African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 76 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Why did the police officer think he could get away with it?

I'm sure he did not think they guy would die. More important though is that when the discussion is about one's "authority" rather than one's "responsibility" it is easy to have this kind of indifference. This office was a field training officer. He SHOULD have been the very one teaching the two new officers (who are now facing charges with him) about restraint and how to affect an arrest with the minimum of harm to everyone. Clearly the culture of his department let this happen. There is NOT DOUBT not only that the department had done little to nothing to prevent this. More concerning is that it is reasonable to assume that this culture has influenced every cop in the city. What is required is to fire or demote the leadership of the department down to the lieutenant level and replace it. For the time being serious consideration should be given to disarming all of the police in Minneapolis until they have been trained and train from the bottom up. This will get their attention. Also the Police thing they refuse to call a union should be banned.

I'm sure he now regrets his decision.

No doubt he does. But he is a thug and has been a thug for a long time. I have absolutely no pity for him at all save one thing. If the leadership of the department had wanted to prevent this it could have easily and long ago. What may be a shame is that there are a shit ton of sergeants, lieutenants and Captains who are NOT going to jail along side him. Better yet. I would disarm every policeman in the city with the rank of sergeant or above and not allow them to carry a firearm until all of their men have been trained and certified in the use of force and race relations. Their empty holster would serve as a stark reminder to them that they are responsible for the behavior of their men and that the next step is disarming the police entirely.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Voter fraud is real. And we know exactly who is doing it.

Defund the police.

I don't trust it, dont believe it. Too good to be true. :lol:
Its like getting melted chocolate ontop of an icecream.
Its like when it is 42C outside and you enter your cool appartment and pick up a beverage that is just about to freeze but still liquid with tiny little bits of ice.
Its like when you find the only empty parking slot and it is right next to the elevator

As usual, Trump is right about almost everything, with the exception that when he means democrats, he means republicans :lol:
XogGyux wrote:I don't trust it, dont believe it. Too good to be true. :lol:
Its like when it is 42C outside and you enter your cool appartment and pick up a beverage that is just about to freeze but still liquid with tiny little bits of ice.
Its like when you find the only empty parking slot and it is right next to the elevator

As usual, Trump is right about almost everything, with the exception that when he means democrats, he means republicans :lol:

It's like 2020 is a show on HBO.

Saeko wrote:It's like 2020 is a show on HBO.

Better, I have access to HBO Max, netflix and Amazon prime. Keep browsing content and end up watching CNN :lol: It is way much entertaining (albeit sad). House of cards appear so bland in comparison and the police violence puts Bruce Willis' movies to shame. I might cancel my streaming subscritions :lol: Save me some of that MONEAY!
Pants-of-dog wrote:Which claim do you think has no evidence?

You said: "racial bias was a strong component of everything that happened to Mr. Floyd after the cops were called."

It might have been, we don't know.

Let's bring up this guy's bodycam footage from the last year and see if he treated blacks differently than white when encountered or arrested or in physical altercations.

I argued that Mr. Floyd’s killer was probably racist because he was violent to Mr. Floyd, who is black, even though white people in similar circumstances are not arrested, beaten, and killed.

Based on what? An article you posted of one example of a white person not having that happen to them? Was he high on drugs too?
XogGyux wrote:I don't trust it, dont believe it. Too good to be true. :lol:

If it's public record you can check it yourself.
I wouldn’t classify the Mexican with the chainsaw as right wing, even if he did use the N word.

But that footage of the cops beating the restrained inmate? Geez, is it possible to verify that? I pray it isn’t real, but sadly, it probably is :hmm:

@Pants-of-dog No one has ever said anything abou[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Honestly I think you should give up on hoping to […]

I don't think a multiracial society can function[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Then why do Mexicans keep going to USA? IIRC, […]