Election 2020 - Page 146 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Drlee
Trump has been an unmitigated disaster for the middle class during this Covid crisis. He has provided nearly nothing to them. His inaction has gutted small business across the country.

Saddest of all, his supporters are simply not smart enough to see it. And now he is trying to rally a racist/white supremacist response. He is a disaster also for down ticket races.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:Trump has been an unmitigated disaster for the middle class during this Covid crisis. He has provided nearly nothing to them. His inaction has gutted small business across the country.

Saddest of all, his supporters are simply not smart enough to see it. And now he is trying to rally a racist/white supremacist response. He is a disaster also for down ticket races.

President Trump provided my wife and myself $2400 during the Covid crisis. Obama and Biden never gave me even one cent. They were always taking money away from me and everyone I know. Unlike the left-wing fake news media and the Democrats, President Trump honored our country and our military on this Independence Day. The left-wing Democrats hate this country. MSNBC wouldn't even cover the Independence Day celebration at the White House because of their hatred.
By Drlee
President Trump provided my wife and myself $2400 during the Covid crisis.

Actually Nancy Pelosi did.

I do not expect you to have read the constitution. I do not expect you to read at all.

Let me school you:

Federalist 58, James Madison explains it: In The Federalist No. 58, James Madison described the centrality of the power of the purse’s role in the growth of representative government and its particular importance in the Constitution’s governmental structure:

The House of Representatives cannot only refuse, but they alone can propose the supplies requisite for the support of government. They, in a word, hold the purse—that powerful instrument by which we behold, in the history of the British Constitution, an infant and humble representation of the people gradually enlarging the sphere of its activity and importance, and finally reducing, as far as it seems to have wished, all the overgrown prerogatives of the other branches of the government. This power over the purse may, in fact, be regarded as the most complete and effectual weapon with which any constitution can arm the immediate representatives of the people, for obtaining a redress of every grievance, and for carrying into effect every just and salutary measure.

So you are (who is surprised) wrong again. Trump did not give you the money, though like a true megalomaniac, for the first time in American history, he put his name on the checks. Congress gave you the money. Or, if you were a conservative like me you would realize, congress gave you back your own money. And who is the Speaker of the House of Representatives and responsible for all of the votes there? The honorable, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Nancy Patricia Pelosi, Democrat from the State of California. ( I might mention, she is a good one to trust with money given that she was sent to congress by a state that is the fifth largest economy in the world. It has cities with larger GDP's than Georgia.)

(I was once marked down in class for answering the question: "What is the capital of Georgia?" with the answer, "About 90 bucks.")
By jimjam
In nearly every other democracy in the world giving money (campaign contributions) directly to politicians is considered bribery. In the USA it is considered freedom of speech. The laws regarding financing political activity need to be changed.

Trump promised to clean up Wall Street, have a jobs program, infrastructure rebuilding and give everyone cheap good health care insurance. He lied. This time around we have a choice between the liar and another politics as usual guy running for president. Either way the wealthy will continue running things as usual until finally totally exasperated people will riot in the streets. ( :hmm: seems to be happening ………….. :hmm: time for "law and order")
By jimjam
Beren wrote:It's a reality in Hungary

My grandparents came to America from Hungary in 1900. Another time, another era, another world. Now we have around 8,000,000,000 people on a planet along with an endless reality of plagues and destroyed infrastructure. My grandfather was a Catholic priest who had 5 kids.
By Beren
jimjam wrote:My grandparents came to America from Hungary in 1900.

So they were two of the ~900,000 that emigrated to the USA from Hungary between 1900 and 1909. :)
By jimjam
Beren wrote:So they were two of the ~900,000 that emigrated to the USA from Hungary between 1900 and 1909. :)

do you know why there was a spike in emigration at that time? Their timing was lucky ….. missed 2 world wars.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:Obama and Biden never gave me even one cent

Poor baby. They "gave" me about 10 grand on a real estate deal to help dig America out of the latest Republican induced financial collapse at the time.

BTY ….. have you heard anything yet about trump's plan to provide affordable health care for all Americans? All I hear about is his plan to strip health care from 23,000,000 Americans and reasons NOT to vote for his opponent. The only reason I have heard FOR voting for Don The Con is that he is the self proclaimed best president in history …………. :?:
By Beren
jimjam wrote:do you know why there was a spike in emigration at that time? Their timing was lucky ….. missed 2 world wars.

There was an overpopulation of agricultural workers, they went from the Northeastern part of the country mostly.

By jimjam
Beren wrote:There was an overpopulation of agricultural workers, they went from the Northeastern part of the country mostly.

Thank you …. very interesting, I'm always interested in my heritage. I have 2 regrets in life …. not visiting Hungary and not completing the Boston Marathon. Grandfather's name was Fr. Jackonovics; changed to Jackovics in America.
By Beren
jimjam wrote:Grandfather's name was Fr. Jackonovics; changed to Jackovics in America.

That sounds Slavic, so he could have been from the Northern-Northeastern part of the country, which is Slovakia and Ukraine today, indeed.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Poor baby. They "gave" me about 10 grand on a real estate deal to help dig America out of the latest Republican induced financial collapse at the time.

BTY ….. have you heard anything yet about trump's plan to provide affordable health care for all Americans? All I hear about is his plan to strip health care from 23,000,000 Americans and reasons NOT to vote for his opponent. The only reason I have heard FOR voting for Don The Con is that he is the self proclaimed best president in history …………. :?:

If you think the Democrats are going to give you healthcare and everything for FREE, then you are the victim of the Dem's con job.
By jimjam
53,466 ……………. total "tweets" by president Tweetie Bird …… every one a literary masterpiece :lol:
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:If you think the Democrats are going to give you healthcare and everything for FREE, then you are the victim of the Dem's con job.

I asked about Don The Con not Democrats, we are all anxiously awaiting his plan to provide affordable health care for all Americans. ….. did you miss that little nuance? :)

Democrats? Thank God for them...…. because of them I have medicare and social security in my old age. Republicans? I don't have dick because of them ….. just "trickle down economics" :lol:
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:I asked about Don The Con not Democrats, we are all anxiously awaiting his plan to provide affordable health care for all Americans. ….. did you miss that little nuance? :)

Vote Republican in 2020 and you may find out.

jimjam wrote:Democrats? Thank God for them...…. because of them I have medicare and social security in my old age. Republicans? I don't have dick because of them ….. just "trickle down economics" :lol:

How much you get under Medicare and Social Security will also depend on how well our economy does. I believe that is part of saving Medicare and Social Security. I believe the Democrats will destroy our economy and so goes Medicare and Social Security down the drain. I want to keep my Medicare and Social Security too.
By Drlee
How much you get under Medicare and Social Security will also depend on how well our economy does. I believe that is part of saving Medicare and Social Security. I believe the Democrats will destroy our economy and so goes Medicare and Social Security down the drain. I want to keep my Medicare and Social Security too.

We are in a deep recession. Some say a depression and it is going to get worse. The unemployment rate is higher than it has been in 75 years because Trump did nothing to work to ameliorate the effects of the pandemic. Instead of doing anything about either the economy or the pandemic, Trump is tweeting about dead confederates. His Vice President, Mrs. Pence is flying around doing the most nothing possible. And you Mr. @Hindsite are afraid the democrats with fuck up the economy? :lol: :lol: :lol:
By XogGyux
Drlee wrote:We are in a deep recession. Some say a depression and it is going to get worse. The unemployment rate is higher than it has been in 75 years because Trump did nothing to work to ameliorate the effects of the pandemic. Instead of doing anything about either the economy or the pandemic, Trump is tweeting about dead confederates. His Vice President, Mrs. Pence is flying around doing the most nothing possible. And you Mr. @Hindsite are afraid the democrats with fuck up the economy? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Delusional people, what can you do about them >.<.
Remember when Obama botched the Ebola outbreak.. well there was 1 death in the US due to ebola. So far Trump is 130k times worse than Obama in this regard.
The price for democracy is that you also end up allowing complete morons to vote... from time to time you end up with a Trump. Hopefully, the country develops antibodies against shitty presidents once we are done with him.
By Beren
Hindsite wrote:Vote Republican in 2020 and you may find out.

Although I'd be a white middle-aged middle-class American male, if I lived in the USA, so the GOP should be my natural choice, I wonder if how I could vote for them, I could only imagine white trash voting for them as they're now.
By Drlee
Although I'd be a white middle-aged middle-class American male, if I lived in the USA, so the GOP should be my natural choice, I wonder if how I could vote for them, I could only imagine white trash voting for them as they're now.

You couldn't @Beren . Judging from your posts, you are educated, aware, well read, reasonable, kind and most of all your IQ is over 80.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]