African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 22 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15095562
Pants-of-dog wrote:Are you suggesting that Mr, Floyd just happened to die of heart problems while a cop knelt on his neck, choking him for over five minutes?



You seem to be bringing up irrelevant things you heard in order to justify your criticism of how people react to police brutality.

Does anything justify the police brutality?

1. If the autopsy says he didn't die of asphyxiation or strangulation then yes, he had some sort of heart attack during the stress of being arrested.

2. It's not irrelevant at all. Protestors are using the "hands up don't shoot" slogan and the "I can't breathe" slogan, both of which are proven myths.

3. You actually make an interesting point with your straw man about police brutality. It lets me explain my anarchy comment further. If police cannot use things like choke holds to subdue people, which is apparently what is desired here, policing would become exponentially more difficult and dangerous. This would ultimately not go anywhere that you guys would like.

I feel as if I've actually figured something out about you guys. Your criticism of others is always a personal attack. While some people consider cultural, social/economic or yes, even genetic factors, you guys attribute everything to "that guy is a bad person (racism or sexism)". And I personally don't trust people whose only dialogue is to claim that others are bad on the inside. I think it's a crutch at best to go around putting words into other people's mouths or telling them what their intentions are in order to make it easier for yourself to condemn them. And those kinds of people are probably never going to be on top for very long.
#15095564
Wulfschilde wrote:What's actually happening here is it's election season. To recap:

- the "I can't breathe guy" also had a heart condition, as well as asthma. Is there a conspiracy several years and hundreds of miles apart to use heart conditions as an excuse? No.

You would have to be really, REALLY retarded if you believe this shit. And yes, I am tempting some kind of warning or retaliation from mods for this but I'd wear it with honor because the nonsense that you are saying cannot stand.
This is like saying that a shooter is not reall responsible, it was the person that got shot for being standing in front of the bullet.
Are you telling me that this guy was going to die anyway that day and the police just were really really unlucky to be kneeling on his fucking neck at the time that coincidentally his "long standing Heart condition and asthma" happen to kick in? How can you be so blindly retarded to believe such idiocy?
The "I can't breathe guy" couldn't breathe because idiots were preventing him to do so. And the prostests are not just because he got killed, but because the fucking police force rather than arrest all of these idiots on the spot, decided to play it cool initially.
What happened to the other black guy that was running minding his own business and got chased down and shot? 2 months no action by the police... 2 fucking months.
How would you feel if anyone chases down your wife, or your daughter or your father and shoots them down and the police just ignore the whole shit for 2 months until finally a fucking video on instagram or youtube or whatever, gets enough people mad as hell to do something about it?
What about the lady cop, that entered someone else's fucking house and shot the guy inside his own house because "I thought this was my house". HOW FUCKING RETARDED people need to be to believe such nonsense. Seriously, if you are so retarded (or embriagated) to enter somebody else's house and kill them, you have no business walking around free in this society, I am sorry but the genes and brain you happen to been given by nature is so fucking pathetically ill-equipped to deal with reality that you do not belong to the free world (and by you I mean figuratively, I am referring to the lady cop).
#15095565
XogGyux wrote:You would have to be really, REALLY retarded if you believe this shit. And yes, I am tempting some kind of warning or retaliation from mods for this but I'd wear it with honor because the nonsense that you are saying cannot stand.
This is like saying that a shooter is not reall responsible, it was the person that got shot for being standing in front of the bullet.
Are you telling me that this guy was going to die anyway that day and the police just were really really unlucky to be kneeling on his fucking neck at the time that coincidentally his "long standing Heart condition and asthma" happen to kick in? How can you be so blindly retarded to believe such idiocy?
The "I can't breathe guy" couldn't breathe because idiots were preventing him to do so. And the prostests are not just because he got killed, but because the fucking police force rather than arrest all of these idiots on the spot, decided to play it cool initially.
What happened to the other black guy that was running minding his own business and got chased down and shot? 2 months no action by the police... 2 fucking months.
How would you feel if anyone chases down your wife, or your daughter or your father and shoots them down and the police just ignore the whole shit for 2 months until finally a fucking video on instagram or youtube or whatever, gets enough people mad as hell to do something about it?
What about the lady cop, that entered someone else's fucking house and shot the guy inside his own house because "I thought this was my house". HOW FUCKING RETARDED people need to be to believe such nonsense. Seriously, if you are so retarded (or embriagated) to enter somebody else's house and kill them, you have no business walking around free in this society, I am sorry but the genes and brain you happen to been given by nature is so fucking pathetically ill-equipped to deal with reality that you do not belong to the free world (and by you I mean figuratively, I am referring to the lady cop).

Like I said in my response to PoD, if choke holds were made illegal it would become almost impossible to do policing, which will only backfire on you ignorant people who make everything about how other people are bad on the inside while refusing to look at the big picture on seemingly every issue.

Really though most of us saw something like this coming months ago and here it is right on queue and now I'm a racist again. People will increase their myths as they will I guess. Have fun with your outrage I think I've seen this one before.

RIP George Floyd sorry I felt like I had to go there.
#15095566




MN Gov. Walz: We Estimate 80% of the Rioters Are from out of State

During a press conference on Saturday, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (D) stated that the “best estimate” is that 80% of the people rioting in the state are not from Minnesota.

Walz said, “I want to just be very clear, as I said earlier in the week, this is not about saying, oh, this isn’t us, it’s everybody from everywhere else. We understand that the catalyst for this was Minnesotans, and Minnesotans’ inability to deal with inequality, inequities, and, quite honestly, the racism that has persisted.

I am not denying that. But what we’re at right now — and we’re trying to get numbers on this. And I will try, and what I’m asking the media to help us on, we’re going to start releasing who some of these people are. And they’ll be able to start tracing that history of where they’re at and what they’re doing on the dark web and how they’re organizing. But I’m not trying to say that — I think our best estimate right now that I heard is about 20% is what we think are Minnesotans and about 80% are outside. So, I’m not trying to deflect in any way. I’m not trying to say there aren’t Minnesotans amongst this group.”




Image
#15095567
I’m not sure the human significance of death and violence can be determined through mere empirical data. In the same way that lots of people die everyday but it doesn’t hold the social significance it does here. Who gets killed and how changes how it is understood. And the current view for the high status cases is a series of black people being confronted by police for untenable reasons which somehow escalate to their deaths and often no convictions.

Hence its not even just the fact that this guy got killed, but the precedent of the justice system falling so heavily on the side of police officers that they practically have full reign to murder citizens without restraint. And rather than be pissed with the injustice of it all and the problems of the judicial system, it is pretty much only black people talking about police violence and here we have that violence downplayed as if the examples of white people being recipient somehow negates that violence and the asserted unjust nature of it. This is where the suspicion of ones motive not as the impartial onlooker but indifferent one. Indifferent to injustice, indifferent to the loss of life and indifferent to the system of terror that it imposes on a people that has them attempting to restrict themselves so they don't get killed. But this is an illusion that if they behave in some correct way they won’t end up dead. But it is very clear the system doesn’t care about the character of people but is concerned with their demographic and remains hostile and violent towards them. And its coming to a breaking point once more as the racial problem of the US has never been solved beyond formal equality yet concrete/actual inequality inherent to the system remains and so black people have long tried peaceful protests which gesture to problems largely denied by many. The existence of police brutality, judicial injustice and a problem of race in America, its surprising it hasn’t reached the conclusions of Malcolm X once again that one cant expect justice without a fight. And the fight is deemed unjust by those who deny the racial significance to death like this.
Last edited by Wellsy on 31 May 2020 02:26, edited 1 time in total.
#15095568
Wulfschilde wrote:1. If the autopsy says he didn't die of asphyxiation or strangulation then yes, he had some sort of heart attack during the stress of being arrested.


And it had nothing to do with the officer choking him for over five minutes?

2. It's not irrelevant at all. Protestors are using the "hands up don't shoot" slogan and the "I can't breathe" slogan, both of which are proven myths.


Again, your weird thing where you focus on property damage and ignore police brutality is irrelevant.

3. You actually make an interesting point with your straw man about police brutality. It lets me explain my anarchy comment further. If police cannot use things like choke holds to subdue people, which is apparently what is desired here, policing would become exponentially more difficult and dangerous. This would ultimately not go anywhere that you guys would like.


Mr, Floyd was already handcuffed and on the ground when the cop knelt on his neck for several minutes, choking him.

Are cops so fragile and weak that they are in danger when a person is handcuffed and lying on the ground?

I feel as if I've actually figured something out about you guys. Your criticism of others is always a personal attack. While some people consider cultural, social/economic or yes, even genetic factors, you guys attribute everything to "that guy is a bad person (racism or sexism)". And I personally don't trust people whose only dialogue is to claim that others are bad on the inside. I think it's a crutch at best to go around putting words into other people's mouths or telling them what their intentions are in order to make it easier for yourself to condemn them. And those kinds of people are probably never going to be on top for very long.


This is literally a personal attack, just like the one you hypocritically condemning.

I will leave this here for the ironic lols.

Now, did Mr. Floyd do anything to justify this brutality?
#15095570
Wulfschilde wrote:Like I said in my response to PoD, if choke holds were made illegal it would become almost impossible to do policing, which will only backfire on you ignorant people who make everything about how other people are bad on the inside while refusing to look at the big picture on seemingly every issue.

I get a lot of contact with police. Drunk and psychiatric patients frequent the ER accompanied by police, from time to time we also get the occasional criminal that fakes a chest pain to avoid going to jail as well. All the ones that I have interacted with are responsible individuals that care for these people, even the criminals. They have tough jobs, many of these patients end up getting very large amount of sedatives in the ED because they are violent, unruly. Because they kick, punch, spit bite and scream. I have never seen a major injury inflicted by these policemen and policewoman even though they have been put in situations when even the most careful of us could unintentionally produce some harm. I can say, that in my experience they are very careful, well trained, and professional.
And this is why watching this unravel is so deeply painful, because it paints the US vs Them kind of mentality when in reality most of the police is also US.

It is not about making "choke holds illegal" or some other nonsense.
The guy was handcuffed, on the floor, and there were 4 police and 1 handcuffed guy on the floor. I don't know what kind of resisting he could have possibly been doing, unless the police thought they were arresting the hulk, maybe that is a possibility, maybe they thought this guy was bombarded with Gamma radiation and was about to pop out of the handcuffs and start ripping people's heads off, maybe then this degree of force was warranted.
#15095571


Apparently a lot of the arrested people are from out of state. This guy is a Democrat. That escalated quickly; black Democrats are already trying to drive a wedge between AntiFA and BLM. I thought this would take way longer, like years but maybe it'll happen faster than I thought. It's their move now, or will be after they get out of prison.
#15095573
XogGyux wrote:I get a lot of contact with police. Drunk and psychiatric patients frequent the ER accompanied by police, from time to time we also get the occasional criminal that fakes a chest pain to avoid going to jail as well. All the ones that I have interacted with are responsible individuals that care for these people, even the criminals. They have tough jobs, many of these patients end up getting very large amount of sedatives in the ED because they are violent, unruly. Because they kick, punch, spit bite and scream. I have never seen a major injury inflicted by these policemen and policewoman even though they have been put in situations when even the most careful of us could unintentionally produce some harm. I can say, that in my experience they are very careful, well trained, and professional.
And this is why watching this unravel is so deeply painful, because it paints the US vs Them kind of mentality when in reality most of the police is also US.

It is not about making "choke holds illegal" or some other nonsense.
The guy was handcuffed, on the floor, and there were 4 police and 1 handcuffed guy on the floor. I don't know what kind of resisting he could have possibly been doing, unless the police thought they were arresting the hulk, maybe that is a possibility, maybe they thought this guy was bombarded with Gamma radiation and was about to pop out of the handcuffs and start ripping people's heads off, maybe then this degree of force was warranted.

I can tell you're full of shit because some of these guys are on meth, PCP etc. Sometimes they really do get up and start trying to bite the skinny 44 year-old cop holding him down.
#15095574
Wulfschilde wrote:I can tell you're full of shit because some of these guys are on meth, PCP etc. Sometimes they really do get up and start trying to bite the skinny 44 year-old cop holding him down.

That is the thing, they get training and they are rarely alone and if they are, they call for backup. They are trained for this shit, many of them are anyway. Like in the video, 4 cops, 1 guy.
The difference is, when they do it right they de-escalate.
Also, I have not met a skinny cop. In my experience they are 2 types of cops, the bodybuilder muscular guy and the 300lbs donuts eating fat cop. I am not aware of that skinny cop you are talking about :lol: .
I have seen them deal with these people, usually they surround them so the intoxicated guy cannot run or harm himself or others but not necesarily try to catch them right away, many times they just patiently wait for the guy to get tired. This shit happens routinely in the ER believe it or not. More often than not police de-escalate the situation.
The most important value of having asymmetric force is the ability of not having to use it.
Last edited by XogGyux on 30 May 2020 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
#15095580
Donna wrote:The advent of smartphones and social media have exposed a lot of racism in society that had previously remained below the surface in the decades that followed the civil rights movement. So there is an element of social excavation occurring that is reshaping the entire discourse on racism as more people recognize that the post-MLK racial status quo of the 1970s, '80s, '90s, and '00s is no longer tenable.


That is quite true, I do not disagree. The earlier fight was agains different hurdles such as segregation in schools, whites only bathrooms, water fountains for colored people, etc. And those barriers where easy to identify and treat accordingly. There was also much more police violence against blacks in the era of no videophones.

I see a sense of frustration: When Obama won and I saw Ophra crying in the shoulders of a white man she didn't even know I thought we had finally conquered racism. Only 53 years passed between the Rosa Parks incident and the election of Obama. And Obama was elected by white people. Ironically Obama was elected by white people that later decided to vote for Trump. How could an Obama voter turn around and vote for Trump? How is that possible?

I was frustrated with Obama because the same racial issues never went away. The Baltimore riots developed during Obama's watch in a near 100% black Democrat city. Then Trump came in and the PTSD in the black community went up big time. That is why black people of this generation think they are more oppressed than their grandparents during Jim Crow. There is frustration, anger, depression, nihilism, etc and all they needed was an event like the killing of George Floyd.

I don't see a solution to this other than the USA becoming a socialist nation and abolishing the classification of people according to race. That is what they did in Cuba. There will never be total harmony as long as the Dems preach race ID politics, multiculturalism, and continue to preach victimhood 24/7. Anyone that is told "you are a victim 24/7 since birth to tomb" will become nihilistic. Any failure that is encountered in life will be correctly or incorrectly attributed to racism. That is no way to live.
#15095585
Wellsy wrote:I’m not sure the human significance of death and violence can be determined through mere empirical data. In the same way that lots of people die everyday but it doesn’t hold the social significance it does here. Who gets killed and how changes how it is understood. And the current view for the high status cases is a series of black people being confronted by police for tenable reasons which somehow escalate to their deaths and often no convictions.

Hence its not even just the fact that this guy got killed by the precedent of the justice system falling so heavily on the side of police officers that they practically have full reign to murder citizens without restraint. And rather than be pissed with the injustice of it all and the problems of the judicial system it is only black people talking about police violence and here we have that violence downplayed as if the examples of white people being recipient somehow negates that violence and the asserted unjust nature of it. This is where the suspicion of ones motive not as the impartial onlooker but indifferent one. Indifferent to injustice, indifferent to the loss of life and indifferent to the system of terror that it imposes on restricting a people as it proposes the illusion if they behave in some correct way they won’t end up dead. But it is very clear the system doesn’t care about the character of people but is concerned with their demographic and remains hostile and violent towards them. And its coming to a breaking point once more as the racial problem of the Us has never been solved beyond formal equality yet concrete/actual inequality inherent to the system and so black people have long tried peaceful protests which due to its symbolic nature of raising a point largely denied by many, the existence of police brutality, judicial injustice and a problem of race in America, its surprising it hasn’t reached the conclusions of Malcolm X once again that one cant expect justice without a fight. And the fight is deemed unjust by those who deny such significance to death like this.


What are these oppressed American blacks fighting for? If this oppression has only gotten worse since the 1960s, and not better as others say, what would you say is the problem?
#15095587
Deutschmania wrote:No it is not at all legal to shoot down looters in cold blood . https://blogs.findlaw.com/free_enterprise/2014/08/is-it-legal-to-defend-your-business-from-looters.html Believe it or not , and though it may not be widely known , the law respects the lives of persons over the right to property . https://supreme.findlaw.com/legal-commentary/why-hurricane-katrinas-so-called-looters-were-not-lawless-they-are-entitled-to-the-well-established-defense-of-necessity.html


Maybe, although there are businesses owners who also happen to live in their businesses. That for example changes the analysis.

So does if they first try using non-lethal force and they are attacked first.
#15095588
maz wrote:What are these oppressed American blacks fighting for? If this oppression has only gotten worse since the 1960s, and not better as others say, what would you say is the problem?


@Wellsy did not claim that things have gotten worse than the 1960s.

He said the the structural racism inherent in the system was never addessed.

And we also now have the problem of people who pretend that racism is over.

So, I guess the problem is racism and the people who either openly support it or quietly support it by claiming it does not exist.

And people who enter discussions of racist police brutality and try to derail the conversation by trying to start a debate on whether or not racism is really a problem.

Ask Mr. Floyd’s family what the problem is.
#15095591
Patrickov wrote:I disagree. They were probably disillusioned by Hillary Clinton's rise and merely chose not to vote.

I do not think the number who changed to voting for Trump is significant enough to be a point.


A study by the Democracy Fund Voter Study Group found that 9.2% of Obama voters voted for Trump in 2016.

Cohn, Nate (2017-08-15). "The Obama-Trump Voters Are Real. Here's What They Think". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-02-25.

Dent, David (2017-09-20). "Regretful Trump Voters: 'I Don't Understand How It Could Be Worse'". Vice. Retrieved 2018-02-25.

Levitz, Eric (2017-08-16). "Trump Democrats Are Rare—But Electorally Important". Daily Intelligencer. Retrieved 2018-02-25.

Levitz, Eric (2017-05-02). "Autopsy: It Was Obama-Trump Voters, in the Rust Belt, With the Economic Anxiety". Daily Intelligencer. Retrieved

2018-02-25.
#15095594
Typing on my phone so trying to keep it simple ie without too much detail and much left to inference. I’ve now edited it some as it was sloppy and unclear in some parts.
maz wrote:What are these oppressed American blacks fighting for? If this oppression has only gotten worse since the 1960s, and not better as others say, what would you say is the problem?

Well the shared circumstance does not alone constitute a class of people as they must necessarily form their aims.
https://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/works/SP-talk.htm
Here a little dialectics is necessary. Class consciousness means a social class, sharing common conditions of life, and a social movement organised around a demand for justice and a vision of the future. But these two entities are never actually identical. Class consciousness is the unity of two opposites which are never absolutely identical.

In Minnesota the protesters are specifically against the sense that the cop wasn’t going to be charged considering he wasn’t immediately arrested after blatantly killing a man. This being but one in a series of high profile killings by police. One harder to deny be incompetence as people pleaded with him to not do it and other cops held the public off when he was clearly doing the wrong thing.

But the real existing group in our times is the Black Lives Matter which has a “what they believe” page although it is a bit vague but does express some basic principles such as opposition to violence against blacks and to improve the standing of black people as a whole, not individually. And it was of course primarily born out of shootings of black people which went without conviction.

But the specifics aren’t yet solidified except as proven in organizational activism perhaps or perhaps I'm just not familiar enough with BLM. But the problem of race has merely changed form rather than been essentially overcome.

My vague impression of the circumstance of blacks in the US specifically is that they have long been an underclass excluded from much power and prosperity afforded to others. That here is a historical trajectory which exacerbates an existing gap through the decades in the recent century.

And one might cite that many black Americans aren’t in poverty and not confined but the economic segregation and resources accessible in various forms to blacks persists for the majority such that an individual doesn’t stand above their identified demographic even whilst they are in another class. Ones status in society is based on the average rather than the exceptions, and a great mass of black Americans are still living in ghettos and the violence against them while in the form of race seems to me to be an expression of class violence, of which many whites of the lower class, the poor and vulnerable also being stepped on by police.
The extreme case being the homeless who get the shit beaten out of them by police in various states. And then the poor whites are sometimes propagandized to hate blacks when their enemy is the upper class see example of klansman realizing as much: https://college.cengage.com/english/chaffee/thinking_critically/8e/students/additional_activities/p198.pdf

A difference being because the status of black skin based on the average position of blacks in America means that even if they’re individually well off they may still be subject to hostility in a way a moderately well off white isn’t likely to experience. And this is intuitively reflected in the way blacks self monitor in a way to avoid confrontational situations which a white person doesnt experience. Roy Wood Jr has a great bit about the importance of having a bag and a receipt for a purchase because if you don’t have one you’re assumed to have stolen something. And so to play it safe, one has to argue against the employee who doesnt want to give a bag for a single item because its the difference between being harassed or not. When there is such a divide in experience one has to ask why its something shared among one people and not another and the understanding behind it, why parents have to tell their children how to navigate interactions with police and to navigate the world in the hopes that they won’t be harassed or worse.

The point being the material conditions are refracted through forms of identity, identities which become reified as essential but are the property of the average social relations of a people. Black skin empirically is just a color of skin but one sees so much more than just what is given to the eyes, otherwise cops couldn’t racially profile.

But as Marx says, a black man is only a slave within particular conditions. Its not a property inherent to him but a property attributed to him within those relations. Similarly the modern relations have people see blacks in a denigrated form (Thug) which has them not see them as people by abstractly as a cariacture, not seen properly as moral equals regardless of any progress in the law for formal equality. Because formal equality hasn’t undone the crystalized social relations entirely but only chipped away at them.

To which I think the Black Panthers represented the most advanced position in the many answers of civil rights movements to the racial problem. In thaBasically the problem for blacls is embedded in that they were able to use class and Marxist theory to expand upon the black struggle, challenging an inequality of capitalist productive relations as part of the liberation of blacks. In theory blacks can be equal but it seems that to liberate themselves from such violence and hostility based in their poor status/standing in society will require an overthrow of the present nature of things. I hold out on the possibility that somehow they could in actual content be equal within the US within capitalism, but I don’t see the avenue as the racial problem has persisted so long and merely evolved in form. There is great resistance to the average class position of blacks and its been a dividing part for the US from its very
founding. Because the sort of power needed to overcome racial inequality and Injustice would be too strong a threat to the present state that it ends up to radical to simply be a matter of reform as far as i can tell.
https://www.lacan.com/zizrobes.htm
It is, however, this very consequent egalitarianism which is simultaneously the limitations of the Jacobin politics. Recall Marx's fundamental insight about the "bourgeois" limitation of the logic of equality: the capitalist inequalities ("exploitations") are not the "unprincipled violations of the principle of equality," but are absolutely inherent to the logic of equality, they are the paradoxical result of its consequent realization. What we have in mind here is not only the old boring motif of how market exchange presupposes formally/legally equal subjects who meet and interact on the market; the crucial moment of Marx's critique of "bourgeois" socialists is that capitalist exploitation does not involve any kind of "unequal" exchange between the worker and the capitalist - this exchange is fully equal and "just," ideally (in principle), the worker gets paid the full value of the commodity he is selling (his labour force). Of course, radical bourgeois revolutionaries are aware of this limitation; however, the way they try to amend it is through a direct "terrorist" imposition of more and more de facto equality (equal salaries, equal health service...), which can only be imposed through new forms of formal inequality (different sorts of preferential treatments of the under-privileged). In short, the axiom of "equality" means either not enough (it remains the abstract form of actual inequality) or too much (enforce "terrorist" equality) - it is a formalist notion in a strict dialectical sense, i.e., its limitation is precisely that its form is not concrete enough, but a mere neutral container of some content that eludes this form.

The problem for whites still stands as it did at the civil war.
https://imhojournal.org/articles/abolitionists-marx-slavery-race-class-salome-lee/
“The present struggle between the South and the North is therefore nothing but a conflict between two social systems, the system of slavery and the system of free labor. The struggle broke out because the two systems can no longer live peacefully side-by-side on the North American continent. It can end only with the victory of one system or the other.”[13]
In this statement, Marx was calling for an end of the assigning of Blacks to the lowest labor caste as fixed capital. He stressed that in order to even fathom a class-wide revolution in the United States, Whites must fight for the emancipation of Blacks from slavery into equals, to form a larger, unified working class, rather than attempt to perpetuate racial castes within the working class.
...
As Marx’s Civil War writings and his other writings on race demonstrate, his political agenda and his theory were not, as commonly misunderstood, limited solely to a focus on the emancipation of the White working class from factory labor, or to an exclusive concentration the destruction of capitalism. The destruction of capitalism was secondary; it was a means for a large-scale human emancipation that could restore labor from its alienated form back into its human essence. Marx’s primary concern was human emancipation, and the extreme degree of alienation of racialized slave labor and its role as the pivot of Western capitalist civilization marked it as the necessary place to start.
Contrary to accusations that Marx was a class reductionist, his Civil War writings reveal that race did not take a back seat to the class struggle; rather, the struggle against slavery was the harbinger that propelled the working class to join the struggle for human emancipation by identifying the different forms that oppression took.


But not everyone is sympathetic to such a position of course but it is the superficial outline I have in mind at the moment.
When blacks confront racial injustice they challenge much more about the society they live in, much better to keep them done than to let them run amok for some.
Last edited by Wellsy on 31 May 2020 02:49, edited 1 time in total.
  • 1
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 160

I've said this before: it can be useful to look at[…]

Election 2020

You are funny sometimes pretending ignorance. ? […]

He made a plea deal to save his son from the FARA[…]

@wat0n 1. The Fryer paper does not provide ev[…]