" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Page 175 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite, another 2+ million more people dying from Covid-19(in the USA), just to get herd immunity is not a "drawback", you sadistic psychopath. :knife:

United States / COVID-19

127,487 total deaths
July 5, 2020
The death rate in the USA has been falling fast, so there will not be 2+ million more people dying from Covid-19 (in the USA) as long as the Trump of God is our leader.
Praise the Lord.
Hindsite wrote:The death rate in the USA has been falling fast, so there will not be 2+ million more people dying from Covid-19 (in the USA) as long as the Trump of God is our leader.
Praise the Lord.

God wouldn't use the word "cases" when talking about illnesses because he's not a huge liar and has no agenda since he isn't a Big Pharma shareholder and won't make a cent off of either vaccinations or repressive digital surveillance technology.

I bet a lot of people will be anxious to lose any remaining civil rights and privacy they still have after the war on terror lead us to the war on a virus. Look at how anxious some of our "progressives" were here when it came to locking people up. They didn't even need any proof that this would work - just like mask-wearing. These are just signs that you believe the hand that feeds you.
@Hindsite Considering you haven't a fucking clue what you are talking about, I'll dismiss what you say outright. It is pure fantasy.

Coronavirus: US death rate increases over last 24 hours — as it happened
Another 1,500 fatalities over the last 24 hours is highest tally of the week but the rate remains below early May
https://www.ft.com/content/af3d68b8-928 ... 5be7357ac6
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite Considering you haven't a fucking clue what you are talking about, I'll dismiss what you say outright. It is pure fantasy.

“The number that need to be admitted, the percentage with symptoms, has declined,” he said. “The number we admit that need to be in ICU and ventilated is declining. We are able to get them out of the hospital in a shorter time period than a few months ago.”

At Wellington Regional Hospital, the number of new patients remains steady, but fewer require hospitalization, said spokesman Allen Poston.

“We continue to have a decent number of COVID-19 patients coming to the ER to be checked,” he said. “For the most part, they are younger. Some are being admitted, but a vast majority are being discharged to self-care at home.”

At first, with insufficient test kits in stock, only those with symptoms could be tested, a limitation that naturally skewed the results toward the elderly, who were more likely to get sick. But now testing is more widely available, with many younger people getting swabbed as a condition of returning to work.

Dr. Marty, of Florida International University, said “If these younger people, who are less likely to get sick mounted a successful immune response, then [the virus] shifting to a younger age group would be good, because by the time they got older, everything would be better because they’d be more resistant to it.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronaviru ... e-story.ht
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite Your link does not work, and it's likely out of date, just like you.

I quoted the important parts. But if you really want to read the article try this:

The changing face of coronavirus in Florida: Younger victims, and what that means

By DAVID FLESHLER and CINDY KRISCHER GOODMAN
SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL |
JUN 20, 2020 AT 7:04 AM

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronaviru ... story.html

I can't get into your article to read it either.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/marke ... r-BB16mXHn

China's stock market is up 13% over the past two weeks. The rally is being attributed to them having engaged in expanded testing, which made it look like there would be a second wave of the Coronavirus, but the new case load wasn't followed with a spike in deaths. So their stock market has gotten so hot that Bloomberg is crying about it being a bubble, because they are afraid the same thing will happen in the US if the deaths don't match the new case numbers.

So far in Florida, daily deaths were down to under 30. I noticed the stable nature of the graph though and did a quick analysis: apparently far fewer people die over the weekend from CV than die during the normal week. I'm not sure what we can attribute this to, my best guess would be that people's families visit them during the weekends and that's why the number of deaths is lower then.
So you are quoting an argument from over 2 weeks ago. That is irrelevant to what is happening now. The covid cases are now much higher.

here ya go:

Coronavirus cases in Florida top 200,000; daily death toll 14 in Pinellas
State health officials reported an additional 10,059 infections and 29 deaths statewide on Sunday.
Once again, Florida’s health officials reported Sunday that the number of coronavirus infections throughout the state has increased by more than 10,000 over a 24-hour period — enough to push the state’s overall caseload past 200,000.

With an additional 10,059 novel coronavirus infections reported Sunday, Florida’s caseload now stands at 200,111 — roughly one in every 112 people. Sunday was the third day out of four where more than 10,000 cases were reported, following Saturday’s caseload of 11,445.

The state Department of Health also reported Sunday that an additional 29 people have died from COVID-19, the respiratory infection caused by the novel coronavirus, bringing the overall death toll to 3,832.

Pinellas County reported 14 deaths during the 24-hour reporting period — a record-breaking high for deaths reported in a single day. The previous record was set June 23, when 13 deaths were reported in Pinellas County. In all, Pinellas has suffered a total of 200 deaths to the coronavirus and is averaging 6 deaths per day.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/20 ... ps-200000/
Godstud wrote:So you are quoting an argument from over 2 weeks ago. That is irrelevant to what is happening now. The covid cases are now much higher.

here ya go:

Coronavirus cases in Florida top 200,000; daily death toll 14 in Pinellas
State health officials reported an additional 10,059 infections and 29 deaths statewide on Sunday.
Once again, Florida’s health officials reported Sunday that the number of coronavirus infections throughout the state has increased by more than 10,000 over a 24-hour period — enough to push the state’s overall caseload past 200,000.

With an additional 10,059 novel coronavirus infections reported Sunday, Florida’s caseload now stands at 200,111 — roughly one in every 112 people. Sunday was the third day out of four where more than 10,000 cases were reported, following Saturday’s caseload of 11,445.

The state Department of Health also reported Sunday that an additional 29 people have died from COVID-19, the respiratory infection caused by the novel coronavirus, bringing the overall death toll to 3,832.

Pinellas County reported 14 deaths during the 24-hour reporting period — a record-breaking high for deaths reported in a single day. The previous record was set June 23, when 13 deaths were reported in Pinellas County. In all, Pinellas has suffered a total of 200 deaths to the coronavirus and is averaging 6 deaths per day.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/20 ... ps-200000/

That is only one county in Florida. Overall, Florida death rates continue to go down just like the rest of the country. "DeSantis has stressed that deaths are on a generally downward trajectory."
HalleluYah
The deaths are UP, not down, now. You posted from June 20. It is July 6, now. Kapeesh?

You are incorrect, as usual, because you seek to undermine USA's response to the disease to fuel your childish infatuation and idolatry of Trump.
How the fuck are people still arguing on Trump's behalf that he didn't fuck this up in the worst way possible?

I mean, it owns. I'm glad the president is a fucking moron because it means I get to work from home until the end of August at a minimum. But lol. Fucking lmfao at every fucking moron who thinks they need to white knight the dumbest man on the planet. A man, who from day one, everyone knew would fuck up any crisis that landed in his lap.
Haha the president is such a fucking moronic narcissist that he is holding plague rallies so people can spit in each other's mouths and say the virus doesn't exist for the purpose of ~owning da libz~ like haha who the fuck can defend anything the president has done from an intellectual standpoint lmfao
trump clone governor DeSantis of Florida has chosen to let some people die so others can dance and drink. It's kind of hard to stuff that genie back in the bottle. I fear we are doomed to be trapped in a cycle of rampaging sickness, ignorance, and anger long after the rest of the world has figured out how tamp down the virus’ spread.

Obese Donald's "plan" to protect Americans during this deadly epidemic?: “I think we’re gonna be very good with the coronavirus,” Trump said in an interview with Fox Business on Wednesday. “I think that at some point that’s going to sort of just disappear." Meanwhile he babbles on about creating a "garden" full of statues of American heroes ………….. presumably the biggest statue will be one of d.trump …… the greatest president in American history while whining about how unfair everybody is to him. Surreal in the extreme :eek: .
SpecialOlympian wrote:"Governing is hard, so we're going to give up and hope nobody notices."

Lmfao. Trump supporters are fucking retards.

Convincing people that "everything is fine" cannot work when the rest of the world is not taking this approach. Even if "everything is fine" europe, asia, australia, canada, the world just took a big hit to their economies to control the virus, what are the chances that they are going to "convince" their respective population that everything is just fine with america and they should allow us to travel freely. Best case scenario the mortality rate is controlled and we get banned from most countries for months if not years (certainly not great for our economy either). Worse case scenario we are still banned but there is chaos in our country, people die en mass, our hospital/healthcare systems buckle under the weight of the pandemic and our economy basically dies.
XogGyux wrote:Convincing people that "everything is fine" cannot work when the rest of the world is not taking this approach. Even if "everything is fine" europe, asia, australia, canada, the world just took a big hit to their economies to control the virus, what are the chances that they are going to "convince" their respective population that everything is just fine with america and they should allow us to travel freely. Best case scenario the mortality rate is controlled and we get banned from most countries for months if not years (certainly not great for our economy either). Worse case scenario we are still banned but there is chaos in our country, people die en mass, our hospital/healthcare systems buckle under the weight of the pandemic and our economy basically dies.

Trump's promise: America will be respected again.

Trump's delivery: The entire UN laughs at him during his speeches. World leaders openly call him an idiot and brag about how hard they own him and his idiot family. Americans are viewed as the lepers of the world.

Promises made. Promises kept. America is great again.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Trump's promise: America will be respected again.

Trump's delivery: The entire UN laughs at him. People only call him an idiot. Americans are viewed as the lepers of the world.

Promises made. Promises kept. America is great again.

ISIS is in disarray.
Trade Deal with Canada and Mexico renegotiated.
Oil War between Russia and SA averted with one phone call.

I think the world fears & respects us, but they just don't like us. I am fine with that, Machiavelli would approve.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]