African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 84 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15098218
You are not saying anything of substance or on topic at all just frothing at the mouth about your own self when I frankly do not care at all. It's not about you. Your bj style quoting is not addressing any point, it is just adding verbosity on nothing at all, just like his. It's low quality text.
#15098219
XogGyux wrote:This one just happen to be clearly caught on camera, from multiple angles at a time

Caught on camera while lethally "mispolicing" a black man on the street in daylight from such great angles spontaneously, I just wonder what that experienced abusers Chauvin boys thought. Did they not know that everyone holds a camera in their phones and uses it like a pro and they don't even need to be directed to find the best angles possible? :knife:

ImageImage
Last edited by Beren on 07 Jun 2020 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
#15098222
@Beren They're police. They expect to be immune to charges because they were doing it to a black man, and they are above the law. The justice system has given them this impression thru it's history of letting police walk for murders of black/brown people.
#15098224
Protests about police brutality are met with wave of police brutality across US
Use of teargas, batons, pepper spray, fists, feet and vehicles against protesters sparks lawsuits and international condemnation

The International Crisis Group, which monitors unrest around the world, said the police had used “excessive force”. The UN high commissioner for human rights, Michelle Bachelet, said: “All police officers who resort to excessive use of force should be charged and convicted for the crimes committed.”

Numerous incidents of police violence have been exposed in disturbing videos and press accounts in recent days, with little sign that police are adjusting their tactics.

New York City alone has seen numerous incidents. On Saturday 30 May, officers in a police SUV drove at a crowd of protesters in Brooklyn, knocking several to the ground. A day earlier, a police officer was caught on camera violently shoving a woman to the ground during a demonstration. The woman, Dounya Zayer, was taken to hospital and said she suffered a seizure and concussion.

At another New York protest, an officer yanked a facemask from an African American man who was standing with his hands in the air, then pepper-sprayed him in the face.

In Buffalo, in western New York state, two officers shoved a 75-year-old man to the ground. A video showed the man hitting his head on the ground, causing his blood to spill on the sidewalk. He is now gravely ill in hospital.

On Thursday, a video posted to Twitter showed a group of police beating peaceful protesters in Philadelphia. One officer is seen using a baton to hit a man on the head, before he and another officer pin him to the ground.

Protesters in Minneapolis, where four police officers have been charged with murder over the death of George Floyd, have also been subjected to violence.

In one incident police shot paint canisters at a woman who was standing on the porch of her own home. Footage showed an officer shouting, “Light ’em up” before police opened fire. Minneapolis police have also used teargas, flash-bangs and rubber bullets on a peaceful protests in the city.

In the south-east of the US, a black woman who was kneeling with her hands in the air was shoved to the ground by police in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

On the west coast, a police car drove into a protester in Los Angeles, briefly trapping them underneath the engine, and police used teargas to dispel a demonstration in Santa Monica.

In Los Angeles, as in other cities in the US, police have also repeatedly fired rubber bullets at protesters. Among those struck was CJ Montano, a military veteran, who said he had his hands up when he was shot in the head, hip, legs, stomach and ribs. In Austin, Texas, police are conducting an internal investigation after a pregnant woman was reportedly hit with a round to her stomach.

A group of scientists examined the impact of rubber and plastic bullets in 2017. They found that that 15% of those shot with the bullets, or with beanbag rounds and other “less lethal” bullets, had suffered permanent injury.
Even medical workers have not been immune.

According to the Daily Beast, 32-year-old Rayne Valentine was wearing his hospital ID when he was beaten by police officers in New York. Valentine, whose wound was closed with staples, said he had been filming protesters. Elsewhere a doctor in Miami, Florida, said he was teargassed at a protest.

Officers reportedly used teargas in Dallas and San Antonio, both in Texas, in Philadelphia and – in the most widely shared incident – to disperse protesters outside the White House in Washington DC so that Donald Trump could have his photo taken with a Bible outside a church.

Among those abused in Washington DC were a pair of Australian journalists, who were reporting on a protest. Video showed TV cameraman Tim Myers being hit with a riot shield and punched, while correspondent Amelia Brace was hit with a baton.

Frequently journalists have been met with the same aggressive policing as demonstrators, and according to the Nieman Journalism Lab, police attacked journalists “at least 140 times” in the last four days of May.

In some states, police officers have been disciplined following violence. The two officers who pushed the man in Buffalo have been suspended – which prompted all 57 members of the Buffalo police department’s emergency response team to resign in protest on Friday – as has the Fort Lauderdale officer who pushed the kneeling woman to the ground. Six police officers in Atlanta, Georgia, have been charged with aggravated assault after tasing a man and dragging a woman out of a car during an arrest in Atlanta.

In most cases, however, no action has been brought against officers or police departments. Seeking to change this, the American Civil Liberties Union has filed a lawsuit against the Minneapolis police, accusing them of attacking journalists during protests, and is taking similar action in LA.

On Friday, Black Lives Matter, the ACLU and other civil rights groups brought a separate lawsuit against Trump and the attorney general, Bill Barr, over the police response to the protest in Washington DC.

“Across the country, law enforcement armed with military weaponry are responding with violence to people who are protesting police brutality,” said the ACLU’s Ben Wizner. “The first amendment right to protest is under attack, and we will not let this go unanswered.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... rw0v5Z55rc

Police are just reinforcing the need for protests.
#15098225
@Saeko posted a tweet in which this was said: This is not a moment. This is a movement to end the era of police brutality and white supremacist capitalism and begin the era of racial and economic justice in America.


I think this is true. The one thing missing from this "situation" is leadership. We have not seen a single national or even state leader treating this like a systemic problem. I do not expect Trump to exercise leadership. He does not know how and he sides with racists all of the time. But we are not seeing governors standing up and promising to fix the problems. Everyone wants to treat this like a few isolated incidents perpetrated by a few bad cops. Clearly this is untrue. As someone else pointed out, the police responded to these protests not with understanding and the assurance that they would try to weed out the bad cops but rather with disproportionate violence and arrogant disregard to the whole point of the thing.

So this will have to be a movement. It will have to defeat incumbents, particularly unrepentant republicans who are stoking the fires of racism. Or it will fail.

To put it succinctly, there is nothing at all to indicate that a single major political figure or officeholder is taking this seriously aside from a few black democrats.
#15098228
Drlee wrote:I think this is true. The one thing missing from this "situation" is leadership. We have not seen a single national or even state leader treating this like a systemic problem. I do not expect Trump to exercise leadership. He does not know how and he sides with racists all of the time. But we are not seeing governors standing up and promising to fix the problems. Everyone wants to treat this like a few isolated incidents perpetrated by a few bad cops. Clearly this is untrue. As someone else pointed out, the police responded to these protests not with understanding and the assurance that they would try to weed out the bad cops but rather with disproportionate violence and arrogant disregard to the whole point of the thing.

So this will have to be a movement. It will have to defeat incumbents, particularly unrepentant republicans who are stoking the fires of racism. Or it will fail.

To put it succinctly, there is nothing at all to indicate that a single major political figure or officeholder is taking this seriously aside from a few black democrats.


Why would Trump support a movement (although it's not that either) that has no love for him (a feeling that is almost surely mutual)?

I also don't think there has been any significant unrest in small town and rural America, which is where the Republican strongholds are, although I'll be more than happy to be corrected. If any incumbents will be replaced as a result of this movement (big if), it will be moderate Democrats by more leftist ones.
#15098229
Godstud wrote:Protests about police brutality are met with wave of police brutality across US
Use of teargas, batons, pepper spray, fists, feet and vehicles against protesters sparks lawsuits and international condemnation

The International Crisis Group, which monitors unrest around the world, said the police had used “excessive force”. The UN high commissioner for human rights, Michelle Bachelet, said: “All police officers who resort to excessive use of force should be charged and convicted for the crimes committed.”

Numerous incidents of police violence have been exposed in disturbing videos and press accounts in recent days, with little sign that police are adjusting their tactics.

New York City alone has seen numerous incidents. On Saturday 30 May, officers in a police SUV drove at a crowd of protesters in Brooklyn, knocking several to the ground. A day earlier, a police officer was caught on camera violently shoving a woman to the ground during a demonstration. The woman, Dounya Zayer, was taken to hospital and said she suffered a seizure and concussion.

At another New York protest, an officer yanked a facemask from an African American man who was standing with his hands in the air, then pepper-sprayed him in the face.

In Buffalo, in western New York state, two officers shoved a 75-year-old man to the ground. A video showed the man hitting his head on the ground, causing his blood to spill on the sidewalk. He is now gravely ill in hospital.

On Thursday, a video posted to Twitter showed a group of police beating peaceful protesters in Philadelphia. One officer is seen using a baton to hit a man on the head, before he and another officer pin him to the ground.

Protesters in Minneapolis, where four police officers have been charged with murder over the death of George Floyd, have also been subjected to violence.

In one incident police shot paint canisters at a woman who was standing on the porch of her own home. Footage showed an officer shouting, “Light ’em up” before police opened fire. Minneapolis police have also used teargas, flash-bangs and rubber bullets on a peaceful protests in the city.

In the south-east of the US, a black woman who was kneeling with her hands in the air was shoved to the ground by police in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

On the west coast, a police car drove into a protester in Los Angeles, briefly trapping them underneath the engine, and police used teargas to dispel a demonstration in Santa Monica.

In Los Angeles, as in other cities in the US, police have also repeatedly fired rubber bullets at protesters. Among those struck was CJ Montano, a military veteran, who said he had his hands up when he was shot in the head, hip, legs, stomach and ribs. In Austin, Texas, police are conducting an internal investigation after a pregnant woman was reportedly hit with a round to her stomach.

A group of scientists examined the impact of rubber and plastic bullets in 2017. They found that that 15% of those shot with the bullets, or with beanbag rounds and other “less lethal” bullets, had suffered permanent injury.
Even medical workers have not been immune.

According to the Daily Beast, 32-year-old Rayne Valentine was wearing his hospital ID when he was beaten by police officers in New York. Valentine, whose wound was closed with staples, said he had been filming protesters. Elsewhere a doctor in Miami, Florida, said he was teargassed at a protest.

Officers reportedly used teargas in Dallas and San Antonio, both in Texas, in Philadelphia and – in the most widely shared incident – to disperse protesters outside the White House in Washington DC so that Donald Trump could have his photo taken with a Bible outside a church.

Among those abused in Washington DC were a pair of Australian journalists, who were reporting on a protest. Video showed TV cameraman Tim Myers being hit with a riot shield and punched, while correspondent Amelia Brace was hit with a baton.

Frequently journalists have been met with the same aggressive policing as demonstrators, and according to the Nieman Journalism Lab, police attacked journalists “at least 140 times” in the last four days of May.

In some states, police officers have been disciplined following violence. The two officers who pushed the man in Buffalo have been suspended – which prompted all 57 members of the Buffalo police department’s emergency response team to resign in protest on Friday – as has the Fort Lauderdale officer who pushed the kneeling woman to the ground. Six police officers in Atlanta, Georgia, have been charged with aggravated assault after tasing a man and dragging a woman out of a car during an arrest in Atlanta.

In most cases, however, no action has been brought against officers or police departments. Seeking to change this, the American Civil Liberties Union has filed a lawsuit against the Minneapolis police, accusing them of attacking journalists during protests, and is taking similar action in LA.

On Friday, Black Lives Matter, the ACLU and other civil rights groups brought a separate lawsuit against Trump and the attorney general, Bill Barr, over the police response to the protest in Washington DC.

“Across the country, law enforcement armed with military weaponry are responding with violence to people who are protesting police brutality,” said the ACLU’s Ben Wizner. “The first amendment right to protest is under attack, and we will not let this go unanswered.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... rw0v5Z55rc

Police are just reinforcing the need for protests.

If something we have seen during the last 48h is that de-escalation works. It seems that repudiation of Trump's action and embrace of the protest have quite literally morphed the chaos into far more peaceful and more "organized" protests. To add insult to injury we had a shiton of military people criticize the actions of mr pussy grabber pussy bunker in chief, we have had almost every oppressive goverment including russia and china troll us (him?) and we had the mayor of DC rename a fucking street and paint it so that it could be seen from space. I can only imagine that he is about to have a stroke right now, his head temperature must be approaching that which can be achieved inside the Hadron super collider :lol: . I would not be surprised if this weekend's 3am tweets are some of the bests.
Popcorn sales are going to skyrocket =)
#15098234
Drlee wrote:I think this is true. The one thing missing from this "situation" is leadership. We have not seen a single national or even state leader treating this like a systemic problem. I do not expect Trump to exercise leadership. He does not know how and he sides with racists all of the time. But we are not seeing governors standing up and promising to fix the problems. Everyone wants to treat this like a few isolated incidents perpetrated by a few bad cops. Clearly this is untrue. As someone else pointed out, the police responded to these protests not with understanding and the assurance that they would try to weed out the bad cops but rather with disproportionate violence and arrogant disregard to the whole point of the thing.

So this will have to be a movement. It will have to defeat incumbents, particularly unrepentant republicans who are stoking the fires of racism. Or it will fail.

To put it succinctly, there is nothing at all to indicate that a single major political figure or officeholder is taking this seriously aside from a few black democrats.


Image

I remember when Obama was president, those on the right tried to hold him accountable for supposed deteriorating race relationships during his president. I didn't think that was fair to Obama and I don't think it is fair to hold Trump accountable either.

However, all Obama did to quell "racism" was have a beer summit and and issue policy recommendations that police wear body cams. The beer summit was cute though, but nothing came of it. I don't think that race relations really became worse because in my day to day life, I often see very civil relationships between blacks and whites.

I do think that these kinds of flare ups, which are excacerbated by television media have really put strains on people and polarized the extremists.

#15098243
Julian658 wrote:We have a massive training problem with cops.

I lot of them spent time in Iraq and Afghanistan doing house to house searches, have seen their buddies die, etc. So a lot of it is a problem with the training and not the lack of it, more specifically overriding the military training with police training.

Julian658 wrote:If white dude dies no one cares. If black dude dies it is racism. Got it!

That is because most of this is politically-driven. The number of black people killed by cops is actually quite low now. Far more cops are killed by black people than the other way around.

Julian658 wrote:Watch this one. A teenager is stopped and shot because the cops want to see both hands up. Once the kid is moribund on the ground the cops shoot two more times because he moved his hands.

How did @noemon let you get away with that one? If I link something like that, it's "black murder porn." That other hand could be used to draw a gun. That's exactly how they're trained to react.

Pants-of-dog wrote:So Mr, Floyd broke no law. And with presumption of innocence, the law cannot assume that he intentionally used counterfeit money.

Evidence codes usually create a rebutable presumption that law enforcement did things correctly. In other words, prosecutors would have to make the case that the police had no probable cause to think that Floyd had committed any crime. I doubt this case is going to go in that direction. They don't need to pursue that line of inquiry, because the video evidence is substantive enough to support the charges.

Pants-of-dog wrote:And no one has done anything about the police brutality since then.

They won't do anything about it. They'll just blame it on Trump, knowing that he has no control over local police forces.

noemon wrote:Your bj style quoting is not addressing any point, it is just adding verbosity on nothing at all, just like his. It's low quality text.

Your posts literally tell people what they think, and then you argue against your own strawman assertion of them. That's why people respond to your every assertion. Acquiescence is consent. Like many, you seem to want people to come to the conclusion that this is somehow about Donald Trump. It is not. This type of police violence has been going on for a long time. Eric Garner was killed by the NYPD in 2014 when Obama was president--a very similar situation. You are just unwilling to deal with the nature of the urban Democrat political machine, which is where those police operate.

Godstud wrote:@Beren They're police. They expect to be immune to charges because they were doing it to a black man, and they are above the law.

Clearly, they didn't think Floyd was going to die.

Drlee wrote:To put it succinctly, there is nothing at all to indicate that a single major political figure or officeholder is taking this seriously aside from a few black democrats.

The Republicans do not control large urban cities for the most part. Think of Republicans running large cities. Jacksonville, Miami, San Diego. Where else? There just aren't that many. The Democrats aren't going to change, and their voters aren't going to hold them to account either. What person protesting is really going to vote against the Democrat in the next election, or primary the politicians in charge when these events occur? I think that number is pretty close to zero.

maz wrote:I remember when Obama was president, those on the right tried to hold him accountable for supposed deteriorating race relationships during his president. I didn't think that was fair to Obama and I don't think it is fair to hold Trump accountable either.

Obama reflexively took sides against the police, almost straight away. He actually put a lot of that away for the second term, because his poll numbers went down after the Beer Summit. Skip Gates was disorderly without a good reason. The officer was just trying to verify that they were not breaking and entering. Gates could have ended that altercation by simply showing an ID, but instead started lighting up the cop.

maz wrote:However, all Obama did to quell "racism" was have a beer summit and and issue policy recommendations that police wear body cams.

The body cams came much later. I actually agreed with that, because the cops are wrongly accused so often. The cops hate it, but mostly because they get admonished for swearing, gossiping, etc. anything that deviates from professional conduct.

Wat0n wrote:^ The bodycams have been useful to deter cops from misbehavior and documenting it sometimes (and also exonerating them when it's not their fault).

The latter part of it is much more often the case. I think Obama thought he'd get a treasure trove of police misconduct, but it's been a treasure trove of false complaints against the police quite often.

Drlee wrote:So any argument that "just a tap" would not harm anyone but an old man does not hold water at all. Or an argument that the old man was frail and inclined to fall. Doesn't matter.

The difference is the police are being ordered to clear the streets to enforce a curfew. The criminal who goes into the liquor store presumably isn't doing so under the orders of a lawful authority.

Drlee wrote:It will have to defeat incumbents, particularly unrepentant republicans who are stoking the fires of racism.

This sort of police violence happens in places governed by Democrats at least 90% of the time. Defeating Republicans will do nothing, because the places with these problems are governed almost exclusively by Democrats.
#15098246
Drlee wrote:I think this is true. The one thing missing from this "situation" is leadership. We have not seen a single national or even state leader treating this like a systemic problem. I do not expect Trump to exercise leadership. He does not know how and he sides with racists all of the time. But we are not seeing governors standing up and promising to fix the problems. Everyone wants to treat this like a few isolated incidents perpetrated by a few bad cops. Clearly this is untrue. As someone else pointed out, the police responded to these protests not with understanding and the assurance that they would try to weed out the bad cops but rather with disproportionate violence and arrogant disregard to the whole point of the thing.

So this will have to be a movement. It will have to defeat incumbents, particularly unrepentant republicans who are stoking the fires of racism. Or it will fail.

To put it succinctly, there is nothing at all to indicate that a single major political figure or officeholder is taking this seriously aside from a few black democrats.




Even when the victim of the police brutality is white, scum like these 'police' cheer on the offender, resign in protest of his trial!

And no denunciation by Trump or his supporters of course.....
#15098250
blackjack21 wrote:This sort of police violence happens in places governed by Democrats at least 90% of the time. Defeating Republicans will do nothing, because the places with these problems are governed almost exclusively by Democrats.


The Democrats deliberately perpetuate and then hype the problem because it locks in the black vote for them and because they know every minute their constituents spend thinking about race is another minute they aren't thinking about class.

Race identity politics is what the upper 20% uses to distract the rest of us from class issues. It's why all the little antifa bitches are predominantly affluent overprivileged white kids who never had to struggle a day in their lives.
#15098253
Every one of those officers should be fired. Clearly they have no respect for the law. They are the problem.

Perhaps if we cut police pay in that shit town in half it would get their attention.

I am glad my local department is staffed by real men and women not some pussy bullies.Good for the Marines. See what armed force looks like when it has adult supervision?
#15098254
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lmfao Sivad you do such a shit job of pretending to be a leftist.



What I just wrote is the standard left criticism of liberal identity politics. And aren't you a LA finance yuppie? You are exactly what I'm talking about.
#15098257
I'm not going to give you any pointers to help out with your dumb leftist troll act, because anyone with the barest understanding of leftist ideology and American conservative media should be able to understand why this is fucking lol:

Sivad wrote:The Democrats deliberately perpetuate and then hype the problem because it locks in the black vote for them and because they know every minute their constituents spend thinking about race is another minute they aren't thinking about class.

Race identity politics is what the upper 20% uses to distract the rest of us from class issues. It's why all the little antifa bitches are predominantly affluent overprivileged white kids who never had to struggle a day in their lives.


There are Project Veritas investigators who are better at going undercover than you. I have told you why you suck at impersonating a leftist before, so I'm not going to waste my time telling you again.

Here's the thing: I may be a more successful than you and I may work in finance, but people don't laugh and call me an idiot when I express my opinions. Unlike you I am being sincere and not a shitty troll who is repeating variations of "How do you do, fellow kids" because you are too dense to understand that you are repeating rightwing talking points.

Btw I am still waiting on your dumb defense of your green energy conspiracy theory shit that you were going to ~make a big post~ about.
#15098260
Saeko wrote:>: >: >:

You guys remember this Swanson prick? The "Cops with Hugs" prick?

Image

This guy is the filthiest shit ever belched from the cunt of the underworld:



Make no mistake, the propaganda goes both ways.

Image

Kid Who Hugged Cop In Viral Protest Photo Feared Dead In Family Car Plunge

A boy who hugged a cop in a photo that went viral amid national unrest over police shootings was missing after his family’s SUV plunged off a cliff in Mendocino County, California, killing at least five, according to the sheriff.

Mendocino County Sheriff Tom Allman on Wednesday identified the deceased parents as Jennifer and Sarah Hart, both 38, of Woodland, Washington, who were found still inside the upside-down car in shallow water. The bodies of three of their adopted children, 19-year-old Markis, 14-year-old Jeremiah and 14-year-old Abigail were recovered nearby.

Allman believes the boy from the viral photo, Devonte, 15, and two other siblings, Hannah, 16, and Sierra, 12, were also passengers in the vehicle when it plummeted into the ocean on Monday. Calls to 9-1-1 alerted police.


Huffpost omits uncomfortable facts.

Image
#15098262
colliric wrote:That man could have died, he was bleeding heavily out his ear. The cops don't even tend to him and give him first aid when it's pointed out he's bleeding heavily. Yes they tend to him eventually, but not in that video.

You really are a heartless dumbass aren't ya?

Well, I think I am pretty smart. Maybe that is because I am one year older than that old man. There is no way I can see myself being as stupid as that old man. But considering the fact that he was out there after the 8 p.m. curfew, he should have been going the opposite way and not trying to confront the police. That old man seemed very frail by the way he just fell over like that by that little shove. However, in hindsight, it would have been better if they had just arrested him like they did to the other guy, later in that little video snippet.
  • 1
  • 82
  • 83
  • 84
  • 85
  • 86
  • 157

@wat0n 1. The causes of organised crime need t[…]

Johnny Depp admits drugs and alcohol problems but[…]

An easy to understand video on liquid air storage […]

Government is also the administrator of possess[…]