Bernie Supporters not wanting to vote for Biden! - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15097226
They're doing that thing again when Bernie was first forced out by the DNC where they were demanding votes for Clinton. That worked out well huh, I'm sure telling the young ones who have no future under the status quo again how they must vote is going to work well this time around.

As I understand it, about 100 million Americans don't vote, cry harder.
#15097242
skinster wrote:Looks like it's you who's salty. :lol:

Anyway, my U.S. frands on the left don't plan to vote for a rightwing dementia-riddled pervert like Biden, sorry.


If your US frands can organize effectively enough to present a candidate and party capable of actually fucking winning, they have my vote. But since they probably don't, they'd better start Ridin' Biden.
#15097247
Saeko wrote:If your US frands can organize effectively enough to present a candidate and party capable of actually fucking winning, they have my vote.


There's no option for any other parties because you live in a two-party dictatorship where both parties are bought by banks/corporations and on most issues are pretty much the same.

But since they probably don't, they'd better start Ridin' Biden.


They're not rightwingers so why would they do that?
#15097253
My guess is that skinster secretly likes Trump, if only because he is so great at antagonizing people and playing a divide and conquer game (and to his credit, it works, the left has fallen for his strategy once again and big time).

The only issue is that the contemporary far left is also great at antagonizing people, at least or perhaps even better than Trump but without playing any divide and conquer game or thinking strategically at all.
#15097266
wat0n wrote:My guess is that skinster secretly likes Trump


Trump is a gift to the left. Who else is causing deep state meltdowns? Or severely eroding trust in the corporate media? Or undermining global capitalism's alliance with Chicom fascism? Or going after the big tech conglomerates? Or opting out of wars with Syria and Iran? Trump is the closest thing to a leftist we've had in the White House since Nixon.
#15097271
If someone cares to vote, they should vote for either Trump or Biden, because it's a two-party system anyway. No one should care to vote otherwise, they should rather go Bolshevik or Maoist or Anarchist or whatever radical, or they just shouldn't care at all.
#15097281
Sivad wrote:Trump is a gift to the left. Who else is causing deep state meltdowns? Or severely eroding trust in the corporate media? Or undermining global capitalism's alliance with Chicom fascism? Or going after the big tech conglomerates? Or opting out of wars with Syria and Iran? Trump is the closest thing to a leftist we've had in the White House since Nixon.


lol, Trump has formed an alliance with the Zucc and confronting China is something that every spook in the Five Eyes wants to do. He was close to the Clintons and was friends with Epstein. And it's very likely that the Pentagon has had to talk him out of dozens of proposed military actions.

You follow a false god, Sivad.
#15097314
skinster wrote:So you like your rulers when they pretend to care? Cool story, liberal.


Yeah, and pretending is very important. Trump could lead us into a nuclear war at any moment. He is crazy. The Oligarchs are at least act out of rational self-interest. That makes them predictable.
#15097319
I have no problem supporting Biden as a socialist and Marxist. But this wouldn't happen anywhere outside the United States. The Democratic Party is barely a party; it’s a series of shifting coalitions in 50 state organizations and some 3,000 U.S. counties. In many states, the center-right controls it. In city and county politics, real estate and banking interests dominate the local councils. In various clusters in New England and the Northwest it's dominated by progressives and anti-capitalists. Basically, it is a vast machine that is united by the unique circumstances of American history, circumstances that have marshaled all of the progressive forces in the union against the party that actively exploits the racial fracture.
#15097327
Donna wrote:There's definitely some white privilege operative in the Bernie-or-Bust crowd.

Working in NYC, I know a lot of white liberals who think that they can vote Biden and everything will "go back to normal" and they can stop paying attention to all this horrible politics stuff. It's a position that is probably the textbook definition of "white privilege."

And of course, that's before we go into the fact that a sizeable majority of non voters are non-white and non-wealthy (even when controlling for voter suppression).

"Not supporting Joe Biden is only possible if you have white privilege" is a lousy argument, and it's a big part of what caused the conditions that led to Trump in the first place.

Even now, with Trump openly going full fash, the Democrats are doing less than fuck all to oppose him. They can fuck off with their emotional blackmail.
Last edited by Heisenberg on 04 Jun 2020 02:05, edited 1 time in total.
#15097328
Heisenberg wrote:Working in NYC, I know a lot of white liberals who think that they can vote Biden and everything will "go back to normal" and they can stop paying attention to all this horrible politics stuff. It's a position that is probably the textbook definition of "white privilege."

And of course, that's before we go into the fact that a sizeable majority of non voters are non-white and non-wealthy (even when controlling for voter suppression).

"Not supporting Joe Biden is only possible if you have white privilege" is a lousy argument, and it's a big part of what caused the conditions that led to Trump in the first place.


The fact that NYC is full of delusional liberals doesn't really change the fact that voting for Biden is voting a white supremacist out of the White House.
#15097334
Donna wrote:The fact that NYC is full of delusional liberals doesn't really change the fact that voting for Biden is voting a white supremacist out of the White House.

Biden prides himself on his history of working with segregationists and has said "nothing will fundamentally change" if he is elected.

I can see the case for voting for Biden - although I don't think it's especially strong - but at what point does the Democratic Party simply become a lost cause from a left perspective? It's not beyond the realm of possibility that we'll see them nominate someone like Paul Ryan in the near future, to capture the coveted "#NeverRichardSpencer" Republican demographic.
#15097345
Heisenberg wrote:...but at what point does the Democratic Party simply become a lost cause from a left perspective?


Certainly not when it's instrumental in a popular front against a fascist.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that we'll see them nominate someone like Paul Ryan in the near future, to capture the coveted "#NeverRichardSpencer" Republican demographic.


In a scenario where Richard Spencer is the GOP nominee I think we can safely say that the failure of the left in America goes much deeper than the DNC.

I don't think anyone has talked about this yet. ht[…]

Trans women are trans women. We shouldn't treat t[…]

Recently, the United States Supreme Court struck a[…]

And one week further along: https://lh3.[…]