Anybody want to move to CHAZ? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

wat0n wrote:Maybe. Honestly the Democrats' response has been utterly pathetic and the actions by the far left have been ridiculously self-defeating so far, so I'm starting to wonder if Trump would truly be worse at this point :hmm:

Sooner or later, something will have to give in as far as this autonomous zone goes.

You don't get it, Trump is just a dumb grandstander pouring oil into the fire. A sack of potatoes would be better. Looks like you're already adjusting to the stupidity of your new home. :roll:
Rugoz wrote:You don't get it, Trump is just a dumb grandstander pouring oil into the fire. A sack of potatoes would be better. Looks like you're already adjusting to the stupidity of your new home. :roll:

No, I would still vote for Biden if I could. But with little conviction at this point, and only because Trump isn't any better and in many ways is probably worse in the long run (particularly in his relations with Europe, but other ways too. Besides my own personal interests of course, which exert influence here but it does go beyond that).

Trump is indeed pouring fuel into the fire for political gain, since under the US Constitution and law the main responsibility falls onto the States which in turn place it on the localities themselves, there will be pushback against the first responders. There is also the fact that this is happening in largely Democratic-led localities, particularly the major cities, which has a good chance to lead to a split between the Democrats' electorate. This means a Biden administration may end up being ineffective once that split becomes clearer and spreads to the party itself, although the upside is that he would purge the party and perhaps lead to a better administration once the GOP goes back to the White House (hopefully after rooting Trumpism out).

But, why would anyone be too enthusiastic about the Democrats since it's looking like they are clearly having serious problems of their own to guarantee any measure of governance? Right now I have about zero expectations about any great administration for 2021 onwards, no matter who wins. This will be a difficult time, since it's clear both parties need to reorganize to be able to govern well, and in the case of the Democrats probably to be able to govern at all :hmm:

Biden being a better option is not as clear to me as it was a month ago.
It's not so radical and there's much confusion even about the name. :excited:
mynorthwest.com wrote:Image
It’s time for a brand new name for the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ). Some organizers now refer to the commandeered 6-block radius as Capitol Hill Occupied (or Organized) Protest (CHOP). But some folks are confused.

Activists have been removing signs from the site formerly known as CHAZ in hopes that the new CHOP name better reflects their action.

The change was made, one unnamed organizer said, because “this is not an autonomous zone, and we’re not trying to secede from the United States.”

He claimed that outsiders called it CHAZ, though provided little evidence. Indeed, protesters at the site previously known as CHAZ actively embraced the old name. But, CHOP it is. We’re just not entirely sure what the “O” stands for.

On Saturday afternoon, one organizer on a bullhorn announced the change from CHAZ to CHOP. He said the “O” stands for “Occupied.” But another organizer confidently declares it “Organized.”

So which is it?

It’s unclear who decided to make the name change from CHAZ to CHOP. There’s no leader at CHAZ/CHOP, and it’s a space occupied by a variety of groups and community organizers. But last night, the change discussion turned to action as activists began to pull down signs reading Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone.

And there were some tense moments Friday night as the CHAZ signs came down.

There apparently wasn’t agreement on the change, so bickering and a small skirmish ensued. One activist would end up chiding them for being focused on the wrong issue — CHAZ to CHOP — than on police brutality and racism.

It's time for Trump to calm down, really. :lol:

Seattle has a serious history of, well, such things, by the way.
Beren wrote:He's rather ridiculous because he'd be told to fuck off by nearly everyone in both Seattle and the state of Washington. :lol:

There's 3 possibilities here: 1. the anarchists/whomever is occupying CHAZ leaves on their own (probably not before some people steal all the shit they want), 2. the government takes back the territory by force or, 3. the occupiers never leave and CHAZ becomes its own jurisdiction.

Me thinks the best option here is #2. The mayor has allowed a group of random people take control of downtown Seattle. This is like a parent being afraid to scold their child because they don't want to be "mean".
Beren wrote:It's not so radical and there's much confusion even about the name. :excited:

It's time for Trump to calm down, really. :lol:

Seattle has a serious history of, well, such things, by the way.

Seattle is filled with some of the craziest youth in the USA and always has been. Grunge, the most depressing music ever made, came out of Seattle for a reason. Seattle is like California, except replace the Cali sun with rain and clouds.
Unthinking Majority wrote:After a bunch of shootings, CHAZ/CHOP is finally being shut down by the mayor. Another failed utopia.

The irony is that it was the black rapper Raz Simone who handed out rifles to form a security force (i.e. , police), and ultimately shot people like rapper Lil Mob--killing him. Then, a city councilwoman unironically blamed the shootings on capitalism. Seattle city councilwoman says fatal shooting in autonomous zone 'highlights capitalism's brutality' So CHOP comes into existence to protest police brutality, and the protesters form their own police, kill people, and then get disbanded because of their own police brutality. :roll: Fucking Democrats...

Biden is losing it because he's old. What the hell are these people's excuse?
Actually I find anyone having a damn of this laughable, Trump especially.

While I understand and to some extent agree that what happened has some similarities to Communist "revolutions", it is mostly confined to where they initially claimed and no more. Why not leave these fine folks alone?
Patrickov wrote:Actually I find anyone having a damn of this laughable, Trump especially.

While I understand and to some extent agree that what happened has some similarities to Communist "revolutions", it is mostly confined to where they initially claimed and no more. Why not leave these fine folks alone?

Because they are incredibly stupid and have caused harm.
Unthinking Majority wrote:CHAZ is an autonomous, some might say sovereign, six-block region of downtown Seattle taken over by protestors. Police have been booted out of the police station there, and barricades put up to control the flow of people. Seattle's mayor has rebuffed Trump's calls to use the military to go in to take back control.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53017776

So is CHAZ an illegal occupation of terrorist thugs, or freedom in America in 2020?

As I said in another thread, CHAZ became CHOP, and then CHOP LIVER.

President Donald Trump has been demanding that Washington state and Seattle take action to eject the protesters, calling them "domestic terrorists," but city authorities had until Wednesday taken a non-confrontational approach. 

Then on Wednesday, Seattle police began clearing out the protest zone in the city that has become "lawless and brutal" after weeks of violence, including four shootings and the deaths of two teenagers. Robberies, assaults, violence and countless property crimes have occurred in the several-block area. The hippie Mayor's "summer of love" was no more.

Businesses in the area, a trendy neighborhood of hipster bars and boutiques, have been pushing for the authorities to take a tougher stance. Attorneys have filed two class action lawsuits against the City of Seattle, including one aimed at preventing city and state leaders from allowing the establishment of any future "lawless autonomous zones."

The move to retake the zone came after Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan declared the gathering of people in and around the police department's East Precinct and Cal Anderson Park an unlawful assembly.
Donna wrote:I had a dream of the Paris Commune but the only thing they were able to seize control of were heavily insured shops.

It seems they didn't even manage to do that. Shop owners eventually called their own private armed security to defend their businesses.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Putin ordered the government to address the issue […]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

I don't think there is any coherent philosophical […]

@Pants-of-dog boots on the ground.

@Pants-of-dog as I said, RPGs are not "smal[…]