" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Page 161 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Atlantis wrote:Anybody could have seen the warning. In fact, there were plenty of warnings even in this forum ever since Wuhan locked down January.

Trump could have seen the warning if he wasn't such a self-obsessed narcissist.

@Hindsite, how does it feel to be incorrigible?

All Democrats must be self-obsessed narcissist then.

In answer to you question to me, I have no way of knowing, since I have been mostly correct and the Democrats have been mostly wrong.
All Democrats must be self-obsessed narcissist then.

In answer to you question to me, I have no way of knowing, since I have been mostly correct and the Democrats have been mostly wrong.

Are you still in fifth grade or did you finally drop out?

How about some debate Hindsite? You don't have to use big words and stuff. Just argue.
So now we are witnessing the raise of the anti-mask movement.
Yet another utterly ridiculous, counterintuitive and full batshit crazy reaction of the sheep that populate the ranks of the Trump cultist. :lol:
I wonder if these people would be so tolerant of the surgeon's personal freedom when the surgeon decides he/she is not willing to use gloves, mask or hairnet citing personal freedoms.
This raises another question... why is it that these people that care so much about personal freedoms and what people wear or not have not raised against the use of cloth... Go outside naked (except for the required AR15) to protest to your nearest capitol building to see what I mean... see how long you can stay away from being arrested or possibly added to some sort of sex-offender list :lol: . And that is something relatively benign (other than perhaps the emotional scaring that people will have to see so many fat guys naked :lol: ) unlike COVID which could be deadly.
Living in a society requires compromises, you dont want to wear masks, and or clothes? Move to the middle of the forrest and I am sure you'd be able to go naked, maskless and nobody will care how many AR15 or AK47 you hang around your neck.
If anything, these morons don't seem to realize that the more they spread the virus the worse it is for Trump.
Let's see how elderly people feel when they see more and more of themselves die. Remind me again, older people vote generally democrat right? :lol:
Godstud wrote:@XogGyux There was enough of them to get Trump elected. :|

That is a fair criticism but what I meant is that even most of his supporters don't believe a tiny portion of whatever shit comes out of his mouth. Take for instance his own administration and republican senators/representatives, most if not all of them at some point dismissed him as the fool, dangerous, moron that he is when he was first running and later felt into place like little kittens about to suck from their mom's tit. The fact is he took the republican party hostage and many people just happened to go with the flow because politics in this country is a team sport event. Red vs Blue, and you support your team no matter what. Stupid really, but real. You just have to see all the people that keep introducing themselves as "true republicans" or "old fashion republican" or "previous republican" as if it made a difference.... they no longer hold the ideas that the party has... why keep associating yourself with the name? Shake it off if it no longer applies. The brand loyalty continues to linger, sometimes for years or even decades.
I am not to jump in the van wagon of "while 100k americans" the president is playing golf. While I do realize the optics are abysmal I have to admit humans also need time to release some steam. So while I do appreciate that "Biden team" have taken advantage of the optics, I am pragmatic enough to admit that this is probably not such a big deal.
However, what IS a big deal, is this moron spending time in twitter feuds and deviating time, effort, human capital/resources towards his own personal vendetta against twitter and "the evil media".
It we are approaching the 6months of this virus wrecking havoc, our economy have been shit for 2-3 months already and truly we still don't have any robust plan or leadership from this stupid moron. For good or bad, the bulk of this has fallen to the governors which regardless of whether you like them or not, whether they are democrats or republicans, have had to carry the responsibility of the reaction, the responsibility of deaths under their watch, the responsibility of economic havoc, while at the same time witnessing this moron sabotaging every operation underway. Even the Republican governor of Georgia, which was doing what Trump really wanted, got criticism from Trump (even though everyone can read between lines and realize that the criticism was really fake and just to give the impression that Trump cared at all).

It is quite clear that congress's initiatives are pretty much lacking any kind of spark... The actions that should have been taken 2 months ago by congress have also fizzled out because Trump is no longer panicking because what he perceives as the economy "aka stock market" (which BTW, is NOT the economy, in case the last 2 months has not made it obvious to everyone already) seem stable to him.

This lead by tweet needs to end, twitter needs to fuking bane this idiot permanently and all these fucking billionaires that thought they could just buy in the presidency should buy off FOX and spend the last few months until the election running videos of Pelosi spanking this baby's bottom.
@XogGyux Optics and perception are ALWAYS important when you are a leader of a nation, and there are other less obvious ways to relieve stress.

Trump could have always paid some Russian hookers to piss on him.
Godstud wrote:@XogGyux Optics and perception are ALWAYS important when you are a leader of a nation, and there are other less obvious ways to relieve stress.

Trump could have always paid some Russian hookers to piss on him.

I get it, getting caught is a big deal and I am happy he got caught and that democrats for once are taking advantage of this.
But the idea that anyone, not even the president, can simply devote 3 full months of nothing but work and no "recreation time" is as naive as it would have been for Obama, Bush, or Clinton or anyone else.
A surgeon cannot keep a sane mind if every woken hour is fixing cleft palate and heart valves, as much good to the world as it would be it is not realistic, sustainable or sane.
I rather he (or any other president) would take a few hours even during "crisis months" for mental sanity than what he is doing right now dragging a significant portion of his staff into nonsensical battles, especially because of what he does is self-amplifying.
He will now get criticism from the media, and then he will spend the whole fucking weekend fighting on twitter like the stupid 11-year-old girl that lives insides his bacon body.
@XogGyux When you consider how little Trump has actually done in the lat 3 months, he doesn't need a rest. He's done nothing but ego-stroking press conferences and Tweeting out lies, as per usual. Rest from what???
section 5 of the preamble to the Constitution clearly states:" Each House may determine the rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two thirds, expel a member. Additionally it is the right of every American citizen to refrain from wearing an anti virus mask."
Godstud wrote:@XogGyux When you consider how little Trump has actually done in the lat 3 months, he doesn't need a rest. He's done nothing but ego-stroking press conferences and Tweeting out lies, as per usual. Rest from what???

Oh come on …… he is a GREAT leader. Here we are in the middle of a historic medical and economic disaster and he found time to write executive orders against twitter for having the gall to question the absolute truth of one of his twitterisms.
Godstud wrote:@XogGyux When you consider how little Trump has actually done in the lat 3 months, he doesn't need a rest. He's done nothing but ego-stroking press conferences and Tweeting out lies, as per usual. Rest from what???

That is absolutely true and the whole reason why this thread exists.
He failed, period, end of story.
I am just giving some perspective, if he had put even a remotely actionable plan it would have been something else.
The way I see it, his failure is not that he was taking time for himself when people were dying. The problem here is that he has taken little to no action, no real plan. If anything he has botched other people's effort to have a somewhat cohesive plan.
The golf shit is only the cherry on top of the cake so Biden can run adds, at the end of the day you cannot really trace back his failures to just that, this event wouldn't even make it to the top 1000 stupid shit that he has done in the last 6 months.
I don't know how to explain it better, I don't really care if he does anything resembling his job and then takes a bit of time off. What I do care is that he is not doing shit and he is sabbotaging everything resembling a response from any level of government.
For those that still think that the issue is health vs economy.

at the end of the day, we will end up with both short end of the stick, and the only thing that could have made it better, was not to close or open or any of that bullshit. What could have made a huge difference was prompt, coordinated science/data-driven action very early, rather than dismissal "only 15 cases soon to be zero" kind of attitude.
Trump has been having some dumb luck until now, with blind investors that ignored all the red flags over the last few years, ignored the damage created by tariff and wars, abused the tax breaks to pay themselves and ignoring the seriousness of what is going on right now. In the past, when they realize, the house of cards crumbles and it does so fast and hard.
Trump is going to win in November. He is winning running away right now. He is controlling the national dialog and even MSNBC and CNN are giving him what he wants and more. He is personally responsible for the deaths of 50,000+ Americans and counting. He is still doing nothing. Yet.

His strategy is brilliant and it is working. His strategy is to:

Blame the Chinese for the Virus and all the deaths.

Blame the democratic governors for fucking up the response.

Call every bit of evidence against him "fake news".

Exercise voter suppression.

Distract, distract, distract.

What Trump knows that nobody else is willing to admit is that one can win the presidency on people who are either not intelligent enough to understand the issues, and/or racist, misogynist, angry, paranoid.....broken.

Trump supporters are deeply flawed people. Sadly there are enough of them to get the job done. He IS going to win and God help us when he does. Democracy in America has been dead for a long time. Obama was, perhaps, the last gasp of some acceptable deviation from the "norm".

I am looking at property in Spain. I speak the language and it is affordable. Italy is my first choice but it is going through a tough time. Maybe Switzerland. I like Thailand but my wife is a bit afraid of it given my age. Why put up with the abject stupidity in the US. I paid my dues.

At the end of the day the real villain is McConnell and the republican Senate. As despicable a group of people as this country has ever seen. The only republican calling Trump on his failures is Romney. One passably honorable man. If someone told me in my youth that we could get to where we are I would have told them they were crazy.

A friend of mine just bought a house in Lagos Portugal for $200,000 US. Four bedrooms and a pool. (His wife is from Lisbon.) Happy as a clam. He has about $4K per month between his retirement and social security. Says he can live very comfortably on that in Lagos. Hmmm.
Let's be clear, the plurality of people did not vote for him, he is deeply unpopular (definitely more than he was prior to being president) and in the position that he is, he is not gaining supporters. He is either holding whatever he had... or more likely slowly losing them in small numbers. You can find people willing to say they voted for him and he failed and they changed their minds, you can find people willing to say that they voted for him and they will vote again for him. But finding the elusive "voter" that presumably voted for Clinton and now changed their minds because Trump has made such a great president... those voters? are probably just as rare as magic unicorns.

Trump won with a combined aggregate of less than 100votes strategically spaced over a handful of decisive states. In other words, there are 30 people in the US for every 1 voter that made a difference in the previous election.
I know, we will still have the same absurd delegate system this time. And we also have him to potentially try other shenanigans but we have an even greater ally this time around, Trump's own utter incompetence.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Yale course on Ukrainian history: https://www.you[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainl[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Find Someone Who Loves You Like Israel Loves Att[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over mains[…]