atlantis wrote:If you want to become a dictator, you would have to cancel the next election or at least find a way of manipulating the outcome.

Any smart advice for Trump out there?

Don't worry. The Democrats are already doing everything they can to help him.
"Amid outcry from Democratic lawmakers over Linick's firing, Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley noted in a Saturday statement that the President must provide Congress with written justification for removing inspectors general and said, "a general lack of confidence simply is not sufficient detail to satisfy Congress."
The Iowa Republican added that inspectors general "are crucial in correcting government failures and promoting the accountability that the American people deserve."
Later on Saturday, Sen. Mitt Romney — the only GOP senator who voted to convict Trump of abuse of power — strongly condemned the firings. "The firings of multiple Inspectors General is unprecedented; doing so without good cause chills the independence essential to their purpose. It is a threat to accountable democracy and a fissure in the constitutional balance of power," the Utah Republican tweeted.

The President's thirst for retaliation shows no signs of abating."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/16/politics/trump-inspector-general-revenge/index.html
Firing inspectors general is within Trump's discretionary powers. It doesn't require an emergency. So there is nothing unprecedented about it. By contrast, ordering automakers to make ventilators is using dictatorial powers, and you seem to champion that. Why do you want Trump to use dictatorial powers, and then criticize his exercise of discretionary powers as though it were dictatorial?
blackjack21 wrote:
Firing inspectors general is within Trump's discretionary powers. It doesn't require an emergency. So there is nothing unprecedented about it.

By contrast, ordering automakers to make ventilators is using dictatorial powers, and you seem to champion that. Why do you want Trump to use dictatorial powers, and then criticize his exercise of discretionary powers as though it were dictatorial?

You write fiction, it's pretty much all you do now.

Trump is, a piece at a time, destroying the checks and balances that make the government work, and keep us from autocracy.
Saeko wrote:Don't worry. The Democrats are already doing everything they can to help him.

As if it wasn't clear enough that both parties are being funded by the same type of crowd. :)

Obviously a lot of people were growing tired of how things were going, so they had to do something about it. A gap needed to be filled. They had to have an ''anti-establishment'' guy to please a large segment of society. They needed an ''outsider''. They've managed to keep the neocon/neoliberal order alive by bringing in a showbiz guy to play this based populist, who pretends to drain the swamp and will own an annoying journalist in this controlled environment from time to time.
late wrote:Trump is, a piece at a time, destroying the checks and balances that make the government work, and keep us from autocracy.

Tell that to governor Whitmer or the mayor of Los Angeles.

Speaking of dictators, how about we contact trace everyone and remove those with COVID-19 from their homes and then... blame Trump?
The first thing that makes a dictator possible is a considerable or even majority of people being generally dumb, ignorant or overly proud, that they are capable to let pride to go over their head, while the more righteous portion of the population being ignorant or unrepentant to face their mistakes or arrogance.

The United States of American might have the former part true, but it still takes the latter part to make it happen. It takes two to tango.

Do not overestimate Trump, but do not underestimate how some anti-Trumper's attitude actually pushed people over the other side either. Although with the Wuhan Pneumonia epidemic ravaging the United States economy anti-Trumpers have good reasons to feel a lot safer. Even I, who want an American government hostile or even aggressive against China (and against Russia in that matter), expect Biden to win a landslide this time.
Patrickov wrote:Even I, who want an American government hostile or even aggressive against China (and against Russia in that matter), expect Biden to win a landslide this time.

I wouldn't count on it. Democratic governors and mayors around the country are beginning to face court challenges now. The Wisconsin high court overturned the state's lockdown orders. A judge in Oregon also declared the governor's lockdown order null and void. The mayor of Los Angeles says people can go to the beach on the wet sand, but not the dry sand. It frankly makes no sense. People are just beginning to ignore the orders now. I don't think working class voters are going to be grateful for being made unemployed and bankrupt.
Yeah, Americans are too stupid, @Patrickov to vote for their own self-interest. They'll vote in Trump again, even though he's the establishment that they wanted to fight in the first place.
Godstud wrote:Yeah, Americans are too stupid, @Patrickov to vote for their own self-interest. They'll vote in Trump again, even though he's the establishment that they wanted to fight in the first place.

If Biden and Trump are both establishment figures without a dime's worth of difference between them, why do you people loath Trump so much? I think voting for him just to piss you off is a viable enough reason to like him. After all, that has been my stated intention for essentially four years now.
Trump has proven that he's a dementia-ridden narcissist who lacks empathy, and any leaderships skills, whatsoever.
Godstud wrote:Trump has proven that he's a dementia-ridden narcissist who lacks empathy, and any leaderships skills, whatsoever.

Cool. It should drive you nuts that he's going to win again. After all, he's running against Joe Biden.
:lol: I am not an American, thank goodness. My sanity will not be affected if dumb Americans vote him in. I just pity fools, like you, who think Trump is dismantling ANYTHING. People who only like Trump for the problems he causes, are just assholes.

I do feel sorry for all Americans because they have only two very poor choices for the 2020 election. Biden may be a bad choice, but Trump, for another term, is an even worse one.
blackjack21 wrote:Cool. It should drive you nuts that he's going to win again. After all, he's running against Joe Biden.

Relampaguito you don't know what the hell will happen this election year. It is a bad scene for those two losers in my book.

Anyway, you never answered me about if the two party system exploded and you can pitch your solution to the Yankeeland mess? What would it be BJ?

Nationalist order and so on? Rugged individualistic capitalism and the lack of corazon you have as the solution?

I wish you would paint a picture for me of your ideal American society post Trump or Biden, or Post Dems/Reps political apocalypse. But you don't!

Give me a Relampaguito no spin zone and no lies idea of your solutions.

Vamos hombre! Tira la cubeta por la ventana ya!/ Come on my man, throw the pail out the window already!

Don't hide.

A tune to remind you not to hide!
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim that the IDF deliberately targeted human[…]

She's back. :D https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/s[…]

Mexicans are speculating that he might use them i[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I see USA has some kind of problem with the size o[…]