Syrian war thread - Page 197 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By skinster
wat0n wrote::lol: :lol:

If you are afraid to be specific and use vague language to argue with me where I have no idea wtf you're saying, then laugh it up, chuckles. I have no problem with clarity or rephrasing if anyone asks because I'm not a coward when it comes to my politics, like you. :D
@skinster
First of all, Imperialism is sister word to expansionism.
First imperialists existed without knowing themselves the word imperialism.
Ancient Greeks, foenicea, Egyptians, Medians and arians etc.
They conquered, they established colonies, they subjugated, they ruled the world.
Imperialism isn't always necessarily bad, for example if Alexander the great wasn't expansionist then the Greek philosophy, arts and science would have never came so close with the Eastern cultures to create all this spiritual and scientifical treasure it created that lead to rebirth and enlightenment later on.

Today imperialism has taken other shapes and morphs. Today (and the last 100 years) " economic "imperialism is leading the way.
For example did you really believe that England and France would abandon their colonies so easily? That suddenly they decided to be profreedom? No obviously. They just learned from American policies and tactics and adapted to the new systems.

They used to sya that war is politics by other means, but now its politics and war are economy by other means.
Economical war comes first and the rest are just its sideffects and results.
By wat0n
skinster wrote:If you are afraid to be specific and use vague language to argue with me where I have no idea wtf you're saying, then laugh it up, chuckles. I have no problem with clarity or rephrasing if anyone asks because I'm not a coward when it comes to my politics, like you. :D

I don't think I'm being vague. You have double standards depending on the countries involved.

Even now, @Hellas me ponas hinted something simple: There are also imperialist interests supporting Assad, but you have nothing to say on the matter. Which country, you may wonder? How about Russia?
wat0n wrote:I don't think I'm being vague. You have double standards depending on the countries involved.

Even now, @Hellas me ponas hinted something simple: There are also imperialist interests supporting Assad, but you have nothing to say on the matter. Which country, you may wonder? How about Russia?

It may sound weird to you but Russian interests =American interests.
I'm not going to unravel the explanation because its a bit long. But if you ask me I will explain.
By skinster
Hellas me ponas wrote:@skinster
First of all, Imperialism is sister word to expansionism.

Where is Syria expanding into? If anything, her land is occupied by Zionists on one side and Turks on another. And within the country by Al-Nusra fanatics.

wat0n wrote:I don't think I'm being vague. You have double standards depending on the countries involved.

"depending on the countries involved" is again vague. Try naming the countries and my crimes in relation to them. We are in the Syria war thread so try to stay on topic.

Russia is Syria's ally. I don't recall any news where Russia was in charge of Syria and dictating how she must act, and from some interviews I saw with Putin, Assad and the Russian Foreign Minister, there seems to be a mutual relationship in place. Let me know what I missed. Citations too since your language is often vague and the former might provide clarity.
Indeed Syria itself doesn't seek expansion neither does assad regime (yet). All they want is a unified country and this bloody war to finally end.

Yet, Russia isn't there because of good wil and philanthropism.
Syrian goverment of assad will be for the first time in world's history the very first russian highway into the Mediterranean (poor Stratford cunning must be spinning in his grave :lol:). Also we're the rebels to win Syrian oil would be a good relief for EU of the Russian gasprom. Russia obviously doesn't want this, thus guess what their sugar boy assad will be rewarding their services with except naval bases in levante?
By wat0n
skinster wrote:"depending on the countries involved" is again vague. Try naming the countries and my crimes in relation to them. We are in the Syria war thread so try to stay on topic.

You know well enough I'm talking about the US and Israel.

skinster wrote:Russia is Syria's ally. I don't recall any news where Russia was in charge of Syria and dictating how she must act, and from some interviews I saw with Putin, Assad and the Russian Foreign Minister, there seems to be a mutual relationship in place. Let me know what I missed. Citations too since your language is often vague and the former might provide clarity.

:lol:

So if the US supports its allies = Imperialism, if Russia supports its allies = Alliances
In other words, Syria isn't expansionist itself, but she is helping expansionists either that's assad either the rebels. She is another minor being played by the big boys . Just like Greece, just like turkey, just like Ukraine, just as Libya just as every other minor.
By skinster
Iran and Russia to continue supporting Syria to defeat terrorism completely
Iran and Russia have emphasized the continuity of their support for Syria in fighting terrorism until defeating it completely, pointing out that there is no alternative to the political solution to resolve the ongoing crisis in Syria.

The Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said the Islamic Republic of Iran will continue to support the Syrian people and their legitimate government.

"The US regime's illegitimate and inhumane actions will not undermine the friendly bonds of its allies," he asserted, adding that the US should realize that what it has not achieved through military pressure and resorting to terrorist groups cannot be reached via economic pressure by the punishment of the Syrian people.

On his part, the Russian president Vladimir Putin said that Russia will go ahead with supporting Syria in fighting terrorism until defeating it completely.

"The unilateral and coercive economic measures being imposed on Syria are illegitimate and breach the international law," Putin said.

The three guarantors of the Astana peace process (Iran, Turkey, and Russia) discussed the Syria peace process via video conference.

The final statement read that the guarantors of the Astana Peace Process will press ahead with exerting efforts to reach a political solution to the ongoing crisis in Syria.

The guarantors reiterated the necessity of adherence to preserving Syria's unity and sovereignty, rejecting the attempts to create a new system in Syria under the pretext of fighting terrorism.
http://syriatimes.sy/index.php/news/reg ... completely

wat0n wrote:You know well enough I'm talking about the US and Israel.

Then maybe say "the US and Israel" because before it was just "countries", which means a lot of things.

Why you think I should love these racist and genocidal states is a bit weird, but I don't, sorry.

:lol:

So if the US supports its allies = Imperialism, if Russia supports its allies = Alliances

:eh:
The US has allies too, like your favourite racist apartheid state and the state I live in and that doesn't = imperialism. But the US actions in Syria does. Let me know if you want any more clarifications on really basic stuff like this.

Hellas me ponas wrote:In other words, Syria isn't expansionist itself, but she is helping expansionists either that's assad either the rebels.

Again, let me know how Syria is an imperialist state. I hope you look at the definition of imperialism before getting back to me.
Last edited by skinster on 03 Jul 2020 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
Sister do you even read what I write?
Read again and reply then.
I didn't say Syria is imperialist, I said she is serving imperialist interests.
I know my English are bad but I didn't expect to confuse you so much.
Read again what I wrote please, this time a bit more carefully
By wat0n
skinster wrote:Then maybe say "the US and Israel" because before it was just "countries", which means a lot of things.

Why you think I should love these racist and genocidal states is a bit weird, but I don't, sorry.

Funny, considering you had no qualms moving to the US and paying your taxes there.

skinster wrote: :eh:
The US has allies to, like your favourite racist apartheid state and the state I live in and that doesn't = imperialism. But the US actions in Syria does. Let me know if you want any more clarifications on really basic stuff like this.

Do you have anything to say about the racist government currently ruling Syria?

@Hellas me ponas she's playing the stupidity defense. Don't mind her.
By skinster
wat0n wrote:Funny, considering you had no qualms moving to the US and paying your taxes there.

Wow, what a gotcha. :lol:

Do you have anything to say about the racist government currently ruling Syria?

Racist? Last I saw, the Syrian govt and army was fighting to save the multi-religious Syria from being another Islamist state like Libya turned into. If you have any citations for the systematic racism you're referring to, please share.

Hella wrote:Sister do you even read what I write?
Read again and reply then.
I didn't say Syria is imperialist, I said she is serving imperialist interests.
I know my English are bad but I didn't expect to confuse you so much.
Read again what I wrote please, this time a bit more carefully

Actually you did originally say Syria is imperialist. Now you're saying she is serving imperialist interests. Whose are those?
By wat0n
skinster wrote:Racist? Last I saw, the Syrian govt and army was fighting to save the multi-religious Syria from being another Islamist state like Libya. If you have any citations for the systematic racism you're referring to, please share.

:roll:
skinster wrote:Wow, what a gotcha. :lol:

Racist? Last I saw, the Syrian govt and army was fighting to save the multi-religious Syria from being another Islamist state like Libya turned into. If you have any citations for the systematic racism you're referring to, please share.

Actually you did originally say Syria is imperialist. Now you're saying she is serving imperialist interests. Whose are those?

No I literally told you assad is fighting for the imperialists. And that's Russian and American interests I explained it to you earlier lad

Hellas me ponas wrote: Indeed Syria itself doesn't seek expansion neither does assad regime (yet). All they want is a unified country and this bloody war to finally end.

Yet, Russia isn't there because of good wil and philanthropism.
Syrian goverment of assad will be for the first time in world's history the very first russian highway into the Mediterranean (poor Stratford cunning must be spinning in his grave :lol:). Also we're the rebels to win Syrian oil would be a good relief for EU of the Russian gasprom. Russia obviously doesn't want this, thus guess what their sugar boy assad will be rewarding their services with except naval bases in levante?
By wat0n
skinster wrote::lol:

Just as a reminder, you can check both HRW or Amnesty:

Amnesty (2009) wrote:Discrimination – Kurds

Members of the Kurdish minority, who comprise up to 10 per cent of the population, continued to suffer from identity-based discrimination, including restrictions on the use of the Kurdish language and culture. Tens of thousands of Syrian Kurds remained effectively stateless and so were denied equal access to social and economic rights.

On 10 September, the authorities issued Legislative Decree No. 49. This further restricted housing and property rights in border areas, including the pre-dominantly Kurdish-populated north-east border areas.

They are both acceptable to you when they criticize Israel or the US, so you have no business rejecting them when they criticize Syria and claim it practices a policy of identity-based discrimination against Kurds. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Kurds always the bitter losers of each history unfortunately.
Since kemal betrayed and started hunting them in the mid 1920s these people are on a constant fight for freedom or even at least security.
They are the only peoples of modern history who have been fighting for independence and getting chased off for 100 continuous years and still most people don't even know of their history and struggle
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Since Hamas would have been unable to enter the ho[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be used[…]

@FiveofSwords " Franz [B]oas " Are[…]

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/178385974554[…]