It is time for Biden to step aside - Page 34 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Julian658

You keep weaponising black voices against black people.

If you are using memes from black people that support your bias, while refusing to listen to black people who challenge your bias, you are simply putting a black face on your racism.

There are many reasons why 89% of black voters vote Democrat, even when the black person self identifies as conservative.

POD
NO one denies racism. However, a new paradigm is needed to help poor black young fatherless men who die as teens or in their early 20s due to violence. The no.1 mortality cause for young black men is murder. How come no one wants to go there?

“A person you excuse from any genuine challenge is a person you do not truly respect.”
-- John H. McWhorter

“We must neither behave as children by resisting honesty, nor allow ourselves to be treated as children by having honesty withheld.”
-- John H. McWhorter

So far @Julian658 has used every hackneyed excuse to alibi his personal (not to mention institutional) racism that I have heard save two. And I am not going to feed them to him. No doubt someone who spends that much time on google looking for excuses will stumble upon them in time.

Poor white people have similar circumstances.

Well except that people do not discriminate against them for the color of their skin. Or even for their choice of names.

Broken homes have also increased among whites since the welfare state went into full throttle. The whites s that come from broken fatherless homes also do poorly.

And you are blaming the divorce rate on what you refer to as "the welfare state" (without even defining what it is). What it is, is a myth.

Meanwhile African and Jamaican immigrants with good parenting do quite well.

Meanwhile African and Jamaican immigrants all students with good parenting do quite well. Fixed.

Somehow Jamaicans and Nigerians are untouched by racism.

Nonsense.

Explain that one doc! Indian immigrants are the highest earners in America despite brown skin. Explain that one doc!

You just did. They are not African Americans and not subject to the same kinds of discrimination. To that I would add that Indian immigrants who move here are not refugees, come usually from educated families, and have a level of affluence uncommon in African American poor people. So are most Nigerian immigrants.

Are you looking for an argument against the notion that certain groups have a higher respect for educational attainment than others? I would not argue that. Why, while you are doing your daily googling, don't you look at that from state to state. That should be fun.

I am not going to tear into Nigerians at this point. If you were honest and if you actually read the papers you no doubt googled, you would know.

[quote]The no.1 mortality cause for young black men is murder. How come no one wants to go there?/quote]

The Black Lives Matter movement IS going there. You are just to racist to see it. And no, I am not saying that the cops are doing the killing. But many of the same solutions they are calling out for will serve both groups.

Why do you believe that black lives don't matter?
Julian658 wrote:POD
NO one denies racism. However, a new paradigm is needed to help poor black young fatherless men who die as teens or in their early 20s due to violence. The no.1 mortality cause for young black men is murder. How come no one wants to go there?

“A person you excuse from any genuine challenge is a person you do not truly respect.”
-- John H. McWhorter

“We must neither behave as children by resisting honesty, nor allow ourselves to be treated as children by having honesty withheld.”
-- John H. McWhorter

Is there an argument here?

Do you think Trump’s racism is “a new paradigm” that will help black people?
Drlee wrote:So far @Julian658
And you are blaming the divorce rate on what you refer to as "the welfare state" (without even defining what it is). What it is, is a myth.

IN the 1950s over 90% of people were married.

Today near 90% of mid to upper class are married. The marriage rate is in the toilet in the poor and middle class, particularly among the poor of all colors. This leads to the Matthew effect:

Meanwhile African and Jamaican immigrants all students with good parenting do quite well. Fixed.

If you agree with then why you put up a fight?

You just did. They are not African Americans and not subject to the same kinds of discrimination. To that I would add that Indian immigrants who move here are not refugees, come usually from educated families, and have a level of affluence uncommon in African American poor people. So are most Nigerian immigrants.

How about creating a plan for poor (black and white) to copy the behaviors?

Are you looking for an argument against the notion that certain groups have a higher respect for educational attainment than others? I would not argue that.

Thank you for making my point. There is hope for you.

The Black Lives Matter movement IS going there. You are just to racist to see it. And no, I am not saying that the cops are doing the killing. But many of the same solutions they are calling out for will serve both groups.

Why do you believe that black lives don't matter?

Bulldookie: A three year old was murdered in Chicago on the Father's day weekend. BLM was silent on this.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Is there an argument here?

Pretending to be ignorant, POD's favorite sport.

Do you think Trump’s racism is “a new paradigm” that will help black people?

Strawman

NEXT!
Julian658 wrote:You are making the same error American Black leaders make.

Yes, they were oppressed and there is such a thing as racism.

However, there is another problem in black America that no one pays attention to and is the result of the Democratic Party policies. The chances of having a good two parent home in the era of Jim Crow was nearly 80%. Today most black kids grow up fatherless. This systematic destruction of the black family was done by elite white left wing liberals that practice condescending racism of low expectations. How would you like to be told that the elite anti-racists need to hold you by the hand to help you out because somehow you are incapable of thriving on your own?

The big antipoverty programs to end racism required a single mom at home. Stable two parent homes had a lower chance to qualify for help. There is no point in finding out who is to blame. The number one problem in poor black America is not the racism. The problem is no family, fatherless boys, drugs, gangs, murder, etc. The no.1 mortality rate for young black men is murder. These issues have gotten worse while racism has been going down.

Racism has gone down dramatically. You may want to hear the confessions of Neil deGrasse Tyson regarding what is like to be black in America in the last 50 years. The progress has been astounding. For the love of God this nation elected a black president even though blacks are only 13% of the population. And this election came 53 years after Rosa parks.

Now it is time to tackle the issue of the broken home in poor black America. Why not give poor black America the same privilege you had. You had advantages and privilege because of YOUR GREAT FAMILY. That is how advantage creates more advantage. That is the Matthew principle.

Actually, I think I told you before but it seems you forgot or conveniently pretended to forget. I grew up with a single mother. My father traveled a lot when I was very young and hardly had time with the "whole" family and when he did, there would be plenty of disagreement between my parents and that was not much fun either, they split before I was 8 and divorced officially before I was 10, my father came to the US at that time and It was over a decade before I even saw him again.
Furthermore, your theory does not hold much when you realize that through history millions of people have been successful despite growing in single-parent households, you don't need to go further than wartimes where mothers end up losing their husbands and raising their kids on their own. We have had plenty of wars in this country so it should not be difficult for you to find a woman who lost a husband in the Iraq war, Vietnam war, Korean war, WW2, etc.
We live in a country in which a young white male accused of rape can get "leniency" from a judge because a harsher sentence could ruin his college career or his life but a black male caught with a bit of weed, or a gun or simply accused of some burglary could end up in a vicious cycle between jail/release for the rest of his life.
Julian658 wrote:Pretending to be ignorant, POD's favorite sport.

Strawman

NEXT!

So no, you do not have an argument.

If Trump’s racism is not the new paradigm that you claim to support, why are you supporting Trump?

Are you supporting him despite his racism and his lack of a solution to race problems? If so, why?
Pants-of-dog wrote:So no, you do not have an argument.

If Trump’s racism is not the new paradigm that you claim to support, why are you supporting Trump?

Are you supporting him despite his racism and his lack of a solution to race problems? If so, why?

I do not support Trump. In fact, I think he is not fit to be president.

I don't know if he is racist or not. I do not know him personally. Unlike you I do not use the term racist as an argument when I have no argument.

The solution to racism is now in the hands of the people that are the so-called victims of racism.

What would you do if I thought I was superior and smarter than you POD? Choose the best answer:

1. You would ask me to not to think that way.
2. You would show me you are my equal by having a dialog and by demonstrating competency.
3. You would riot and loot.
4. You would yell racism 24/7.

“When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination.”
― Thomas Sowell
Julian658 wrote:I do not support Trump. In fact, I think he is not fit to be president.

I don't know if he is racist or not. I do not know him personally. Unlike you I do not use the term racist as an argument when I have no argument.

“Waaah! Someone called me ‘racist‘!”

If you are not supporting Trump, then are you voting for the racist Democrats that you oppose so fiercely? Or Jill Stein? No. Your ideology is clearly aligned with Trump.

The solution to racism is now in the hands of the people that are the so-called victims of racism.

Who is this?

Be clear.

What would you do if I thought I was superior and smarter than you POD? Choose the best answer:

1. You would ask me to not to think that way.
2. You would show me you are my equal by having a dialog and by demonstrating competency.
3. You would riot and loot.
4. You would yell racism 24/7.

“When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination.”
― Thomas Sowell

I would ask you questions that I know that you cannot or will not answer, and thereby show everyone that you are actually not as smart as you think you are.

But again, this is not an argument. Do you have one?
Julian658 wrote:The number one problem in poor black America is not the racism. The problem is no family, fatherless boys, drugs, gangs, murder, etc.

Fatherless households in the black community are also products of systemic racism.
Julian658 wrote:I do not support Trump. In fact, I think he is not fit to be president.

Ok. So I am guessing you would be voting for Biden then?
XogGyux wrote:Ok. So I am guessing you would be voting for Biden then?

If he picks a centrist candidate I will vote for Biden.
Donna wrote:Fatherless households in the black community are also products of systemic racism.

You are infantilizing black men by providing excuses for the unsavory behaviors. They are not children! You are practicing condescending racism of low expectations. When racism was much worse during Jim Crow the black family was intact. You cannot blame racism on that one Donna.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
I would ask you questions that I know that you cannot or will not answer, and thereby show everyone that you are actually not as smart as you think you are.

Check mate, you are with me on this issue of racism. 8) 8)
Julian658 wrote:You are infantilizing black men by providing excuses for the unsavory behaviors.

You're the one stereotyping black men as criminals here.

When racism was much worse during Jim Crow the black family was intact.

No, it wasn't.
Julian658 wrote:If he picks a centrist candidate I will vote for Biden.

So in one hand, you have someone that is not fit to be president, on the other hand you might have a VP for a candidate that might be a bit too progressive and you would rather have the guy that is not fit to be president stay?

Let me put it in other words.
You have 2 "doctors". You deem one is not fit to be a doctor and the other one "might choose" a student that you don't like. You are essentially saying that you would be OK with the unfit doctor if the other doctor were to choose the "wrong student" to practice under his license...
I would ask "what kind of logic this it" but to be honest I don't think this is no kind of logic at all.
XogGyux wrote:So in one hand, you have someone that is not fit to be president, on the other hand you might have a VP for a candidate that might be a bit too progressive and you would rather have the guy that is not fit to be president stay?

Let me put it in other words.
You have 2 "doctors". You deem one is not fit to be a doctor and the other one "might choose" a student that you don't like. You are essentially saying that you would be OK with the unfit doctor if the other doctor were to choose the "wrong student" to practice under his license...
I would ask "what kind of logic this it" but to be honest I don't think this is no kind of logic at all.

I hope you are not saying that voting for Biden is a sound decision. For me it would be the least of two evils. I pray Biden picks a normal person for VP. He is under tremendous pressure to pick a very woke female colored VP. This is a very difficult decision for the Dems. If Biden shows that he indeed has MCI the VP person will become extremely important. Biden may not finish the term and the USA will be led by a woke PC type person. We would have a massive economic collapse and the recession of all recessions.
XogGyux wrote:Actually, I think I told you before but it seems you forgot or conveniently pretended to forget. I grew up with a single mother. My father traveled a lot when I was very young and hardly had time with the "whole" family and when he did, there would be plenty of disagreement between my parents and that was not much fun either, they split before I was 8 and divorced officially before I was 10, my father came to the US at that time and It was over a decade before I even saw him again.
Furthermore, your theory does not hold much when you realize that through history millions of people have been successful despite growing in single-parent households, you don't need to go further than wartimes where mothers end up losing their husbands and raising their kids on their own. We have had plenty of wars in this country so it should not be difficult for you to find a woman who lost a husband in the Iraq war, Vietnam war, Korean war, WW2, etc.
We live in a country in which a young white male accused of rape can get "leniency" from a judge because a harsher sentence could ruin his college career or his life but a black male caught with a bit of weed, or a gun or simply accused of some burglary could end up in a vicious cycle between jail/release for the rest of his life.

An anecdote is not evidence. Remember the woman that told Trump her Covid 19 infection was instantly cured with hydroxychloroquine?
Julian658 wrote:I hope you are not saying that voting for Biden is a sound decision. For me it would be the least of two evils. I pray Biden picks a normal person for VP. He is under tremendous pressure to pick a very woke female colored VP. This is a very difficult decision for the Dems. If Biden shows that he indeed has MCI the VP person will become extremely important. Biden may not finish the term and the USA will be led by a woke PC type person. We would have a massive economic collapse and the recession of all recessions.

It does not matter. This is a binary choice, that's all.
It's like saying I want to go to Europe. And I ask you, do you want to go by air? and you say... No... ok then you want to go by sea and you say well no...
There is no other reasonable answer here. You have two choices and you already deemed one of them is rotten, you got 1 choice left.
Not a single president during my lifetime has been my "ideal" human, or even "ideal" leader and none will ever be. Because candidates, even in the absolute most democratic conditions ever, are flawed because all humans are flawed. The aggregate average of 100M+ voters is never going to be anyone's ideal candidate, it is always going to be a bunch of compromises and caveats.

You can call it as you want, lesser of two evils, enthusiasm for president X over president Y, whatever... there are 2 choices.

An anecdote is not evidence. Remember the woman that told Trump her Covid 19 infection was instantly cured with hydroxychloroquine?

First, an anecdote is evidence. It might not be high-quality evidence but it is evidence nonetheless. If it was no evidence, centuries of "eyewitness testimony" would have to be thrown out of the courts, think how many people we could release from jail! Now, certainly, it is not "high-quality evidence" but I never meant for my particular situation to work as evidence, to begin with, you use my case to prove your point and you mangled the facts about my situation. I just corrected your premise which is incorrect and set the record straight.

Bringing hostages to a place does not mean there i[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You're not ordinary, Qatz. Stop pretending to d[…]

Another resource of degenerates who want to watch […]

There are many ways to approach a construction si[…]