African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 14 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15095280
Reiner Gracie explains what happens when the arteries and veins in the neck are compressed in a rear naked choke:



TL;DW: When the victim passes out from a blood choke, his eyes do not close, and his body does not go limp. He has difficulty breathing and pain throughout his body because of a lack of blood going to his diaphragm.
#15095286
As soon as our beloved president heard about the riots, he went to twitter to say that "both sides" have good people.

:lol: :lol:
Who am I trying to kid... he went up to threaten people "when the looting starts the shooting starts".

You gotta know that you are deeply morally corrupt when a multibillion corporation holds the moral high ground.
#15095288
@Godstud @JohnRawls

I personally understand why black people are angry. I personally lay the blame at Trump's feet for this whole mess. Everything starts with the leadership. The fish rots from the head. Trump incites and encourages violence. What kind of example has Trump set for others to follow with his actions and his current and past rhetoric? Has Trump sought to represent ALL Americans or has he sought to only represent rich white Americans and racist whites? What has Trump done for the black community? Where is Trump's humility as a leader?
#15095289
SpecialOlympian wrote:Oh wait, I figured it out: like any white supremacist, you have to turn a story about systemic white oppression into one about white people being attacked or meddled with by the mean black man. You have chosen to do this by crying crocodile tears over Obama's tepid ass statement. And you're doing a shit job of it because your internet poisoned brain doesn't know how to communicate with people who aren't online nazis.


Maz is what happens when someone stays in a far-right echo chamber for too long where everybody is constantly circle-jerking everyone else for holding the most outlandish opinions possible. He's so far up his own ass at this point that he can't even see that everyone outside of that circlejerk sees him as nothing more than the hateful, cringey autist that he is.

The circlejerk in question is most likely /pol/ going by his endless dick-riding of "The Rooftop Koreans".
#15095292
Politics_Observer wrote:@Godstud @JohnRawls

I personally understand why black people are angry. I personally lay the blame at Trump's feet for this whole mess. Everything starts with the leadership. The fish rots from the head. Trump incites and encourages violence. What kind of example has Trump set for others to follow with his actions and his current and past rhetoric? Has Trump sought to represent ALL Americans or has he sought to only represent rich white Americans and racist whites? What has Trump done for the black community? Where is Trump's humility as a leader?


Trump is far from being the best President ever, but this problem predates him. Even Obama had to deal with this, and there's not much the President can do under the Constitution beyond having the Justice Department filing lawsuits in Federal Courts.

But yes, his rhetoric was indeed reckless, and also nobody has requested him to send Federal troops to help either. You can be tough without being reckless, a good example of that is this
#15095293
@wat0n

If I was a governor I would just want Trump to keep his mouth shut and I would not dare ask for federal troops from Trump. The only thing I would permit is unarmed state national guard troops and the only thing they would have is tear gas only. That's it. Asking for help from Trump is foolish because all he would do is make a big problem worse than what it already is. National Guard would only serve as crowd control to help the police and the police would be the ones to enforce any needed curfews.
#15095294
Politics_Observer wrote:@wat0n

If I was a governor I would just want Trump to keep his mouth shut and I would not dare ask for federal troops from Trump. The only thing I would permit is unarmed state national guard troops and the only thing they would have is tear gas only. That's it. Asking for help from Trump is foolish because all he would do is make a big problem worse than what it already is. National Guard would only serve as crowd control to help the police and the police would be the ones to enforce any needed curfews.


That depends entirely on the crowd. But if you have civilians shooting civilians like in LA, tear gas won't cut it. What would happen instead is that you'd have to leave office, and quite plausibly face criminal prosecution for not doing whatever is necessary to restore order
#15095296


Godstud wrote::roll: @maz As soon as they burned down the police station it stopped being a "small insignificant local issue".


Obama's statement was about the killing, which at the time was a relatively insignificant incident at the time, not about the riots.

Obama even talked about the economy and even the stupid cronyvirus and never even mentioned the riots or the BURNING DOWN of a fucking POLICE STATION in his statement!

Unthinking Majority wrote:Small and insignificant local issue? It's causing nation-wide riots.


Obama waited until the passions were at their most high with the people to issue a statement, and he never once mentioned the riots.

Do you think it's possible that he didn't know the riots were even going on before he wrote his statement?

SpecialOlympian wrote:No, because you're framing this in the dumbest fucking way possible. He Tweeted it out 8 hours ago, after two days of rioting. What dumbassed racist reason do you have for trying to frame this as a story with no more reach than the 7 On Your Side consumer report segment of the local ABC affiliate?


His statement, at least the one that I read did not even mention the riots or the firebombing of the police station.

Saeko wrote:Maz is what happens when someone stays in a far-right echo chamber for too long where everybody is constantly circle-jerking everyone else for holding the most outlandish opinions possible. He's so far up his own ass at this point that he can't even see that everyone outside of that circlejerk sees him as nothing more than the hateful, cringey autist that he is.

The circlejerk in question is most likely /pol/ going by his endless dick-riding of "The Rooftop Koreans".


LOL what is you problem? I am against the killing of this black man. I condemn these police officers for crying out loud!
Last edited by maz on 30 May 2020 02:24, edited 1 time in total.
#15095298
I know you might not be able to get this thru your racist biased head, @maz, but maybe Obama didn't want to give any credit to rioters, or exacerbate an already tense situation. I know that is beyond your ken.
#15095300
Godstud wrote:When Erdogan condemns you, you know you have problems!


NEW: Minnesota prosecutor says video showing George Floyd's death is "terrible" but says there's "other evidence that does not support a criminal charge"
- And this is why there are riots.

Erdogan is obviously virtue signalling , to draw attention away from his own brutal authoritarian rule . I still remember how he stood idly by , while his own security detail roughed up protesters , right here in the U.S. https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/05/17/erdogans-thugs-violently-attack-protestors-in-washington-dc-n2327972
Now as to my opinion of the matter at hand , after reading about the circumstances , and seeing people's reactions to it , both here and on Facebook , I feel like I am living in the C.S.A. more so than the U.S.A.
Also I think that I know what side the conservatives would have taken regarding the Boston Massacre . Tories are Tories , no matter the time and place .
https://me.me/i/everyone-calm-down-yes-the-redcoats-shot-some-people-but-38d9f535960f4017b4cc0661036a1ee2 , https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/policing-the-colony-from-the-american-revolution-to-ferguson/ Could this be the start of the next American Revolution ? Never have the words of this song resonated with me .
Last edited by Deutschmania on 30 May 2020 02:48, edited 1 time in total.
#15095303
Zionist Nationalist wrote:They burn down alot of small business who will never recover from this and alot of them are owned by black people





If this is the same bar owner, there has already been $400,000 for that guy. That's up $200,000 from when I checked earlier. He's going to be alright.
#15095304
Donna wrote:He's trying to say that African-Americans are culturally backward. But JUST CULTURALLY. Not RACIALLY. IF IT WAS RACIALLY THAT WOULD BE RACIST.

It seems to be a trend for modern racists to use culture as a proxy.
https://cris.brighton.ac.uk/ws/portalfiles/portal/388738/Alain+de+Benoist+working+paper.pdf
Against globalisation, the New Right argues for the notion of ethno-pluralism. This concept signifies a move away from biological-racist thought, but substitutes it with the centrality of culture and identity. Biological notions of race are decidedly absent. De Benoist, for example, tries to break with conventional and colloquial definitions of race and racism as inequality and superiority (De Benoist 1999). Not all racisms, he writes, were defined via a belief in biological superiority. Many early liberal ‘theories’ of race instead postulated racial difference and superiority based upon social conventions, habits and behaviours. Instead, we find in de Benoist’s texts a justification for the difference of identity, tradition and culture. His position does not entirely abandon the idea of biological race. However, he stresses the influence, not determination, of social traits by biology (De Benoist 1999). Ethno-pluralism advocates the homogenisation of cultural communities while still insisting on their separation. ‘Foreign influences’ are not defined genetically or racially, but are thought to be a threat to the cultural or national homogeneity of a group. The categories of cultural groups are usually described as Volk or ethnie, which are deemed to possess a ‘natural’ and autochthon territory. Ethno-pluralism thus postulates a congruency between a geo-political unit and the cultural community or nation. As such, ethno-pluralism regards cultures as primordial and historically-given units with distinguishable features and defining boundaries, rather than social and historical constructs or processes that change over time. As de Benoist expresses it: ‘anti-racists’ should uphold “the value of difference as the prerequisite for a dialogue respectful of each group’s identity” (De Benoist 1999: 47)

A key feature of ethno-pluralism is that it ‘biologises’ and ‘essentialises’ cultures to such an extent that they are turned into the functional equivalents of race. As such, ethno- pluralism shows its roots in romantic thought, drawing on analogies of eco-systems and human society, and postulating the stability of human-nature relationships as long as natural principles of social organisation are followed. Ethno-pluralism defines cultures as organic systems of a natural order. Foreign elements would threaten the naturally-existing social cohesion of any Volk. The alleged differences between ethnicities, cultures and races are heralded as naturally given and beneficial to the socio-ecological harmony of societies and need to be defended.
#15095312
Donna wrote:Are you denying that black communities are over-policed? If so, you're a straight up racist arguing in bad faith. If not, then you must logically accept that over-policing will result in more blacks than whites being arrested for similar offences.


I don't know if they're over-policed or not. You made the claim, and I'm asking for evidence. Maybe they are. Maybe they aren't. Let's look at the data.

I've heard two theories: The first claims black communities are over-policed because cops hate blacks, and so blacks go to jail more often than white people, and this destroys black communities. The 2nd theory claims black communities are under-policed because cops hate blacks & don't give a crap about them, so crime is unchecked, and murder/gangs/drugs increases, and this destroys black communities. Is either of these correct? If so, let's see the data.

The problem is structural racism, of which over-policing is an aspect of.


I'm sure racism is a factor in black-on-black murder. I think racism in the past and present has left black people poorer than white people, and the conditions of poverty perpetuate crime. And i'd be naive to think cops and courts treat black people exactly the same as whites.

The problem with your argument and others who share the same ideology is that it works on a victim/oppressor dynamic where the victim is always felt sorry for and not deemed responsible for their own actions. The oppressor (in this case, whites) is always to blame. So while I acknowledge black people have been victimized, they also have to take responsibly for their own actions that also perpetuate their own poverty & high rates of crime.

For instance, there's been a big rise in single motherhood and teenage pregnancy among the black community since the 60's. White people aren't forcing black people to have sex with each other out of wedlock without proper birth control. White people also aren't forcing black people to pick up guns to shoot other black people, or forcing them to use & deal drugs, or to drop out of high school, or to join gangs.

So while I acknowledge that white racists are responsible for creating much of the poverty that creates conditions for some of these things more likely to occur, black people also have to own their actions too. Otherwise any time a black person commits a crime we can just throw up our hands and excuse it because well it's not their fault, it's whitey's. And that won't help the problem.

While black activists are asking young black people to protest racism and these bastard cops (which is great), black activists should also be telling young poor black people to use birth control & not get knocked up, to stop buying guns and shooting each other, stop doing & dealing drugs, stop joining criminal gangs, & stay in school & study hard. Because at the end of the day even if the US achieves perfect racial harmony poor black people aren't going to escape poverty and stay out of prison without doing those things too. I have friends who are racial minorities who grew up poor, but their parents made them study hard and stay out of trouble, & they went to college and got 6 figure jobs. What's their excuse?
  • 1
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 159

Again, you're thinking *Stalinism*, or bureaucrat[…]

States across Europe in the 18th century provid[…]

@wat0n Yes, the city’s dynamics differ radica[…]

His brother died of alcoholism. Alcoholics are of[…]