" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Page 160 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Wellsy wrote:China is an interesting beast with a state managed economy with private enterprise still a minority unlike any other nation in terms of public assets. It looks like they’re going to become a technological exporter over and above the current manufacturing center of the world they’ve become. US could still possibly economically diminish China but very true don’t see anyone really heading that way with Trump at the help as everyone is saying.

Like it or not, ultimately there is nothing to stop China. Obama started to contain the country by a number of trade deals that aimed to isolate China. Trump has undone that and maneuvered the US into a position of weakness just like he did with the Taliban, NK and Iran by some silly and vain posturing.

I think it's a mistake to try and isolate China. China should get developed nation status and fully integrate in the global economy. However, there should be a tit for tat; ie., any market limitations imposed on foreign companies in China should automatically result in similar market limitations for Chinese companies abroad. If it wasn't for Trump's unilateralism, there could be a broad coalition of countries rallying behind such measures.

I think we have seen peak-neoliberalism. In Europe and elsewhere, there is the feeling that there are limits to deregulation and privatization and that the state should take a greater role in the economy. Even if we don't go as far as the state-directed economy typical of China, there may be a middle ground where both can meet. Let's not forget, China is by no means unique in this respect. In Asia, the governments of Japan, Korea, Taiwan, etc., all have used industrial policies that function much like China's state-directed economy for building national champions. By using similar policies we can level the playing field by removing the unfair advantages China currently enjoys over market economies.

The Chinese are not invincible super-humans. We can compete with them if we drop the ideological blinkers and apply the right measures. Even if they enjoy certain advantages, they also have problems like corruption that will prove to be an obstacle in their ability to compete.

Anyways, the US-China rivalry can only have negative consequences.
Hindsite wrote:Trump is gaining weight and needs golfing for exercise

I'm surprised that you admitted that Fatso is now fatter but, then, he is starting to look like he is a human blimp. An excellent reason not to vote for him. "Golfing for exercise"? Tell your boy to get his fat ass out of the royal carriage and walk to the next hole :lol: : I'm 2 years older than trump and, yesterday. I jogged 2 miles under an 87 degree sun and sweat like a dog.
Hindsite wrote:Obama was just goofing off playing golf to get out of work. That is the big difference.
trump has no need to engage in such complex behavior to avoid work. He simply keeps his fat ass in bed for hours launching moronic twitter bombs for his moronic so called "base". Yesterday he informed us that Pelosi had bad false teeth. He would have played well with The Three (Four?) Stooges.
XogGyux wrote:He is impotent as far as China is concerned. He holds none of the leverage now, China does. China wants an economic surge, but Trump NEEDS it and needs it badly because he will likely lose if he doesn't have anything to show up for November.
He keeps shooting himself in the leg, every time he says or do anything is a bit worse than anything that came before it. Remember when the pussy-grabbing was a big thing? Escalated to hush money, then Russia collusion then blackmails of Ukraine and we are now in the territory of total economic collapse. There are not many worse things left for him to do, next few steps in this increasing ladder are war and/or collapse of democracy, both of which could happen.
China's leader is far more cunning and brilliant (even awful people can be smart) than our fat ball of butter that we call the president. China will see the opportunity to squeeze america's testicles in this asymmetric tug of power and unfortunately it will continue to advance every so slightly inching towards becoming the most influential superpower in the world.

Have you noticed that whenever trump pulls out of one or another international agreement/situation China quickly fills the void. Thanks to trump China is "winning".
jimjam wrote:I'm 2 years older than trump and, yesterday. I jogged 2 miles under an 87 degree sun and sweat like a dog.

Some people are not interested in being like a dog.

jimjam wrote:Yesterday he informed us that Pelosi had bad false teeth.

Only you Democrats didn't realize that.

Atlantis wrote:Image

President Trump is the Democrats worse nightmare.
Last edited by Hindsite on 26 May 2020 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
Hindsite wrote:Some people are not interested in being like a dog.

Only you Democrats didn't realize that.

They are content being parasitic, like Trump. More like a flea than anything else.
Drlee wrote:What is fun to imagine is that Trump followers actually lack the intellectual ability to understand this.

They don't lack it, this is a bit condescending. The truth is rather more sinister, they have the capacity and willfully ignore it.
jimjam wrote:Have you noticed that whenever trump pulls out of one or another international agreement/situation China quickly fills the void. Thanks to trump China is "winning".

No surprise here. If its not China it is Russia. With some luck is some other western country but so far that has not been the case. Germany, France and UK are dealing with their own bullshit as well.
Hindsite wrote:Some people are not interested in being like a dog.

"sweating" …… you left out the "sweating" part.

And some people, myself included, are not interested in being a fat slobbering idiot.

Hey! H.S. we did it …….. took political debate to a new high (for the trump era that is) :lol:
XogGyux wrote:No surprise here. If its not China it is Russia. With some luck is some other western country but so far that has not been the case. Germany, France and UK are dealing with their own bullshit as well.

China will not win with their tyrannical way. Some people here are simply being too lenient. Russia also has to deal with their shit so it is no winner either.

Other Asian countries, on the other hand, are probably able to make a lot of profit out of such times.
Atlantis wrote:There, fixed that for you.

Even twitter doesn't believe the president. He is going to be thrown into an existentialist crisis if he gets banned from twitter.

I really don't care what happens on twitter. I don't have an account there.
But whatever happens, I know I plan to vote for Donald Trump for President in November.
Patrickov wrote:China will not win with their tyrannical way. Some people here are simply being too lenient. Russia also has to deal with their shit so it is no winner either.

Other Asian countries, on the other hand, are probably able to make a lot of profit out of such times.

“Win” is a relative term, it implies some sort of final “permanent” form because we usually associate “win” with a finite time (e.g. competition).
I am not so worry for a “win” in that sense.
They can definitely gain more influence and global leverage as they have done so far and for the foreseeable future that is a threat. Wether this leads to any long-lasting effects that’s for us to witness, but I’d prefer if it does not, after all despite all shortcomings that the US as a [world] leader has, China would be far worse.
Atlantis wrote:There, fixed that for you.

If he's enabled to rise surely this is a bit more partisan than many would believe. Therefore, despite Member Hindsite's words having certain tendency of going against common sense, I think his description is closer to the truth, although I also agree that there might be a significant portion of Republicans who see Trump their worst nightmare too.
Anybody could have seen the warning. In fact, there were plenty of warnings even in this forum ever since Wuhan locked down January.

Trump could have seen the warning if he wasn't such a self-obsessed narcissist. People like Trump will never learn. Even now, he continues to ignore the warnings about the second wave which is bound to arrive if the US even contemplates ending the lockdown while daily new infections are at such a high level.

@Hindsite, how does it feel to be incorrigible?

No, Rancid, I think a lot of the people who voted[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]

@annatar1914 do not despair. Again, el amor pu[…]

I think we really have to ask ourselves what t[…]