Why is it that God hates America so much? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Patrickov wrote:As a matter of fact, "my own country" is China, not United Kingdom nor United States, so I agree very much with this statement.

Everyone on Earth is in a better position to criticize their own country (or region) than they are the governance of other nations. That is why I stick to what I know - North America - for my greatest criticisms. This is a way of avoiding "othering" or "scapegoating."

However, as much as I am not in a position to decide whether the Biblical narrative is true or not, I am afraid you probably don't have enough evidence to prove your claim either.

I have never seen a movie about the genocide of the Canaanites, so I'm in no position to say if they were really genocided, or if their "genocide" was just another strategic lie from a propaganda source.

For all of your "why does God hate America" needs, why not drive on over to this thread:
QatzelOk wrote:Everyone on Earth is in a better position to criticize their own country (or region) than they are the governance of other nations. That is why I stick to what I know - North America - for my greatest criticisms. This is a way of avoiding "othering" or "scapegoating."

I don't believe that is necessarily true. Obviously, natives have an extensive experience of their country, which foreigners can never have; however, natives are also limited in their views by the national myth. A foreigner can provide a perspective on your country that the natives fail to see since they can't see the forest because of all the trees.

Most natives who are very critical of their own country turn absolutely jingoistic if they encounter criticism from foreigners. So, criticizing others can be useful, but ought to be practiced with circumspection. Many people just can't take criticism.

As to the US, everybody has the right to criticize the US because the empire affects us all.
Atlantis wrote:So, criticizing others can be useful, but ought to be practiced with circumspection. Many people just can't take criticism.

Who cares what "many people" can't take. This is criticism of governance, and not of people. Governments that "can't take criticism" are called "totalitarian" or "dictatorial."

And the problem with 'criticizing other nations' is that it can become a way of scapegoating the problems that your own nation are causing. In fact, this is the main reason that status quo lovers often criticize alternatives to the status quo, including the best practices of others - which they slander as evil.
QatzelOk wrote:And the problem with 'criticizing other nations' is that it can become a way of scapegoating the problems that your own nation are causing.

It's usually the other way around: people aren't willing to accept criticism of their own country because it's more convenient to scapegoat others. That has been the normal procedure since humans first walked this planet.
Atlantis wrote:It's usually the other way around: people aren't willing to accept criticism of their own country because it's more convenient to scapegoat others. That has been the normal procedure since humans first walked this planet.

Actually, no it hasn't been that long at all. Technologies had to be invented.

Speech had to be invented first (by humans), and then lying (by humans).

Then, lying had to be dressed up as "motivational mythology" (by humans) in order to finally allow humans, about 10,000 years ago, to start scapegoating others and killing them.

And they wrote books for themselves that said "God says to do this thing that we have been doing to others."

We've killed so much since then that we're all almost exinct.

That our "holy" books often recommend destroying animals, plants, ourselves, and our natural behaviors and states - should be a hint that it was HUMANS who wrote our religious texts, with the specific human interests of their human masters in mind.
@QatzelOk, we are really veering off topic here.

What has technology got to do with human bigotry? My guess is that a preference for your own kind even exists on the microorganism level. And even primates used technology.

As to god, irrespective of whether he exists or not, the image of god we have are obviously of human invention. That doesn't mean that they are any less real in directing human conduct.
Atlantis wrote:What has technology got to do with human bigotry? My guess is that a preference for your own kind even exists on the microorganism level.

Well, then you'd be wrong. Having sex with your own species is common, but the bigotry of involving skin color, eye color, or other genetic features in selection of mates for sex, work or other... is a product of human texts, and not of nature. Dogs will have sex with any other willing dog of the opposite sex, tall or tiny, black or white. They don't have the kind of bigotry you are trying to say is "God-created." (and wouldn't I dislike someone for blaming bigotry on me like you are trying to pin it on God).

And even primates used technology.

Humans are primates. And all animals use the technologies that mankind hands them. A dog will try to chase a cellphone if you throw it like a stick. (is this what you mean?)
XogGyux wrote:^^ This guy's brain is about to implode. Please everyone keep a safe distance.

...says the guy with "Biden 2020" under his signature. :lol:

Look, Atlantis didn't understand that he was wrong about people always being prejudiced towards their own nation state and using this to scapegoat other nations. He said humans were like this since "they walked the earth."

But that's impossible because speech wasn't invented for a million years of "walking the earth." And even after speech was invented, we would need "lies" to be invented, and then "scapegoating."

All of these are cascading technologies - one gives way to another.

So we were walking on this planet for a long time before anyone had the idea to scapegoat (and kill) innocent things in order to continue with the same ideology.
QatzelOk wrote:...says the guy with "Biden 2020" under his signature. :lol:

Look, Atlantis didn't understand that he was wrong about people always being prejudiced towards their own nation state and using this to scapegoat other nations. He said humans were like this since "they walked the earth."

But that's impossible because speech wasn't invented for a million years of "walking the earth." And even after speech was invented, we would need "lies" to be invented, and then "scapegoating."

All of these are cascading technologies - one gives way to another.

So we were walking on this planet for a long time before anyone had the idea to scapegoat (and kill) innocent things in order to continue with the same ideology.

You can go in the spiral of self-hate all you want. We wouldn't be the first species to "damage" the enviroment to the brink of mass extinction... google the great oxidation event if you don't believe me.

Do you have a problem with Biden? Don't tell me you support the other guy... I wouldn't have guessed that, @QatzelOk a trump lover :lol: .
XogGyux wrote:Do you have a problem with Biden? Don't tell me you support the other guy.

If I read the posts from that member correctly, that member hates both and sees the problem being the Western civilisation itself.
The Western-Liberal world has been utterly humiliated by the fantastic success of West Virginia in restricting the deaths from the Xi virus. Its no good trying to point to Eastern Asian countries as examples of successful liberal politically correct responses. Vietnam? :lol: This was the regime that threw all its ethnic Chinese people into the sea. Japan? :lol: I think the Prime minister has openly stated that he believes their success is due to their racial superiority. None of the successful East Asian countries have the racial diversity of the United States. None have the Black, poor-Latino or Muslim crime ridden ghettos, that the US, Belgium, France and increasingly Sweden have.

Its notable that Malaysia death rate is twice that of Germany. As for Singapore, its whole raison d'etre is politically incorrect. It was created because its ethnic Chinese inhabitants didn't want to be ruled by Muslims, and the whole philosophy of its government is that its Muslim minority can not be trusted with normal western civil liberties.
Last edited by Rich on 13 Jul 2020 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
Many SE Asian countries are doing far better than ANY American piece of shit-state, including W. Virginia.

W. Virginia 128 covid-19 cases today. Thailand's still better than even ONE US state. :lol:

@Rich Yankees don't like to compare themselves with countries that can handle the pandemic. They only choose to compare themselves with the worst. :knife:
Godstud wrote:@Rich Yankees don't like to compare themselves with countries:

Referring to American citizens in general as Yankees, is as bigoted and racist as when British people refer to all South Asians as Pakistanis. There are a large number of people in South Asia and of South Asian origin who don't identify with Pakistan, including most Bengali Muslims. I don't collude with the term African Americans, but African-Yankees would be an even more stupid use of a term.
Actually, calling Americans Yanks goes back to WW2, and it's not racist, in any way, shape or form.

Yankee
-a person who lives in, or is from, the US.

-Outside the U.S., the informal "Yank" refers to Americans in general. It is especially popular among Britons, Irish, and Australians and sometimes carries pejorative overtones.

In other words, I am not using it wrong, you big snowflake. :D

USA = Yank.
Canadian = Canuck.

Hardly bigoted, you big crybaby.
Dear United States,

Please retract the thread on the site Politics Forum that claims that I "hate" your country, and that I use the term "America" when referring to it.

Usually, when s human asks some dupe "Why do you hate me?", it is because they are trying to manipulate the "dupe" into giving them more and more stuff in order to make them feel oh-so-special and superior to other people.

Why do you imagine that God - of all people - wouldn't understand this trick and react badly to it?

- G*D, Universe Creator LLC

(found on Cloud)
Finfinder wrote:I would say it is more fitting to ask why God hates Canada and Mexico so much. The jealousy towards America and Americans is palpable in both nations.

Perhaps they are jealous of Trump's walls, now that they need them. :lol:

In the meantime, the WHO is warning that the pandemic is getting worse, especially with a view on the US and Brazil

GENEVA/ZURICH (Reuters) - The new coronavirus pandemic raging around the globe will worsen if countries fail to adhere to strict healthcare precautions, the World Health Organization (WHO) warned on Monday.

FILE PHOTO: World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus attends a news conference organized by Geneva Association of United Nations Correspondents (ACANU) amid the COVID-19 outbreak, caused by the novel coronavirus, at the WHO headquarters in Geneva Switzerland July 3, 2020. Fabrice Coffrini/Pool via REUTERS/File Photo
Let me be blunt, too many countries are headed in the wrong direction, the virus remains public enemy number one,” WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a virtual briefing from the U.N. agency’s headquarters in Geneva.

If basics are not followed, the only way this pandemic is going to go - it is going to get worse and worse and worse.

Global infections stand at 13 million, according to a Reuters tally, with more than half a million deaths.

Tedros, whose leadership has been criticised by U.S. President Donald Trump, said that of 230,000 new cases on Sunday, 80% were from 10 nations, and 50% from just two countries.

The United States and Brazil have been worst hit.

WHO emergencies head Mike Ryan said some places in the Americas may need “limited or geographically focused lockdowns that suppress transmission in specific areas where transmission is frankly out of control”.

He urged countries not to make schools into a political football, saying schools could safely reopen once the virus had been suppressed.

Tedros said the WHO had still not received formal notification of the U.S. pullout announced by Trump. The U.S. president says the WHO pandered to China, where the COVID-19 disease was first detected, at the start of the crisis.

Trump, who at the weekend wore a protective face mask in public for the first time, has himself been accused by political opponents of not taking the coronavirus seriously enough, something he denies.

A two-member WHO advance team in China to investigate the origins of the coronavirus, first discovered in the city of Wuhan, is in quarantine, as per standard procedure, before beginning work with Chinese scientists, Ryan said.

The UCJ just ordered Israel to allow food aid . […]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]

@skinster so you confess that Hamas committed ma[…]