Why is it that God hates America so much? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Potemkin wrote:Lol. No. A Buddhist is not a Christian, since he or she does not believe that Jesus was the Son of God nor that he was resurrected from the dead. They therefore, logically speaking, cannot be a "better Christian" than anyone, since they are not Christian at all in any meaningful sense. And if you are asserting that anyone whom you personally describe as "good" is, by definition, automatically a Christian, then that is a leap of logic too far for me. Lol.

You're a prodigy aren't you? :knife: :hmm:
Didn't some guy in the Bible say something like: You Will Know Them by Their Fruits ?

I think that what they meant by being 'better Christians', is that, aside from a belief in "God", they easily follow the same teachings of Jesus... probably better than an actual believer.

Note: Jesus travelled East and learned Buddhism between the time he was 16 and 30. It's a little known fact.
Potemkin wrote:In fact, assuming there is a God, most nations (and most individuals) should be trying very hard not to attract His (or Her or Its) attention. Any God with a sense of justice would rain fire and brimstone down upon them in furious anger.

You seem to be confining justice to a very Christian conception of justice. You seem to be excluding vast areas of the human conception of justice, the Spartan conception of justice, the Hindu conception of justice, the Buddhist conception of justice for examples. According to the Hindus and Buddhists, we are actually already living in a very just universe. If someone is born immensely rich and privileged, that is because they have earned that wealth and privilege in previous lives.

Conversely if for example you were born as slave in America's deep south, that is because you haven't earned anything better. Hinduism and Buddhism enjoins the Black slave to stop whining about the injustice of his situation and work hard to earn a better incarnation in the next life. According to Buddhism and Hindus, which are fundamentally optimistic religions, if a Black woman slave in the Deep South works hard for her Karma appointed masters, then there's a good chance that in her next life she can come back as a Black male slave in the Deep South and if a Black male slave works hard for his Karma appointed masters then there's a good chance that in the next life he can come back as a Black male slave in the Near South in the next life. :)
Rich wrote:You seem to be confining justice to a very Christian conception of justice. You seem to be excluding vast areas of the human conception of justice, the Spartan conception of justice, the Hindu conception of justice, the Buddhist conception of justice for examples. According to the Hindus and Buddhists, we are actually already living in a very just universe. If someone is born immensely rich and privileged, that is because they have earned that wealth and privilege in previous lives.

Conversely if for example you were born as slave in America's deep south, that is because you haven't earned anything better. Hinduism and Buddhism enjoins the Black slave to stop whining about the injustice of his situation and work hard to earn a better incarnation in the next life. According to Buddhism and Hindus, which are fundamentally optimistic religions, if a Black woman slave in the Deep South works hard for her Karma appointed masters, then there's a good chance that in her next life she can come back as a Black male slave in the Deep South and if a Black male slave works hard for his Karma appointed masters then there's a good chance that in the next life he can come back as a Black male slave in the Near South in the next life. :)

...and a few billion years later they might even manage to incarnate as an upper-middle class Englishman, who is beyond any shadow of a doubt the very acme of human perfection and well-deserved prosperity. Eh, Rich? ;)
Potemkin wrote:...and a few billion years later they might even manage to incarnate as an upper-middle class Englishman, who is beyond any shadow of a doubt the very acme of human perfection and well-deserved prosperity. Eh, Rich? ;)

You made me laugh hard again Potemkin. Our Rich here is a man with a profound sense of respect for the logic of religious thoughts eh? :lol:

No, I subscribe to the philosophy of Sofia from Alice Walker's novel The Color Purple.

Here cue it up at 2:25 (You should bash Mr's head open and think about heaven later). You can't tolerate abuse and lack of dignity and disrespect in this world. It never goes away anyway. You will just repress it and it will explode. Rich needs to realize all of us got human needs. He should also consider what the German people learned after all their abusive behavior from WWII? Don't punish people. Rehabilitate them instead:

When Celie got tired of accepting all the damn abuse as all of us humans have our breaking points:

Potemkin wrote:...and a few billion years later they might even manage to incarnate as an upper-middle class Englishman, who is beyond any shadow of a doubt the very acme of human perfection and well-deserved prosperity. Eh, Rich? ;)

Humans exist in a hierarchy. That is the product of evolution or God (if you are a believer). It is not fair, I know.
Julian658 wrote:Humans exist in a hierarchy. That is the product of evolution or God (if you are a believer). It is not fair, I know.

It's a product of human beings, @Julian658. And it can be changed, and it has been changed before, and will be changed again. This process of change is what we call "history".
Potemkin wrote:It's a product of human beings, @Julian658. And it can be changed, and it has been changed before, and will be changed again. This process of change is what we call "history".

It cannot be changed because not two humans are alike. Even identical twins which share 100% of DNA and grow in the same family achieve differently in life. Some people are destined for the gutter and others are destined for greatness. Blame God for that!

Matthew 25:29 says: “For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away."
Patrickov wrote:On a side note, archaeological research seems to suggest that there's no such thing as "Israeli whacking everyone".

Whether the myth is true or not (that's not the purpose of mythology) is irrelevant. Mythologies are used to explain basic principles. And the principle that is being explained in Genesis is "Wealth and Security through genocide."

And the believers in this mythology practice what they are preached.

Atlantis wrote:... in history, god has always been seen as an entity rewarding our own people (IF we worship adequately) and punishing our enemies.

This is also true of kings and queens, cult leaders, and the CEO whose ass you're supposed to be kissing 8 hours a day at your shit job.
QatzelOk wrote:Mythologies are used to explain basic principles. And the principle that is being explained in Genesis is "Wealth and Security through genocide."

And the believers in this mythology practice what they are preached.

I am pretty sure the likes of Khmer Rogue were not believers of Genesis yet they did it no less brutal than those "preached" to be so.
My hunch is that this is not what Pence is trying to achieve. Pence is trying to blame god for the failure of his own management.

No. :roll:

So, that could be one answer to the OP. My hunch is that there is more to it, though.

God doesn't ''hate'' America. God may hate the evil that people do. Since I suspect that you're one of these people who has an Anti-American worldview in essence yet possibly doesn't believe in God, I doubt that you're truly understanding the dynamic involved.
Patrickov wrote:I am pretty sure the likes of Khmer Rogue were not believers of Genesis yet they did it no less brutal than those "preached" to be so.

I'm sure you know far less about the bad deeds of the Khmer Rouge than you know about the foul deeds of the government and military of your own country. But it feels better to project criticism onto others, doesn't it.

That's called "othering" or "scapegoating," and it's a very easy way to avoid difficult truths.

And your denial of the genocide of the Canaanites is noted (and legal.)
@Atlantis ;

what are you blathering on about?

''blathering''? And Americans are called boorish, disrespectful, and uncivilized :roll:

Even if god did exist,

He does.

I doubt that he has chosen you as his mouthpeace.

And yet, you're making statements indicating where you think God should stand with regards to Vice-President Pence and America, projecting your own political axe to grind onto what Pence had to say....

Whereas I did not act as God's ''mouthpiece'', I simply drew upon what I know as a Christian, drawing upon what I've learned from our Scriptures and Tradition.

We are not talking about god, we are talking about how Pence/GOP uses the concept of god.

That's talking about God. :roll:

Pence is not wrong, strictly speaking, about what he said in regards to God and His Judgement, but I suspect that he might be glossing over what God thinks of the Rich and what He has said concerning them in inspired Scripture.

So no, no ''blathering'' here on my part at least. ;)
annatar1914 wrote:And yet, you're making statements indicating where you think God should stand with regards to Vice-President Pence and America,

And there you go on blathering. I certainly said no such thing. I'm just taking Pence by his word.

And no, "blathering" is good old English. I doubt Americans use it much. If you can't take the facts, you shouldn't go on blathering nonsense.

We obviously don't agree on religion, but I do respect your Christian faith, if you do in fact possess such a thing. Nevertheless, your pretense of knowing god's will is nothing less than blasphemous in my view.
QatzelOk wrote:I'm sure you know far less about the bad deeds of the Khmer Rouge than you know about the foul deeds of the government and military of your own country.

As a matter of fact, "my own country" is China, not United Kingdom nor United States, so I agree very much with this statement.

Ironically, both China and the United States at some stage gave some kind of support to Khmer Rouge, at least as part of a coalition against the Vietnamese-leaning government (headed by none other than Hun Sen, the current Prime Minister)

EDIT:
QatzelOk wrote:And your denial of the genocide of the Canaanites is noted (and legal.)

I have to say this is just something I find, not what I agree -- I am in no position to make such a decision, especially this is something so far in the past that ordinary people like us do not have sufficient knowledge. However, as much as I am not in a position to decide whether the Biblical narrative is true or not, I am afraid you probably don't have enough evidence to prove your claim either.
And there you go on blathering. I certainly said no such thing. I'm just taking Pence by his word.

Actually you're doing the very opposite to ''taking Pence by his word'' in spirit.

And no, "blathering" is good old English. I doubt Americans use it much. If you can't take the facts, you shouldn't go on blathering nonsense.

What concrete ''facts'' have you given that should be taken, exactly?

We obviously don't agree on religion, but I do respect your Christian faith, if you do in fact possess such a thing. Nevertheless, your pretense of knowing god's will is nothing less than blasphemous in my view.

Here we go; the classic ''non-believer telling a believer what to believe as a Christian'' act. Dispense with the hypocritical cant about ''respecting'' my Christian faith when it should be obvious to all and sundry that you do not.

And this is why you do not understand Pence, or me, interpreting what I'm saying as ''blathering'' when you are in fact being called out on this.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]