Protesting George Floyd's Killing Is More Important Than Safety During The Coronavirus Pandemic - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Gosh, you guys are such arseholes to each other sometimes.

Anyway, there’s going to be a rally in Sydney Australia today that the courts tried to shut down because of covid...nice try. So typical of Australians, they ask permission to be able to protest :lol:
As I have already said in another thread, this is my take on this.

The peaceful demonstrators have made a choice that this case is rather like a soldier in battle, who is required by society to risk their life in order to further the worthy goal the nation went to war to achieve. Some of you may believe that this is different in that these individuals should not have this right because the soldiers are acting after the society has declared war.
. . . I remind you-all that the Deceleration says clearly that the people have a right and a *duty* to act even to the point of overthrowing the gov., and that the Founders added the 1st Amendment to the Constitution to specifically give the people the RIGHT to peacefully assemble to petition the gov. about their grievances.
. . . This case is slightly different in that they are also risking the health and maybe life of others. The demonstrators have decided that this case is more important than the small risk to others.
. . . Is this situation the fault of the demonstrators or is it the fault of the specific LEOs who have for years/decades murdered *unarmed* innocent-until-proven-guilty (mostly Black) citizens? I would point out that I (and the American people) have blamed the ACW on the Southern leaders who left the Union in 1862 and not the Northern leaders who reacted to this with a war. That is, the last actor is not always the one who should be blamed.
These alt-right racists keep on proving why they do not have a shred of honesty and decency on their bones. They were supporting the armed white marches weeks ago that were protesting the lockdown when they marched armed to the teeth and nobody bothered them, but now that people are marching for an actual cause they have their priorities and hypocrisy out on display. It's so pathetic it is quite surreal indeed.

noemon wrote:These alt-right racists keep on proving why they do not have a shred of honesty and decency on their bones. They were supporting the armed white marches weeks ago that were protesting the lockdown when they marched armed to the teeth and nobody bothered them, but now that people are marching for an actual cause they have their priorities and hypocrisy out on display. It's so pathetic it is quite surreal indeed.

You and this redheaded hick believe a lot of propaganda and lies. When the white people protested the unfair treatment of some businesses by Democrat governors during the lockdown and reopening, they were simply exercising their 1st amendment right. When a few people brought guns for protection, they were exercising their 2nd amendment right. I am assuming they must have had permits to carry if necessary in that state. They caused no riots or looting during that time and were peaceful and no one was injured or killed. They just got their point across and left.

That is much different than what happened with these latest protests by Black lives Matter, Antifa, etc. They mainly threw bricks and did not carry any guns out in the open, but several policemen and business owners were shot to death or wounded during the riots and looting by those Black protesters. Many of those businesses they destroyed and looted were Black owned.
99.99% of the protestors are peaceful. The remaining 0.1% is split between agent provocateurs and useful idiots. Protestors & Black people should show up armed to the teeth to get their point across and they will be exercising their 2nd amendment right.
noemon wrote:99.99% of the protestors are peaceful. The remaining 0.1% is split between agent provocateurs and useful idiots. Protestors & Black people should show up armed to the teeth to get their point across and they will be exercising their 2nd amendment right.

You are apparently making up figures now. You people in Europe must have a different idea of what armed to the teeth means than most of us Americans. Only the left-wing radicals here in America think that a few people carry one firearm each is being armed to the teeth. Have you spent any time in your nations military?
First of all, I have indeed been trained in the military but that is irrelevant and off-topic even if I hadn't.

Second, you are making up pathetic excuses that do not stand up to either logic or scrutiny.

The fact remains that your coronavirus outrage for the peaceful protests is totally misplaced when you are the same guy that was urging people to protest against coronavirus lockdown while being armed. The George Floyd protestors should show up armed according to their 2nd amendment rights, clearly that is the only way for them to be taken seriously.
noemon wrote:First of all, I have indeed been trained in the military but that is irrelevant and off-topic even if I hadn't.

Second, you are making up pathetic excuses that do not stand up to either logic or scrutiny.

The fact remains that your coronavirus outrage for the peaceful protests is totally misplaced when you are the same guy that was urging people to protest against coronavirus lockdown while being armed. The George Floyd protestors should show up armed according to their 2nd amendment rights, clearly that is the only way for them to be taken seriously.

I have been retired too long and am too old to be that guy. Anyway, it is not my style to protest like an idiot in the streets. The George Floyd protesters have already been taken seriously. The charge against the senior cop has been upgraded to second degree murder and the other three cops charged with aiding and abetting murder in connection with the death of George Floyd in their custody.

Ingraham: Social distancing from reality
Jun 4, 2020
noemon wrote:The fact remains that your coronavirus outrage for the peaceful protests is totally misplaced when you are the same guy that was urging people to protest against coronavirus lockdown while being armed. The George Floyd protestors should show up armed according to their 2nd amendment rights, clearly that is the only way for them to be taken seriously.

You are just changing the subject. I could care less about the peaceful protests as long as it doesn't include the riots, looting and senseless violence.

It seems like we are mostly past the violent and looting part, so these people can protest in public all they want. In fact, I am on Twitter encouraging the protests because it makes a sham out of social distancing, six feet apart flatten the curve BULLSHIT.

I had a good laugh at this thread.

maz wrote:You are just changing the subject. I could care less about the peaceful protests as long as it doesn't include the riots, looting and senseless violence.

It seems like we are mostly past the violent and looting part, so these people can protest in public all they want. In fact, I am on Twitter encouraging the protests because it makes a sham out of social distancing, six feet apart flatten the curve BULLSHIT.

I had a good laugh at this thread.

That is not what the title of this thread is communicating and it is your title. :lol:

You are very clearly using coronavirus pretending that coronavirus lockdown is more important than the protests but we do know that you do not believe that because you praised the gun-carrying whites protesting against the lockdown weeks ago. :lol:
noemon wrote:That is not what the title of this thread is communicating and it is your title. :lol:

You are very clearly using coronavirus pretending that coronavirus lockdown is more important than the protests but we do know that you do not believe that because you praised the gun-carrying whites protesting against the lockdown weeks ago. :lol:

I have never believed that the coronavirus lock downs were important. I posted the title thread based on the premise that I took from the article, which is a retarded premise.

The fact that I supported the armed protests in Wisconsin is evidence that I didn't give a shit about these stupid lock downs to begin with.

I don't even understand what you are trying to argue here.

I have never believed that the coronavirus lock downs were important. I posted the title thread based on the premise that I took from the article, which is a retarded premise.

The fact that I supported the armed protests in Wisconsin is evidence that I didn't give a shit about these stupid lock downs to begin with.

I don't even understand what you are trying to argue here.

I know you have not and that is why your OP is so hypocritical. It should be quite obvious what I'm saying. It's good that you are now changing your tune but at least do not pretend that this is exactly what you meant with your ironic title.
noemon wrote:I know you have not and that is why your OP is so hypocritical. It should be quite obvious what I'm saying. It's good that you are now changing your tune but at least do not pretend that this is exactly what you meant with your ironic title.

I believe the point of the thread was to point out that the Left found a more important political issue to use to further their agenda.

Trump looked at all the George Floyd protest pandemic and wants to restart his campaign rallies.

The media thinks that mass protests for social justice consisting of tens of thousands of people should be allowed, but other types mass gatherings such as festivals and concerts should not be allowed because of coronawhatever.

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]

Trans people are just people. They have no less an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You should impose your own standards on yourself.[…]

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]