African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 18 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

@Crantag

Crantag wrote:Pentagon Puts Military Police On Alert To Go To Embattled Minneapolis

Trump is behind that order. He is going to cause more problems and needs to stay the hell out of Minnesota. He is going to make the situation worse. This is the job of the governors to handle and the only thing the feds should be doing is offering financial assistance and equipment to the governors. The governors can handle this without Trump throwing fuel on the fire and making things worse. He doesn't know what he's doing.
It's pretty cool that we're a third world country unable to provide healthcare during a pandemic and that we have child soldiers protecting a Macy's parking lot because the most important duty of the state is to protect the property of the rich.

But it was important that we voted Trump in. Treating people with respectpolitical correctness had just gone too far. The libs needed to be owned.
The saddest thing about Sabb's posting here and in his SJW/Sabb Containment Zone thread is that his anger at anyone who shows compassion or professes to care about anything is entirely because he is unable to do so himself, so he assumes all of them are lying.

It sure sounds like a fun way to go through life.
noemon wrote:Because of the tweet you posted trying to change the narrative.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=178572&start=160#p15095087

Right, that tweet stated that police and firefighters had been told to stand down, which led me to agree with Red_Army that this was more than a riot and to respond with "You are right, it looks more like a breakdown of law and order."

As for your attempts at mind reading, no I was not trying to "change the narrative" and since your answer to my question is just more speculation about by alleged motives, we might as well leave it at that. There's nothing more boring and tiresome than these types of discussions.
SpecialOlympian wrote:It's pretty cool that we're a third world country unable to provide healthcare during a pandemic and that we have child soldiers protecting a Macy's parking lot because the most important duty of the state is to protect the property of the rich.

That's life in a blue state with a Democrat governor and a Democrat mayor.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Right, that tweet stated that police and firefighters had been told to stand down, which led me to agree with Red_Army that this was more than a riot and to respond with "You are right, it looks more like a breakdown of law and order."

As for your attempts at mind reading, no I was not trying to "change the narrative" and since your answer to my question is just more speculation about by alleged motives, we might as well leave it at that. There's nothing more boring and tiresome than these types of discussions.

You asked me why I thought what I thought and, I answered you. No attempt at mind-reading or to have an unnecessary conversation on my behalf. And yes I agree, these conversations of what someone says and how it is perceived is boring.

That is life in Trump's racist America where a new normal has been established. The fish rots from the head and this new normal goes way beyond a racist pig, it extends to the coroner(who is pretending that there are underlying causes and not a 10 minute long chokehold), the prosecutor, the head of the police and the governor. They are all set up to protect white nazi scum and let them kill Black people with impunity. It's all about what is "normal" and permissible.

And at the bottom line we are all responsible for knowing the truth and tolerating it.

If these racist insults(that are constant) were committed against white people, against Greeks or British or the French we would have burned down the White House and the entire country.
Nobody is suffering now more than the president. Not because of his incredible capacity for empathy, but because his dumb feud with the moderators of Twitter has now been knocked out of the news cycle.

Just imagine how much our president is suffering right now. Nobody is paying attention to him, and black Americans will never thank him for making June African American Music Appreciation Month.
noemon wrote:That is life in Trump's racist America where a new normal has been established. The fish rots from the head and this new normal goes way beyond a racist pig, it extends to the coroner(who is pretending that there are underlying causes and not a 10 minute long chokehold), the prosecutor, the head of the police and the governor. They are all set up to protect white nazi scum and let them kill Black people with impunity. It's all about what is "normal" and permissible.

And at the bottom line we are all responsible for knowing the truth and tolerating it.

If these racist insults(that are constant) were committed against white people, against Greeks or British or the French we would have burned down the White House and the entire country.

This is surely more of the same as opposed to something new. Even on this board, we've had many similar threads over the years.

(I obviously don't agree with most of the above description, but this debate has been rehashed so often, it does no longer seem useful to repeat the same arguments over and over. I find it more interesting that you think this is "new".)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turchin's theory could get some more followers this year.
Live Science wrote:
Will the US Really Experience a Violent Upheaval in 2020?

By Natalie Wolchover August 03, 2012

(Image: © Peter Turchin)

Circa 1870, the North fought the South in the Civil War. Half a century later, around 1920, worker unrest, racial tensions and anti-Communist sentiment caused another nationwide upsurge of violence. Then, 50 years later, the Vietnam War and Civil Rights Movement triggered a third peak in violent political, social and racial conflict. Fifty years after that will be 2020. If history continues to repeat itself, we can expect a violent upheaval in the United States in a few years.

[...]

Kaiserschmarrn wrote: I find it more interesting that you think this is "new".)

It is new in many ways and not new in others. What is clearly very new, is the new racist normal established by the Trump administration and his racist base. That is new. And the level of racism tolerated everywhere, that is new too. Arresting a Black reporter in broad daylight. That is also new. And all these new things have a direct effect on the extent of these racist offences, from killing several black guys for no reason, to making fake coroner reports, to letting these nazi murderers roam free with impunity, to arresting a Black reporter, to distracting from the cold and naked truth, and so on and forth....

Considering you have the intelligence of an oyste[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]

He's a parasite

The Truth Social platform seems to have very littl[…]