Six F-35 Jets Meant for Turkey to be Handed over to US Air Force - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I tell you things look good for now. Hopefully it will look pretty good when we get what we want in Syria and Libya.

You won't get what you want.

Of course, every neighbor of Turkey has a history with us. All of them were part of us. Ottoman legacy is everywhere.

And not a legacy or memory of goodwill, but the usual and near universal memory of malign neglect punctuated with periods of tyranny and massacre.

Mustafa Kemal Pasha, as an Ottoman general, in Libya a hundred years ago:

That looks like one of the fakest photo paste-jobs i've ever seen :lol:

Fahreddin Pasha, as an Ottoman governor, in Medina, today's Saudi Arabia a hundred years ago:

This one too :lol:

Anyway, this attempt at an Neo-Ottoman revival lacks a number of things, like actual Osmanlis for one thing, or any serious candidates for would-be Caliph/Sultan.
I advice you to read about Ottoman history. You will understand Ottoman legacy better. Both Libya and Saudi Arabia were a Turkish territory. It was just a hundred years ago. Ottoman legacy is something beyond nationalism. It is an umbrella. For this reason, any attempt to revive Ottoman country is always a possibility.
You won't get what you want.

We will get. Maybe now or ten years later. We will do it.

Turkey's military presence is growing. More the EU/Russia/ American push for anti-Turkey policies, Turkey becomes more powerful. There will be times we won't need NATO membership anymore. We will be capable of fighting in multiple fronts.

18 years ago when Erdogan came into power for the first time, Turkey wasn't able to produce a simple rifle because of dependence on America and NATO. It just took 10 years to nationalize %80 of Turkey's military equipment. Believe me Turkey is taking over both Russia and Europe is not far away.
I advice you to read about Ottoman history. You will understand Ottoman legacy better.

I have friends and family that their family history indicates all I need to know about the Turkocratia. The legact of the Ottoman empire is misery and bloodshed.

Both Libya and Saudi Arabia were a Turkish territory. It was just a hundred years ago.

And still parts of the Balkans.

Ottoman legacy is something beyond nationalism. It is an umbrella. For this reason, any attempt to revive Ottoman country is always a possibility.

I agree, but I don't welcome the possibility of an attempt at revival with open arms, quite the contrary.

Westerners don't have the long view on things, others do.

Turkey's military presence is growing. More the EU/Russia/ American push for anti-Turkey policies, Turkey becomes more powerful. There will be times we won't need NATO membership anymore. We will be capable of fighting in multiple fronts.

I've long thought that Turkey's membership in NATO was self-serving Turkish bullshit.

18 years ago when Erdogan came into power for the first time, Turkey wasn't able to produce a simple rifle because of dependence on America and NATO. It just took 10 years to nationalize %80 of Turkey's military equipment. Believe me Turkey is taking over both Russia and Europe is not far away.

Turkey's not taking over Russia. You've fought many wars with Russia and lost every single one.
Istanbuller wrote:I advice you to read about Ottoman history. You will understand Ottoman legacy better. Both Libya and Saudi Arabia were a Turkish territory. It was just a hundred years ago. Ottoman legacy is something beyond nationalism. It is an umbrella. For this reason, any attempt to revive Ottoman country is always a possibility.

You really have to realise, Ottoman empire was just a small and unfortunate page of middle Eastern and balkan history and legacy.
Hellenic, Slavic, Arab and Iranian peoples used to rule this place for thousands of years before Turkey was even a concept.
You were lucky to be the one who filled the power vacuum caused by the collapse of the byzantine empire (which was the USA of medieval era). You were nothing more than a necessary evil for the west, just a temporary filler until they would decide what they would do with the lands once ruled by byzantium. And your fall is still not completed :) .
Proof of this, is first of all, all the regional history between 1500s until 1800s(full of Turkey being lured into Western traps and getting humiliated worldwide) .
Also, you only lasted 400 years (and that's by adding the 200 years in which the West was keeping you alive because they still haven't decided what to do with these lands). The only time we can consider a "golden age" during the Ottoman rule, that'd be from the rule of Mahmut the Conqueror (1451)until the death of Suleiman the Magnificent (1566), in which there was a very relative stability and growth within the empire. But still not a real golden age.

You say everywhere there is legacy of the Ottoman empire. Yes that's true, you can understand all the regions turks ruled before, because they all politically very instable,financially and infrastructure wise undeveloped and very back in tech and society structure.
The Ottoman rule signed the fall of Eastern rule (Greeks, Arabs, Iranians, assyrians) , and signaled the beginning of Western rule (British, German, French) over the world.
Literature, laws, poetry, arts, language, society, religion. Everything stopped progressing and going forward when turks came in.

Turkish rule was only a very unfortunate period for the humanity and history of this region.
In the far future (maybe not so far), Turkish problem will have been solved with resolution by their neighbouring states or the world powers. Because turkey is just a problem for everyone and such states never last for long.
Istanbuller wrote:We will be capable of fighting in multiple fronts.

Haven't I heard this one before? :?:

At least in the case of the Nazis, they inherited one of the scientifically most advanced countries at the time. Erdogan is nothing but a tinpot dictator of a banana republic, where intellectuals are driven into internal or external exile to be replaced by incompetent Islamists.

Believe me Turkey is taking over both Russia and Europe is not far away.

Why so modest? Why not take over both the US and China too?

Honestly, @Istanbuller, you always were crazy, but at least you were funny.

It's scary what nationalism does do people's mind.

I hate to think what it will do to your self-respect when you have to face reality and come begging for some handouts so your economy won't go belly up. I'm sure Europe will help you out again like a wayward child that's gone off the bent. :lol:
Following the withdrawal of the US from the region, closer cooperation between Russia and the EU is inevitable. The Russians can provide the military power and the EU can provide the economic power. Together we are unbeatable.

That'll stop the Turkish nuisance once and for all.

Macron and Putin discuss Libyan crisis in videoconference meeting
Why would any European leader Support Russia? It is apparent that Putin is trying to seize all energy supply lines to Europe. He want to make you more dependent on Russia. Are you really this blind?

It can be better if you have competition on energy supplies, thus you get cheaper resources.

I would not trust Russia that much If I were you. Russians, just like Americans and Israelis, always play on both sides. When things begin to shape, they choose the side. But Euros, specifically Macron, are so naive. You are too incompetent to get in touch with reality.
Istanbuller wrote:Why would any European leader Support Russia? It is apparent that Putin is trying to seize all energy supply lines to Europe. He want to make you more dependent on Russia. Are you really this blind?

It can be better if you have competition on energy supplies, thus you get cheaper resources.

I would not trust Russia that much If I were you. Russians, just like Americans and Israelis, always play on both sides. When things begin to shape, they choose the side. But Euros, specifically Macron, are so naive. You are too incompetent to get in touch with reality.

Ah, I see that the real axe you have to grind is based on the fear of less European dependence on Middle Eastern resources. If they diversify then it's less income for any would-be Caliph and less chance for a neo-Ottoman type revival.
Istanbuller wrote:Why would any European leader Support Russia? It is apparent that Putin is trying to seize all energy supply lines to Europe. He want to make you more dependent on Russia. Are you really this blind?

Haha
Damn dude, do you have any idea who frnch and Germans are? Have you ever read any kind of history book about Europe? Frenchies and Germans are not newbies in the world diplomacy stage. Again you neglect all these thousands of years of European diplomacy war and civilisation that existed before turkey.
Dude, you either are on drugs while writing, either erdogan propaganda has really got into you. And I really hope you're on drugs, because being brainwashed is worse than drugs when it comes to national and world security and safety. People like you, are the reason Hitler and Erdogan rose to power
F-35 project as a whole is too wrong; so much so Turkey's exclusion from it will make me orgasmic-happy.

Alas, both you and I are overtly optimistic in our expectations. F-35 is such a monumental "trillion-dollar" failure that, at the end, we (Nato countries, oil-rich gulf states, and the rest of the world except few) will all be required to chip in to make it float. We are living in the age of "too big to fail". This way or that way, diplomats will find a solution, and 25+ billion dollars will be milked from Turkey for ~100 F-35.

That said, if it somehow miraculously didn't happen, it's is not a big deal.

Success of defense strategy of a country doesn't rely on having one type of jet fighter or another. It depends on the correlation and cohesion of the various aspects of the defense mechanisms. In this context, Turkey does not need F-35s at all. F-16s can go on delivering their purpose for at least 20+ years. By that time, Turkey will be producing its domestic jet fighters anyway.

There are lots of fuming incoherent rants about Turkey in this post. There is no way for me address all of them at the same time. I can only recommend you guys to inform yourselves a lot deeper on a topic before phrasing your opinions. That will make you guys less laughable for sure.

Last but not least... I observe a common notion circling around that Erdogan is bad; when he is gone, everything about Turkey will be fixed. This notion is once again overtly optimistic on your behalf.

Erdogan is nothing but a populist politician, leading a state apparatus/bureaucracy which embodies 1000+ years long unbroken tradition of itself.

Don't expect that Turkey's Aegean policy, Syrian policy, Libyan policy etc will be quite different than now once Erdogan is replaced by someone else. It won't. Exactly like political futures of Johnson, Macron or Merkel will not play a major factor in their respective countries' long term strategic targets.

And, when the historians make their verdict about "who influenced who" question on Erdogan and Turkish state, you will all be disappointed. :lol:
Last edited by Vanasalus on 03 Jul 2020 00:33, edited 2 times in total.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]

We have totally dominant hate filled ideology. T[…]

I got my results: https://moralfoundations.github[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving […]