Donald in the Bunker - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
As hundreds of protesters gathered outside the White House on Friday evening, Secret Service agents rushed the president to an underground bunker.

Mr. trump and his team seemed taken off guard by the protests that materialized outside the White House on Friday night. Hundreds of people surged toward the White House as Secret Service and United States Park Police officers sought to block them. Bricks and bottles were thrown, and the police responded with pepper spray. At one point, an official said, a barricade near the Treasury Department next door to the White House was penetrated. After his evening in the bunker, Mr. trump emerged on Saturday morning to boast that he never felt unsafe and vow to sic “vicious dogs” and “ominous weapons” on intruders. What a guy, a real friend of the common man. A scared Melania Trump, anxious about the protests, opted at the last minute not to travel to Florida for the rocket launch on Saturday.

Protesters shouted “no justice, no peace,” and “black lives matter” as well as a chant targeting Mr. trump with an expletive while a phalanx of camouflage-wearing troops marched through Lafayette Square to reinforce the police lines. Crowds surged toward the riot troops, and some threw objects. Fires were set in a dumpster and a sport-utility vehicle, while glass windows were shattered at Washington icons like the Hay Adams Hotel and the Oval Room restaurant.

:hmm: Looks like donald is reaping the hatred, anger and division that he has been sowing.
By jimjam
On Sunday night, the police fired tear gas and unleashed flash grenades near the White House to disperse protesters who had smashed the windows of prominent buildings, overturned cars and set fires, with smoke seen rising from close to the Washington Monument.

The White House went dark, turning off almost all of its external lights, as protesters seethed outside.

History is happening right before our eyes folks. The hatred, division and anger that trump has been spreading over the past few years has turned around and is now blowing up in his face.

https://youtu.be/nOl2nHMDO7E
By wat0n
I'll have to be a contrarian, @jimjam, and say that much of this benefits him. He's been trying to stir shit up in Democratic-led states since at least April (Liberate Michigan! Liberate Virginia! Liberate Minnesota!), now he got what he wanted and is now blaming "weak Governors" for not stopping this.

Even worse, he can always claim he doesn't control Minneapolis Police and so he isn't to blame. The idea that his rhetoric is incendiary is unlikely to move his voter base to vote differently or at least stay home (assuming they aren't fired up by what they regard as weakness on the Democrats and his tweet saying he will "label Antifa as a terrorist organization"). I also doubt his "soft" voters will be too moved by those allegations either, at best they will concur but also point out that Democrats would be weak.

As for the Democrats, they seem to be imploding. How can they approach the upcoming election weakened in many of their traditional districts, be it because they are seen as weak or because they are seen as too repressive? Will the same guys who are protesting stay home come November or they'll vote Biden even if the majors of where they live, like Minneapolis, decide to be tougher when repressing the riots? Will the people who have been negatively affected by the looters and arsonists vote Biden come November, will they choose Trump or will they stay home? This hurts Dems. Trump doesn't need their votes, he only needs to demoralize the opposition voter so she will stay home. This shit is a disaster.
By Rugoz
jimjam wrote:Looks like donald is reaping the hatred, anger and division that he has been sowing.

Populists sow hatred, division and anger because they expect to benefit from it in the end. Not sure that will be the case here. Depends on whether Americans are sane enough to put an end to his presidency in November.
By Rugoz
colliric wrote:Joe Biden is no better. He can't even remember what day it is.

Biden could be a vegetable and still be the better choice, because he wouldn't constantly stir shit up.

For whatever reason people like him, especially blacks.
Trump just tear-gassed medics on the steps of a church, including one who used to work there as an assistant rector, so that he could have a photo-op to make it look like he wasn't afraid. He waved a bible around in the air, as it if had some meaning to him.

He claims he supports peaceful protest; he attacked peaceful protesters with flashbangs and pepper spray. He wants to look religious and concerned about the church; he hadn't cleared his pathetic photo-op with either the rector of the church, or the bishop of the diocese:

Mariann Budde, the Episcopal Bishop of Washington, D.C., told the Washington Post on Monday she was "not given even a courtesy call, that they would be clearing [the area] with tear gas so they could use one of our churches as a prop."

Trump held a Bible in his hand while standing outside the church for only a few minutes. Budde tweeted later that the president "used a Bible and a church of my diocese as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus and everything that our church stands for."
"To do so, he sanctioned the use of tear gas by police officers in riot gear to clear the church yard," she continued. "The President did not come to pray; he did not lament the death of George Floyd or acknowledge the collective agony of people of color in our nation. He did not attempt to heal or bring calm to our troubled land."
"The Bible teaches us to love God and our neighbor; that all people are beloved children of God; that we are to do justice and love kindness. The President used our sacred text as a symbol of division."
— Budde's tweet
The pastor of St. John's also told Fox News on Monday that he was unaware Trump was coming to the establishment, saying: "I feel like I'm in some alternative universe in a way."

National Episcopal clergy have joined in the outrage. Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Central Florida Greg Brewer tweeted: "I am shaken watching protestors in Lafayette Park gassed and cleared so that the President of the United States can do a photo ... This is blasphemy in real time."

https://www.axios.com/st-johns-church-t ... 59bbb.html
jimjam wrote:As hundreds of protesters gathered outside the White House on Friday evening, Secret Service agents rushed the president to an underground bunker.

:hmm: Looks like donald is reaping the hatred, anger and division that he has been sowing.

Hundreds of violent bloodthirsty anti-Trump rioters outside his door. Ya i'd go in the bunker too lol. What do you want him to do, march with them...so they can murder him? LOL. Peaceful protestors don't burn the same church on live TV.

Police were brutal tyrants as usual in DC clearing the crowd yesterday for Trump's walk to church, but he did show governors and mayors how to take control of their cities. I don't agree with the tactics but he did take back the streets by "dominating them".
By Beren
Unthinking Majority wrote:"Episcopal Bishop 'Deeply Offended' By Trump Using Bible As A 'Prop'".

Is he also deeply offended by rioting protestors who set fire to the church???

It was just people not knowing what they were doing, whereas Trump's a hypocrite, according to authentic Christianity, I guess.
By Donna
Unthinking Majority wrote:"Episcopal Bishop 'Deeply Offended' By Trump Using Bible As A 'Prop'".

Is he also deeply offended by rioting protestors [sic] who set fire to the church???

What makes you think he isn't? Oh wait, he criticized Trump, he must have his priorities ass backwards. :roll:
By jimjam

^ :lol: ^

I guess you have to be really really dumb to fall for Don The Con :(
By Donna
wat0n wrote:I'll have to be a contrarian, @jimjam, and say that much of this benefits him. He's been trying to stir shit up in Democratic-led states since at least April (Liberate Michigan! Liberate Virginia! Liberate Minnesota!), now he got what he wanted and is now blaming "weak Governors" for not stopping this.

Even worse, he can always claim he doesn't control Minneapolis Police and so he isn't to blame. The idea that his rhetoric is incendiary is unlikely to move his voter base to vote differently or at least stay home (assuming they aren't fired up by what they regard as weakness on the Democrats and his tweet saying he will "label Antifa as a terrorist organization"). I also doubt his "soft" voters will be too moved by those allegations either, at best they will concur but also point out that Democrats would be weak.

As for the Democrats, they seem to be imploding. How can they approach the upcoming election weakened in many of their traditional districts, be it because they are seen as weak or because they are seen as too repressive? Will the same guys who are protesting stay home come November or they'll vote Biden even if the majors of where they live, like Minneapolis, decide to be tougher when repressing the riots? Will the people who have been negatively affected by the looters and arsonists vote Biden come November, will they choose Trump or will they stay home? This hurts Dems. Trump doesn't need their votes, he only needs to demoralize the opposition voter so she will stay home. This shit is a disaster.

A lot of this analysis misses the big picture I believe, that Americans recognize today that Donald Trump is simply way too divisive. For swing voters the cost/benefit of having him as president is just a whole lot of drama and not a lot of lasting policy development. This was the mainstream conservative argument against Obama before republicans went insane, that he was too divisive etc. and that is why voters rejected his legacy in 2016, but we'll see now if Americans are honest enough to hold Trump to that same standard. If they aren't and he's is re-elected, the union will be in crisis. Voters have to know on some level that re-electing him will mean four more years of social unrest on American streets.
colliric wrote:Joe Biden is no better. He can't even remember what day it is.

Of course he's not. They're both Zionists. Only morons think that Biden is going to ''liberate'' the Americans from the so-called ''nazi white supremacist'' currently sitting in the White House. :lol:
By jimjam
'Mr President, don't go hide': China goads US over George Floyd protests.

On Sunday China’s foreign ministry spokeswoman, Hua Chunying posted “I can’t breathe”.

Tear gas rises above as protesters face off with police during a demonstration outside the White House
Donna wrote:What makes you think he isn't? Oh wait, he criticized Trump, he must have his priorities ass backwards. :roll:

I assume he is offended by the fire. But only his being offended by Trump's Bible-holding is major headline news.

Most of the media is out to destroy Trump politically. If he shows weakness and "hides" in his bunker, they call him a coward. If he shows strength by clearing out the protestors and walking to the church that was set on fire he's called a thug. If he let's the states take care of the protestors and he does nothing while the country is ramsacked he's criticized for doing nothing and being a weak leader, but if he calls on the governors to control the protests and threatens to bring in the military he's called a strong-arming bully. There's no scenario where he can win.
Beren wrote:It was just people not knowing what they were doing, whereas Trump's a hypocrite, according to authentic Christianity, I guess.

Wait what? People are setting fires and not knowing they're setting fires?

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]