African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

blackjack21 wrote:Biden voted for the Clinton crime bill that put so many black people in jail.

Had you even cared to check the context before you responded or you just post whatever you like? I responded to a post in which Unthinking Majority praised Obama and denounced Trump, so if that's how he feels like, he should vote for Biden, and that's it.
The same way you are getting your cues from Trump and have become more racist @blackjack21 , the same way police officers are getting their cues from you along with all your white supremacist buddies regardless if you live in Democrat controlled states. You think you have an "argument" but that too is ridiculous. Racism becoming more prominent and being normalised by the head of the state trickles down everywhere and being under a Democrat governor does not create a veil of magical immunity. The fish rots from the head.
Julian658 wrote:POD:

Racism PTSD is real and is the result of previous racist experiences.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... m-and-ptsd
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ions-dsm-5

Sure, but that was not your claim.

You claimed that racism against black people does not exist, and that blacks only think they are victims of racism because they are delusional and have PTSD.

The issue with racism PTSD is that the patient experiences massive symptoms of racism with subtle stimuli.

This sounds like more BS where you imply taht racism is not real and it only exists in the head of those crazy black people.

Overtime this is debilitating and certainly devastating when watching a cop brutalizing George Floyd.

You did not answer the question.

Do you think the racist cop killed George Floyd on purpose? Did he intend to kill Mr Floyd. Just give me a "yes or no" answer.

I already answered this question in this thread.

Now, did Mr. Floyd actually do anything at all to deserve any force from any police officer?
Zionist Nationalist wrote:@noemon I understand that you dont blatant racism but you cant change people thoughts some of us are racists and we cant help but express our subtle racism and its not going to change
if you dont like it just ban all of us racists and let this forum become a leftist circlejerk just like some subreddits

I would rather ridicule you than ban you.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Sure, but that was not your claim.
You claimed that racism against black people does not exist, and that blacks only think they are victims of racism because they are delusional and have PTSD.

Typical strawman from POD: Admin Edit: Rule 5 Violation

Answer yes or no. Do not evade such a simple question.

Do you think the white racist cop wanted to kill Mr. Floyd?

There are many articles on PTSD related to racism POD. A highly educated man like you should know that.
Last edited by Julian658 on 30 May 2020 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
Unthinking Majority wrote:You think people who don't subscribe to your narrative are racist. You think every god damn bad outcome that's ever happened to a black person in America is because of racism.

The difference between you and I is that you see a black man dealing drugs and you see a victim, while I see a victim and also someone who needs to stop the horseshit and get their act together. Is that "infantizing" people? If you act like an idiot, I'm going to say you're acting like an idiot. People have barriers, they also have free will. This isn't simply a message of blame, it's a message of agency and hope. You're not a slave to your shitty circumstances. If you have a cop put a knee on your throat, yes you're a victim that's not your fault. If you get knocked up at 16 and then drop out of school & are poor the rest of your life as a result that's your fault, you're a victim of your own bad choices.

A largely meaningless response that doesn't address anything I've said. Thanks.
blackjack21 wrote:Oh come on. Where have you seen neo-Nazis beheading people and throwing people off of buildings? What you see are people who have had enough of being called racists while the establishment sends industry overseas and floods the workplace with illegal aliens willing to under cut wages of former union employees.

This is what I mean by radicalization. 5 years ago right-wingers would never try to rationalize and excuse hate massacres like Christchurch with Lou Dobbs talking points about outsourcing and immigration, but here we are.
@Julian658

As long as we agree that racism is real, and that it does not simply exist in the heads of delusional black people.

Since you asked about whether or not this cop killed Mr, Floyd intentionally, I would point out that he knelt on Mr. Floyd’s neck for several minutes after he was informed that Mr. Floyd could not breathe.

If I were choking someone, and I was told that the person I was choking could not breathe, and I still refused to stop choking him, would you say that I intentionally caused the person’s death?

It depends on whether or not I know that prolonged deprivation of oxygen can lead to death. Maybe the cop does not understand basic biology. Note that cops are first responders and are theoretically trained in first aid, including how to help so one who is choking and why.
Donna wrote:No, he actually selectively responded and avoided the entire discussion we were having.

We have a massive racial problem. Racism has gone down while at the same time the perception of racism is going up. This is the end result of tribalism.
Racist acts have gone down because we are more vigilant about racism and point it out more often than we did when racism was thought of as good.

But racist acts are still a thing. And until they are no more, we have to keep pointing out racism.

This is not the end result if tribalism. It is the result of the hard work of people fighting against tribalism and similar mindsets.
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Julian658

As long as we agree that racism is real, and that it does not simply exist in the heads of delusional black people.

Since you asked about whether or not this cop killed Mr, Floyd intentionally, I would point out that he knelt on Mr. Floyd’s neck for several minutes after he was informed that Mr. Floyd could not breathe.

If I were choking someone, and I was told that the person I was choking could not breathe, and I still refused to stop choking him, would you say that I intentionally caused the person’s death?

It depends on whether or not I know that prolonged deprivation of oxygen can lead to death. Maybe the cop does not understand basic biology. Note that cops are first responders and are theoretically trained in first aid, including how to help so one who is choking and why.

I believe the cop is guilty of 2nd or 3rd degree murder. He wanted to teach the prisoner a lesson, but he had no intention of killing him. Why would a sane person do this in daylight while he is being filmed and while he is wearing a videocam is beyond me. I suspect these cops also suffer from PTSD. Why would anyone throw away a pension, salary, benefits, and employment by committing 1st degree murder while being filmed?

POD: American cops also murder white people, quite often in a much more egregious manner. There is a HUGE problem with American cops. And two wrongs do not make a right.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Racist acts have gone down because we are more vigilant about racism and point it out more often than we did when racism was thought of as good.

But racist acts are still a thing. And until they are no more, we have to keep pointing out racism.

This is not the end result if tribalism. It is the result of the hard work of people fighting against tribalism and similar mindsets.

I agree. But, I would also add we need to do away with race ID politics and classifying people according to skin color. People are people, PERIOD
Julian658 wrote:We have a massive racial problem. Racism has gone down while at the same time the perception of racism is going up. This is the end result of tribalism.

The advent of smartphones and social media have exposed a lot of racism in society that had previously remained below the surface in the decades that followed the civil rights movement. So there is an element of social excavation occurring that is reshaping the entire discourse on racism as more people recognize that the post-MLK racial status quo of the 1970s, '80s, '90s, and '00s is no longer tenable.
Julian658 wrote:I believe the cop is guilty of 2nd or 3rd degree murder. He wanted to teach the prisoner a lesson, but he had no intention of killing him. Why would a sane person do this in daylight while he is being filmed and while he is wearing a videocam is beyond me. I suspect these cops also suffer from PTSD. Why would anyone throw away a pension, salary, benefits, and employment by committing 1st degree murder while being filmed?

You are incorrectly assuming that cops routinely get punished for killing black people.

This assumption is incredibly wrong. This cop is the first ever in Minnesota history to get charged for doing so.

He probably assumed that he could get away with it. He may even be right.

POD: American cops also murder white people, quite often in a much more egregious manner. There is a HUGE problem with American cops. And two wrongs do not make a right.

If two wrongs do not make a right, why are you trying to bring up another wrong?

Sometimes white people bring this up in discussions of police brutality against black people. Even a lot of anti-racist white people do it, for different reasons.

But violence against white people is not the discussion.

Julian658 wrote:I agree. But, I would also add we need to do away with race ID politics and classifying people according to skin color. People are people, PERIOD

Sure.

When white people stop being racist, we will also stop discussing it. Until then, we can and should keep pointing out racism because that is what it takes to reduce the number and severity of racist acts.
wat0n wrote:Sure, but the military needs to be ready because things can escalate rather quickly. Even without any particularly harsh government action, it could occur that it's the law abiding citizens who in the process of defending their property from looters using lethal force - which can be legal under the Castle Doctrine depending on a case by case basis and even if not it's hard to stop - further enrage the protesters and escalate things further.

No it is not at all legal to shoot down looters in cold blood .
Even in states with "Stand Your Ground" laws, it is generally not legally justifiable to shoot someone in order to protect property alone. These laws apply to provide protection to those who use force to defend themselves in the face of great bodily harm or death, not their storefronts.

However, Texas law allows property owners to use deadly force to protect their properties if (among other things) the owner reasonably believes that use of non-deadly force to protect the property will put someone at risk of death or bodily injury. Despite this, a shop owner is much more likely to be acting within the confines of the law when he or she uses non-lethal force to protect him or herself (not the business) from looters.
https://blogs.findlaw.com/free_enterprise/2014/08/is-it-legal-to-defend-your-business-from-looters.html Believe it or not , and though it may not be widely known , the law respects the lives of persons over the right to property . https://supreme.findlaw.com/legal-commentary/why-hurricane-katrinas-so-called-looters-were-not-lawless-they-are-entitled-to-the-well-established-defense-of-necessity.html
Donna wrote:Are you seriously going to argue in bad faith that blacks commit more traffic violations than whites? :eh:

This is pretty much bullshit. I already demonstrated the fact of "driving while black" as a real phenomenon but you seem intent on defending this racist dynamic.
As you pointed out so well , white neighborhoods are not as heavily policed , in the first place . And I can tell you all first hand , as someone who lives in a white bread , back country road area , that the white people here can get just plain crazy , due to the lack of police presence , and the secluded isolation . I have seen numerous violations of the law , including , among other things , pickup trucks spinning doughnuts , ATVs racing down the street , firearms getting discharged , and just the run of the mill drunk driving . And this is not counting the buggies of Amish teenagers , during rumspringa . Why just last night I had thought that the neighbors were having a loud party again , and here it was an Amish buggy with a boom box , sort of like with this case .
And that's not even counting violent crime , such as in cases like this .
Even in Ohio's rural Amish country , such unruliness can happen.
It's like what's been described in this song .
Black people don't have the privilege of getting off so comparatively easy is all . https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2015/06/10/the-mckinney-texas-pool-party-more-proof-that-black-children-dont-get-to-be-children/?fbclid=IwAR1EneJT_W10VsWGDStlt0SqwkHJJO5EM6whLAlkl3druCyqDP93mQeq-dE
XogGyux wrote:It is disgusting how some people go out of their way to twist what is obviously unforgivable and to make justifications.
The guy could have been Osama Bin Laden or Hitler himself. The way the policemen in the video treated him is criminal, brutal and needlessly violent. That alone, regardless of whether anyone died, should have been enough to put away these police in jail for a while.
People like you are the reason why these riots are going on. Some people only seem to internalize the seriousness of events when they see CVS's burning on TV, the sad part is that rather than understanding the setting (and I am not saying what they are doing is right, it is in fact wrong) and why they act out the pain and anger (not to mention the provocateurs that just like chaos).

A word of warning, if you and people like yourself, continue to be tone-deaf, shit like this will continue to happen. At some point you guys are going to have to abandon the delusional ideas of reverse racism.

What's actually happening here is it's election season. To recap:

- the "I can't breathe guy" also had a heart condition, as well as asthma. Is there a conspiracy several years and hundreds of miles apart to use heart conditions as an excuse? No.
- the "hands up don't shoot" cop was also acquitted because that never happened either. I read that the guy was trying to force his way into a patrol car when he got shot.
- now to increase the repository of myths, a guy who spoke out against the gang lifestyle will be turned into a "George Floyd wants you to loot and burn" character. That's really gross. I do feel kind of bad to sort of criticize the guy but like, what the fuck is this?

The real warning here is that building up an entire mythology of easily disproved justifications for what is basically anarchy is probably not going to turn out well in the long run.
Wulfschilde wrote:What's actually happening here is it's election season. To recap:

- the "I can't breathe guy" also had a heart condition, as well as asthma. Is there a conspiracy several years and hundreds of miles apart to use heart conditions as an excuse? No.

Are you suggesting that Mr, Floyd just happened to die of heart problems while a cop knelt on his neck, choking him for over five minutes?

- the "hands up don't shoot" cop was also acquitted because that never happened either. I read that the guy was trying to force his way into a patrol card when he got shot.
- now to increase the repository of myths, a guy who spoke out against the gang lifestyle will be turned into a "George Floyd wants you to loot and burn" character. That's really gross. I do feel kind of bad to sort of criticize the guy but like, what the fuck is this?

The real warning here is that building up an entire mythology of easily disproved justifications for what is basically anarchy is probably not going to turn out well in the long run.

You seem to be bringing up irrelevant things you heard in order to justify your criticism of how people react to police brutality.

Does anything justify the police brutality?

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]

@FiveofSwords " small " Humans are 9[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house withou[…]