"Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man" - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The explosive tell-all book by Trump's niece is coming out two weeks earlier than expected
Mary Trump's scathing book claims Trump paid someone to take his SATs

The author, Trump's niece, Mary Trump, is a licensed clinical psychologist, so it must be an interesting read and I doubt the Donald's SATs are the most interesting part. :excited:

It's like there's a complete summer offensive against Trump.
Mary Trump is the daughter of Fred Trump’s oldest son, also called Fred, who died in 1981 in his early 40s, from the effects of alcoholism. The author writes that Donald Trump’s character was formed by watching the traumas inflicted on and suffered by his older brother, who could not handle the pressure to inherit Fred Trump's real estate empire and became self-destructive.

Fred's premature death is the saddest episode of their family history. In an interview with The Washington Post, Donald Trump opened up about his relationship with his late brother and expressed regret over how he treated Fred Jr. and his struggle with alcoholism. Trump said Fred's memory still shaped his life to that day, and had a huge impact on the trajectory of his own business career and life.

A 2016 New York Times article details Freddy's decline into alcoholism, revealing that the eldest Trump's issues began in his mid-20s, and that by 1968, his drinking started to severely impact his life. "He got divorced, quit flying because he knew his drinking presented a danger and failed at commercial fishing in Florida. By the late 1970s, he was living back in his parents’ house in Jamaica Estates, working on one of his father’s maintenance crews," reads the article.

It also suggests that seeing his brother's suffering inspired Trump's aggressive ambition, and that at the time, it was hard for Trump understand his brother's lack of drive. "Mr. Trump said he had learned by watching his brother how bad choices could drag down even those who seemed destined to rise."

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/socie ... n-history/
I ain't reading shit about Trump. Thats what Netflix is for :D

He seemed to be quite humble in his youth, then when he started planting concrete around New York he became a bit of a dick and now it looks like he's mellowed. His dad, seemed like an interesting character :eh:

Did anyone watch the interview between Trump and his son? I think they're cute. Complete and utter nepotism, but cute nonetheless..
Lets not talk about the other son that posted a picture of Maxwell at the Clinton wedding..dbag.
That pretty much nails it.

She writes at length about how she sees Trump, comparing him to a three-year-old, saying he "knows he has never been loved" and arguing that Trump's "ego is a fragile thing that must be bolstered every moment because he knows deep down that he is nothing of what he claims to be."
Mary Trump says that she didn't take her uncle's run for president seriously at first, and didn't think Donald Trump did either.

" 'He's a clown,' my aunt Maryanne said during one of our regular lunches at the time. 'This will never happen,' " Mary Trump wrote.
She writes how lying in order to please and appease their father was "a way of life," and how Donald essentially watched his older brother Fred's failings to adapt and become his father's favored son.
"Whether Donald understood the underlying message or not, Fred did: in family, as in life, there could be only one winner; everybody else had to lose," she writes.

The stormy relationship she describes between Fred and Freddy Trump seem to echo accounts of how Donald, Freddy's younger brother, expects undying loyalty from those around him and seeks control over those people's lives and decisions.
"Donald began to realize that there was nothing he could do wrong, so he stopped trying to do anything 'right.' He became bolder and more aggressive because he was rarely challenged or held to account by the only person in the world who mattered -- his father,"
Mary Trump writes she believed Trump's father helped create who the President became, giving him the false impression of success by propping up many failed endeavors.

"Donald was to my grandfather what the border wall has been for Donald: a vanity project funded at the expense of more worthy pursuits," she writes.
David Cay Johnston is a business prof that made money on the side reporting on Trump. Which he turned into a biography.

While there is value in getting the story straight from the horses mouth, you'll find most of it in Johnston's book, and more.

Trump did things like money laundering for drug lords, dictators and other corrupt 3rd world types.

His real talent, when he wasn't in bed with crooks, was losing money.
Beren wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp_Ew98D4OM

She seems honest and serious and doesn't appear to be a joke, however, she blames her grandfather rather than the Donald himself, whom she describes as a victim mostly and considers him a product of a toxic father and a dysfunctional family that also killed her father.

Agreed. Most mental illness (and I think most people can agree that Trump isn't quite right in the head) is actually a survival strategy. Trump survived his dysfunctional family because he became, well, Donald Trump. His brother, however, failed to develop a successful survival strategy. I guess he was just too normal and well-adjusted to live. :hmm:
Potemkin wrote:Agreed. Most mental illness (and I think most people can agree that Trump isn't quite right in the head) is actually a survival strategy. Trump survived his dysfunctional family because he became, well, Donald Trump. His brother, however, failed to develop a successful survival strategy. I guess he was just too normal and well-adjusted to live. :hmm:

In my opinion it's easier to adjust to your family, or your father, if you're not a first born and weren't born to be an heir, because becoming an heir and being treated as a first born could be your primary aspiration then.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The photo in the article showing tunnels supposedl[…]

Warnings for civilians to evacuate, including drop[…]

What interests are those? He is an honorary US […]

The tail has been wagging the dog.. Israel is a[…]