African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 79 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

ness31 wrote:I wouldn’t classify the Mexican with the chainsaw as right wing, even if he did use the N word.

But that footage of the cops beating the restrained inmate? Geez, is it possible to verify that? I pray it isn’t real, but sadly, it probably is :hmm:

He absorbed rightwing talking points. Rightwing talking points are attractive to the mentally ill becuase rightwing ideology has no intellectual backbone and is nothing more than a schizophrenic collage of conspiracies, which often contradict each other.

This is because rightwing ideology is a mental illness.
Julian658 wrote:That is why people should be judged as individuals and not as members of a group. We need to end race identitty politics and the idea of classifying people according to skin color.

Those are nice platitudes. It would be nice if you expressed them at literally any other time than when people are protesting the role of the police in enforcing racial hierarchy.

It's almost as if your dumb as shit "We need BETTER stereotypes and MORE women prison guards" argument is a thin veneer for what might have previously been lol trolling and what has now become a series of rehashed bad faith arguments meant to distract from any real discussion because you love the current status quo. Prove that you're being your best self by showing us that you really are a naive idiot and not an avowed racist.

Also @XogGyux I saw your post earlier I thought you would enjoy this:

From the Sun Sentinel

A man running for election supervisor in Pinellas County is asking Orange-Osceola State Attorney Aramis Ayala pursue charges against Derek Chauvin, the Minneapolis ex-cop accused of killing George Floyd, alleging he voted illegally in two Florida elections.

Dan Helm, a Democrat and attorney, sent Orange-Osceola State Attorney Aramis Ayala a letter notifying her of Chauvin’s voting record.

“While living in Minnesota, working there, paying taxes there, Derek Chauvin cannot claim residency in Orange County. His home, residency and where he intends to live is in Minnesota, not Florida,” Helm wrote.

His letter cites the Florida statute prohibiting false swearing and the submission of false voter registration information, adding that violation of the statute is a third-degree felony.

I think this is blatant election pandering, but I can't really fault the candidate for agitating for the fair and even enforcement of the law when the police have shown themselves unable to fill that executive function of law enforcement. We need to secure our elections and end voter fraud now. Defund the police.

For comparison,

From CNN

(CNN)A Texas mother sentenced to five years in prison for voting illegally in the 2016 election appealed her conviction Tuesday, saying she did not know her status as a felon on release made her ineligible to cast a ballot.

Crystal Mason, an African-American mother of three, was on supervised release after serving time for tax fraud when she filled out a provisional ballot. She has said she did not know that as a convicted felon in Texas, she could not vote until the supervised release was complete.

To make Crystal's situation clearer: Voting rights for former prisoners are not uniform across each state. I do not believe Crystal was even aware of this, but even if she were her confusion over whether her felon status allowed her to vote would be understandable. Voting eligibility is decided on a state by state status, which I am sure is even further confused by whether or not the election is for state or federal positions.

Regardless, society was not served by sending this woman to prison for fucking voting, and submitting her vote for review by an electoral board to determine if her vote was valid. All provisional ballots are reviewed for voting eligibility.

This is what people are protesting against: The law as a tool for suppressing minority political participation, whether it be through physical force, economic disadvantgement, or the unequal administration of the law. Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions prosecuted black people for trying to vote as an intimidation tactic.

You might remember Jeff Sessions as the ~moral one~ of our current administraiton who recused himself. But he was still such a shit prosecutor that he couldn't convict a black man in 60's Georgia, and he definitely wanted to. But conviction wasn't the point, Sessions did his job in using the law to bring the full force of government on innocent men who wanted to help their community participate in the system that was oppressing them.

This is why Rand Paul is currently holding up the anti-lynching bill, which passed 410-4 in the House, with vague ~reasons~ about how innocent people physically adjacent to or only tangentially involved with a lynch mob might be unfairly prosecuted for simply bruising or giving a minor laceration to the victim of said lynch mob. Won't someone please think of the people who just get swept up in lynch mobs?!

The law will always stand as a way of punishing people who are deemed less worthy unless we demand that it change. The law makers and the law administrators have shown themselves to be corrupt at all levels. A single white man is holding up a bill saying that maybe lynching should be a crime. And the party he is with controls the parliamentary procedures that could let the bill be voted on, but they won't.

Because they are fine with Rand Paul grandstanding for racists. They see what Rand Paul is doing as a positive thing that helps them retain power. No wonder people are marching, because obviously these racist fucks have it too good.

I can't imagine the outrage that would have poured out had Crystal been white. Well intentioned mother imprisoned, ripped away from her children, for doing her patriotic duty.
Unthinking Majority wrote:"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

:lol: Od dear I'm not sure MLK would really have wanted to be judged by the content of his character. We know that he carried on multiple affairs while preaching that sex should only take place within heterosexual marriage. But it also appears that he "looked on, laughed and offered advice" while Logan Kearse raped a woman.

For decades many lefties have nursed the pathetic fantasy that MLK was murdered because he was threatening to become a politically threatening anti establishment leader. The far more likely reason is that MLK was killed in order to protect his image. The OJ Simpson affair in 1994 was profoundly unsettling to America, many Americans both Black and White were desperate to believe that he hadn't murdered his ex wife, when he was quite obviously a violent, poessive, misogynist, women beater quite capable of escalating to killing. Imagine if that had happened in 1968, it would have been seriously destabilising. The exposure of MLK would have been far, far worse, because Simpson wasn't even a political figure.
Rich wrote:For decades many lefties have nursed the pathetic fantasy that MLK was murdered because he was threatening to become a politically threatening anti establishment leader. The far more likely reason is that MLK was killed in order to protect his image.

He absorbed rightwing talking points. Rightwing talking points are attractive to the mentally ill becuase rightwing ideology has no intellectual backbone and is nothing more than a schizophrenic collage of conspiracies, which often contradict each other.
Cops go from kneeling to tear gas in 60 seconds flat. It's fake and some protesters are seeing thru this facade.

If it was real they'd go back and put their gun and weapons in their cop car, and THEN kneel.
Protests are signaling desperation of left and Democrats in November election. It is Donald Trump who take wild ride toward victory in upcoming election.

I believe that some police brutality is crucial to keep rioters and looters under control. Maybe African Americans and Hispanics should find themselves another country where they can live if they oppose to US state.
@Istanbuller You are clueless. The protests have nothing to do with Democrats, or the fucking election in November.

Istanbuller wrote:I believe that some police brutality is crucial to keep rioters and looters under control.
Yes, but you're a violent fascist. Few people are the same. Violence breeds violence.

Istanbuller wrote:Maybe African Americans and Hispanics should find themselves another country where they can live if they oppose to US state.
A racist too? :roll: Big surprise! Are you suggesting concentration camps, too?
Godstud wrote:Cops go from kneeling to tear gas in 60 seconds flat. It's fake and some protesters are seeing thru this facade.

If it was real they'd go back and put their gun and weapons in their cop car, and THEN kneel.

If they did that, then they would not be doing their job as police officers. We pay them to defend the law abiding citizens not the mob of protesters.
The cops are spending more time hurting the protesters than helping them.

Police are paid to protect and SERVE the public, and that includes protesters. Protesting is not illegal.

If the police only arrested the rioters and looters, there wouldn't be such anger aimed at them. Such is not the case, and they are often extremely violent with protesters. The videos of this violence is endless.

Here are some cops attacking a violent old man.
It has everything to do with Democrats. Protests are an attempt to mobilize leftists and liberals. Especially, they are trying to make left vote for Biden in November.

Some police brutality is needed to enforce and law and order. It is perfectly acceptable. Riots and looting are things which should be ended forcefully if not peacefully.

Africans and Hispanics are ones who are least loyal to US values and US state. It weakens US state. Russians and other countries can easily take advantage of this. For this reason, this is a real issue.
Yes, you're racist. We know already.

The protests are to protest police brutality based on racism. Anything else is distraction and falsehoods.

Istanbuller wrote:Some police brutality is needed to enforce and law and order.
Wrong. Your ignorance is boundless. Police, at least in a country that isn't run by dictators, has police that are only supposed to use as much force as is necessary, and not one iota more. They are not trained to use excessive force or "brutality".

Istanbuller wrote:Africans and Hispanics are ones who are least loyal to US values and US state. It weakens US state. Russians and other countries can easily take advantage of this. For this reason, this is a real issue.
The blacks in America are not Africans, they are fucking Americans! They were born there and have families that have lived there for generations. Most of the hispanics are also American.

Shut up with your racist foolishness.
Godstud wrote:@Istanbuller You are clueless. The protests have nothing to do with Democrats, or the fucking election in November.

You are the one that is clueless. The riots and looting have everything to do with getting rid of President Trump, just like the fake Russian collusion hoax, impeachment hoax, and prolonging the shutdown by the Democrats.

The police are there to keep law and order. When the protesters get unruly and ignore orders, then they should expect consequences. Even an old man should know that. If you push the police, you should expect some of them might push back.
You know NOTHING about the police, @Hindsite. They are not trained to use excessive, or unnecessary forced, as witnessed in the video. They are trained only to use as much force as is necessary.

You, and others, calling for police brutality are only displaying you ignorance, lack of morality and racism.

Did that old man push the police officer? Was he a threat?

Amoral racist twats. The only good thing about these protests is that all the racists are identifying themselves, and coming out of the woodwork, like the vermin that they are.
Police force is there to keep citizens safe from violence, namely riots and looters.

Protests are protesters are politically motivated. It can even be considered as a organized coup attempt to elected president.

All those riots, looting and kneeling stuff are examples of Africans and Hispanics do not consider themselves as Americans. Being a foreigner, minority always lead to that. It is almost same everywhere. For instance, I know that Turkish minority in Germany almost hate German state. They can spy on Germans on behalf of Turkish government if they are told. I am sure about it.
Istanbuller wrote:Police force is there to keep citizens safe from violence, namely riots and looters.
You are calling for violence against protesters. I guess in your country that might be OK, but in most others, it is not. It is infringing on their 1st Amendment rights.

The video I just posted... was the old man a looter?

Istanbuller wrote:Protests are protesters are politically motivated.
They are in response to an injustice. All that Bunkerbitch had to do to score big points was to come out and demand justice be done in the name of George Floyd, and he would have scored points with everyone. If people are questioning his leadership, it's with good reason.

Istanbuller wrote:It can even be considered as a organized coup attempt to elected president.
:lol: Conspiracy theory nonsense!! That's delusional. No one is calling for Trump to step down. Stop making up falsehoods.

Istanbuller wrote:All those riots, looting and kneeling stuff are examples of Africans and Hispanics do not consider themselves as Americans. Being a foreigner, minority always lead to that. It is almost same everywhere. For instance, I know that Turkish minority in Germany almost hate German state. They can spy on Germans on behalf of Turkish government if they are told. I am sure about it.
What part of "these are Americans" can't you understand? Are you stupid, or being willfully ignorant?

Your Turkey bullshit is not relevant to the conversation. These are American citizens who are protesting on behalf of Americans.
Godstud wrote:The video I just posted... was the old man a looter?

The old man was not Black, he was White. The stupid fool was obstructing the police from doing their job of taking control of the situation. He should have known not to get in the way of the police. I hope you are not that dumb or you might get hurt too.
Istanbuller wrote:I am calling for law and order to be enforced which is opposite of what you want.
That's a lie. Quote me where I said police should not arrest actual rioters or looters. I have said no such thing. I have said that the police need to concentrate their efforts on looters and rioters, not on protesters who are protesting peacefully.

Istanbuller wrote:I want brutality to be ended.
You have called for brutality to be used. You are now back-tracking.

You said:
Istanbuller wrote:Some police brutality is needed to enforce and law and order.

Istanbuller wrote:You want police force to beaten by protesters.
No. I think protesters need to respond to police violence with the same kind of violence. The protesters are protesting peacefully in most cases, and it's the police instigating violence. There have been dozens of videos presented, demonstrating this.

Violence begets violence.

Istanbuller wrote:George Floyd case is just an excuse for rioting and looting.
A clueless racist could think that.

Istanbuller wrote:Another scene in series of removing the president from the office.
:lol: This isn't going to remove Trump from office. The election in November might, though.

Trump had every opportunity to respond with empathy and compassion to the current situation. He has done NOTHING.

You are merely making excuses for a fucking dumbass and for your racist narrative. :knife:

Hindsite wrote:The old man was not Black, he was White.
His skin colour is irrelevant. He was not a looter or a rioter. He posed no threat to 20 police officers. An officer could have taken him by the arm and led him away.

Hindsite wrote:The stupid fool was obstructing the police from doing their job of taking control of the situation. He should have known not to get in the way of the police.
What situation? He was all but alone and almost everyone had already backed off. Bullying old men is all police are capable off because they are cowards in blue.

This has nothing to do with me. It has to do with police brutality. The protests are AGAINST police brutality, FFS!

Great german commentary: https://www.nachdenkseit[…]

Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three ans[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]