African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 45 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Not much sympathy here. This guy put himself on the line for his favorite bar. The fact that he was prioritizing some guy's property and his own vain consumption over the struggle for racial justice is what probably got his ass kicked. It becomes very obvious when white people are racially tone deaf and things can escalate pretty quickly.
Donna wrote:Not much sympathy here. This guy put himself on the line for his favorite bar. The fact that he was prioritizing some guy's property and his own vain consumption over the struggle for racial justice is what probably got his ass kicked. It becomes very obvious when white people are racially tone deaf and things can escalate pretty quickly.

Don't get drunk in your own self-righteousness.
This is not like black guys' life is going to get better by burning shit down to the core. Beating someone to a pulp is not a solution to anything.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
noemon wrote:Black Lives Matter! Black Lives Matter! Black Lives Matter!

That's Trump's inauguration crowd, just a bit early.

All the haters complained that he would not be able to handle a crisis. Who is laughing now that he did such an amazing job? :lol:

Oh shit, a bunch of black guys burning an American flag. Who is ready for the next set of anti-flag burning bills and crybabies.....
Last edited by XogGyux on 01 Jun 2020 09:42, edited 2 times in total.
Interesting developments. Perfect storm of events; an all ready hostile citizenry and growing social movement, fueled by mass unemployment and the worsening of the economy by the Corona crisis.

And all of this during election year with the most controversial president since (insert president of choice, I've heard Harding?).

And all the while the rest of the world is convulsing of similar trauma.

What a time to be alive! :D
'Mr President, don't go hide': China goads US over George Floyd protests

We might have to invent a new term; hyper-trolling.
A trolling of never seen before scale. Never have so many done so little and achive so much.
MadMonk wrote:'Mr President, don't go hide': China goads US over George Floyd protests

We might have to invent a new term; hyper-trolling.
A trolling of never seen before scale. Never have so many done so little and achive so much.

LOL

I also found this.

WOW
A little bit of me died when I ended up agreeing with this person :lol: :lol:
She has been seeing through Trump's faccade for a while now, but geez... when you start losing people like this... you know you are in deep shit trouble.

Let's put things in perspective. Last week he was making fun of Biden for not going outside and staying on a basement :lol:
The fucking irony! You cannot make this shit up.
There is a God, and it is trolling the crap out of everyone :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by XogGyux on 01 Jun 2020 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
MadMonk wrote:Interesting developments. Perfect storm of events; an all ready hostile citizenry and growing social movement, fueled by mass unemployment and the worsening of the economy by the Corona crisis.

And all of this during election year with the most controversial president since (insert president of choice, I've heard Harding?).

And all the while the rest of the world is convulsing of similar trauma.

What a time to be alive! :D

Right as the S&P 500 stabilized above 3,000 and the Nasdaq 100 over 9,500 too. Six months before an election. So curious :excited:
Lmao Donald Trump is a weak little bitch who could barely stand up to the moderation staff of Twitter, and now he's too scared to deal with the nation burning down.

Everyone who supported him on this forum is also a weak little bitch who looked up to a bigger bitch as a source of inspiration. Eat my ass, you fucking weaklings.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lmao Donald Trump is a weak little bitch who could barely stand up to the moderation staff of Twitter, and now he's too scared to deal with the nation burning down.

Everyone who supported him on this forum is also a weak little bitch who looked up to a bigger bitch as a source of inspiration. Eat my ass, you fucking weaklings.

Sounds ableist to me.
Wulfschilde wrote:Right as the S&P 500 stabilized above 3,000 and the Nasdaq 100 over 9,500 too. Six months before an election. So curious :excited:

The stock is not the economy.
The fed have been pumping trillions of dollars.
Investors... actually really traders, because real investors do not make thousands upon thousands of trades like many of these people do are known for staying in the boiling pot for too long. They are more like gamblers than real investors to be honest.
Also, those indeces are heavily influenced by super large corporations that have not been hit that hard by the virus. Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Walmart, Google they make like 20%+ and all of them are doing solidly because of tele-working/etc, this makes up for a huge chunk of the hit that the rest of the smaller companies are taking.
When you put speculation, printing money and a bunch of irresponsible gamblers to "work" and then you let them run free for a while, you are setting yourself for failure.
I highly suspect we will see a much bigger crash than what we saw early on. Who knows, maybe the protests will be the spark for that. We will see.
XogGyux wrote:The stock is not the economy.
The fed have been pumping trillions of dollars.
Investors... actually really traders, because real investors do not make thousands upon thousands of trades like many of these people do are known for staying in the boiling pot for too long. They are more like gamblers than real investors to be honest.
Also, those indeces are heavily influenced by super large corporations that have not been hit that hard by the virus. Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Walmart, Google they make like 20%+ and all of them are doing solidly because of tele-working/etc, this makes up for a huge chunk of the hit that the rest of the smaller companies are taking.
When you put speculation, printing money and a bunch of irresponsible gamblers to "work" and then you let them run free for a while, you are setting yourself for failure.
I highly suspect we will see a much bigger crash than what we saw early on. Who knows, maybe the protests will be the spark for that. We will see.

I realize that. But I also realize that there is a lot of context here. Regarding stocks, the common wisdom is that we have "support and resistance levels" that are strongest around psychological milestones. When one is broken through it changes its type from support to resistance or vice versa. The S&P 500 in particular broke through the 3,000 level, had a pull back, then kept going up. And then bam, George Floyd and mass rioting, maybe two days later.

Anyway, we will get another George Floyd some time in the next six months, unfortunately.

The cities and schools moving to arrest the protes[…]

@FiveofSwords About 12 different genes control[…]

The report is about whether the UNRWA, as an inst[…]

Victoria Nuland called. She wants her ahistoric[…]