African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 52 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15096595
annatar1914 wrote:Telling people why they are wrong and foolish is painful to them. It is oftentimes not respected I understand that. Trump is what he is, but more importantly, the ''Left'' doesn't even exist in any meaningful sense and cannot grasp how to deal with him anyway, and you know it in your heart of hearts.


"Hurr durr, you will see how smart I was in the end despite the undeniable fact that my shitty, bankrupt ideology can produce no concrete proposals on anything."

You're done. Go home.
#15096596
SpecialOlympian wrote:They're just trying to set up the classic "He was no angel" defense. Thanks for this though.

I know, i can see through the thin veil. Not unlike bj earlier.
But again, it doesn't change anything. This guy could have been Hitler, and died from a laser shoot from space and it would not lessen the fact that he was brutalized.
People need to get this through their heads. This is why we see people with psychiatric and developmental disabilities also being brutalized by police, many police "officers" have no composure what so ever and are incapable of dialing in an appropriate level of force.
Remember, innocent people can get anxious and unpredictable under stress... that is not a justification to fill them with lead. Similarly with psychiatric patients or even criminals.
#15096598
Saeko wrote:"Hurr durr, you will see how smart I was in the end despite the undeniable fact that my shitty, bankrupt ideology can produce no concrete proposals on anything."

You're done. Go home.


Shooting looters and vandals and people who beat innocent civilians and commit crimes against public safety seems a good start.

Fact is, it is the liberal ideology, the fake ''Leftism'' (that actually is a degenerate form of an already degenerate Fascism) that is ''done''.

How again is any of this mindless reactionary spasm of destruction getting justice for George Floyd?
#15096599
Saeko wrote:There is a real danger here that neither our allies nor our enemies abroad will never take us seriously ever again.

The illusion of competence in American leadership has been utterly annihilated.

Putin and Xi-Jinping are laughing at us.


I don't think this is new. It literally happened last year when the world leaders were literally caught on camera making fun of Trump and he got angry and left prematurely :lol: . For context that was before being impeached, before failing catastrophically on COVID and before burning our country.
#15096600
annatar1914 wrote:Shooting looters and vandals and people who beat innocent civilians and commit crimes against public safety seems a good start.


Yeah because that's worked out SOOOO fucking well so far. Your mind is consumed by fear. It's a good thing that you will never ever ever lead anything or anyone ever. You are simply incapable of rational thought.

Fact is, it is the liberal ideology, the fake ''Leftism'' (that actually is a degenerate form of an already degenerate Fascism) that is ''done''.

How again is any of this mindless reactionary spasm of destruction getting justice for George Floyd?


Nobody has the slightest clue what the fuck you're even talking about, and that's because neither do you. You're just repeating yourself like a mindless insect.
#15096601
XogGyux wrote:I don't think this is new. It literally happened last year when the world leaders were literally caught on camera making fun of Trump and he got angry and left prematurely :lol: . For context that was before being impeached, before failing catastrophically on COVID and before burning our country.


That was a big blow but this is the end.
#15096603
I agree the police are out of control, but obviously that doesn't mean that "the people" can just do whatever the fuck they want.


No MAZ. This is a democracy. Acting together "the people" can do whatever they want. This is a police riot.

Hindsite posted some inaccurate bullshit about the Insurrection act. This is why I am sick of barracks lawyers. Here is what the relevant law says:

Sec. 15. From and after the passage of this act it shall not be lawful to employ any part of the Army of the United States, as a posse comitatus, or otherwise, for the purpose of executing the laws, except in such cases and under such circumstances as such employment of said force may be expressly authorized by the Constitution or by act of Congress; and no money appropriated by this act shall be used to pay any of the expenses incurred in the employment of any troops in violation of this section and any person willfully violating the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction thereof shall be punished by fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars or imprisonment not exceeding two years or by both such fine and imprisonment[9]


To send in the army when it is not authorized is an impeachable offense. In this case it is not authorized. Full stop. Of course Trump could go to congress to get authorization but he does not believe in democracy so it will not occur to him. Or to his pathetically ignorant followers.

I would try to explain this to Trump supporters who are worrying the autopsy reports to death. In their ignorance of Minnesota law they are searching for cover in the cause of death. Won't work in Minnesota. Here is the law: (Before Hindsite pukes up some more bullshit I will ask him to get a dictionary and an adult and have the adult explain to him what imminently dangerous act means.)

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

Then we have these so-called conservatives, carrying a copy of the constitution in their pockets for show, supporting a president who believes he has the right to conduct a military invasion of a state without the consent of the governor representing the people of that state.

I will say this again and again. Trump supporters are very frequently unable to understand even the most basic tenants of our constitutional democracy. This leads them to support a very dangerous person. Our democracy may not survive. Indeed it has been dead for sometime now. We will see in November. I am detecting a cracking of Trump's alliance. Many of my conservative friends are happier with Biden than Trump. They believe that as Trump gets deeper and deeper into the ugly negative campaigning he will adopt people will just see him in a worse and worse light. But the dunderheads who support him now are too stupid and too besotted to understand.
#15096605
A youtuber who knows his rights and travels across the US filming the police as is his right and verbally bitch-slapping them when they do things illegally. Know your rights!:

#15096611
Unthinking Majority wrote:A youtuber who knows his rights and travels across the US filming the police as is his right and verbally bitch-slapping them when they do things illegally. Know your rights!:


I am not a fan of provocateurs either. These people that go to bait police are not much better. I am all for transparecy but this guy isen't doing that.
#15096613
I wonder were are all those MAGA dumb idiots that were protesting lockdown a couple of weeks ago... are they protesting curfew as well? :lol:
Hypocresy.
Don't get me wrong, a bunch of idiots with bazookas and ak47 is the last thing these cities need with the current tensions. But it shows the hypocrisy of the mega freedom idiots.
#15096616
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lmfao imagine being Blackjack right now. You got all excited for Trump because he was the angriest and loudest racist you'd ever seen in politics. Finally, someone who spoke to you.

And now everyone is burning down Confederate slave markets and police stations and the guy who told you America was going to be GREAT again is nowhere to be found. Lmfao.

Uh, I told you Trump was going to be significant in 2015, because he was the only one to address illegal immigration and trade. That's still the case, and that's why he's still likely to win.

It's your neighborhoods that are burning down, not mine. Watts and Detroit never recovered. Minneapolis is headed that way now too.

Zionist Nationalist wrote:They will crush Hong Kong dissidents eventually and you wont stop them no SJW politics are present there

All the people who care about the riots in America do not give a shit about millions of people in Hong Kong losing their rights. That's why I assume this whole thing is political. The Democrats even used covid to let the criminals out of jail. I'm pretty sure that voters aren't going to be thanking them for that.

Zionist Nationalist wrote:It's so bizarre seeing the banking and corporate world manipulate a population into thinking they're fighting some establishment.

I don't think they expected nationwide riots. I've been saying that for a month now, because you can't just throw 40M people out of work and not have problems. The rioters in LA decided to go to Santa Monica and loot stores there. The residents have already drafted a recall petition for their mayor. Rich liberals will be voting for law and order in November. Insurance companies will be withdrawing political support from weak mayors too. They are going to be facing some nasty losses.

Zionist Nationalist wrote:People argue about what party from the choice of two they have. The reality is the people who fund those parties go to the same dinners and behind closed door meetings. Its an oligarchy and the oligarchs have the lower classes fight one another.

I find it amazing that people think that they can effect change without actually changing who they vote for. It's mystifying.

maz wrote:We now have gigabytes of video evidence of the attackers carrying out the attacks.

I've heard reports of Antifa delivering loads of bricks and cases of water (not to drink, but to throw at police).

noemon wrote:You are the murderous terrorists killing innocent people on a whim and defending their murderers shamelesly and with no remorse. Your time is up. Consider yourselves lucky that weak Incels like your selves even made it centre-stage for a brief historical moment.

It's the urban Democrat political machine that's doing that. You can whine about it all you want, but that's the fact. It may change. After the LA riots, the city elected Richard Riordan. After the NYC riots, the city elected Rudy Giuliani. After the riots in 1968, the country elected Nixon. Democrats aren't keeping their constituents safe.

colliric wrote:I just remember how the Rodney King riots changed nothing.

It did end Tom Bradley's career. I'm sure it will do the same to the Mayor of Minneapolis too.

Wat0n wrote:If he delivers, it's a coup.

Not exactly. The president does have that authority. Bush federalized National Guard troops in California during the LA riots. Eisenhower did too to enforce school desegregation. Troops are not allowed to enforce basic laws, but they can put down insurrections and rebellions.

US Constitution wrote:The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.
...
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Basically, the president has the authority to suppress rebellions and insurrections, and that is what we're seeing now. The president announced today that he would do that. I suggest he starts with Lafayette park first, and then move on to Minneapolis. It's going to take 100k troops on the streets. It's not going to be a small use of force.

Wat0n wrote:I wonder if his secretaries couldn't just end this charade and do the 25th.

Mike Pence is pussing out. So I don't think that will make anyone happy.

Wat0n wrote:If he wanted to play this game, he just needed to wait until the Governors themselves would have no option but to toughen up and request Federal help on their own.

They've screwed up big time thinking huge demonstrations would somehow help them politically. Property owners and their insurers are not going to be pleased.

Wat0n wrote:Would the US military obey a clearly illegal order?

They fought the Civil War. So... Do you think the Civil War was illegal?

Beren wrote:His administration is over and he's unelectable anyway, the GOP should only focus on Congressional elections.

The Republicans will sweep after this. The Democrats held the House for 40 years. After the LA riots, the Republicans gained hugely and finally took the House in 1994. For a guy living in Hungary of all places, you seem more like your expressing your hopes than your opinions.

Wat0n wrote:I don't know, is Biden electable when Democrats are the ones who have to deal with the protests? I would believe so if the Republicans had to. But they don't.

The Democratic Party is imploding right now. Its two factions seem to be irreconcilable at this point

A lot of the people commenting here are not American and do not understand the sentiments on the ground.

Beren wrote:How are they irreconcilable? They've clearly reconciled.

He's talking about voters, not politicians. Rioters just burned down a police precint in a Democratic city. That suggests that they aren't too happy.

Donna wrote: That happened in 2016. It's a lot stronger today than it was back then.

They had to buy off challengers to give the nomination to Biden to avoid a brokered convention. One thing is for sure, a lot of Bernie voters are not going to come in to the fold.

JohnRawls wrote:The is within the realm of possibility with the Covid situation and mismanagement. Current riots are just the cherry on top.

Yes, but the biggest problems in both cases are in Democrat areas, not Republican areas.

JohnRawls wrote:Trump supporters will always say that he will win even if he looses a nuclear war to Estonia or something. Partly this comes from the fact that even his supporters had doubts at Trump winning his first term. But he won. He won for a slew of reasons that were analyzable and predictable.

If the pols and the media were being honest. They weren't then, and they certainly aren't now. Joe Biden represents free trade with China, open borders, plenty of corruption, etc. People who voted for Trump have not changed their minds on those issues. The Democrats could have mirrored Trump on those issues and tried to win back white working class voters. Do you think blacks rioting is going to make them say, "Gee! Maybe I should vote for Joe Biden and open borders and free trade while there are 40M people unemployed!" I don't think that's going to happen.

JohnRawls wrote:To this degree, Bidens win is predictable.

You are forgetting all of the things he has said in the primaries. For example, he says he's coming to take away people's AR-15s. Not a good look after these riots when the police and the national guard can't get the job done.

Pants-of-dog wrote:So, yes, the rioting is irrelevant in comparison to the violence, which is mostly caused by the police.

People who have been beaten by a mob are not going to have any problem with the police, I can assure you.

Pants-of-dog wrote:It sure helps to work with the police and attorneys who are supposedly investigating you!

Exactly. They are also all union, all make contributions to the party. They all play on the same team. It's pay to play. Chauvin will see prison though. He's a sacrificial pawn in the larger scheme of things.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Do you know of any white people in the USA who have been killed for possibly having a counterfeit bill?

Not personally. The US Marshalls killed a white guy a few years ago in connection with counterfeiting.

Bethany man killed in shootout with U.S. marshals was wanted in counterfeiting conspiracy
Image
Is that white enough for you?

Wat0n wrote:Are they? I mean, the electorate in the far left of the spectrum is currently demonstrating against Democrats currently governing cities. If it doesn't implode, then at the very least it's been deserted by that part of the political spectrum, which isn't as small as it used to be (just like the far right part of the American political spectrum has grown in size).

I think they are giving you their hopes, not their analysis. Mayors that allow riots are often replaced.

JohnRawls wrote:You might have a point IF Trump wasn't partially responsible for what is happening. The problem with your argument is that any sane person understands that Trump is at fault for the riots on many levels.

He's not at fault at all. To stop them, he has to declare an emergency and federalize national guard troop overriding governors and mayors. It's a last responder action, not a first responder action.

JohnRawls wrote:May be Trump was slow to react, may be there was no ill intent. A fuck up is still a fuck up.

First responders are the police. Second responders are the national guard. If they can't handle it, they are the ones who fucked up. The president doesn't put down riots unless it's absolutely necessary, and it is becoming necessary because the governors (mostly Democrats) are failing to get it done.

annatar1914 wrote:Protestors for justice in the case of George Floyd are righteous. Rioters who are terrorizing people, looting, burning, beating up people, vandalizing, etc... Are human garbage, devils, traitors and deserving of execution on the spot, hung from the nearest tree or lamp-post.

Not least of the reason why being because it has nothing to do with George Floyd and his murder, and everything to do with Anarchism and a destructive and insane Nihilism that lurks at the very core of Liberalism.

Anybody who doesn't see this clearly has a burned out conscience and is morally blind and corrupt as a responsible citizen and even as a human being.

They see it clear as day, but they think that any sort of trouble will get people to abandon Trump. Keep in mind, Democrats started letting people out of prison just before this so that prisoners didn't catch covid. Voters will not be happy about this. There have already been murders unrelated to the riots from prisoners released. The break down of law and order is right at the feet of the Democrats. It happened in 1968 and 1992. I spent my childhood in Berkeley, CA. Ronald Reagan got elected the year I was born, because the Democrats failed to keep the peace. This type of thing doesn't work out for them, but each generation has to learn that lesson again.

Drlee wrote:would be to cut off his twitter feed. Seriously.

He would just go to minds.com, gab, etc. That wouldn't kill Trump. It would kill Twitter.

Drlee wrote:I will say this again and again. Until sergeants, lieutenants, captains and chiefs start to lose their jobs swiftly over these incidents, they will not stop.

That is absolutely correct. That's one of the first things Giuliani did following the Abner Louima incident.

Unthinking Majority wrote:Under "other significant conditions" it said Floyd suffered from heart disease and hypertension, and listed fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use. Those factors were not listed under cause of death."

Ugghhh... That's troubling, because Fentanyl does depress the respiratory system and using it recreationally is illegal. Clearly the cop is guilty, but it's going to be fucked if this guy walks.

Pants-of-dog wrote:The police have killed another black person. David McAtee, rest in peace.

Unfortunately, there's going to be more of that, not less.

Godstud wrote:@SpecialOlympian I thought, for a moment there, that these were confiscated from a police department, who shouldn't have access to military-grade weapons.

What makes you think police don't have military grade weapons? Ever hear of SWAT?

Wat0n wrote:I wouldn't say solid is the best term, even before this. It's doing better than in 2016 but the primary did show and even underscore that the party is indeed divided. Trump seemingly purged all the internal opposition in the GOP.

Democrat turnout was lower too, while Republican turnout was high.

ness31 wrote:It doesn’t change the fact that Floyd was murdered. As Blackjack keeps saying, if the law is upheld, the rest is irrelevant.

It’s sad that autopsy reports have to change to pander to dumb violent people :hmm:

They will have to make the jury watch that entire video and focus on the fact that the knee on the neck was unnecessary. With Fentanyl in his system, they will be claiming they didn't know he was on a depressant and that his illegal drug use contributed to his death (which it probably did, but it still doesn't justify Chauvin's actions).

Drlee wrote:Now Trump is threatening to send in the army where the governors are refusing to call out the national guard. The sad thing is that Trump supporters are simply too unintelligent to realize that he can't do that.

Eisenhower did just that to enforce desgregation in Little Rock. George H.W. Bush did it during the 1992 LA Riots.

XogGyux wrote:How is it possible that the police/prosecution side of this is still playing shenanigans. I am a cautious person to jump to conclusions but come on, there is fucking video evidence...

It's the urban Democratic party machine. They take care of their own. It's pretty much organized crime, and a heavy, heavy dose of virtue signalling that fools so many people. Ted Kennedy killed Mary Jo Kopechne and was never charged. Everybody knows it. Joe Biden digitally raped Tara Reade. She kept it quiet for years and never pressed charges. It's a pay to play gig. Good paying government jobs, pensions, etc.

annatar1914 wrote:You could care less for all the George Floyd's of the world, they are just a means to tear down, to kill, and to destroy.

Yep. That's why Democrats ended up voting for Reagan, Nixon and Bush I.

XogGyux wrote: Like I told bj before, it would not change anything because what happened is inexcusable regardless and thus I consider the report simply as smoke.

Yes, but lawyers and expert witnesses and an intimidated jury play a role too. That's why I say this stuff has to be done carefully. Chavin gets a jury of his peers, not Floyds.

Wulfschilde wrote:I don't know, the knee on the back of the neck thing appears to be a generic submission hold. A man who did not have two heart conditions while on fentanyl would presumably not have died from it. I would not make presumptions about the case yet but due to the publicity and events, it'll be very hard for the officer to get a fair trial.

This is what supporters of the Democratic party don't get, because they really believe all the virtue signaling and political correctness. The first thing the defense will do is motion for a change of venue. Remember the Rodney King cops were tried in Simi Valley not LA. In that case, the riots happened after the verdict. In this case, they riots happened before the trial.

Saeko wrote:Your analysis is completely retarded armchair pseudo-philosophical bullshit.

He's right. There is a night and day difference between the rioters and the protesters. Protesters go to city hall or the police station. Rioters go to the mall and the downtown stores.

SpecialOlympian wrote:They're just trying to set up the classic "He was no angel" defense.

Yes, and it works. The cops can get on the stand and start crying and say they didn't mean to kill him and they didn't know he was a speed baller.

XogGyux wrote:But again, it doesn't change anything. This guy could have been Hitler, and died from a laser shoot from space and it would not lessen the fact that he was brutalized.

This is why you don't overcharge, though. Hell, even Rush Limbaugh said today that these guys should be charged with first degree murder. He comes from a family of lawyers. He should know straight away that they would probably walk on such charges. These cops will practice crying on cue, while expert witnesses will talk about all the famous people who have died speed balling and the danger of fentanyl and methamphetamine interactions. You guys love this political machine too much to see what it is and how it works.

XogGyux wrote:I don't think this is new. It literally happened last year when the world leaders were literally caught on camera making fun of Trump and he got angry and left prematurely :lol: . For context that was before being impeached, before failing catastrophically on COVID and before burning our country.

Yes, but his base of voters get laughed at by their so-called betters too. You have to understand why that's not a winning electoral strategy. Europe is pretty much fucked right now, as is China.

Saeko wrote:Yeah because that's worked out SOOOO fucking well so far. Your mind is consumed by fear. It's a good thing that you will never ever ever lead anything or anyone ever. You are simply incapable of rational thought.

I've got a crying woman I've been dealing with all day. That's the state of a lot of people around the country. Basically, the government has to let enough innocent people get killed so that they can justify coming in with the military. Rioters blocking firefighers, etc. with babies inside burning buildings is just the sort of footage they need so that there will be the political will to shoot the rioters. If the government has to set the fire itself and dress up as Antifa and sacrifice a baby, they'll do it.

XogGyux wrote:I sure hope so, but this guy has proven remarkably resillient.
Is like a fucking cockroach... keeps coming back.

We really won't know until election day, and I'd still bet on Trump. Look at Biden. Good god!

Drlee wrote:To send in the army when it is not authorized is an impeachable offense.

The government is authorized to put down an insurrection or rebellion. Ever hear of Abraham Lincoln? Ulysses Grant? William Tecumseh Sherman?

Drlee wrote:Of course Trump could go to congress to get authorization but he does not believe in democracy so it will not occur to him. Or to his pathetically ignorant followers.

Maybe he will. It is, after all, Democrat cities that are burning.

Drlee wrote:They believe that as Trump gets deeper and deeper into the ugly negative campaigning he will adopt people will just see him in a worse and worse light. But the dunderheads who support him now are too stupid and too besotted to understand.

Trump won with high negatives. He just drove Hillary's up even higher. He even won without winning the popular vote. You have to be pretty clever to win the White House.
Last edited by blackjack21 on 02 Jun 2020 07:32, edited 1 time in total.
  • 1
  • 50
  • 51
  • 52
  • 53
  • 54
  • 159

What good is a democracy if that democracy is hija[…]

Sivad does raise a good question: are America's co[…]

There is not (nor can be) a causal relationship be[…]

Trans women are trans women. We shouldn't treat t[…]