African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 26 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Julian658 wrote:POD:

I am from Latin America. Where I come from we have little racism even though we had slavery.

The white people are not coming to save the black community. The only whites that want to supposedly save the black poor people are condescending racists of low expectations. Racism can only be cured by changing stereotypes. To put yourself in the hands of others will not do the job.

Slavery was only part of the problem. Many countries, sadly, had slavery but the vast majority of them were able to mostly spunge the hate and stigma, at least to a large degree (pockets will exist for a long time).
The issue is not that they had slavery, took it away and now whites feel guilty and blacks feel oppressed. The issue is that long after slavery was outlawed, there was little to no appetite to strife for equality, prosecute assholes that frankly were criminals.
The stench of racism can be felt constantly.
Take for instance, Trump. He could have done his best to de-escalate the situation. Frankly, he could have just shut the fuck up and that would have been fine. Instead, rather than offer an unequivocal, strong reprisal of racism and promess personal interest in the pursue of justice in this and many other cases, he goes on to amplify the tensions by offering quotes/threats from brutal cops... in a case of cop brutality. Tell me that he removed the tweet and offer an appology and went on TV to ask for forgiveness of the pain he caused by tweeting something hurtful? No... Tell me that republicans were uniformly outraged and condemned the president's tweet... no.
No excuses. Racism is flamboyant in this country.
You don't get to fake outrage at black people being "dramatic". Guess what, after centuries of oppression, continuous oppression, after their sons, daughters, mothers, fathers being murdered in cold blood, captured on video with usually bland response (or sometimes non-existent) from law enforcement and the politicians that are SUPPOSED TO BE REPRESENTING THEM pretending that they did not hear.... After all of that, I think they have earned the right to be a bit dramatic and to set a few shit on fire.
Would I prefer they didn't? Sure. But I understand it. I understand it if a mother throws a glass or a dinner plate and breaks it when full of rage if she finds her daughter is doing drugs, or her son was murdered. Consider this the equivalent for a whole community for that glass thrown to the wall.
Frankly, the dismissal of their pain and anguish by people like yourself is just as problematic for the healing of those wounds as their "dramatic reaction" if not much more.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You misunderstood.

When I said that the inherent racism of US society was never addressed, I did not mean that it was never talked about. I meant that it was never talked about in any meaningful way that led to it being resolved.

Maybe because the "problem" as you see it cannot be resolved?

Pants-of-dog wrote:I see. You want to ignore police brutality against blacks and instead derail the conversation into one where you are the victim because blacks are being unfair by focusing on how structural racism and police brutality intersect.

No, I want to focus on police brutality against ALL races including black people. Why don't you?

By the way, did you hear about the black police officer who allegedly lied about two innocent white home owners selling drugs and and another officer invaded their home and executed them?

Yeah, wtf is with these raids? The Breeona Taylor case also...

I’m curious, if the whole martial law thing has made things much worse for people who come into contact with law enforcement.
XogGyux wrote:The issue is not that they had slavery, took it away and now whites feel guilty and blacks feel oppressed. The issue is that long after slavery was outlawed, there was little to no appetite to strife for equality, prosecute assholes that frankly were criminals. The stench of racism can be felt constantly.

Yes true. Another problem is that you can ban slavery and Jim Crow and make all the laws you want, but you can't make a law to change how people think, so hatred has remained.

They also didn't do much of anything to help slaves after they were freed. 40 acres and a mule was promised but not given. But what they did was institute things like the "black codes" and Jim Crow. If 40 acres and a mule was given right after slavery it would have changed a lot. There was half the country not even settled in yet.
They're rioting in Brooklyn. I'm surprised there's still black people left in Brooklyn. Last time I was there it was gentrified out the ass. Maybe all the hipster yuppie "allies" that drove all the POCs out through gentrification are rioting in solidarity? :lol:
Unthinking Majority wrote:And some people in this thread are defending these riots. Disgusting.

Who is defending this?
Saying that you understand why this is happening is not the same as defending anything. This is the kind of behavior that perpetuates the constant fighting.
These people in the video are not different from the bully cops that killed the other guy. Similar behavior.
maz wrote:Maybe because the "problem" as you see it cannot be resolved?

Thanks for providing an example of white people embracing excuses not to do anything about racism.

No, I want to focus on police brutality against ALL races including black people. Why don't you?

Because right now we are discussing racist police brutality.

White lives matter all the time. The cop’s white life was so important (compared to the life of Mr. Floyd) that he knelt on Mr. Loyd’s neck for several minutes after Mr. Floyd told the racist murderer that he (Mr. Floyd) could not breathe.

And you want me to focus on how the cop’s life might also be at risk? No.

That would ignore the very obvious and racist issue of the fact that only the black guy was lying on the ground, being killed while handcuffed.

By the way, did you hear about the black police officer who allegedly lied about two innocent white home owners selling drugs and and another officer invaded their home and executed them?

Thanks for providing another example of how some white people want to deliberately ignore racism.
@Deutschmania I may have made a mistake about where this is going. Messaging seems to be all over the place.

Just check out this amazing Tweet and read the responses to it:

Trump Derrangement Syndrome + lockdown cabin fever + years of calling for a revolution is seemingly going to reveal a lot of things about the American electorate soon.
The racist posters in this thread are dumb as fuck and keep trying to change the subject because they can't defend their racist beliefs. You're fucking cowards, and you have Maz the nazi on your side. The man who spent 100+ pages having a meltdown trying to prove avowed nazi James Fields 1) wasn't a nazi and 2) wasn't a murderer.

Like I dunno guys, maybe when you have the world's most inept /pol/ nazi on your side you should do a little introspection about how you ended up being such a huge piece of shit.
Sivad wrote::lol:

Wulfschilde wrote:@Deutschmania I may have made a mistake about where this is going. Messaging seems to be all over the place.

Just check out this amazing Tweet and read the responses to it:

Trump Derrangement Syndrome + lockdown cabin fever + years of calling for a revolution is seemingly going to reveal a lot of things about the American electorate soon.

You guys should really focus on the actual topic.

————————-

Some racist cops have been inspired by the racist murderer from Charlottesville:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7008288/nypd ... rge-floyd/

Two New York City police vehicles appear to drive into protesters gathered over the death of George Floyd, according to at least two videos posted on Twitter Saturday night.

One 25-second video, filmed looking down on the street from above, shows dozens of protesters gathered on a street, some of them behind an orange fence that separates the crowd from one NYPD vehicle.

Protesters throw a few items at the vehicle, including an orange traffic cone.

A second NYPD vehicle drives up to the right of the first vehicle, sirens on, pushing some protesters back as it drives forward.

The first NYPD vehicle then lurches forward into the orange fence, forcing people on the other side of the fence to scatter. The video shows at least one person falling down. It is unclear if anyone was injured.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Thanks for providing an example of white people embracing excuses not to do anything about racism.

Because right now we are discussing racist police brutality.

A Latina worked with a black and mulatto police officer to have a white couple killed. How is that not racist police brutality?

Has anyone come straight out and said there wasn’t a racist element to what happened to Mr Floyd PoD? Maybe some posters don’t want to keep flaming the fire, geez.

This thread is as skewed as the riots going on as we speak.

Law enforcement is fucked generally. It’s very fucked towards the black community, specifically black men. This is sad, old news.

But practically speaking, unless the police state that’s been allowed to develop isn’t checked - everyone is in danger.

We can’t just keep squarwking racism. It isn’t helping and at this point may be making shit worse. Fuck me.
ness31 wrote:
Law enforcement is fucked generally. It’s very fucked towards the black community, specifically black men. This is sad, old news.

But practically speaking, unless the police state that’s been allowed to develop isn’t checked - everyone is in danger.

We can’t just keep squarwking racism. It isn’t helping and at this point may be making shit worse. Fuck me.

That's what I have been saying since like 10 years ago when I joined this forum.

Squawking racism is making it worse because the idea of racism as these idiots are claiming is simply not true.

These riots were never about a black man getting killed and proof of that is the police officer in question is been arrested and is probably going to get many years in prison and these riots are only growing in intensity.

Yeah the cops are getting pissed off and paranoid. Imagine risking your life every day for decades and people want you dead for employing choke holds against people who could be on drugs and hiding weapons on their bodies. While people are rioting because some cops shoved a guy, the cops are thinking about their dead co-workers and how their lives and livelihoods are in danger for unfair reasons even though they risk themselves to protect people.

Man, I feel so bad for cops in America. I understand that there are crooked cops in the world. I've been threatened by cops before myself. But my job doesn't involve a risk of dying every fucking day.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

He was "one of the good ones". Of cours[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]