Cancel The Presidential Debates - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15106499
I think Trump doesnt release his tax returns because he wants to hide just how compromised he is by the Russians. I betcha those tax returns would show how some Russian billionaires tied to Putin have bailed Trump out of trouble so now Trump owes them. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump or Russian organized crime has been using his properties to laundered or take already laundered Russian mob money. If I were Biden I wouldn't give Trump the time or day in any kind of debate. You cant take Trump seriously as a real leader of a nation.
#15106539
Politics_Observer wrote:I think Trump doesnt release his tax returns because he wants to hide just how compromised he is by the Russians. I betcha those tax returns would show how some Russian billionaires tied to Putin have bailed Trump out of trouble so now Trump owes them. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump or Russian organized crime has been using his properties to laundered or take already laundered Russian mob money. If I were Biden I wouldn't give Trump the time or day in any kind of debate. You cant take Trump seriously as a real leader of a nation.


as I mentioned in trump and Russiagate: In September 2008, at the ‘Bridging U.S. and Emerging Markets Real Estate’ conference in New York, the president’s eldest son, Donald Jr., said: ‘In terms of high-end product influx into the United States, Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. Say, in Dubai, and certainly with our project in SoHo, and anywhere in New York. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.’

After a few bankruptcies in America, American banks wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Starved for his drug of choice, other people's money, Donald located the infamous laundromat for Russian mob cash …. the Deutsche Bank. Undoubtedly Don The Con's tax records lay out in excruciating detail Donald's eventual cultivation and entrapment by Russia. Donald's inherent recklessness and Russia's experience and cunning …. a match made in hell.

Image


“If I decide to run for office, I’ll produce my tax returns, absolutely,” he said during a visit to Ireland, where he promoted his golf club in Doonbeg. “And I would love to do that.” , Don The Con

So we have a sitting president who places priority of Russia's interests over the interests of America (treason) and has told 20,000 lies. If Biden can't make hay with that ……..
#15106708
blackjack21 wrote:They usually draw a good 20M people, sometimes more.


Apparently many people still haven't heard enough BS in their lives.

blackjack21 wrote:Intelligent people have already made up their minds.


Right. They don't engage this clown show because they know who is really running things.
#15106715
Sure, have them, but mute the microphones of the people who are not supposed to be talking, so they don't interrupt.
#15106720
blackjack21 wrote:To address that against the popular will, countries without federated systems end up with dictators like Russia or China. A representative republic is preferable.

Russia in the 1920s ended up as a dictatorship despite the fact that the Soviet Union was a federation and its largest constituent was also a federation. Russia ended up with Putin despite the fact that post Soviet Russia was a federation. China ended up with Chiang Kai-Shek, despite the preceding regime having extremely high levels of regional autonomy. China ended up with Xi Jinping because of a lack of democracy not because it wasn't a federation. Weimar Germany was de-facto a federation but ended up with Hitler. The Spanish Republic was effectively federated but still ended up with Franco.


Mussolini became dictator by ending proportional representation in Italy.
#15106733
@jimjam has it right.

Biden says, no tax returns no debate. No redactions. Just the whole return.

If they have a debate:

No audience. Covid. None. No guests.

Microphones muted when the other person is speaking.

No moving from behind the lectern. Not at all. Barrier between them.

Under these circumstances Biden would wipe the floor with Trump. Trump is incapable of debating. He has never done it in his life. Under the above conditions Trump would be an idiot to debate. That would probably not stop him.

I will tell you, if I was Biden and debating under these conditions, I would virtually ignore Trump and concentrate on the down ticket players. I would slam republican senatorial candidates at every turn. Moscow Mitch would come up many times. McSally the wimp in Arizona. I would make the debates hurt like the devil for republicans. Then, after losing the first debate badly one of two things would happen. Either the Senate would force Trump to resign and Mrs. Pence would have to try to beat Biden or they would force Trump to refuse to debate again letting his failure stand.
#15106737
Rich wrote:Russia in the 1920s ended up as a dictatorship despite the fact that the Soviet Union was a federation and its largest constituent was also a federation.

Ended up? It never was a republic. Monarchies aren't an example of federation. The communists just appropriated the language of republics. Russia has oblasts, republics, krais, and autonomous okrugs. Russia calls itself a federation. It's actually an empire. North Korea is officially known as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK). China is known as the People's Republic of China. There is virtually nothing republican about these places, nor anything federated. In the US, states are sovereign. They have their own laws, their own courts, their own rules of procedure. They have simply delegated foreign policy, regulation of interstate commerce and national defense to the United States.

Non-Americans and many Americans as well do not seem to understand federation--e.g., why Trump just can't order states to lockdown their populations in response to coronavirus.

Rich wrote:Russia ended up with Putin despite the fact that post Soviet Russia was a federation.

Putin still had to step down for Medvedev, and had to get a constitutional amendment to keep power longer than his heretofore term limits. Meaning, Putin needed a plebiscite to remain in power. He's better thought of as a populist rather than a dictator. He's hated by the West, because he didn't sign on to the LBGTQ agenda. Obama was a constant apologists for Putin, until Putin finally rolled Obama. Russia has a President that appoints the prime minister, meaning there isn't a clear separation of powers in Russia.

Rich wrote:China ended up with Chiang Kai-Shek, despite the preceding regime having extremely high levels of regional autonomy.

But not a truly federated system, like the US or postwar Germany. Prior to the revolution, China was a monarchy.

Rich wrote:China ended up with Xi Jinping because of a lack of democracy not because it wasn't a federation.

China is a one-party state. It's not a democracy or a republic.

Rich wrote:Weimar Germany was de-facto a federation but ended up with Hitler.

Okay, well you have a point there. However, Hitler was granted power by the Reichstag's enabling acts. Still a dictator though. His effort to take power by force in the 1920s failed miserably and landed him in jail.

Rich wrote:The Spanish Republic was effectively federated but still ended up with Franco.

The Spanish Republic was "declared" during a civil war deposing the monarchy. It was hardly a well-defined federation by any stretch of the imagination. Like Russia, it was an empire structurally. So tagging it with the name Republic doesn't make it so. I can go and put a Ferrari sticker on my car, but it doesn't make my car a Ferrari.

Rich wrote:Mussolini became dictator by ending proportional representation in Italy.

Which he could do much more easily, because Italy wasn't a federation. In the United States, each governor has control over their own national guard, or military. That is why civil war broke out in the US more easily than it would seem possible.

Drlee wrote:Either the Senate would force Trump to resign and Mrs. Pence would have to try to beat Biden or they would force Trump to refuse to debate again letting his failure stand.

That peyote is really something, isn't it?
#15106743
blackjack21 wrote:That peyote is really something, isn't it?


aside from stool softeners, I have to wonder what your paymaster Don The Con is on. My best guess is, among others, crystal meth.
#15106745
jimjam wrote:aside from stool softeners, I have to wonder what your paymaster Don The Con is on. My best guess is, among others, crystal meth.

His brother died of alcoholism. Alcoholics are often people with a naturally wired nervous system and find the anxiolytic and sedative effects of alcohol "normalizing." So I posit that Trump is just naturally wired, and probably a bit of a caffeine head.
#15106751
Drlee wrote:@jimjam has it right.

Biden says, no tax returns no debate. No redactions. Just the whole return.

If they have a debate:

No audience. Covid. None. No guests.

Microphones muted when the other person is speaking.

No moving from behind the lectern. Not at all. Barrier between them.

Under these circumstances Biden would wipe the floor with Trump. Trump is incapable of debating. He has never done it in his life. Under the above conditions Trump would be an idiot to debate. That would probably not stop him.

I will tell you, if I was Biden and debating under these conditions, I would virtually ignore Trump and concentrate on the down ticket players. I would slam republican senatorial candidates at every turn. Moscow Mitch would come up many times. McSally the wimp in Arizona. I would make the debates hurt like the devil for republicans. Then, after losing the first debate badly one of two things would happen. Either the Senate would force Trump to resign and Mrs. Pence would have to try to beat Biden or they would force Trump to refuse to debate again letting his failure stand.


*LIKE*

He should take a few shots at Moscow Mitch. You guys have paid him a fortune to do sweet bugger all for years.
#15106754
blackjack21 wrote:The Spanish Republic was "declared" during a civil war deposing the monarchy. It was hardly a well-defined federation by any stretch of the imagination.

No it wasn't, it was declared in 1931, when there was no civil war going on.
#15106756
blackjack21 wrote:His brother died of alcoholism. Alcoholics are often people with a naturally wired nervous system and find the anxiolytic and sedative effects of alcohol "normalizing." So I posit that Trump is just naturally wired, and probably a bit of a caffeine head.

my wife is naturally wired …… it takes some getting used to, especially for someone laid back like me ….. but it's working
#15107164
blackjack21 wrote:They can't even govern when the win office, as is evident in Seattle and Washington state, Portland and Oregon, Minneapolis and Minnesota, Chicago and Illinois; San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Los Angeles and the State of California; or, New York City and New York State. Heck, in California, the governor banned 4th of July fireworks and people just ignored him--even the cops. Democrat run jurisdictions are a complete basket case right now.


Do we even know who won the Iowa caucus? If the presidential vote is close (after the Democrats try to postpone the election) I'm betting we won't know who won for a long time while the courts get involved?
#15107188
Godstud wrote:The real fact of the matter is that you, and Trump, both know that the more people who vote, the less likely Trump will be elected.


Indeed this is accurate, I think the less people vote the better it is for everyone involved. The Bell curve supports this, why let the middle and left side of Curve vote?
People who are vested in the country, old enough to have some experience would create a much better government.
#15107195
@Finfinder If the presidential vote is close (after the Democrats try to postpone the election) I'm betting we won't know who won for a long time while the courts get involved?


:lol:

OK. I can't wait. Why would the democrats, who are leading in a big way in several swing states, want to postpone the elections? If they could they would have them tomorrow.
#15107198
Drlee wrote::lol:

OK. I can't wait. Why would the democrats, who are leading in a big way in several swing states, want to postpone the elections? If they could they would have them tomorrow.


Hillary was leading... so was Dukakis.
#15107208
Drlee wrote:@jimjam has it right.

Biden says, no tax returns no debate. No redactions. Just the whole return.

If they have a debate:

No audience. Covid. None. No guests.

Microphones muted when the other person is speaking.

No moving from behind the lectern. Not at all. Barrier between them.

Under these circumstances Biden would wipe the floor with Trump. Trump is incapable of debating. He has never done it in his life. Under the above conditions Trump would be an idiot to debate. That would probably not stop him.

I will tell you, if I was Biden and debating under these conditions, I would virtually ignore Trump and concentrate on the down ticket players. I would slam republican senatorial candidates at every turn. Moscow Mitch would come up many times. McSally the wimp in Arizona. I would make the debates hurt like the devil for republicans. Then, after losing the first debate badly one of two things would happen. Either the Senate would force Trump to resign and Mrs. Pence would have to try to beat Biden or they would force Trump to refuse to debate again letting his failure stand.


Yea that will work. :D Sounds awesome will have all the charisma of a town hall debate in Bidens basement. :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe St Johns Wort could sponsor it.

That's some serious political analysis rite there folks. :lol:

But @Drlee you are not Biden you are @Drlee the Republican with 2 Porches and MENSA membership. You would think you would know what leverage is. That's a funny one the incumbent dictating to the sitting president what the debate terms would be. Yea that is a smart winning game plan. So courageous and NOT telling. :lol: :lol: :lol:
#15107258
Rich wrote:No

The weak governments of General Dámaso Berenguer and Admiral Juan Bautista Aznar could barely keep order. At San Sebastián (August 17, 1930) an alliance of former liberal monarchists, Catalan politicians, and Republicans agreed to overthrow the monarchy. The failure of a Republican military rising at Jaca (December 12, 1930) saved them from having to establish a republic by force. The municipal elections of April 12, 1931, proved that the great cities were overwhelmingly Republican. Rather than face civil war and street demonstrations in Madrid, Alfonso XIII left Spain.


:)

Long, but a very good read. The Unraveling of Am[…]

We live in an era of fake news. My facts are you[…]

Blast in Beirut, Lebanon

Yeah, it was always going to be fake. But it was q[…]

@Crantag , Did you see my reply? If yes, then I[…]