ACC has gotten out of control. It is an emergency. We have just 8 years to get it fixed. My plan is= - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

The only hope now is for the US to adopt a Green New Deal, based on the Lend lease program of WWII.

That is for the US Gov. to fund the construction of endless factories to make solar panels of the best and cheapest type possible and then give the panels away for free to every nation in the world. Improving the types made as becomes possible.
And to offer to buy all solar panels anyone else makes on a cost plus basis, and then give them away for free.

Also, US funded R & D into fixing carbon from the air. And then building factories to make the parts and systems created.
Etc.

Every nation with its own fiat currency (Japan, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, China, Russia, etc.) can at least make as many solar panels for itself as possible.
Nations in the EU & EZ are constrained by silly rules from doing this. They need to find a way to do it too.
@Hindsite,
I'm glad that you don't Know.
You should have googled it.
That you admit you don't know says a lot about you.
A hint; ACC is not a typo for AOC.

Added with an edit.
Hindsite and I have crossed swords many times before.
His sources of facts and my sources of facts are totally different and they and we only agree that the shy is blue and grass is green.
I have found it impossible to have a conversation with him, because our facts are so different.
Steve_American wrote:@Hindsite,

Added with an edit.
His sources of facts and my sources of facts are totally different and they and we only agree that the shy is blue and grass is green.
I have found it impossible to have a conversation with him, because our facts are so different.

Okay, I googled it and Wikipedia says the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) is a collegiate athletic conference located in the eastern United States. However, your post still doesn't make any sense to me.
Steve_American wrote:Added with an edit.

I am starting to think that Hindsite is a Russian bot based on the kinds of grammatical mistakes he sometimes makes. For example, he often leaves out the word "the" in many places. Why? Because Russian has no articles, and Hindsite has a poor grasp of their usage. Similarly, he often confuses the words "by" and "of". Further, he uses highly unusual locutions that almost no native English speaker would use.

EDIT: His economic stance is "Social Common Sense Conservative Capitalism." What kind of American right-winger would use the word "social" to describe their conservative politics? None. But it does perfectly fit Russia's current economic stance.
Saeko wrote:I am starting to think that Hindsite is a Russian bot based on the kinds of grammatical mistakes he sometimes makes. For example, he often leaves out the word "the" in many places. Why? Because Russian has no articles, and Hindsite has a poor grasp of their usage. Similarly, he often confuses the words "by" and "of". Further, he uses highly unusual locutions that almost no native English speaker would use.

EDIT: His economic stance is "Social Common Sense Conservative Capitalism." What kind of American right-winger would use the word "social" to describe their conservative politics? None. But it does perfectly fit Russia's current economic stance.

Russia must be better than I thought.
Praise the Lord.
Saeko wrote:I am starting to think that Hindsite is a Russian bot based on the kinds of grammatical mistakes he sometimes makes.

No, he's a classic Christian Zionist Apocalyptic Kook.

He deliberately uses shitty grammar. He knows it's bad grammar.

Praise the Lord.
colliric wrote:No, he's a classic Christian Zionist Apocalyptic Kook.

He deliberately uses shitty grammar. He knows it's bad grammar.

Praise the Lord.

Since when has good grammar become a requirement on here? Could that be another reason, besides telling the truth, that I now have the Yellow Card?
Steve_American wrote:@Hindsite,

I myself have tried to figure out what ACC is supposed to stand for ; but I still can't make heads or tales out of it . https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ACC Sort of reminds me of this .
Saeko wrote:EDIT: His economic stance is "Social Common Sense Conservative Capitalism." What kind of American right-winger would use the word "social" to describe their conservative politics? None. But it does perfectly fit Russia's current economic stance.
I think that @Hindsite 's word order is off . What he probably meant is that he's a common sense social conservative capitalist .
Steve_American wrote:The only hope now is for the US to adopt a Green New Deal, based on the Lend lease program of WWII.

That is for the US Gov. to fund the construction of endless factories to make solar panels of the best and cheapest type possible and then give the panels away for free to every nation in the world. Improving the types made as becomes possible.
And to offer to buy all solar panels anyone else makes on a cost plus basis, and then give them away for free.

If you think rich, capitalist nations weren't ready for a virus, just wait and see how un-ready they will be for climate change.

Biden will be bragging about "only 50 million dead" - on his watch.
I have no idea why people reply to @Hindsite.

————————-

@Steve_American

I like the idea of developed nations providing free tech support for the world, but I think we need to do more than solar panels. Electricity production can be done in many ways, some of which are greener than solar, like wind and hydro.

Ideally, the developed world would provide wind, solar, hydro, and nuclear tech to all and sundry, as well as decentralise the entire vertical chain (to ensure local control).

The interesting thing about the police repression […]

I think natural selection explains why women don'[…]

You have accidentally lurched into the general vi[…]

No, just America. And I am not alone . Althoug[…]