The history of Israel & Zionism - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
QatzelOk wrote:Are you saying that genocide "doesn't deserve to be demonized?"

Are you saying that maybe the world should give genocide a chance? That it can be used to "improve" or "progress?"

I am asking you this because "celebrating genocide" - like you seem to be asking the reader to do - is much worse than Holocaust Denial. It's Holocaust Celebration, that you are suggesting.

In everyday life I get on with most people and can respect and appreciate the particular skills and qualities of most people. However when it comes to politics, and to political ideology, I have little respect for most people. People say they are really opposed to genocide, but even a relative cursory look at post World War history will reveal this was not the case. There have been a number of post World War II genocides that were preventable and if not preventable then stoppable.

Many people have noticed that most politicians seem to be dishonest, frequent liars, when they are not out and out lying, extremly careless with the truth, inconsistent, bigoted and hypocritical. And most people are correct in this low view of the behaviour and speech of politicians. However politicians lack of truth actually represents the lack of truth of most so called ordinary people. It is because of this that most political discourse takes place in a hysterical style.
ingliz wrote:So, are you saying you are a dispensationalist - Faith is pitted against obedience, nullifying the moral aspect of believing. Grace becomes the antithesis of law, providing the basis for a system that is inherently antinomian?

I don't put myself in such a box. The only box I put myself in is that of a protestant evangelical Christian. Therefore, I do not accept many of the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church.
Hindsite wrote:evangelical Christian

Why do you seek to Christianise the Jews. Where does this desire to eliminate God's witnesses (Revelation 11:1-14) from the world come from? Jews do not need baptism into the body of Christ in order to obey God.

God's sovereignty over the universe is larger than the Church.
Hindsite wrote:The only box I put myself in is that of a protestant evangelical Christian. Therefore, I do not accept many of the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church.

ingliz wrote:Why do you seek to Christianise the Jews.

Why is everyone talking like it's the 17th Century? I feel like I'm about to witness a witch-burning in this thread.
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1290052309708238849?s=20

James Baldwin was also a left-wing radical who said he wanted to get rid of God. :lol:
ingliz wrote:Why do you seek to Christianise the Jews. Where does this desire to eliminate God's witnesses (Revelation 11:1-14) from the world come from? Jews do not need baptism into the body of Christ in order to obey God.

God's sovereignty over the universe is larger than the Church.

I do not seek to Christianize the Jews. I suspect that they will do that on their own.
HalleluYah
QatzelOk wrote:Why is everyone talking like it's the 17th Century? I feel like I'm about to witness a witch-burning in this thread.

The thing about history is that it never really goes away, @QatzelOk. Sort of like a fart in a spacesuit. :)
Potemkin wrote:The thing about history is that it never really goes away, @QatzelOk. Sort of like a fart in a spacesuit. :)

Though we have been told for many years that we needed this heavy and uncomfortable garment to live a full and robust life (often told this by spacesuit salesmen theselves :lol: ) - at some point, we are going to have to take them off if we want to survive.

#analogy continues
Hindsite wrote:The Muslims accept Jesus (Yahshua) only as being a prophet inferior to Muhammad, the founder of Islam. The Allah that the Muslims worship is actually Satan the devil.

As a related aside, it is not helpful for Christians to repeat the “Allah is a moon god” trope. (See Rick Brown’s 2006 article, “Who is ‘Allah’?”) It is simply not accurate and only serves to offend Muslims. If Christians want Muslims to understand that we do not worship three gods, then we also need to do them the service of understanding their theology accurately.
Indeed, Arabic-speaking Christians call God Allah. That may be jarring to modern day US Christians (who tend to think of Allah as “the god of Islam”), but the term existed in the Arabic world long before Islam arrived on the scene, and it is the Arabic equivalent of the Hebrew word Elohim. Today, Arabic Bibles call God of Christianity Allah. Can Christians call God Allah? They already do and have been for millennia. This in spite of efforts in some Muslim societies to outlaw Christians there from calling God Allah. Could it be that present Christian efforts to marginalize the Muslims in the US might mirror these Muslim efforts to marginalize Christians there, leading to religious tensions that end up obscuring the gospel message and undermining the mission of Christ?
Whenever the gospel entered new contexts, Christians wrestled with how best to communicate the truth of the gospel that not only utilized pre-existent religious forms and concepts but also in a way that avoided imposing a foreign religion and culture. Thus, missionaries in Korea took a pre-Christian term already present in the Korean religious mindset, Hanulnim (which means Sky), and reworked it to Hananim (which means One). This became the name for God in Korean. Our English word, and the related German word Gott have pre-Christian, pagan roots.
https://missio.edu/can-christians-call-god-allah/ Also , it's not nice , and productive to offend others by denigrating their God/s . I mean how would you like it if I were to refer to Jesus as being a false prophet , and failed messiah ? I mean , I could very well make the case , for example , but would it be helpful ?
Now is this convincing evidence of the erroroneous nature of Christian doctrine , that Christians follow and worship a deceiver , or will you people believe as you will , and will take issue with all whom call you out on your error ?
Deutschmania wrote:https://missio.edu/can-christians-call-god-allah/ Also , it's not nice , and productive to offend others by denigrating their God/s . I mean how would you like it if I were to refer to Jesus as being a false prophet , and failed messiah ? I mean , I could very well make the case , for example , but would it be helpful ?
Now is this convincing evidence of the erroroneous nature of Christian doctrine , that Christians follow and worship a deceiver , or will you people believe as you will , and will take issue with all whom call you out on your error ?

You can believe whatever you want. And so can I.
HalleluYah
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1290052309708238849?s=20

Could we stop with this use of tweets. Please quote the text from the tweet so as it can be easily quoted in the responses.

Its not 3000 years. Its not 2000 years. It wasn't even even 1900 years since the Jews lost Jerusalem and arguably Jews had a large presence there for centuries afterwards. Jerusalem, Jericho and Hebron were all clearly Jewish at the start of the current era.
Rich wrote:Could we stop with this use of tweets. Please quote the text from the tweet so as it can be easily quoted in the responses.

Its not 3000 years. Its not 2000 years. It wasn't even even 1900 years since the Jews lost Jerusalem and arguably Jews had a large presence there for centuries afterwards. Jerusalem, Jericho and Hebron were all clearly Jewish at the start of the current era.

But now "they" are back, the very same people - "the" Jews?

If my neighbors in Montreal bomb and take over Rome, can I say that "the Romans" are back because we're nominally "Roman Catholic"?

Or if my family take most of the Middle East "back" because we're Acadian (Akkadian)... would that fit into an public relations campaign if we include lots of paintings of drowned Acadians, along with Evangeline-Denial laws?

Rich wrote:Could we stop with this use of tweets. Please quote the text from the tweet so as it can be easily quoted in the responses.

No and no.

Enough with Biblical mythology. Jews were about 5% max of Palestine when European Zionists invaded and ethnically-cleansed Palestine in the 1930s/1940s. The land belongs to the natives and it is as simple as that. Also, the natives are willing to share the land with their terrorist-invaders but continue getting jacked because of the racist supremacy of the settler-colonialists.
skinster wrote:No and no.

OK well don't say I didn't ask nicely, I'll just respond with "liar" if I can't be bothered to quote the text. I know you're game and I know why you use tweets, because you hope to get an avalanche of lies through without being challenged.
Yeah, that's it. :D

If you have an argument, make it. I'll need citations too since you're generally full of shit and all over the place.

Back on topic. When not stealing the lives, homes and land of Palestinians, Syrians, Lebanese, Egyptians etc., Zionist steal rare bibles.

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]